Authorities: 20 Year old Holly Bobo A...

Authorities: 20 Year old Holly Bobo Abducted in Decatur County

There are 269778 comments on the MidSouthNewz story from Apr 13, 2011, titled Authorities: 20 Year old Holly Bobo Abducted in Decatur County. In it, MidSouthNewz reports that:

Authorities in Decatur and Henderson County as well as the Tennessee Highway Patrol and Tennessee Bureau of Investigation are searching for 20 year old Holly Bobo.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at MidSouthNewz.

Since: Jun 11

Germantown, TN

#119656 Apr 18, 2013
The real ummmmmmm wrote:
<quoted text>The reason I was going to ask, is because did you know who was second in Southaven as bartender? What about a band in 2nd? LOL!!
Sorry, I don't have an answer to either question. Must be out of the loop.:-)

Location hidden

#119657 Apr 18, 2013
lady wrote:
<quoted text>
And i suppose you have way more of a clue than LE? Aren't you the one that was stupid enough to fall for TC's bull crap?
Lots of people fell for his lies and alot of other peoples lies too! For all we know you are TC or one of the other liars.

TBI's merits speak volumns - Need I point that out? They were suppose to be only one clue away in May of 2011. They have had 10 people on this case at any given time and two full years to resolve it. So yeah I would say I have more of a clue than the TBI!

Since: Jul 11

Central KY

#119658 Apr 18, 2013
From WMCT Memphi from the video spokesperson told reporter TBI confirmed it is Hollys purse. Written article says "A spokesperson for the Bobo family tells Action News 5 investigator Janice Broach the purse was discovered Wednesday around 3:30 pm about 1 mile from the Bobo home." ..."Bobos mother says she is extremely upset because she would like more information but investigators are not talking." TBI is asking for tips again and have a postive id this time. They wouldnt release this if not confirmed. TBI denied the reports last year when evidence was reported found and it turned out to be animal bones. Until an arrest is made I dont think family will be told anything unless remains are also recovered.
gam

Waynesboro, TN

#119659 Apr 18, 2013
Lies Within wrote:
<quoted text>
Lots of people fell for his lies and alot of other peoples lies too! For all we know you are TC or one of the other liars.
TBI's merits speak volumns - Need I point that out? They were suppose to be only one clue away in May of 2011. They have had 10 people on this case at any given time and two full years to resolve it. So yeah I would say I have more of a clue than the TBI!
The phone turned up right when NG was announcing they had info from cops who'd pinged it.

Location hidden

#119660 Apr 18, 2013
The real ummmmmmm wrote:
<quoted text>This thought gives a chill of excitement down your spine if he did, because now someone will notice this person missing. I am hoping that they found more items to be announced in the coming days. If it was turned inside out, then I would assume that there has to be some kind of evidence that this stupid idiot left. So far now, we are beginning to see mistakes possibly by this stupid idiot that will get him caught. You agree?
Let's just hope the idiot decided to steal money out of her wallet and left a finger print! Hope they did find her wallet but ...

http://www.wkrn.com/story/22015371/holly-bobo...

The newly found purse, which was found empty and turned inside out, is now in the TBI's possession.

That doesn't mean they didn't find other things that they are not reporting at this time - they do that you know!
Guess Who

Townsend, GA

#119661 Apr 18, 2013
deesnutz_n_dc wrote:
The bag looks like plastic to me, weathered, deep pink before discoloring and fading. Maybe some canvas links and inserts. I don't think leather. I agree, I doubt the dogs would have grabbed as souvenier unless there was something like decomposed sandwich or candy bar remnants inside. It's too too perfect, isn't it? The timing, the choreography of this tragic opera, now music rising to this sad dog dragging up this purse to a neighbor's back yard. Not sure by whom, but motive in this is pretty clear to me: too convenient, too close proximity to event, too closely orchestrated with calendar and with recent "re-focus" on purse contents.
Horsesh##$#.
This is diversion bait. Gotta be.
Hope they don't find Holly close by, but if so, who but an absolute moron would dispose of a murder victim in this manner and location?
The description they gave the other day was pink "patent leather".
So yeah, basically naugahyde. Nothing a dog would be interested in. But, also, if weathered that long, it would have become brittle and split, but not rotted down as leather would.

We agree about the timing. My guess was that donations were starting to wain. They probably got a lot of Tees that didn't sell.
But, the main thing is I've suspected from the time I read on here
that Dana mentioned this pink purse after 15 months, that after a
discreet passage of time, that purse was going to turn up.
And so it did.

Lexington, TN

#119662 Apr 18, 2013
i wonder how TBI feels about them asking for tips to be sent directly to them instead of TBI?
deesnutz_n_dc wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that's pretty significant too. Not just impressing distrust of family that they would tell secrets, but that they could reasonably be considered parties who may sabotage LE efforts intentionally. That part really stank.
Guess Who

Townsend, GA

#119663 Apr 18, 2013
gam wrote:
<quoted text>
The phone turned up right when NG was announcing they had info from cops who'd pinged it.
Yes, it turned up. But, in a different place than where
it was pinged.
inTn

Clarksville, TN

#119664 Apr 18, 2013
Sadly this is not a good sign of the possibility of her being alive, not sure there was much hope for that anyways.. Maybe they can find the her and give her a proper burial...
That dog only picked up that bag for one reason.. something was decomposing on or near it..... country dogs dont just drag purses out of the woods.. they always bring home something they caught or part of something..hope the find her soon and can have some evidence left of the killer
gam

Waynesboro, TN

#119665 Apr 18, 2013
A lunchbox gets found, even though there is no evidence that Holly regularly carried her lunch to the nursing college ????????

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#119666 Apr 18, 2013
One of the tv news clips today state "the searchers have dwindled to a few loyal friends" *paraprasing.

“Justice to KSwift and Holly”

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#119667 Apr 18, 2013
gam wrote:
<quoted text>
I think most of us here feel the same way. When this case first happened, I kept thinking she would be found any day now. I kept coming back here each day to wait for the news that she was found, expecting that news each day. Then days became weeks, and weeks into months. I became invested in this case to see it through to its conclusion, although I never expected it to be this long.
Sometimes it takes this long for things to be found, regardless what it is. A missing case can be solved quicker than others, because amateurs screw up with mistakes and they think they have covered their tracks. I agree with you to stay and I have been off and on and see this to the end...
wangos tango

Jackson, TN

#119668 Apr 18, 2013
kiab wrote:
<quoted text>dipshidiot.
jesus christ, what a fantastic word.

Location hidden

#119669 Apr 18, 2013
Guess Who wrote:
<quoted text>
The description they gave the other day was pink "patent leather".
So yeah, basically naugahyde. Nothing a dog would be interested in. But, also, if weathered that long, it would have become brittle and split, but not rotted down as leather would.
http://www.wkrn.com/story/22015371/holly-bobo...
The newly found purse, which was found empty and turned inside out, is now in the TBI's possession.
My guess was that donations were starting to wain. They probably got a lot of Tees that didn't sell.
But, the main thing is I've suspected from the time I read on here
that Dana mentioned this pink purse after 15 months, that after a
discreet passage of time, that purse was going to turn up.
And so it did.
You said "We agree about the timing." Who is WE?
gam

Waynesboro, TN

#119670 Apr 18, 2013
deesnutz_n_dc wrote:
One of the tv news clips today state "the searchers have dwindled to a few loyal friends" *paraprasing.
what is *paraprasing??? LOL
Guess Who

Townsend, GA

#119671 Apr 18, 2013
inTn wrote:
Sadly this is not a good sign of the possibility of her being alive, not sure there was much hope for that anyways.. Maybe they can find the her and give her a proper burial...
That dog only picked up that bag for one reason.. something was decomposing on or near it..... country dogs dont just drag purses out of the woods.. they always bring home something they caught or part of something..hope the find her soon and can have some evidence left of the killer
I don't get your reasoning.
If the purse were near a body, why would a "country dog"
bring back a plastic purse, when it could have brought
home a femur, or a tibia, or a couple of ribs?

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#119672 Apr 18, 2013
gam wrote:
A lunchbox gets found, even though there is no evidence that Holly regularly carried her lunch to the nursing college ????????
She regularly lunched with her Grandmother, I think, but for some reason there was emphasis on the "lunch purse". That was also info the family placed too meticulously under scrutiny, as if it were disinfo in order to buttress some other piece as yet to reveal.
gam

Waynesboro, TN

#119673 Apr 18, 2013
Lies Within wrote:
<quoted text>
You said "We agree about the timing." Who is WE?
if they didn't tell you then its none of your stinking business!!
gam

Waynesboro, TN

#119674 Apr 18, 2013
Guess Who wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't get your reasoning.
If the purse were near a body, why would a "country dog"
bring back a plastic purse, when it could have brought
home a femur, or a tibia, or a couple of ribs?
absolutely correct!

Germantown, TN

#119675 Apr 18, 2013
Info I haven't seen before. I knew it was stated earlier and then retracted. I wonder if this the latest information?

"No arrests were ever made in the case. Officials said they didn't consider any of Bobo's relatives or her boyfriend to be involved in her disappearance."

A lengthy article:
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/201...

Search resumes for Tenn. woman missing 2 years

Police are searching for the spot where the purse was found
PARSONS, Tenn.(AP) The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation sent out search dogs Thursday to look for a young woman who has been missing since she was abducted from her home a little more than two years ago.

Holly Bobo was last seen April 13, 2011, when her brother said he saw a man in hunting clothes leading the 20-year-old nursing student into the woods around the family home outside Parsons, about 125 miles northeast of Memphis.

TBI spokeswoman Kristin Helm said dogs from the neighborhood found Bobo's purse on Wednesday and took it to a nearby home. That discovery spurred law enforcement officials to bring in search dogs to work an area roughly a mile from Bobo's home.

"We are trying to find where the dogs found the purse," Helm said in an email.

Bobo was wearing a pink shirt and carrying a pink purse when she disappeared.

Her mother, Karen Bobo, issued a statement Thursday, saying, "The family is so thankful that TBI is working the case. I understand a purse has been found. Our family has cooperated with TBI and begged TBI to show us the purse but we haven't actually seen it."

The family has always expressed belief that Bobo is alive and her mother said they still think that.

"Today we are at home with our minister praying," the statement said.

When Bobo disappeared, authorities and volunteers conducted massive searches of the hilly, heavily wooded land around the home on foot, horseback and all-terrain vehicles. The searches found Bobo's lunchbox in the days after she disappeared but little else.

Helm said the area of the latest search had been searched by volunteers previously.

The Decatur County sheriff's department didn't immediately respond to a phone message seeking comment. The Tennessee Highway Patrol referred questions to the TBI.

No arrests were ever made in the case. Officials said they didn't consider any of Bobo's relatives or her boyfriend to be involved in her disappearance.

Karen Bobo also thanked the community, which on Saturday held a barbecue and run to mark the second anniversary of the disappearance.

Richard Sopczak, the father of Bobo's best friend, Brittany Brown, said the disappearance has taken its toll on the small town where they live. Many people believe someone local knows something about Bobo's disappearance or may have been involved.

"You hear so many rumors and accusations," he said in a phone interview.

He also has been concerned for his own daughter's safety because no one has been arrested.

Brown was in nursing school with Bobo and will be graduating next month.

"My daughter says a prayer for her every day, on Facebook, she posts a prayer," Sopczak said.

A few days ago, Sopczak's younger daughter found a YouTube video that Brown and Bobo had posted.

"Holly and Brittany were singing 'Party in the U.S.A.' by Miley Cyrus, and they had videotaped it," he said. "I think they were freshmen in college. It just brings tears to your eyes."

A reward of $185,000 has been offered in the case. The TBI asks anyone with information to call 1-800-TBI-FIND.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Parsons Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Robyn Duck 1 hr oldfrind 3
Beech Bend Park (Jan '12) 17 hr Sayn0 57
Clint bobo guilty (May '14) 19 hr Dont Drink The Ko... 8
Renee tomlin Wed Renee Tomlin 4
Zach Adams trial (Sep '17) Apr 20 Buttly McDooDoo 214
Tenn. Health Mgt. (Oct '14) Apr 20 Buffalo Bill 80
Fight in Bank Parking Lot Apr 19 Grammar Police 6

Parsons Jobs

Personal Finance

Parsons Mortgages