Authorities: 20 Year old Holly Bobo A...

Authorities: 20 Year old Holly Bobo Abducted in Decatur County

There are 242753 comments on the MidSouthNewz story from Apr 13, 2011, titled Authorities: 20 Year old Holly Bobo Abducted in Decatur County. In it, MidSouthNewz reports that:

Authorities in Decatur and Henderson County as well as the Tennessee Highway Patrol and Tennessee Bureau of Investigation are searching for 20 year old Holly Bobo.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at MidSouthNewz.

Since: Jan 13

Bradley, IL

#120095 Apr 20, 2013
Doodle wrote:
]Wolfscratch...You seem very intelligent, I read your posts often. One problem with your idea. Have you ever been to the Bobo's home? It would be extremly difficult for someone to stalk her. Very few live on her road and it is very narrow. When you meet a car, you know it. Darden is not a city. It used to be a store and a couple of Churches and not even close to Holly's. There is no way a stranger could go down that road over twice, if not once, with out a neighbor noticing. No way to see behind Hollys house, where she got into her car, from the road. If it was even in the front yard, the home is far from the road. If a car was watching or stalking her. Even watching the family traffic time, someone would have seen it. I dont think she was abducted by a stranger. And many more reasons that would not work.The Google map does not give an accurate layout of the neighborhood. Or rather exactly how hard it would be for a stranger to travel that road and no one see him. Especially if he slowed up or paused at the Bobo home. If it was a neighbor....no one would notice.IMO
Thank you!

Since: Jul 11

Central KY

#120096 Apr 20, 2013
LT I cant answer the questions. The 1st item was found 2 days later? If so that was plenty of time to go back and scatter evidence where you would want LE to look and not where you went. Why call a phone tip in on Easter unless you wanted LE to know you have Holly and are the perp? Who else would know about the phone and place in a a certain location to be found. The id of the finder is also a good question.

Bradley, IL

#120097 Apr 20, 2013
Letsthink wrote:
<quoted text>
JER, The path tells us alot..a local destination.
The planting/dropping of so many pieces of Hollys items is one of the Mysteries for me in this case.
I don't get the 'planting' of evidence in so many locations.
It comes across to me as a stupid, simple minded, immature way of fooling LE and the public into thinking Holly was abducted.
NO real abductor would bother.
Common sense says, a real abductor/SO, would take the items and dispose of them far away, and leave no trace of anything.
OR put them in a black garbage bag and drop them in a dumpster at some out of the way location or throw them in one of the many rivers.
This person/abductor did not try to hide Hollys items, they wanted them found.
Did the person not have time to do that, or not want to do that?
Did they need to get back to the area quickly.. on their way to work, school, or home that Wed. morning??...
8 miles driving took about 10 minutes in my opinion...JMO
I certainly agree! And even if there was a far out chance the perp was a stranger to the community, there is NO way he was going to be driving around after disposing of Holly, enjoying the scenery and countryside while carelessly disposing of her belongings, IMO. He would have been getting the H*LL "out of Dodge" as fast as possible.

There would be no reason to play 'games' with LE and the family by planting her things. If indeed the perp, whoever he was, strategically put those things where he did, he was sending a message - and this means the family knew him. However, I am still not 100% convinced he did it on purpose, but it is strange that they were not disposed of along a definite route.

Since: Jul 11

Central KY

#120098 Apr 20, 2013
Another thought if Mojo isnt just a nutso then the bunny in a trance comment could refer to a coma.
DNF

Canton, MA

#120099 Apr 20, 2013
Letsthink wrote:
<quoted text>
JER, The path tells us alot..a local destination.
The planting/dropping of so many pieces of Hollys items is one of the Mysteries for me in this case.
I don't get the 'planting' of evidence in so many locations.
It comes across to me as a stupid, simple minded, immature way of fooling LE and the public into thinking Holly was abducted.
NO real abductor would bother.
Common sense says, a real abductor/SO, would take the items and dispose of them far away, and leave no trace of anything.
OR put them in a black garbage bag and drop them in a dumpster at some out of the way location or throw them in one of the many rivers.
This person/abductor did not try to hide Hollys items, they wanted them found.
Did the person not have time to do that, or not want to do that?
Did they need to get back to the area quickly.. on their way to work, school, or home that Wed. morning??...
8 miles driving took about 10 minutes in my opinion...JMO
Why would someone fleeing the scene be worried about tossing her belongings if they still had her? Wouldn't having her be much more damaging evidence! Gambler is right this stuff was planted as authorities said they suspected.
There are news media reports quoting the mother all over that this was her bag. Are we really going to believe there was another very similar bag nearby that a dog happened to dig up that by chance wasn't hers? Now they say it wasn't hers?

Bradley, IL

#120100 Apr 20, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would someone fleeing the scene be worried about tossing her belongings if they still had her? Wouldn't having her be much more damaging evidence! Gambler is right this stuff was planted as authorities said they suspected.
There are news media reports quoting the mother all over that this was her bag. Are we really going to believe there was another very similar bag nearby that a dog happened to dig up that by chance wasn't hers? Now they say it wasn't hers?
I myself feel that the perp murdered Holly and got rid of her body before disposing of her belongings. And if I remember correctly, where those things were found, a few locals were surprised because they had driven by those very spots soon after she disappeared and they were not there. If this is true, then the perp waited until the media focus was on the Bobo home and he did his scattering of her things, or even later that evening after he killed her, IMO.
Its believable

Sparta, TN

#120101 Apr 20, 2013
Wolfscratch Glenn Adams wrote:
<quoted text>
Planted?'Planted', is an assumption by a few conspiracy theorists on the board, imo.. The items were simply discarded individually while departing the abduction scene.
WS
Sorry Wolf but you didn't stay in town to search long enough to see certain things develop. The items got planted on multi-days in multi-locations while multi-weather developed from day to day that proved this was occurring to many untrained individuals/searchers. This was recognized very early in the searches.
Its believable

Sparta, TN

#120102 Apr 20, 2013
Ponderings wrote:
<quoted text>
So all of you who live in Tennessee - check out your local newspapers and see if there is a retraction concerning their reporting of false information. Several articles indicated that her items were found in the purse. Did this information come from the TBI? If so, they also need to make a corrective statement to the public. Any reputable news source will print an apology of sorts the next day,'regretting their error' concerning a news story. They have to do this, or they can find themselves in a lawsuit. And please provide the link. Thanks!
What news media do you know that has any concerns regarding a lawsuit against them versus a money-making story? I would like to see a (visible) link where any news media picked up any info from the authorities regarding any of Holly’s personal items that were founded in this bag. Never saw any authority’s name mentioned, not even an excuse of a “confidential source” that released such info on the personal effects. Why didn‘t we get pictures of the personal articles, we got the bag? Never saw a TBI news release stating anything other than the bag was believed to be Holly, then a further explanation that the bag was no longer believed to be Holly’s. I would like to see proof of a “typed” press release or a news conference regarding anything to do with this bag found turned wrong side out or that the bag contained any contents at all. News is a big money-making deal in our world. Everybody wants to be first and with something greater than true life if at all possible. Like everything else, the bigger the news audience, the more money it will produce in the end. Problem is, what part of the news should we trust to be factual. Sorry, not buying personal items were contained in a zipper compartment of a bag turned wrong side out, yet no visible signs of any wet or dried clumps of dirt (as mud forms) on the bag in the photo. Yet all this has developed within four days past the second anniversary of Holly‘s abduction when a dog brought this bag home. By no means am I blaming or pointing a finger at the homeowner that call in officials. Dogs do things of this nature and yes I would have also called LE as well. Whatever the meanings has been to whomever it was meant for, I do hope this will add, and not detract, from the criminal investigation. IMO, Holly, her family and community deserves much better than this.
Guess Who

Townsend, GA

#120103 Apr 20, 2013
I'd like to take a trip in the time machine here back to last Sunday night, the day after the anniversary carnival.

A poster came here with a tale about needing a proxy out of fear. The posts told by "sick of this", evolved from one pov to another.

But, it was this passage in particular that made them lose credibility to me:

3) it also appears to me that you think they are holding back information, possibly even from law enforcement. Is that correct? Do you think they could 'come clean' with everyone without compromising the investigation?
I think the info held back probably hasn't been held from LE, but I personally don't know what they've told LE. I think the general feeling is that not everything has been told to the public, meaning that they know things that they don't want the citizens they are asking to help them to know. People round here know other people's business, it's a small town. I know things myself that you don't. Like I said before, no one wants their child to be next or their house to be burned down. I do feel that the general opinion of the people is that they should have told everything if they really wanted help. How were we to know to look for a pink purse if we weren't told a pink purse was important? It took over a year for that to come out. All the hush hush makes people reluctant and suspicious. In the Bobo's defense, I've been told they were silenced by LE for quite some time. They are damned if they do and damned if they don't. It's a terrible situation to be in. The stuff I've said are not necessarily my opinions, just wanted ya'll to know that people in the community feel this way about the case. People are reluctant to put their necks out when they've only been told bare minimums.

This was a response to Pondering. How about that for crystal ball foreshadowing of events?
And voila, the supposed purse turns up a few days later.
Guess Who

Townsend, GA

#120104 Apr 20, 2013
I know it because you already said it.
Oh wow, a sex shop across the street from Teazers.

My GOD! You are right. There is a clue that should
lead straight to sewing up this case right there.

Seriously, you lost creds with me when you started talking
about the pink purse. No drug kingpin is going to arrange an
abduction of someone and let her tote along her little purse and cellphone, and schoolbooks and lunchbox.

The above was my response to them after their bullying of posters into believing that the sex shop fire was connected to Holly's "abduction" and it was major drug dealers to blame.

It was too much of a hard sell, to me, especially after pretending to be on the fence about what happened in this case.
You are putting on a show right now, and I don't buy it.

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#120105 Apr 20, 2013
Josy wrote:
At this point what the hell does it matter if it's hers or not. It was dragged up regardless. So that means things were overlooked. So research the area and see if more things are out there.
Excellent Point!

Bradley, IL

#120106 Apr 20, 2013
Its believable wrote:
<quoted text>
What news media do you know that has any concerns regarding a lawsuit against them versus a money-making story? I would like to see a (visible) link where any news media picked up any info from the authorities regarding any of Holly’s personal items that were founded in this bag. Never saw any authority’s name mentioned, not even an excuse of a “confidential source” that released such info on the personal effects. Why didn‘t we get pictures of the personal articles, we got the bag? Never saw a TBI news release stating anything other than the bag was believed to be Holly, then a further explanation that the bag was no longer believed to be Holly’s. I would like to see proof of a “typed” press release or a news conference regarding anything to do with this bag found turned wrong side out or that the bag contained any contents at all. News is a big money-making deal in our world. Everybody wants to be first and with something greater than true life if at all possible. Like everything else, the bigger the news audience, the more money it will produce in the end. Problem is, what part of the news should we trust to be factual. Sorry, not buying personal items were contained in a zipper compartment of a bag turned wrong side out, yet no visible signs of any wet or dried clumps of dirt (as mud forms) on the bag in the photo. Yet all this has developed within four days past the second anniversary of Holly‘s abduction when a dog brought this bag home. By no means am I blaming or pointing a finger at the homeowner that call in officials. Dogs do things of this nature and yes I would have also called LE as well. Whatever the meanings has been to whomever it was meant for, I do hope this will add, and not detract, from the criminal investigation. IMO, Holly, her family and community deserves much better than this.
Here is a news source that said her things were found with the backpack/purse. This link was from WBIR Chanel 10 News;

http://www.wbir.com/news/article/265460/2/Cam...
Guess Who

Townsend, GA

#120107 Apr 20, 2013
Oops I stepped on my c+p job.
The last line about putting on a show was on the original post.

I recommend anybody go back and reread those posts.

Location hidden

#120108 Apr 20, 2013
JER29 wrote:
LW you must be mellowing, the cat fight didnt materialize with G, be careful this may be a Tom. CVT meet Mojo you probably know each other by different names in the next realm. Is there a search today or was that a mistake as well?
Not Mellowing just taking it all in. What CVT and Mojo/Mod and GW say are really inconsequetial. They can post their opinion all day long and still sound like a bag of idiots. They are so stupid and nasty in what they post no one could possibly take them serious. I read and must openly admit my eyes are strained from rolling them! If one chooses their battles wisely they understand that these three are not worth fighting with. Scroll and roll.

As far as this casn and current searches - historically the TBI says one thing and does another so yeah.

Since: Jul 08

Lexington, Va.

#120109 Apr 20, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would someone fleeing the scene be worried about tossing her belongings if they still had her?

Wouldn't having her be much more damaging evidence!
Gambler is right this stuff was planted as authorities said they suspected.
There are news media reports quoting the mother all over that this was her bag.
Are we really going to believe there was another very similar bag nearby that a dog happened to dig up that by chance wasn't hers?
Now they say it wasn't hers?
DNF, Big coincidence isn't it?
Can't say our dogs have ever drug-up a purse on our property that resembles any of my purses.

Great point about: IF the abductor had Holly in their vehicle having her in the vehicle would be more damaging evidence than her items.
That point leads me to suspect the abductor/person did NOT have Holly in their vehicle when the items was planted.

Seems the items was planted at different times, usually After a rain... all the way til Easter...meaning this person was still in a 8 mile radius of the B. property when the phone was planted..jmo
Its believable

Sparta, TN

#120110 Apr 20, 2013
Ponderings wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is a news source that said her things were found with the backpack/purse. This link was from WBIR Chanel 10 News;
http://www.wbir.com/news/article/265460/2/Cam...
Yes, and the best I can tell this link comes via somewhere in the Knoxville area. Guess it will have to be a believe it or not thingy since WBIR stated no acknowledgement of collecting such news from anyone locally or some official in authority. So believe it or not. For myself,as of right now, I refuse to believe anything tied to this one source.
Hmmmmmm

United States

#120111 Apr 20, 2013
Its believable wrote:
<quoted text>
i saw report that quoted Kristin helms tbi

Location hidden

#120112 Apr 20, 2013
Ponderings wrote:
<quoted text>
I think a 'professional kidnapper/abductor' would not have 'planted' items belonging to his victim. He would have stashed them away perhaps in his car trunk until he found a secluded area to dump them all at once, way out in the countryside in a heavily wooded region after placing them in a large trash bag. However, if it is true she was not actually abducted, this does not mean she wasn't murdered; it could have been by a close friend or relative who for some reason, wanted to eliminate her. I also don't think a jilted boyfriend would plant stuff either - the mystery is, what was the reason for scattering the victim's personal belongings around the countryside, and close to her home, ta-boot?
Regardless of whether the purse was Holly’s or not there is still a possibility that it was planted. You know there were several black flip flops scattered all over the county so… Is it really a far stretch to think the perps would not also shallow burry a few purses?

The purpose – confusion!

Location hidden

#120113 Apr 20, 2013
lady wrote:
If no one comes out and claims that the backpack is theirs, then i still believe it is Hollys and LE didnt want that info leaked.
If they didn't want the info leaked then why did their spokes person report it? That makes no sense!
Its believable

Sparta, TN

#120114 Apr 20, 2013
Hmmmmmm wrote:
<quoted text>i saw report that quoted Kristin helms tbi
Yes, I saw two of Kristin Helm's published statements on the subject. One was Helms' acknowledgement that Karen believed the bag could possibly be Holly's. The second has Helms' acknowledgement that now that Karen has gotten a chance at viewing the physical item, in person, Karen has declared it not to be Holly's.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Parsons Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Haunted places 5 hr Curious1 1
Coggins test regulations in TN (Nov '11) Fri Dgs 9
Praters taters Aug 26 Lost in your eyes 1
Dawn Gulledge (Dec '13) Aug 25 uknowwhoboo 26
Looking for someone to cut and buy timber (Dec '13) Aug 22 We havin steak to... 15
Girls who's the best in bed (Nov '15) Aug 21 the best 32
Brandon Kelley (Aug '11) Aug 18 Memphis10 58

Parsons Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Parsons Mortgages