Authorities: 20 Year old Holly Bobo A...

Authorities: 20 Year old Holly Bobo Abducted in Decatur County

There are 249318 comments on the MidSouthNewz story from Apr 13, 2011, titled Authorities: 20 Year old Holly Bobo Abducted in Decatur County. In it, MidSouthNewz reports that:

Authorities in Decatur and Henderson County as well as the Tennessee Highway Patrol and Tennessee Bureau of Investigation are searching for 20 year old Holly Bobo.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at MidSouthNewz.

Since: Nov 11

Toronto, Canada

#112218 Dec 17, 2012
Zup , Isabella and IB attacking a poster for stating their theory is not accomplishing anything. We are supposed to be here for Holly - not to run at someone else just because that person isn't fitting into your scheme of things. In fact maybe we all should take a break for a while. After twenty months we've gained some insight but it hasn't brought dear beautiful Holly back to her family has it. We've gone thru this before with infighting amongst the posters and it is getting quite tiring. Let's remember the kids from Connecticut for a while tonite and reflect on that maybe we can get back to being compassionate human beings again. JMO
Its believable

Savannah, TN

#112219 Dec 17, 2012
mytakeonit ontario wrote:
Zup , Isabella and IB attacking a poster for stating their theory is not accomplishing anything. We are supposed to be here for Holly - not to run at someone else just because that person isn't fitting into your scheme of things. In fact maybe we all should take a break for a while. After twenty months we've gained some insight but it hasn't brought dear beautiful Holly back to her family has it. We've gone thru this before with infighting amongst the posters and it is getting quite tiring. Let's remember the kids from Connecticut for a while tonite and reflect on that maybe we can get back to being compassionate human beings again. JMO
Me think you must have missed some portion of the postings that occurred today. And yes I among many will be thinking about and praying for this entire community that includes all the parents, children, neighbors, friends, relatives, rescue and first responders, medical staff, school staff/entire system, all types of LE officers.

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#112220 Dec 17, 2012
Its believable wrote:
<quoted text>
I never stated you were lying but I did state the word "lying" was your word, not my word.
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Please stop your act of not having the ability to comprehend. I have seen this act by you many times when it becomes useful for you to use your common manipulative, misleading act as your common defense. When push comes to shove, you have ability to “comprehend” what you want to comprehend. But still you continuously choose to get confused and no longer understand common English. Now, let’s get back to my original question to you before your confusion sets in yet again. The question was simply asked of you [to whom are you “YELLING” at now] but you never said. I had my own reasons for asking. Do you care to respond or should we believe you were “YELLING” to the wind?
Good Golly miss Gump, I wasn’t “Yelling” at anyone. I used the phrase; Like yelling at a deaf person, as an analogy of trying to explain anything to you. The comprehension problem is not mine. You were definitely insinuating that I was lying. It’s that passive aggressive bait and switch shit you pull. You’re going to have to get up a little earlier in the morning to get that past me! You take your little box of chocolates and go on now and remember mama says,” Stupid is as Stupid does!”
Citizen with healthcare

Columbia, TN

#112221 Dec 17, 2012
guest wrote:
she fell to her knees after hearing what happened to her daughter in a phone call from Clint...
did you have your coffee yet?
<quoted text>
I wonder what Clint said to Karen that would make her react the way she did after he told her what he saw, and why Holly's best friend was so upset that morning when Holly did not show up for school. I also wonder if Holly or even Karen were being or had been, threatened or stalked before Holly came up missing.
Isabella

Bradley, IL

#112222 Dec 17, 2012
Citizen with healthcare wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder what Clint said to Karen that would make her react the way she did after he told her what he saw, and why Holly's best friend was so upset that morning when Holly did not show up for school. I also wonder if Holly or even Karen were being or had been, threatened or stalked before Holly came up missing.
I am not sure we know just what Clint told his mom. I can understand her being very concerned, stopping everything, and wanting to drive home and contact LE. But her reaction does seem a little extreme. If indeed there was someone in the area who had been trying to lure Holly into dating him that the family did not approve of, we are not privy to that information. We do know that her dad, Dana, expressed his opinion that whoever took her, knew the family and their schedule that day.
Qsuzi

Chapel Hill, TN

#112223 Dec 17, 2012
Lies Within wrote:
I'm going win the Pop-A-Poster Award for most useless posts of the year 2012. Call now to Vote!
I'll vote for ya you ole giddy cow from the big city of Mt Juliet, TN.

Salem, OR

#112224 Dec 17, 2012
mytakeonit ontario wrote:
What we have here is a failure to communicate...

I think you {and the one person who sent me a PM today} missed where I was coming from.

Emotion just gets in the way here to often.

You say we should not "run at someone else just because that person isn't fitting into your scheme of things".
Hell, what about claiming to be privy to info the public does not have access to, and that info just happens to prove said poster right and most everyone else wrong.

Isn't that a "run" ?

Imo there are a few posters here that are too emotionally involved. I remember one poster calling Holly "Our Holly".
That is a bit much.

I do not want to sound cold, but I have always been here mostly for the conversation, not for Holly. This is an interesting case.
The "Be here for Holly" is ok, but what are we going to do besides talk about her ?...Not much is the correct answer.

If there was truly something I could do for her on Topix, I would.
But I can't. Nobody else here can either.

This case can only be discussed here.
It wont be solved here.
Ms. Bobo is never going to be rescued by something posted here.
Nobody here has private info on what did or did not happen.

Like I said I come here mostly for the conversation, theories, disagreements, or whatever.
If one poster has super secret info that supports their own theory, and that same info shoots down conflicting theories, well then lets turn off the lights and shut the doors.

I say leave the lights on and doors open.
Get rid of the emotional crap, and the outrageous claims that go with it.
Just remember theories are just that, you can't make them turn into facts by wishing real hard or making yourself believe things that are not true.

This post was not a "run" at you or picking on you.

I have no problems with us taking "runs" at each other here.
I have always done it and always will.
I have always lived with the replies I get as well.

I say all theories are welcome and are subject to dispute and ridicule.
Same for claims of facts without back up.

Just wanted to get my opinion out there.

If this post pissed anyone off, you are to emotionally involved.
Anonymous

United States

#112225 Dec 17, 2012
Isabella wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember reading on either this or another forum where most followers of this case pretty much vindicated the neighbors (James Barnes and his mother Cathy?) I can't remember now why most came to that conclusion, whether or not they had alibis, I am not certain. But I am open for review on the subject.
Why did he retain a prominate criminal defense lawyer out of Nashville shortly after? His story don't add up and changes. Did he call or go tell his Mom cause he said both. Why his wife told police she didn't hear any screams and was with him but he said he did?

Salem, OR

#112226 Dec 17, 2012
lawyeredup wrote:
<quoted text>
Why did he retain a prominate criminal defense lawyer out of Nashville shortly after? His story don't add up and changes. Did he call or go tell his Mom cause he said both. Why his wife told police she didn't hear any screams and was with him but he said he did?
Dup,

This is a perfect example of my earlier rant. Are there any facts that back up this information that you are privy to ?

Since: Nov 12

Toledo, OH

#112227 Dec 17, 2012
Isabella wrote:
<quoted text>
Good post, and I agree. So being a local, you are indicating that all the theories that have been discussed on here, are also among the gossip going around in Decatur County? That means that no one can come on here, stating they are local, and that the majority doesn't think or does think someone is innocent, that theories are pretty much evenly distributed througout the area? Do you feel there is no particular one that is more dominate over the other? We do appreciate having bloggers coming on this forum. And it is helpful when they give us generalized information concerning places and other facts around Parsons. Do you get the feeling that many (especially those with young daughters) are fearful, or do they think this was a one time crime that probably won't be repeated?
I assume Karen has never gone back to teaching - that is understandable, especially if she is at wits end and had no clue what happened to Holly. None of the family appears to me to be at ease, knowing that she is in some kind of protective custody. Of course we are curious too if Drew has been dating some, or if Clint has a girlfriend, etc. We never hear from Whitney, Holly's cousin, so it really is as if this case has turned cold, at least observed by outsiders. All we can pray for is that all law enforcement agencies involved in this case are hopeful and are waiting for that "one clue" in order to wrap up this horrible crime.
One thing I have NEVER understood.... Why didn't Whitney hold a concert to raise money to help find Holly...!!! and why was the families fundraisers shut down...!!

Toledo, OH

#112228 Dec 17, 2012
There are many great theories out there... and most are propelled by rumomrs because there is little facts....
But... I think Clint hindered the investigation from the start...!!!
and of course, that would make LE wonder why...!!
LE even made a statement that... "They took statements and observed the scene.. and that they trust in the LE who did that..!!"..

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#112229 Dec 17, 2012
Erika-- wrote:
<quoted text>
One thing I have NEVER understood.... Why didn't Whitney hold a concert to raise money to help find Holly...!!! and why was the families fundraisers shut down...!!
I surely don't have the answer to your question, but I remember that some speculated that it could be a crime to raise money for a "missing" person who wasn't really missing.

JMO

Toledo, OH

#112230 Dec 17, 2012
I could be very wrong and would gladly admit to it....
but was this statement released after the Jackson Time Line..?

Toledo, OH

#112231 Dec 17, 2012
NancyDrewToo wrote:
<quoted text>
I surely don't have the answer to your question, but I remember that some speculated that it could be a crime to raise money for a "missing" person who wasn't really missing.
JMO
or a crime to profit of off a crime... depending how LE was looking at it at the time...

Toledo, OH

#112232 Dec 17, 2012
***off topic***
My son came home today....
He is a Sgnt. in the Army at Fort Bragg.
Seved a year in Afghanistan...
This is the first Christmas that we have had together in over 4 years.... He and his Dad left Fort Bragg at 1:00 in the morning and got her around 11:00 a.m. Friends and family came by and we had some drinks... by 10:00 they left... I had steaks ready and grilled them after company left.. with a baked potatoe w/sour cream to boot...
I figured a half an hour after dinner, he would be out...!! I was 5 minutes off...LOL...
God Bless my little hard core soldier...!!
and may he sleep peacefully at home once again...:)

Happy Holidays Everyone..... Hold those you love tight...!!!

Location hidden

#112233 Dec 17, 2012
Erika-- wrote:
***off topic***
My son came home today....
He is a Sgnt. in the Army at Fort Bragg.
Seved a year in Afghanistan...
This is the first Christmas that we have had together in over 4 years.... He and his Dad left Fort Bragg at 1:00 in the morning and got her around 11:00 a.m. Friends and family came by and we had some drinks... by 10:00 they left... I had steaks ready and grilled them after company left.. with a baked potatoe w/sour cream to boot...
I figured a half an hour after dinner, he would be out...!! I was 5 minutes off...LOL...
God Bless my little hard core soldier...!!
and may he sleep peacefully at home once again...:)
Happy Holidays Everyone..... Hold those you love tight...!!!
Aww, what a precious story! Not five minutes ago, I was reflecting on how a week from now, I hope to be sitting with all my children, home together all at one time for the first time in a good while! You are very right! We need to cherish every moment we get to hold them tight!

Location hidden

#112234 Dec 17, 2012
My, my, my! The messes that develop in a few short hours of posting!......

Since a few of us are in heart to heart mode today, I'll chime in with my two cents.

I came here in July, I think it was, and I was like a babe in the woods. The wolves were circling, and I dared to ask the question, "Who is TC?" I had no idea how much these forum members had been through with one apparently deluded and creepy guy and several of his female elves not-so-affectionately referred to here as "The Coven." With my question, I apparently opened up a very smelly can of worms at a time when a lot of rumors were flying on the forum, and there was much discussion mixed in with the usual debate and bickering.

Some of the more aggressive forum members piled on, and my feelings were hurt, because I honestly just wanted to participate in the discussion and sleuth the case like "wutizup" said above. Next thing I knew, I was being accused of being the hated TC or a coven member, and I could not chime in on the case without my identity and motives being questioned. Further, it was hard to keep up with all the lingo and abbreviations used for the various characters's names.

LW was one of two or three posters who was very kind and patient and explained things when I did not understand. Of course I was reading old threads during every free waking moment, but it's a little hard to catch up here-- ever!

Some other posters who don't come here much any more were also helpful and were patient even in shooting down my wild theories that could not possibly be true if you knew the case from the beginning. They were kind and firm and helped me get my sea-legs in this quagmire of rumors.

In the process of doing this, I think every one of us had private conversations from time to time, sharing the little tidbits we felt were maybe not good to talk about publicly; for we all know that rumors can destroy lives, and it's better just not to put it out there unless we are sure that it is true and that it could not potentially hurt innocent people in some way. The trolls on the site from time to time made it hard to have public conversations.

I have been told things in confidence by some here and some in other places, and I have no way of knowing if it's true or not. I have to trust a person's reputation to some extent to value the information. And if they ask me not to say anything about what I know, then I do not have a right to betray that confidence unless it were something that I felt LE did need to know, and then, as a good citizen, I would be obligated to say something.

Some of these communications have changed my theories of the case. I have tippy-toed around some discussions so as not to break confidences. I don't want to seem haughty in any way. It's not like I have any sure knowledge of anything. But learning little things here and there do sway my feelings, and my own theories go back and forth.

What I cannot understand is how anyone here can make claims like "Clint did it" with impunity. I think it's just wrong to accuse someone unless you have enough sound evidence to do so. If there is enough truthful, sound evidence to convict anyone of being responsible for the disappearance of Holly Bobo, I'm sure the powers that be would like to know about it. It's fine to have a theory and to discuss, even passionately at times, how the evidence out there fits with a given theory, but to indict someone because they are an easy target is lazy and wrong.

In the end, nothing would surprise me in this case, and I do mean nothing. There are easily 30 viable suspects from all walks of life that could have had a part in Holly going missing. There are probably people who have a good idea what really happened, but if they are here, I haven't met them yet. However, there are good-hearted people here who really want to see resolution and who have put in countless hours going over the minutiae to see if anything has been missed. Give them the benefit of the doubt.

Toledo, OH

#112235 Dec 17, 2012
To the person who put negative icons about my son...
Maybe you don't mind terrorism in the United States... but I do... and so does my son.. and so does the man who had his leg blown off in my sons troop...!!!
Your a piece of shit to simply push a button at a computer.!!!
But no matter.... I will hold my son proudly...!!!
and I'm going to just look at him peacefully sleeping at home..... because I can... and all he wants is to forget for a minute...!!

Toledo, OH

#112236 Dec 17, 2012
I truely respect your post...
but everyone is entitled to their theory...
some hold strong to it...
and others are more relaxed...
I guess its up to you to decide...
Me, myself.... I think Clint was lying his ass off... and I have to wonder why....!!!

Location hidden

#112237 Dec 18, 2012
Lies Within wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm going win the Pop-A-Poster Award for most useless posts of the year 2012. Call now to Vote!
Qsuzi wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll vote for ya you ole giddy cow from the big city of Mt Juliet, TN.
Qsuzi wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello everyone my name is Suzi rotten crotch, I like to take LW’s posts and rewrite them to say things that LW didn’t say so that she looks bad. Aren’t I so smart and sneaky, sneaky! But don’t worry you can trust everything else I say from here on out.
TMI suzi?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Parsons Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sidebar 6 hr Long time poker 491
Slip her the wood, Matt 9 hr U busted boi 1
Love what matters 10 hr Love what matters 2
Riverside video camera thread? Sat dusty 51
Candace Horn Feb 24 intrio 6
News Possible plea deal discussed in Holly Bobo's sl... Feb 24 Not Going There 23
mary from food giant (Dec '12) Feb 21 Venus 6

Parsons Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Parsons Mortgages