Authorities: 20 Year old Holly Bobo A...

Authorities: 20 Year old Holly Bobo Abducted in Decatur County

There are 269726 comments on the MidSouthNewz story from Apr 13, 2011, titled Authorities: 20 Year old Holly Bobo Abducted in Decatur County. In it, MidSouthNewz reports that:

Authorities in Decatur and Henderson County as well as the Tennessee Highway Patrol and Tennessee Bureau of Investigation are searching for 20 year old Holly Bobo.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at MidSouthNewz.

Since: Apr 11

Coolville

#112768 Jan 3, 2013
Its believable wrote:
<quoted text>
And how did you come to all that conclusion? Never mind, don't really won't to know, garbage already sent over the cliff.
This is excellent.

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#112769 Jan 3, 2013
Zup wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Grief, the voice of reason. How the hell did that get in here ?
Gee, I don't know but if IIWII was around I'm sure he'd have some bullshet to say about it!
Its believable

Tullahoma, TN

#112770 Jan 3, 2013
Ponderings wrote:
<quoted text>
(EDITED)It's OK for everyone to have different ideas, but there seems to be an over concentration of crazy thoughts on here.......... Too many messages on this forum reads like a very poorly written mystery novel, for Heaven's Sake!! LOL!
It does appear you are one that didn't get the memo. Why do you think Nancy Drew was brought into this game?
Beachgirl17

Pisgah, IA

#112771 Jan 3, 2013
Its believable wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, don't smoke nor heard or seen of Eileen for a long time.
I have followed the Alaska case since Samantha was abducted and there was a lot of slander regarding this young woman and her father and accusations that her father was spending the reward money and the FBI wasn't looking for the woman because the FBI didn't give out information to the public. Turns out that Mr. Keyes contacted Samantha's father and led him to believe if he deposited money into the bank account that he stole Samantha's debt card he would release Samantha. Unknown to Samantha's family and LE he killed her within hours of abducting her. The information only came out recently after Mr. Keyes killed himself in jail. Samantha was thrown away like trash into a lake after he dismembered her and he admitted he was a serial killer and killed a married couple in Vermont and he looked for victims in campgrounds and isolated areas. I would like to believe that Samantha's killer is forever in the hottest part of Hell.

Location hidden

#112772 Jan 3, 2013
I personally think some things, with time, have become distorted or somewhat confused. The PC theory is not impossible. In fact it was mentioned by several people in the community at the same time. However, it was not at the onset of Hollyís abduction but days later. The entire basis of the PC theory was formed around the reports of events witnessed and reported on the 18th by several people and then the sudden hush that fell upon the community immediately following those reports. Considering it has not been disproven it should carry just as much weight as any other theory out there. I mean after all they are just theories and there is a basis for this theory!
Its believable

Tullahoma, TN

#112773 Jan 3, 2013
Lies Within wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee, I don't know but if IIWII was around I'm sure he'd have some bullshet to say about it!
I see you keep pointing the finger at many posters, appearing to exposing one more poster to your liking as if you are disclosing something big and bad. Why do you care who the poster is at the immediate time or if there is any association with another poster? It just seems strange to me since we all operate under fictitious names, and its topix at that. Further, I see your reactions to the icon throwers when you receive bad responses. Should we assume you get your rewards of fulfillment in silence when you get the good ones, likewise? Are you really that paranoid and simple at the same time while posting daily on topix. Oh, I only asked because you labeled me as being several that was posting that one day not very long ago while you also called me NAB. But when it came to NAB, I rolled because of your lack of info about our connections within this community. Sorry, didnít mean to get you started about NAB, just trying to point out your paranoid reactions must be driving you nuts.
Its believable

Tullahoma, TN

#112774 Jan 3, 2013
Beachgirl17 wrote:
<quoted text> I have followed the Alaska case since Samantha was abducted and there was a lot of slander regarding this young woman and her father and accusations that her father was spending the reward money and the FBI wasn't looking for the woman because the FBI didn't give out information to the public. Turns out that Mr. Keyes contacted Samantha's father and led him to believe if he deposited money into the bank account that he stole Samantha's debt card he would release Samantha. Unknown to Samantha's family and LE he killed her within hours of abducting her. The information only came out recently after Mr. Keyes killed himself in jail. Samantha was thrown away like trash into a lake after he dismembered her and he admitted he was a serial killer and killed a married couple in Vermont and he looked for victims in campgrounds and isolated areas. I would like to believe that Samantha's killer is forever in the hottest part of Hell.
I have always believed in using my God given common sense, sometimes it appears to help when nothing else will. I donít play games with events that I have no control over in my own life. To me that is like playing house with the devil himself. And I suppose there will always be the ugly and evil that causes even more hardship on devastated families like Samanthaís. I have certainly seen it occur with the Bobo family in little DC, TN. I see it daily right here on topix. I did follow the news on Samantha but missed where her killer had committed suicide in jail. Thanks for letting us know. At least, tax payers will not have to take care of him any longer, that part it good.
Beachgirl17

Pisgah, IA

#112775 Jan 3, 2013
I believe the FBI keeps information close to their vest and doesn't keep doing press conferences to keep the public informed. I believe they know who took Holly and the reason from the beginning. It would not surprise me if the FBI was keeping track of possible POI to see if they came out to search for Holly when there was active searches. Who knows, the person who abducted Holly could have been planting some of her belongings while he was out searching with the general public. If the FBI didn't know who was involved or the reason Holly was abducted there would have been alerts directed at women in the area regarding their safety. I believe Holly's family have been updated on Holly's case but aren't allowed to discuss it.

Since: Jul 08

Lexington, Va.

#112776 Jan 3, 2013
Zup wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying LE may be behind this ? Will not let her return ? Planted evidence ? Why ?
Seems a bit outside SOP.
Where would she be held for a year and a half ?
:

Zup, Yes, it is 'outside the box'. After close to 2 yrs. of hearing little to nothing about a missing girl, I'm still searching for aleast One reasonable, common sense explanation in this case. NO I haven't found one.
The actions of family and LE leave me with way too many questions:
1. was it an intervention of somekind?
2. was it an arguement that led to murder?
3. did she leave with someone family didn't approve of?
4. was she accidently killed?
5. Is she in a witness protection program?
6. was she kidnapped/that morning?
7. did she disappear 'before' 4:30 am that morning?
8. Why did she disappear on 4/13, her favorite Bible verse?
9. What did she tell to her girlfriend to cause her to cry at 8:05 that same morning?
10. Why has LE basically stopped searching and still allowed private searches to continue, for what?
11. Why were 'things not what they seemed'?
12. Why did C. assume/know H. would not be found anytime soon?
13. Why did C. speak as if he was Not in the house when he saw 'thought it was Holly"?
14. What was K. told or knew that caused her to 'panic' that morning at school?
15. Why all the hush, hush, secrets, nothing said for 3 months?
16. Why was Gov. called in the middle of the night inorder to get an immediate large reward in this particular case?

I can go on and on with many unanswered questions.
WHY, is why I'm still checking in from time to time, with assorted/far-out theories..although I feel the simplest theory is the closest to answering these questions ..all jmo..

Coolville

#112777 Jan 3, 2013
Beachgirl17 wrote:
I believe the FBI keeps information close to their vest and doesn't keep doing press conferences to keep the public informed. I believe they know who took Holly and the reason from the beginning. It would not surprise me if the FBI was keeping track of possible POI to see if they came out to search for Holly when there was active searches. Who knows, the person who abducted Holly could have been planting some of her belongings while he was out searching with the general public. If the FBI didn't know who was involved or the reason Holly was abducted there would have been alerts directed at women in the area regarding their safety. I believe Holly's family have been updated on Holly's case but aren't allowed to discuss it.
Nobody has been eliminated as a POI, including her family; LE doesn't share everything they know with them. If anyone has been officially cleared from the POI list, and it has escaped my research, kindly direct me to the link that reported it.

Since: Jul 08

Lexington, Va.

#112778 Jan 3, 2013
Fed_the_F_up wrote:
<quoted text>
She was not taken by a "protector."
She was violently abducted and things were done to force her to comply with her abductor(s).

I think its ridiculous to say Holly was abducted to protect her.

That makes no sense whatsoever and the LE Agency that provides protection to individuals does not operate by like that...
Fed the F up, From reading your remarks on this case, I suspect you are in LE, a PI, writing a book or kin to Family.

You come across as knowing much more about this case than most of us.
IF this is correct, could you atleast tell us WHY Holly was abducted?...jmo
Its believable

Tullahoma, TN

#112779 Jan 3, 2013
Letsthink wrote:
<quoted text>:
Zup, Yes, it is 'outside the box'. After close to 2 yrs. of hearing little to nothing about a missing girl, I'm still searching for aleast One reasonable, common sense explanation in this case. NO I haven't found one.
(EDITED)
WHY, is why I'm still checking in from time to time, with assorted/far-out theories..although I feel the simplest theory is the closest to answering these questions ..all jmo..
With all your apparent thinking regarding "why", ever considered we may never know. Its not the first crime where the public has been limited to info., maybe there is no info to give to the public, or even the family. Again, not the first time. Let me tell you what I personally experienced and I can only accept it was God's intervention but left with "why" me. My husband and I lived out of town from my father-in-law and had not seen him for approximately three months at the time. He was not on my mind. It was a Friday evening approximately 8 pm, the baby was in bed and I was just getting ready to sit down and enjoy the rest of the evening when the phone rang. With the first ring I knew it was someone with bad news regarding my father-in-law, he had died suddenly and unexpectedly. I still do not know how I knew it was bad new regarding my father-in-law that I wasn't thinking about prior to answering my phone. I still get cold chills just thinking about my experience. I have never experience anything close to this since, about twelve years ago now.

Coolville

#112780 Jan 3, 2013
Zup wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying LE may be behind this ? Will not let her return ? Planted evidence ? Why ?
Seems a bit outside SOP.
Where would she be held for a year and a half ?
Any physical evidence recovered in the searches was planted I agree that far with them.
Isabella

Bradley, IL

#112781 Jan 3, 2013
Beachgirl17 wrote:
The general assumption among locals (or so it has seemed) is that those in the Bobo family really are not being updated by LE. Why, I don't know... but it probably is either because LE themselves are not sure if the family has been completely honest with them, which has caused them to not be too chummy with them, or, they are as baffled as anyone and they have nothing to share with them.

Holly's belongings that appeared to be planted are interesting, to say the least. But if indeed they were put there by the perp, it was to throw off investigators; more than likely that whatever direction he went with Holly, it was just the opposite from where her things were found. But I do remember that it appeared fingerprints had been wiped clean, I believe from her cell phone? This guy isn't too dumb.... and more than likely, a homicide was involved and thought out beforehand for him to take that extra step, IMO. So far, a perfect crime!

Since: Nov 11

Toronto, Canada

#112782 Jan 3, 2013
welfarestate wrote:
<quoted text>
Clearly he has him in the home so where do we go from there? Do you always have to add that weak little dig at the end? It adds nothing to the value of your post and makes you look silly.
I promise no more "little digs". I didn't realize it made me look thilly.

Toronto, Canada

#112783 Jan 3, 2013
Blue Location wrote:
<quoted text>
Well since your location doesn't show blue, you could be anywhere.
That's right - actually I'm in Cuba and a Russian spy. Sheesh what does that matter? Although I am where it says I am I don't see you asking any poster whose location is hidden where they are?

Toronto, Canada

#112784 Jan 3, 2013
Blue Location are you in the Blue lagoon?
Isabella

Bradley, IL

#112785 Jan 3, 2013
Letsthink wrote:
<quoted text>:
Zup, Yes, it is 'outside the box'. After close to 2 yrs. of hearing little to nothing about a missing girl, I'm still searching for aleast .
2. was it an arguement that led to murder?
3. did she leave with someone family didn't approve of?
4. was she accidently killed?
5. Is she in a witness protection program?
6. was she kidnapped/that morning?
7. did she disappear 'before' 4:30 am that morning?
8. Why did she disappear on 4/13, her favorite Bible verse?
9. What did she tell to her girlfriend to cause her to cry at 8:05 that same morning?
10. Why has LE basically stopped searching and still allowed private searches to continue, for what?
11. Why were 'things not what they seemed'?
12. Why did C. assume/know H. would not be found anytime soon?
13. Why did C. speak as if he was Not in the house when he saw 'thought it was Holly"?
14. What was K. told or knew that caused her to 'panic' that morning at school?
15. Why all the hush, hush, secrets, nothing said for 3 months?
16. Why was Gov. called in the middle of the night inorder to get an immediate large reward in this particular case?
Very good post! As I have said before, it seems to me that many of the above statements you made concerning this crime is what sets it apart from other abductions of young women in Holly's age group. And if her family is completely innocent of whatever happened, they are at an extreme disadvantage. First of all, far too many homicides in this country today are committed by family members. In addition, Holly's family were in close proximity or in the same area she was, when she was abducted.

Many times, when women are abducted, murdered, or disappear never to be found again, one can analyze with probabilities as to how they became victims. Far too many times young adults think they are invulnerable. College kids fall into that category - if they have moved away from home to live in a dorm, they want to spread their wings and show that they are an adult. Even if their parents have taught and warned them of dangers, too many times they don't take heed. They are tempted to join others in underage drinking and inhabit places they have no business being in.

There are perps who stalk college towns (large and small) and are just waiting for an unsuspecting young student to stagger out of a bar or other places that have been serving alcohol. If her friends scatter and go other directions, she can be attacked while walking back to her dorm; worse yet, some actually attempt to walk several blocks back to their destination. Sometimes drinking is not even involved, but young females far too many times put themselves in risky situations without thinking. I am much more cautious than I used to be when I go jogging - and enjoying a stroll in a quiet countryside can be very dangerous, unfortunately.

HOWEVER, none of the above scenarios fits the crime against Holly.She was attending college while living at home. She should have been safe since she was just leaving to go to her class that April sunny morning. She obviously knew her older brother was in the house whether he was sleeping or not. She had studied for her test and was looking forward to getting it over with. WAS she safe? NO! Why? We are given innuendos that her mother was very easy to jump to a conclusion that she was in immediate danger when Clint told her that Hollly's car was still at the house. There are some missing links here that causes this crime to be very, very strange.

As far as that Bible verse, I think it was Karen's, not Holly's. Regardless, I think that was coincidental and nothing else, IMO.

Location hidden

#112786 Jan 3, 2013
Its believable wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you keep pointing the finger at many posters, appearing to exposing one more poster to your liking as if you are disclosing something big and bad. Why do you care who the poster is at the immediate time or if there is any association with another poster? It just seems strange to me since we all operate under fictitious names, and its topix at that. Further, I see your reactions to the icon throwers when you receive bad responses. Should we assume you get your rewards of fulfillment in silence when you get the good ones, likewise? Are you really that paranoid and simple at the same time while posting daily on topix. Oh, I only asked because you labeled me as being several that was posting that one day not very long ago while you also called me NAB. But when it came to NAB, I rolled because of your lack of info about our connections within this community. Sorry, didnít mean to get you started about NAB, just trying to point out your paranoid reactions must be driving you nuts.
Ha HA HA .....mlm
Its believable

Tullahoma, TN

#112787 Jan 3, 2013
Lies Within wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha HA HA .....mlm
I swear I never gave you those icons.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Parsons Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Zach Adams trial (Sep '17) 1 hr Lola Jean 213
Fight in Bank Parking Lot 14 hr Grammar Police 6
adam crosby Apr 17 juswonder 3
Cop in parsons Apr 17 JER29 28
Tenn. Health Mgt. (Oct '14) Apr 17 Gia 79
Scotty Powers (May '16) Apr 16 Potty Scours 12
Robyn Duck Apr 16 oldfrind 1

Parsons Jobs

Personal Finance

Parsons Mortgages