Authorities: 20 Year old Holly Bobo A...

Authorities: 20 Year old Holly Bobo Abducted in Decatur County

There are 242288 comments on the MidSouthNewz story from Apr 13, 2011, titled Authorities: 20 Year old Holly Bobo Abducted in Decatur County. In it, MidSouthNewz reports that:

Authorities in Decatur and Henderson County as well as the Tennessee Highway Patrol and Tennessee Bureau of Investigation are searching for 20 year old Holly Bobo.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at MidSouthNewz.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#119711 Apr 18, 2013
Doodle wrote:
<quoted text>
No. I never heard. Do you know if there is a Clenney behind them?
yes there is a clenny on the north side of myracle town road/arms creek road right at the intersection of box road. in essence this is 'behind' the bobo's, to the southwest, separated by woods then fields then woods again.
JamesDean

Crossville, TN

#119712 Apr 18, 2013
I'm not much into, "conspiracy" things, but I thought it was pretty weird that I was watching Dana Bobo get interviewed and his words were, "She had a PINK purse." But the picture of the one they supposedly found today was brown and leather. And it was pretty convenient that the purse was found just a few days after the 2 year mark of her disappearance. Idk. Just odd.
Doodle

Kingsport, TN

#119713 Apr 18, 2013
Guess Who wrote:
<quoted text>
Ur...do you mean live behind the Bobos?
I'm guessing they lived somewhere in the neighborhood
if it was their dogs that allegedly came home with the
purse which I am highly skeptical of.
What I would be more inclined to believe is the pink purse is a
red herring. I think it was just another piece of staged evidence.
Possibly thrown out in a nearby ditch with some sort of scent on it to attract dogs. Then it was maybe found in a yard. JMO.
Why Now? do you think? Ive not heard of anyone under suspicion really. I dont know if TBI was even investigating heavy, now that it is 2 years later. Why put out a herring now if they were not suspects?
Doodle

Kingsport, TN

#119714 Apr 18, 2013
zzoey wrote:
<quoted text>
yes there is a clenny on the north side of myracle town road/arms creek road right at the intersection of box road. in essence this is 'behind' the bobo's, to the southwest, separated by woods then fields then woods again.
Thanks Zoey. That is exactly what I was told.

Since: Nov 12

Huron, OH

#119715 Apr 18, 2013
deesnutz_n_dc wrote:
<quoted text>
Erika - I had never heard rumor tying the Fox death to Holly's case. It was a mysterious fire, homicide due to arson resulting in death of Chief Fox. It might. Local rumor that I hear is completely in another direction - people suspect owner got rid of a cash drain; that's overwhelming suspicion target in that fire.
Since his name was brought up, Oak Hill (Myrtle's) used to be owned and operated by Larry Mitchell's uncle - his dad's brother. I think the family sold property and business back in 90s or earlier after they died, not sure. If Larry's son was meth-lab connected, then that might be a link to pursue toward the Oak Hill fire. Some of that family still resides very close, and the adjacent property to where the fire was surrounds the bar I think, unless it's sold off too. Please correct me if anyone knows more accurate info.
Do you suspect the fires in some way other than drug informant retaliation?
I'm highly suspicious that they are connected.... not directly connected to her abduction... but that the people run in the same circles...
I personally believe that a drug ring or worse is being broken up.. and they are retaliating amoung themselves... JMO...
again

United States

#119716 Apr 18, 2013
kas61 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would anyone that killed someone bury the body close to their own property? Why not put up a neon sign and just say "I did it"?
Casey Anthony did it
Guess Who

Townsend, GA

#119717 Apr 18, 2013
Doodle wrote:
<quoted text>
Why Now? do you think? Ive not heard of anyone under suspicion really. I dont know if TBI was even investigating heavy, now that it is 2 years later. Why put out a herring now if they were not suspects?
As I said a couple posts back. Maybe the interest in the case
was waning? Maybe they have a warehouse filled with unsold Tees
and no market for them?
Also, even more importantly, I've been here off and on for a long
time. This is the most skeptical and critical of the Bobos I've seen this forum be in a long time.

If this is a smaller scale of the level of suspicion being cast on the Bobos then it is more important than ever to reignite a case
for an abductor that has been really, markedly absent in the case for quite some time.
IMHO.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#119718 Apr 18, 2013
Ponderings wrote:
<quoted text>
I have been skeptical of the camo man story. But if indeed he or whoever the perp was, took Holly out to a wooded area where he murdered her, it probably was done in anger - especially if he thought he could get her to go along with what he wanted and she refused. Then after he buried her and got back to his vehicle, he saw her belongings and then decided to do something with them. He may have tried to bury the backpack in a shallow hole nearby, then drove around and scattered her other things. Just thinking out loud and pure speculation, but many things are feasible as to how and why the backpack was where it was.
digging and burying all this in what - 27 minutes?
(scratching my chin)

Huron, OH

#119719 Apr 18, 2013
Here is a link to a property viewer of Tenn...
.. put in Decatur County
.. and search under... property owner.. Bobo..
.. from there click on identity..
You should be able to click on any property to see who owns it.

http://tnmap.tn.gov/assessment/

I hope this helps...:)

Huron, OH

#119720 Apr 18, 2013
Here is a link to Holly's map too...

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms...

Hope this helps as well...
Guess Who

Townsend, GA

#119721 Apr 18, 2013
If Holly's body were to be found in those woods, I would probably be the most surprised person on this forum.

Huron, OH

#119722 Apr 18, 2013
I'm not able to get on here much.. and am still back on April 16th....
Could someone clue me in real quick on the new developement ...
TIA

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#119723 Apr 18, 2013
Erika-- wrote:
I'm not able to get on here much.. and am still back on April 16th....
Could someone clue me in real quick on the new developement ...
TIA
http://www.wsmv.com/story/22014089/holly-bobo...

Location hidden

#119724 Apr 18, 2013
Guess Who wrote:
<quoted text>
Ur...do you mean live behind the Bobos?
I'm guessing they lived somewhere in the neighborhood
if it was their dogs that allegedly came home with the
purse which I am highly skeptical of.
What I would be more inclined to believe is the pink purse is a
red herring. I think it was just another piece of staged evidence.
Possibly thrown out in a nearby ditch with some sort of scent on it to attract dogs. Then it was maybe found in a yard. JMO.
That was where my gut took me at first. I thought it is almost certainly diversionary.

Now that I'm digesting it - IMO:
The dogs lost Holly's scent at edge of yard. Perp could have wrapped her body there intruding on scent, or even covered with some confounding scent. Then taken her 1 mile and killed and buried her. This fits redneck mafia behavior profile - IMO. They are known for being big and threatening, not as criminal masterminds. Could be they never really cared much about the purse being found, just needed a little lead time to get away. And we still don't know for sure if it was buried, or just jammed up under a log or something and the dog drug it out. What we apparently know now is that the volunteer searchers were as reliable and valuable as local LE.

Since: Jan 13

Bradley, IL

#119725 Apr 18, 2013
zzoey wrote:
<quoted text>
Found it on the Google Earth map.

Location hidden

#119726 Apr 18, 2013
Erika-- wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm highly suspicious that they are connected.... not directly connected to her abduction... but that the people run in the same circles...
I personally believe that a drug ring or worse is being broken up.. and they are retaliating amoung themselves... JMO...
Erika, Holly's backpack was found this afternoon at 1530 by a neighbor dog that brought it into it's owner's yard. look at local tv station coverage, it's all over, and on fox national news. sorry, i don't have a link.
Guess Who

Townsend, GA

#119727 Apr 18, 2013
deesnutz_n_dc wrote:
<quoted text>
That was where my gut took me at first. I thought it is almost certainly diversionary.
Now that I'm digesting it - IMO:
The dogs lost Holly's scent at edge of yard. Perp could have wrapped her body there intruding on scent, or even covered with some confounding scent. Then taken her 1 mile and killed and buried her. This fits redneck mafia behavior profile - IMO. They are known for being big and threatening, not as criminal masterminds. Could be they never really cared much about the purse being found, just needed a little lead time to get away. And we still don't know for sure if it was buried, or just jammed up under a log or something and the dog drug it out. What we apparently know now is that the volunteer searchers were as reliable and valuable as local LE.
Once again though Dees, any scenario that has Holly carried away
involuntarily or unconscious is one that would require a "valet" to
tote her books, purse and lunchbox along. And then a gofer to go plant them later. I don't see why or how they would do this.

Since: Jan 13

Bradley, IL

#119728 Apr 18, 2013
deesnutz_n_dc wrote:
<quoted text>
digging and burying all this in what - 27 minutes?
(scratching my chin)
Perp must have been a really fast worker indeed. Within forty minutes or less after LE was informed Holly was missing, they rolled up to the house in a blaze, and soon many neighbors were out standing around with the commotion. Maybe everything was real quiet and no one around in the David Box Road area that morning as he was getting rid of the backpack.

Location hidden

#119729 Apr 18, 2013
Guess Who wrote:
<quoted text>
As I said a couple posts back. Maybe the interest in the case
was waning? Maybe they have a warehouse filled with unsold Tees
and no market for them?
Also, even more importantly, I've been here off and on for a long
time. This is the most skeptical and critical of the Bobos I've seen this forum be in a long time.
If this is a smaller scale of the level of suspicion being cast on the Bobos then it is more important than ever to reignite a case
for an abductor that has been really, markedly absent in the case for quite some time.
IMHO.
G, are you thinking a Bobo baited with the backpack, tying into all thus preparatory chronology of events, in order to re-surge gradually dwindling and suspicious public sympathies and to elevate drooping financial support?
Who was it that said "find the pink purse and you find Holly?" was that Dana in a fundraiser plea? Or a poster from on here?

Location hidden

#119730 Apr 18, 2013
Guess Who wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again though Dees, any scenario that has Holly carried away
involuntarily or unconscious is one that would require a "valet" to
tote her books, purse and lunchbox along. And then a gofer to go plant them later. I don't see why or how they would do this.
Ok - not being mean or hurtful, just curious:
Now that we are freely discussing that Holly was probably a more normal range young lady with some hormonal urges - What if she accompanied the perp into the woods for a willing sexual encounter? Else, what if it was in order to join the perp willingly, or semi-willingly, lured by promise of quick meth hit or some other quick wake-up before this big test that had her anxiety kicked in? If so, then away from property on her own feet or ATV, scream still if by Holly could have been from the CURRENT LOCATION OF INTEREST, since it is near Wise home also. It could have been ecstasy scream or rage or terror, someone already mentioned we couldn't assume it was from attack.
We've had a lot of skirting around the question of who flirted with Holly and who did she flirt with. Someone keeps mentioning the city worker, rough trade, dangerous and alluring to some young women, especially if he came with a strong hookup for some possible drug habit Holly may have developed.
JMO/MOO

Thoughts?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Parsons Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for someone to cut and buy timber (Dec '13) Mon We havin steak to... 15
Girls who's the best in bed (Nov '15) Aug 21 the best 32
Brandon Kelley (Aug '11) Aug 18 Memphis10 58
News Holly Bobo suspect trials not expected until 2017 (Nov '15) Aug 17 ItsAFactJack-- 56
drugs (Nov '08) Aug 15 Wee 23
Jason baine Aug 12 Maybe 1
perryville tn boxing club Aug 11 Sun dont shine 3

Parsons Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Parsons Mortgages