Authorities: 20 Year old Holly Bobo A...

Authorities: 20 Year old Holly Bobo Abducted in Decatur County

There are 267336 comments on the MidSouthNewz story from Apr 13, 2011, titled Authorities: 20 Year old Holly Bobo Abducted in Decatur County. In it, MidSouthNewz reports that:

Authorities in Decatur and Henderson County as well as the Tennessee Highway Patrol and Tennessee Bureau of Investigation are searching for 20 year old Holly Bobo.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at MidSouthNewz.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#112788 Jan 3, 2013
mytakeonit ontario wrote:
<quoted text>
That's right - actually I'm in Cuba and a Russian spy. Sheesh what does that matter? Although I am where it says I am I don't see you asking any poster whose location is hidden where they are?
Russian spy eh? Interesting.

Since: Jan 13

Bradley, IL

#112789 Jan 3, 2013
<quoted text>
That's crock - do you think Dana would still have him at home if that's what happened? They would know by his actions and the way he acted. Get real.
Let's think along the line that big brother was involved (I know, this is painful for some of you). I have thought over other possibilities, and I still do - but no matter how one tries to expand theories, suspicion still boomerangs back to him. Why would Dana and Karen keep him at their home if they might be suspicious of him? Well, let's think this through.

First of all, from what I have read between the lines concerning him, he was not an ideal son. This kid is strange - that in itself doesn't make him guilty of course, but he was not a shining example for the young people of the community. Even among those who are, one never knows the inside of people's hearts.

Whether or not Karen threw him out recently because of his involvement with underage girls, he slithered back in, taking up space in the bedroom he grew up in.(Karen - "He wasn't supposed to be there"). Many parents have difficulty in practicing "Tough Love", even towards their adult children. With the trauma of losing Holly (and they now probably strongly feel she is deceased), Clint is their only surviving child. They may both be in denial about his possible involvement, and they can't prove anything yet anyway. Why would they go to authorities and tell them of their worries about their son if there isn't enough facts to have him arrested? They don't strike me as having the strength to do this anyway - at least not yet.

They might even be somewhat afraid of him. What if they throw him out of the house? If he is capable of violence one time, he could retaliate and come back to murder them...ever heard of adult children killing their parents? I have.

You can bet the rent CB is on his best behavior. He has a roof over his head, whether he is paying them something for rent or not. Free meals, a place to come and go, and he can play video games on his computer without being harassed.

And pride cometh before a fall.... the Bobo's are laying low as they know the townspeople are still all eyes on every move they make. Even if they would throw sonny boy out due to arguments in that household (wouldn't it be interesting to know the family dynamics in that house on Swan Johnson Rd.?) they know if they would do such that it would cause rumors to fly against CB even more than they are now...if that is possible. The way I see it, Dana and Karen are in a living Hell and are trapped in their own lives.

Since: Jul 08

Lexington, Va.

#112790 Jan 3, 2013
welfarestate wrote:
<quoted text>
Any physical evidence recovered in the searches was planted I agree that far with them.....
Welfarestate, It seems most all of use agree on this one fact 'items were planted'.

Seems a good course of conversation to analize reasons WHY/behind, the planting of H.'s items.. in such an obvious,'hap-hazard manor...

Since: Nov 11

Toronto, Canada

#112791 Jan 3, 2013
They are in a living hell - that I will agree on. You're probably very close on some of the rest but not knowing them it's tough to speculate. I know I wouldn't want it to happen to me. I pray for them every night and want resolution for their sake as I am sure everyone does.

Since: Jan 13

Bradley, IL

#112792 Jan 3, 2013
They are in a living hell - that I will agree on. You're probably very close on some of the rest but not knowing them it's tough to speculate. I know I wouldn't want it to happen to me. I pray for them every night and want resolution for their sake as I am sure everyone does.
I agree. At this time there is one thing I feel sure of, is that Holly's parents are innocent in all of this. They need all of our prayers.
Its believable

Tullahoma, TN

#112793 Jan 3, 2013
To: Ponderings - Really? Obviously after how many months now, you’re not a long ranger, or maybe it is long ranged for you.

While some play the game that is being played here, it would be nice if all would offer consideration to a devastated family. LE knows more about this family by now than any one of us could possibly imagine. LE understands, with verifications about the likes, dislikes, activities, job/school performances, lifestyles, indebtedness concerning any paid off/outstanding loans, IRS, their credit standings, any medical assistance recently received by any family member, the brand of tooth paste, toilet paper and garbage bags they used daily, including samples of products in the home documented and taken even if they weren’t required at the time, you name it and LE knows about it through verification concerning each family member. After all, LE did take procession of the home for approximately two weeks, secured under guard, that caused the family to move elsewhere for an extended period of time. Yes, the family was looked at instantly at the same time others were being investigated. Does that make the family a poi? Not for a second, they were living in the middle of a crime site. That only states that LE was doing their job in today’s world that we live in without leaving a mark against any family member. One thing that no person ever saw in this case was a hint that LE was willing to release any form of suspicious innuendos against any family member at any press conference held. Yes, they did answer questions regarding if any poi had being discounted and the final answer, while splitting hairs, was no poi had been discounted. What was never asked at any press conferences was, has there ever been a Bobo family member in the position to be discounted by LE. If any LE anywhere ever gets a hint that a direct family member is suspicious, it will always get released through innuendos to the press for all to hear first-hand for the purpose of drawing in the public for additional info that they might not obtain otherwise. LE is more or less guaranteed the public and press will always be there for their use as a standby insurance policy that may or may not pay off.

Since: Apr 11

Nunya Business

#112794 Jan 3, 2013
Hunt for killer still on
BY IAN STEWARD
Last updated 05:00 13/04/2010
New information on the Kirsty Bentley murder has been released in an effort to keep the inquiry open.
The 15-year-old's killer has never been found.
Among the suspects were Kirsty's brother, John, and father, Sid.
Kirsty’s father and brother have been considered in the pool of suspects in her murder. Her brother John was the only person home when Kirsty took her dog for a walk, the last time she was seen alive.Sid Bentley was again unable to recall what he did on the afternoon of Kirsty’s disappearance.
Both had denied any involvement with her disappearance.She was seen heading towards the Ashburton riverbank just a few minutes away. A few hours later Kirsty's mother Jill Peachy arrived home and alarms bells began to ring when she realized Kirsty had failed to return.
"From that very first night I just knew she was dead, don't ask me how I knew, it was just something here had gone quiet," Jill says. Now, nearly 11 years later police have revealed information. Burton took the Bentley case apart and says the lack of forensic evidence is significant and he is struck by the fact it was made to look like a sexual crime when in fact it was not. He says it looks to him as if the scene where Kirsty's dog and underwear was found was staged."You've got a dichotomy between what took place at the attack, this one massive blow which tends to be a younger offender, tends to be someone a bit younger, and then you've got this maturity in how the dog's been left, the pants have been left on the branch in full view, how the body has been transported," he says.
This in his view suggests someone else may have been involved.He says this analysis could point to what police have previously suggested, that Kirsty's dad and brother were involved.Sid still lives at the family home in Ashburton by himself battling alcoholism and failing health.
John now lives in England and studying to be an astronomer.
This story came to my attention while traveling in NZ recently. Three things stood out as similar to Bobos. One POI not having a solid recollection of the event, possible staged evidence, and the likelihood of collusion by family members. The differences are glaring to be certain. Holly physically is still missing from her family, and Kirsty's family did not organize a fundraiser with their country-singing cousin.

Since: Apr 11

Nunya Business

#112795 Jan 3, 2013
Letsthink wrote:
<quoted text>
Welfarestate, It seems most all of use agree on this one fact 'items were planted'.
Seems a good course of conversation to analize reasons WHY/behind, the planting of H.'s items.. in such an obvious,'hap-hazard manor...
It was to encourage LE' attention in a direction that would buy the murderer(s) some time. Who identified the lunch as Holly's? A POI.

Since: Jul 08

Lexington, Va.

#112796 Jan 3, 2013
welfarestate wrote:
<quoted text>
It was to encourage LE' attention in a direction that would buy the murderer(s) some time.
Who identified the lunch as Holly's? A POI.
Welfarestate, You said the word 'murderer'. Good point!

A possible murderer/person that wanted it to seem like an abduction?
A person that had access to H's lunch box, cell phone, camera, books, car keys and possibly had help in wiping off fingerprints on items, throwing them near school and other locations, in order to make H.'s disappearance look like a kidnapping when it was 'something else'...IMO

Since: Nov 11

Toronto, Canada

#112797 Jan 3, 2013
http://www.newschannel5.com/story/20494737/st...
I wonder who this is going to turn out to be.

Zup

Since: Dec 12

Salem, OR

#112798 Jan 3, 2013
Lies Within wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, to open your fricken eyes because you so called locals want to shut your mouths and turn your heads like sheeple when it comes to the fact the this is happening under your very noses and you are clueless! Can't see the forest for the trees!Why don't you stand up and demand some action in stead of coming here and telling us what we don't know? No Guts - No Glory!
LW you should hold your "sources" to the same standard. Tell them they have 72 hours to speak up and reveal what they know.

Tell those bastards to open their fricken eyes and see the forest !
This secret keeping is helping nobody !

Notify them that if they do not comply with your demand that you will make the "secret info" public yourself at the end of the 72 hour deadline.

No Guts - No Glory!...and no more double standards.

Make it happen LW...Demand the action.
Isabella

Bradley, IL

#112799 Jan 3, 2013
http://www.newschannel5.com/st ory/20494737/state-survey-crew -finds-bones-in-carter-county
I wonder who this is going to turn out to be.
Sounds like a male, since the description "wallet" was used.
Its believable

Tullahoma, TN

#112800 Jan 3, 2013
Zup wrote:
<quoted text>
LW you should hold your "sources" to the same standard. Tell them they have 72 hours to speak up and reveal what they know.
Notify them that if they do not comply with your demand that you will make the "secret info" public yourself at the end of the 72 hour deadline.
Come on, be fair with LW. Without her "source" (topix, topix's pm/s and secretly facebooking), she wouldn't have a life. Besides, the "B-----" is actually in TN herself, haven't you noticed. She claims to have cried a river full over Holly since day one if you believe that one. I think it is reasonable to expect someone with such deep feeling to step up face to face with TBI and hold her own State LE responsible, to hell with letting her source go. She will be needing her source immediately when TBI gets through with her craziness,lol.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#112801 Jan 3, 2013
Letsthink wrote:
<quoted text>:
Zup, Yes, it is 'outside the box'. After close to 2 yrs. of hearing little to nothing about a missing girl, I'm still searching for aleast One reasonable, common sense explanation in this case. NO I haven't found one.
The actions of family and LE leave me with way too many questions:
1. was it an intervention of somekind?
2. was it an arguement that led to murder?
3. did she leave with someone family didn't approve of?
4. was she accidently killed?
5. Is she in a witness protection program?
6. was she kidnapped/that morning?
7. did she disappear 'before' 4:30 am that morning?
8. Why did she disappear on 4/13, her favorite Bible verse?
9. What did she tell to her girlfriend to cause her to cry at 8:05 that same morning?
10. Why has LE basically stopped searching and still allowed private searches to continue, for what?
11. Why were 'things not what they seemed'?
12. Why did C. assume/know H. would not be found anytime soon?
13. Why did C. speak as if he was Not in the house when he saw 'thought it was Holly"?
14. What was K. told or knew that caused her to 'panic' that morning at school?
15. Why all the hush, hush, secrets, nothing said for 3 months?
16. Why was Gov. called in the middle of the night inorder to get an immediate large reward in this particular case?
I can go on and on with many unanswered questions.
WHY, is why I'm still checking in from time to time, with assorted/far-out theories..although I feel the simplest theory is the closest to answering these questions ..all jmo..
Good thoughts! I know that the simple-minded just like to blame the brother because that is easy and takes no thought! One is then left with having to explain away all the other evidence that points away from the brother.

I've said from the beginning of my postings that I do not have a dog in this race. I don't know the family, and I'm not trying to either defend them or indict them! But I do think that it is common decency to at least give them the presumption of innocence, especially when LE has never made one statement that implied the guilt of any family member.

I'm about tired of "posters" around here who get it in for certain people and just disrespect their posts--no matter what they say. It has no basis in fact; it's purely personal. Everyone has the right to propose theories, and at this juncture, no one seems to have the upper hand when it comes to being right. Not one "prediction" by those "in the know" has come true, that I am aware of! We were supposed to have arrests long ago! Where are they?

Those of you that just have it in for me personally have offered no viable theories of your own, backed by research and/or evidence! You have the same resources available to you that the rest of us do, but you choose to spend your time here bashing personalities instead of discussing ideas.

For those who bash the PC theory, I would say to you that LE has not acted in "normal" ways from the beginning! Who lets a mass mob of people contaminate a crime scene and sends civilians in to do the work of LE?

There is nothing normal about this case. If you adopt one theory, you have multiple pieces of evidence on the other side that don't fit. That's why no one can claim to have the case solved, and that is why ideas continue to be discussed. I know that some do have knowledge that has helped them develop their own theory. Instead of bashing one another for theories, our time could be much better spent using a persuasive tone instead of an accusatory one. No one can stop the derailing trolls from being here, and they are easy to spot because they add nothing of value to the conversation. But I encourage those who have ideas to not be afraid to discuss them, no matter how implausible they may seem. As I said, until someone shows up here who can make good on promises of closure, my mind is open to the possibilities.

JMO

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#112802 Jan 3, 2013
Zup wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know who you are but with a post count of 6 I don't believe you are Zup! More than likely another DC meth head playing games at the expense of others! These people are really sick and make the community look bad as if they don't already! Shove it you little puke!

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#112803 Jan 3, 2013
Its believable wrote:
<quoted text>
Come on, be fair with LW. Without her "source" (topix, topix's pm/s and secretly facebooking), she wouldn't have a life. Besides, the "B-----" is actually in TN herself, haven't you noticed. She claims to have cried a river full over Holly since day one if you believe that one. I think it is reasonable to expect someone with such deep feeling to step up face to face with TBI and hold her own State LE responsible, to hell with letting her source go. She will be needing her source immediately when TBI gets through with her craziness,lol.
Worthless! Your posts sound like you have Irritable bowl syndrome and Diarrhea logic. Been suckin shit again?...mlm
Its believable

Tullahoma, TN

#112804 Jan 3, 2013
NancyDrewToo wrote:
<quoted text>
(EDITED)I'm about tired of "posters" around here who get it in for certain people and just disrespect their posts--no matter what they say. It has no basis in fact; it's purely personal. Everyone has the right to propose theories, and at this juncture, no one seems to have the upper hand when it comes to being right. Not one "prediction" by those "in the know" has come true, that I am aware of! We were supposed to have arrests long ago! Where are they?
Those of you that just have it in for me personally have offered no viable theories of your own, backed by research and/or evidence! You have the same resources available to you that the rest of us do, but you choose to spend your time here bashing personalities instead of discussing ideas.
For those who bash the PC theory, I would say to you that LE has not acted in "normal" ways from the beginning! Who lets a mass mob of people contaminate a crime scene and sends civilians in to do the work of LE?
There is nothing normal about this case. If you adopt one theory, you have multiple pieces of evidence on the other side that don't fit. That's why no one can claim to have the case solved, and that is why ideas continue to be discussed. I know that some do have knowledge that has helped them develop their own theory. Instead of bashing one another for theories, our time could be much better spent using a persuasive tone instead of an accusatory one. No one can stop the derailing trolls from being here, and they are easy to spot because they add nothing of value to the conversation. But I encourage those who have ideas to not be afraid to discuss them, no matter how implausible they may seem. As I said, until someone shows up here who can make good on promises of closure, my mind is open to the possibilities.
JMO
For sure you are taking your rights to express your opinions. I don’t see anyone trying to stop you either. That being said, who do you know that honestly claimed to be "in the know" and what about any predictions that your are going off about. I am local and I never heard nor have see the first person claiming to be in the know. Knowing this family or part of them is not the same as someone claiming they know what took place with the crime. Yes, many people in the area know this family, or members of this family. There stands a chance of persons having ties with two grown children, the father that ran his own business in the community, the mom that teaches many families children year after year, while they are all members of what is considered a rather large church in this area. When some of us see remarks we don’t like we will respond to them whether you like it or not. Where have you been all this time but seeming you are just now picking up on certain things that has been taking places from day one. Who told you this thread was set up to discuss in theory one subject concerning Holly’s life, that being the abduction and nothing but. By the way, where have you been all this time. You come to this thread, claiming to not know much of nothing, trying to read backwards on this thread to educate yourself, on what I’m not sure but I can guess. Yea, sure you were, then you formed some rapid friendships overnight. You go babe! Now back to any poster or posters that may reject your style of expressing your opinions. I for one will always object if that is the opinions I come to with any one of your or anyone else’s post. May I suggest,“if the kitchen is getting too hot for you, get the hell out”. Otherwise why not stop your whining. It’s just too babyish and unbecoming of a person your age. Or maybe it is your age that is the issue here?

Zup

Since: Dec 12

Salem, OR

#112805 Jan 3, 2013
Lies Within wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know who you are but with a post count of 6 I don't believe you are Zup! More than likely another DC meth head playing games at the expense of others! These people are really sick and make the community look bad as if they don't already! Shove it you little puke!
New Year, new name. I will explain why later.

Proof ? Here you are...

You sent me a PM {under my old name} on 12-17. First word of the post you sent was Why, last word of the post was me.

Now can you get your "sources" to go public ?

Zup aka...

Imbecile
Simple minded
Puke
Butt Wipe
Its believable

Tullahoma, TN

#112806 Jan 3, 2013
Lies Within wrote:
<quoted text>
Worthless! Your posts sound like you have Irritable bowl syndrome and Diarrhea logic. Been suckin shit again?...mlm
Nasty you are. Just pointing out your own form of double talking since you claim to have been crying a river full over Holly. TBI is as much your LE as they are mind. You go get'em!
Its believable

Tullahoma, TN

#112807 Jan 3, 2013
Zup wrote:
<quoted text>
New Year, new name. I will explain why later.
Proof ? Here you are...
You sent me a PM {under my old name} on 12-17. First word of the post you sent was Why, last word of the post was me.
Now can you get your "sources" to go public ?
Zup aka...
Imbecile
Simple minded
Puke
Butt Wipe
..........way to go. She asked and obviously she received. You're sure convincing to me and I was never involved in any PM.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Parsons Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Little David Wilkins, Country Singer 2 hr George S 1
Dylan Adams 2 hr Could not care 3
News Taylor Parsons of Mountain City is Miss Tenness... (Oct '08) 17 hr just DO IT 9
Sidebar (Jan '17) Nov 17 DooDoo Fartlebach 512
april conder (Feb '13) Nov 17 Stink purple 8
Tinker construction (Jul '12) Nov 16 Newbie 2 51
Josey Patterson Nov 15 Kissing cousins 8

Parsons Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Parsons Mortgages