Authorities: 20 Year old Holly Bobo A...

Authorities: 20 Year old Holly Bobo Abducted in Decatur County

There are 242872 comments on the MidSouthNewz story from Apr 13, 2011, titled Authorities: 20 Year old Holly Bobo Abducted in Decatur County. In it, MidSouthNewz reports that:

Authorities in Decatur and Henderson County as well as the Tennessee Highway Patrol and Tennessee Bureau of Investigation are searching for 20 year old Holly Bobo.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at MidSouthNewz.

Guess Who

Townsend, GA

#119953 Apr 19, 2013
Prayer Brings Peace wrote:
<quoted text>
With all due respect....Meaning I'm not trying to be mean or snotty about it.... Not all crime scene photographs made have anything to scale an item by.
I know it doesn't make sense, but it's true. Only some investigators do anything to show scale. In my opinion, it would be nice if they did, as not everyone who will eventually view the photographs (jurors) will be able to tell that this or that is of the right size or dimentions.
I have seen some crime scene photographs with no scale present at all. For example, change lying on pavement. In my opinion, someone could say it was authentic coins, but without scale, and a very up close shot, we simply just do not know. So, I'm assuming that this is just the photo they released, I'm pretty sure they took OTHERS that showed scale, even though not ALL investigators show scale.
Well, I would never have assumed you were trying to be snotty or mean, until you said that! lol.
It's OK, I really don't care.

Since: Jan 13

Bradley, IL

#119954 Apr 19, 2013
Doodle wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I also felt it was another type of disapearence until this happened. Actually I started changing my mind about a couple of months ago. I give up, trying to find a reaon.
Jackson news channel 7 said they are fixing to have a new report and the investigation is starting over. JUST NOW. Praise God
Hang on to your hats folks!

(maybe) here we go again!

Since: Feb 10

Huntsville, AL

#119955 Apr 19, 2013
Doodle wrote:
<quoted text>
I think maybe Siglow. I know that is what her Mom's last name is. I have been told they are also related to the Kilpatricks but you will have to ask someone more familar with the Scott family. I do not know them. Only through other people.
Sanders

Huntsville, AL

#119956 Apr 19, 2013
Guess Who wrote:
<quoted text>
I was under the impression he was a second husband.
Thanks for the reply though.
Maiden name is Sanders

Since: Jan 13

Bradley, IL

#119957 Apr 19, 2013
kas61 wrote:
There is something I'm having trouble wrapping my head around here. For shits and giggles lets just say the purse was really empty. We all saw the picture of what was found and the condition in ... torn, faded, dirty. If there were no identifying marks on that purse/bag/backpack/whatever inside or out, what about it made the owner of the dog think it was important enough to call LE about? Even if they knew about Holly having a pink purse, looking at what was found, I'm not sure there is anything about what I see in that picture that I would describe as a pink purse. IMO it could have easily been passed off as junk or something the dog robbed out of someone's trash can. So what made them think it belonged to Holly?
Not only do I agree, why, when she/he did show it to LE, did they made such a fuss over it? What caused their alarm bells to go off? It's not that unusual to find discarded items along the highway, weeds, or in open fields. Just because i'ts pink? Come on! Many girls buy pink clothing and matching accessories. That's why I had assumed her driver's license and other items that LE knew about was in that darn bag.
Doodle

Kingsport, TN

#119958 Apr 19, 2013
Ponderings wrote:
<quoted text>
I was trying to find that link that describes what she was carrying when Clint saw her walking (not led) away with the so-called camo man. Do you have it?
No but maybe I can find it. I just watched Channel 7 and Whitney gave an interview. I thought she was hid somewhere. She commented since that was found there out to be things out there. But Channel 7 commented as many times as the woods have been searched, something would have showed up. Those woods have NOT been searched by professional. Walked over very little by a few friends and that is a stretch. Has anyone else heard that CUE was not allowed to search those woods? I hope the post is right that a new search will start Saturday by outside professionals. This is actually making me angry now.
Guess Who

Townsend, GA

#119959 Apr 19, 2013
kas61 wrote:
There is something I'm having trouble wrapping my head around here. For shits and giggles lets just say the purse was really empty. We all saw the picture of what was found and the condition in ... torn, faded, dirty. If there were no identifying marks on that purse/bag/backpack/whatever inside or out, what about it made the owner of the dog think it was important enough to call LE about? Even if they knew about Holly having a pink purse, looking at what was found, I'm not sure there is anything about what I see in that picture that I would describe as a pink purse. IMO it could have easily been passed off as junk or something the dog robbed out of someone's trash can. So what made them think it belonged to Holly?
Oh I agree, then again, what are the odds a pinkish dirty faded bag would turn up this week? I could be wrong but I think the word at least one media outlet used was the keychain was attached to the bag. If an alligator type clip, I could EASILY see that being removed before the photo was the circulated.

I think that the TBI is playing somebody and I think they are confused right now and in the dark about what is going on now.
Doodle

Kingsport, TN

#119960 Apr 19, 2013
kas61 wrote:
<quoted text>
Maiden name is Sanders
Thank you. Suzie is her mom, Right?
Mojo

Daytona Beach, FL

#119961 Apr 19, 2013
Obvious answer to both questions above is that her license was in it. Why call LE if the dog just came home with what the photo shows? Old bag? So?

Since: Jul 11

Central KY

#119962 Apr 19, 2013
Pondering Clint never described Holly carrying anything. Both the perp and Holly had their backs to him as they walked towards the woods. He later said both of Hollys elbows were bent and 1 of the perps was as well. I f you bend your elbows and have your hands in front of you then you may be packing something and it not be seen from behind.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#119963 Apr 19, 2013
Guess Who wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I would never have assumed you were trying to be snotty or mean, until you said that! lol.
It's OK, I really don't care.
I assure you that no disrespect at all was intended. I just said that as I knew my first sentence would SOUND bad. My spologies if you feel otherwise.:-)
Doodle

Kingsport, TN

#119964 Apr 19, 2013
Ponderings wrote:
<quoted text>
Not only do I agree, why, when she/he did show it to LE, did they made such a fuss over it? What caused their alarm bells to go off? It's not that unusual to find discarded items along the highway, weeds, or in open fields. Just because i'ts pink? Come on! Many girls buy pink clothing and matching accessories. That's why I had assumed her driver's license and other items that LE knew about was in that darn bag.
Very good points. Why the excitement? The neighbor of the man who found it called my family member. The talk went that fasy. I agree. If there was not something in a pocket or somewhere, why even consider Holly? I would not have if I saw that.

Henderson, TN

#119965 Apr 19, 2013
Ponderings wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't seen a photo of a pink purse - I guess we are talking about two different things here. I agree - a backpack is not a purse in the true sense of the word, and it is not formal enough for some occasions. But the photo they released yesterday definitely is a backpack.
Their is a pic of Holly with her pink purse.Then the photo yesterday of the backpack. The pink purse the bobo's mentioned is the one with Holly in the picture and I assume the one she had when she went missing.These are 2 different pics.
Guess Who

Townsend, GA

#119966 Apr 19, 2013
Doodle wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, thanks so much KAS! Yes, Susie is her mom.

Zup

Since: Dec 12

Salem, OR

#119967 Apr 19, 2013
Authorities, according to local media are reporting tonight that the dog did not "drag" that purse home. The dog simply put a front leg through the strap and walked, led it home.

I googled the area that dog lives in and touched the screen. Using my psychic abilities I talked with the dog. He told me that he was supposed to have shown up with that purse two years ago as his part in this production. The rally on TV last week reminded him of this, so he asked to be let out and ran off to get it.

Better late than never.

Authorities are also saying that they did not mean to report a camera, promise ring, and a key chain with a big H had been found.

They are now saying what they meant they discovered was Cam Newton, a drug ring, and a motel key with a wolf scratch on it.

Huntsville, AL

#119968 Apr 19, 2013
Ponderings wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely. If there were no contents, no identifying marks of any kind, and all they had was an off colored, torn bag that most people wouldn't even describe as a "purse", IMO it makes no sense that the person thought it was important enough to call the law about.
Guess Who

Townsend, GA

#119969 Apr 19, 2013
Prayer Brings Peace wrote:
<quoted text>
I assure you that no disrespect at all was intended. I just said that as I knew my first sentence would SOUND bad. My spologies if you feel otherwise.:-)
It didn't sound bad to me, it sounded like a professional opinion.
:)

Huntsville, AL

#119970 Apr 19, 2013
Doodle wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#119971 Apr 19, 2013
Latest Report

News Channel 5 Nashville...
Meanwhile a search for Holly Bobo has been cancelled for tomorrow, that's after authorities say a purse found yesterday was not hers after all.
A dog found that purse in Parsons. At first her family thought it was the missing 20 year olds but later realized it was not. Bobo has been missing for 2 yrs. There are still no suspects in her disappearance.
Mojo

Daytona Beach, FL

#119972 Apr 19, 2013
Zup wrote:
Authorities, according to local media are reporting tonight that the dog did not "drag" that purse home. The dog simply put a front leg through the strap and walked, led it home.
I googled the area that dog lives in and touched the screen. Using my psychic abilities I talked with the dog. He told me that he was supposed to have shown up with that purse two years ago as his part in this production. The rally on TV last week reminded him of this, so he asked to be let out and ran off to get it.
Better late than never.
Authorities are also saying that they did not mean to report a camera, promise ring, and a key chain with a big H had been found.
They are now saying what they meant they discovered was Cam Newton, a drug ring, and a motel key with a wolf scratch on it.
Did you ask the dog about Drew's relationship with Holly at the time of the abduction? Or why there is virtually no mention of the classic key suspect in an abduction? Small-town pride thing? "Killed my little girl, but he's still family" thing?

Gotta be ready for these things.. CNN's a bitch.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Parsons Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Holly Bobo Case Solved (Mar '13) 45 min Lies Within 501
Haunted places 19 hr Curious 2 2
Coggins test regulations in TN (Nov '11) Aug 26 Dgs 9
Praters taters Aug 26 Lost in your eyes 1
Dawn Gulledge (Dec '13) Aug 25 uknowwhoboo 26
Looking for someone to cut and buy timber (Dec '13) Aug 22 We havin steak to... 15
Girls who's the best in bed (Nov '15) Aug 21 the best 32

Parsons Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Parsons Mortgages