Authorities: 20 Year old Holly Bobo A...

Authorities: 20 Year old Holly Bobo Abducted in Decatur County

There are 269988 comments on the MidSouthNewz story from Apr 13, 2011, titled Authorities: 20 Year old Holly Bobo Abducted in Decatur County. In it, MidSouthNewz reports that:

Authorities in Decatur and Henderson County as well as the Tennessee Highway Patrol and Tennessee Bureau of Investigation are searching for 20 year old Holly Bobo.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at MidSouthNewz.

Since: May 11

Elizabethtown, PA

#10983 May 29, 2011
DanielPA wrote:
<quoted text>
"KevBCav", I read somewhere during the course of this case that, C. had just gotten out of rehab...
has anyone heard IF there was any truth to that rumor?
Hey Daniel, first thanks for that comment. Where the problem lies is that some people, including LE, are well aware of that rumor and whether it is true or not, but as we all know, because of the Privacy Act and medical information laws, they (LE) cannot release anything about that.

However, that does not mean someone on here, from the Parsons area, could not say that Clint was in some MH facility and he is home now - otherwise it will start a few pages here and there as to the speculation.

The other question that begs answering is that was the MH admission voluntary or involuntary?....and was he in a facility under police protection because of him being a Witness who could identify the abductor or because he is considered a POI?

This thread goes in clycles - from the concert, to that morning, to the search effort and what was or was not found, and possibly Holly being airlifted and medical evac personnel being fired for discussing the airlift - to Holly being in Vanderbilt - and the whole subject of phone calls, the cell phone being found....

People here will eventually become disenchanted and some will throw in the towel out of frustration - just because LE will not give a 30 minute briefing (with or without questions) in an effort to clear up the basics.

Like it or not, I believe everyone, locals or others across the country, write the Governor of TN and tell him to make TBI release some basic information to help people stop debating rumors so they can focus on Holly.

The Governor is obviously interested - at least enough to offer an increase in the reward - let him also show how much he cares about Holly's abduction by doing some arm twisting at TBI - after all, TBI works for him, right?....and TBI works for everyone in TN.

How about someone organizing about 100 - 200 people standing in front of TBI with big signs that say - "We demand information on Holly - NOW". That would even get the media out and that is what everyone wants, right?

Location hidden

#10984 May 29, 2011
April wrote:
How do we go about Demanding LE? I live in Middle TN. Should we call them? Send them a letter or what? I just can't believe the LOCALS are not busting down there police headquarters demanding answers! This is CRAZY!
<quoted text>
Make signs and go on strike...I don't know either! Letters to the editor of their local paper...But the thing that makes me stop, is saying they were keeping silent for the safety of Holly. I can't figure that part out either!
MickeyDee

Ooltewah, TN

#10985 May 29, 2011
mamared wrote:
<quoted text>
Mickey dee... As of last week, karen was with her family member, Dana was with his brother. After it happened, they stayed with dana's Sis for a day or two. I understood it is not meant for people to know where they are.
Hmmm.....OK. Sound too detailed to have been made up. Regardless, I am sure there are a multitude of dynamics going on right now in the family. Thanks.
LaHere

Hattiesburg, MS

#10986 May 29, 2011
Just read on FOX that a nursing student in California is missing. It's on the main page.

“Single Moms Rock”

Decatur, AR

#10987 May 29, 2011
local wrote:
<quoted text>What reward posters are you saying,has been taken down? Please explain.
I was contacted yesterday by someone who noticed their local "one-stop" had changed the poster for Holly. Apparently, it had no reward, and was a different picture, my son even noticed she was "reversed" in the picture from what is on the Facebook.
As I went to my local sores (outside parsons) I found almost all pictures were black and white copies with the sheriff department number. And the color ones, had TBI and sheriff numbers , but not ONE REWARD photo.
The person who contacted me asked if we will look at the posters that are hung and look at the number. Please take a picture with your cell or tell me where it is.
I am not asking too many questions, the important thing is holly and this is no problem to do, so I'm passing on the info. It sure looks like investigators could sure need help!
local

United States

#10988 May 29, 2011
angelynne wrote:
<quoted text>
Did it have a reward on it? If it did, would you mind giving me a location. I am not doubting you, but I have been asked for a copy. Also if you see one with a telephone other than TBI or sheriff. Anyone, anywhere.
that's what I'm asking,riding friends around,posters in same place and looked the same,I thought you said they changed?
MickeyDee

Ooltewah, TN

#10989 May 29, 2011
KevBCav wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Daniel, first thanks for that comment. Where the problem lies is that some people, including LE, are well aware of that rumor and whether it is true or not, but as we all know, because of the Privacy Act and medical information laws, they (LE) cannot release anything about that.
However, that does not mean someone on here, from the Parsons area, could not say that Clint was in some MH facility and he is home now - otherwise it will start a few pages here and there as to the speculation.
The other question that begs answering is that was the MH admission voluntary or involuntary?....and was he in a facility under police protection because of him being a Witness who could identify the abductor or because he is considered a POI?
This thread goes in clycles - from the concert, to that morning, to the search effort and what was or was not found, and possibly Holly being airlifted and medical evac personnel being fired for discussing the airlift - to Holly being in Vanderbilt - and the whole subject of phone calls, the cell phone being found....
People here will eventually become disenchanted and some will throw in the towel out of frustration - just because LE will not give a 30 minute briefing (with or without questions) in an effort to clear up the basics.
Like it or not, I believe everyone, locals or others across the country, write the Governor of TN and tell him to make TBI release some basic information to help people stop debating rumors so they can focus on Holly.
The Governor is obviously interested - at least enough to offer an increase in the reward - let him also show how much he cares about Holly's abduction by doing some arm twisting at TBI - after all, TBI works for him, right?....and TBI works for everyone in TN.
How about someone organizing about 100 - 200 people standing in front of TBI with big signs that say - "We demand information on Holly - NOW". That would even get the media out and that is what everyone wants, right?
Locals on here have specified that it is known who the woman was who was airlifted to Vanderbuilt, and she was a searcher. She did not want her name released, and her requests have been taken seriously.

“Single Moms Rock”

Decatur, AR

#10990 May 29, 2011
MickeyDee wrote:
<quoted text>Hmmm.....OK. Sound too detailed to have been made up. Regardless, I am sure there are a multitude of dynamics going on right now in the family. Thanks.
Believe it or not, its hard to believe the truth when it's in your lap in this case. There is another angle in this case Being whispered and I think I am going to have to go on Xanax and high blood pressure meds to sleep. Oh my. If only I was able to write a book. I love my county with all my heart... But like that mischievous child... You never know what it's gonna do next. It is so hard to be detached and look at things through the eyes of strangers.

Location hidden

#10991 May 29, 2011
local wrote:
<quoted text> that's what I'm asking,riding friends around,posters in same place and looked the same,I thought you said they changed?
I have seen a lot of posters that were printed from the *Updates....* page off of FB. I don't think they have changed, I think some of the ones that are just now being put up are not the Amber Alert poster because they don't have access to that flyer...as it is not listed on the Amber Alert website anymore, which is also wierd. What a run-on sentence!! But, that could be one reason why. They posters get dirty and rained on and need replacing, and there is no longer an Amber Alert for her.

“Single Moms Rock”

Decatur, AR

#10992 May 29, 2011
MickeyDee wrote:
<quoted text>Locals on here have specified that it is known who the woman was who was airlifted to Vanderbuilt, and she was a searcher. She did not want her name released, and her requests have been taken seriously.
Unreal huh? I think that is probably the best kept secret in DC history! It is true. When she was airlifted, they shut off the roads for the heli. If did not mean it was a bad wreck, there is just very little room for it to land during operating hours. I have EMS family and this is indeed fact.
Rumor started, from best we can decipher, from the husband of this lady was a law officer from Another county. I doubt if he had ever met holly, just saw pictures and when they unloaded his wife, on the way into Jackson hospital, he saw awoman being brought in that looked like her, to him, and he told his wife and she ran with it. The lady was not heart bad. They send all broken bones or any type of trauma somewhere else. Don't get me started on this hospital. Lol
I'd say the embarrassment of this gossip story... That reached Karen and she was jumping and yelling and rejoicing... Then had to tell her no... Just a rumor, is why her I'd stayed quiet. He protected her.

“Single Moms Rock”

Decatur, AR

#10993 May 29, 2011
aphrodite74 wrote:
<quoted text>I have seen a lot of posters that were printed from the *Updates....* page off of FB. I don't think they have changed, I think some of the ones that are just now being put up are not the Amber Alert poster because they don't have access to that flyer...as it is not listed on the Amber Alert website anymore, which is also wierd. What a run-on sentence!! But, that could be one reason why. They posters get dirty and rained on and need replacing, and there is no longer an Amber Alert for her.
You are probably right. But... All of them had the reward money not long ago. Where did they go? TBI usually will pass out fliers with rewards like this, that is the purpose in them and thR reward. It is to stay in the spotlight in hopes someone breaks for all that money.
To not start even more rumors, I am needing to know if any has a phone number other than TBI or sheriff's . Department.
We don't want someone putting up a phone number that intercepts the leads. Are you with me? If you see one that looks different, stands out or takes the people somewhere other than authorities, I need a pic to forward.

“Single Moms Rock”

Decatur, AR

#10994 May 29, 2011
local wrote:
<quoted text>that's what I'm asking,riding friends around,posters in same place and looked the same,I thought you said they changed?
Please tell me if you see any for sure with the reward. They look just like the others. And what store it is at. Thanks so much

Elizabethtown, PA

#10995 May 29, 2011
aphrodite74 wrote:
<quoted text>[QUOTE who="aphrodite74"] <quoted text>April wrote:
How do we go about Demanding LE? I live in Middle TN. Should we call them? Send them a letter or what? I just can't believe the LOCALS are not busting down there police headquarters demanding answers! This is CRAZY!
<quoted text>

Make signs and go on strike...I don't know either! Letters to the editor of their local paper...But the thing that makes me stop, is saying they were keeping silent for the safety of Holly. I can't figure that part out either!
Hi Aphrodite and Angel; A week or so I researched the Gov of Tennessee and the two Senators - their phone numbers, their emails, and their office addresses. In addition to posting all that info, I strongly suggested people either email, write a real letter, tweet, call, or go to one of their offices.

These people, along with your U. S. Representatives, and State representatives are paid by you to accomplish things you cannot do individually.

Well, all hell broke lose, I was told this was not a political thing. It is true it is not a Democratic or a Republican issue, but believe me, your elected officials listen to their voters.

I did a Yahoo Maps and it appears that Nashville, TN is about 100 miles from Parsons.

I do not think it matters exactly how many people drive to Nashville - the more the better - but to be effective, this needs to be done.

1. Find out if the Governor will be at the capital the day you go.

2. Write him and tell him a bunch of constituents are coming up and want to meet with him and that you all want answers to basic questions about Holly Bobo. That will give him time to do research.

3. If he agrees to meet with all of you fine. Show up in numbers - wearing Holly T-shirts or something that shows you all stand out among everyone else visiting the capital.

4. Carry Signs - saying what you want -

5. If he will not meet with you, call the local ABC, NBC, CBS, Fox, network affiliates in Nashville and let them know you are coming and when.

6. Be vocal. If CBS is the only one who shows up, be sure to critize all the others when being interviewed.

7. Demand answers. If necessary, do something to have the police show up. Don't break any laws or get violent, but keep on walking across the street - back and forth - let all the motorists see your signs.

8. Have leaflets to pass out stating your position.

9. Decorate your car windows like you are going to a H.S. Football game - write Holly's name and that you want answers.

10. Remember if you are just one person - it is hard to get answers and to affect change, but in numbers - 20 - 30 - 100 or more people, the media - television, radio, and your elected officials will get involved.

11. Your U. S. Representative in Congress is Representative Marsha Blackburn (R-TN District 7) and your U. S. Senators are Lamar Alexander and Bob Corker. Write them and tell them you are going to Nashville and when and why.

12. Find out who your state senator is for Parsons. Write him/her and say you are travelling to Nashville and when and why.

13. Someone step up to the plate in Parsons - work on the list above, do a word of mouth campaign, put posters on utility poles and store windows.

14. Pack lunches, agree to meet in a certain location like the National Guard Armory in Parsons at a specific time and promptly leave when scheduled. Give everyone Google directions of how to get to Nashville and where you will meet. I am sure there are parking lots for the state capital.

15. Do what you went there to do and leave on time to go back.

Again, let all the media know you are coming and agree to meet them on the capital steps. Believe me, they will be there with cameras.

16.. Good Luck.

17.. Prayers and best wishes to all

If anyone has the time, please repost the addresses emails and phone # of the Gov and the 2 senators from my earlier post. Thanks.

Holly is your girl - take care of her
Anonymous

United States

#10996 May 29, 2011
KevBCav wrote:
<quoted text>
let's do it. I would drive to tn. Or stand in front bobos home. That would be awesome. Maybe someone will start talking. I just want to know what happen to holly.
local

United States

#10997 May 29, 2011
angelynne wrote:
<quoted text>
Please tell me if you see any for sure with the reward. They look just like the others. And what store it is at. Thanks so much
lol,I will look closer.thanks

“Single Moms Rock”

Decatur, AR

#10998 May 29, 2011
DanielPA wrote:
<quoted text>"KevBCav", I read somewhere during the course of this case that, C. had just gotten out of rehab...

has anyone heard IF there was any truth to that rumor?
I heard this once and I have asked family. This does not seem true. Clint is with Dana and has been with his family most of the entire time.
I have no idea of how to say this, but it needs to said somehow. I do not know true medical details, but apparently Clint has problems that will make it illegal or not accurate to have a poly. We all pretty much figured this. I understand that investigators near the crime feel like he is not a suspect, but there is a " method to the madness". I have heard this phase a lot, but now I'm hearing the methods are being challenged. I do think it's time they cleared with the public who is already been cleared in private. It's time to throw our garbage and start with fresher stuff!

Elizabethtown, PA

#10999 May 29, 2011
cash1234 wrote:
<quoted text> let's do it. I would drive to tn. Or stand in front bobos home. That would be awesome. Maybe someone will start talking. I just want to know what happen to holly.
Cash, that is the attitude. Remember those old dumb commercials where the said "and they told 2 friends and they told 2 friends, and they told 2 friends.....????

That is what it is going to take - 2 + 2+ 2, etc.

Have one person take the lead, but have that person recruit 4 or 5 more people to share the responsibilities - work on a date - you will no be able to please everyone - so go with the date that works best with everyone. A weekday is probably best but that might not work for some.

I have 7 x 24 unlimited phone service and I can be a sounding board to anyone putting together a plan.

I am a member here and anyone can write me for ideas. I do not have all the answers, I just know sometimes there are lots of people who just do not realize the power they have when they organize and pool their resources.

Holly DESERVES nothing less than a significant number of people getting your elected officials on your side. and if they do not want to be on the side of Holly and the good people of Parsons, then elect someone who will be on your side.
Mojo

United States

#11000 May 29, 2011
angelynne wrote:
<quoted text>
Believe it or not, its hard to believe the truth when it's in your lap in this case. There is another angle in this case Being whispered and I think I am going to have to go on Xanax and high blood pressure meds to sleep. Oh my. If only I was able to write a book. I love my county with all my heart... But like that mischievous child... You never know what it's gonna do next. It is so hard to be detached and look at things through the eyes of strangers.
Are you going to let us know what the other "angle in this case being whispered" is?
Are you going to wait until you hear back from locals regarding the reward posters?

What about the Holly Bobo fund? Who started that? Seems strange.

“Single Moms Rock”

Decatur, AR

#11001 May 29, 2011
KevBCav wrote:
<quoted text>Hi angel; riddles drive me up a wall as well. I am confused about the ONE PERSON you mention who is upset in the family. Is Clint the family member who is upset? I hope you do not mind me asking?

The problem with putting out hints like that is it starts people guessing again.

From what Mickey said, the family is living away from their home and Clint might not be with them. If he is not there with mom and dad at relatives house, where could he be? Maybe in treatment somewhere?

I want, in all my heart, for the family to be cleared of everything and I cannot figure out why LE doesnt say so CLEARLY - then we all could shift 100 percent of our energy to that one person or group of people who abducted Holly.

If the family are not POI at all, how would it benefit LE not saying so? There are good guys and bad guys in every crime and if LE says the BOBOs are the good guys and the bad guys appear to be part of the community because of how it all happened, how could that hurt the case?

Hey LE, how about just clearing up the basics - that part of the information you know that would clear up the BOBO's without giving up any information you need for prosecution......
I loved what you wrote and so much agree! I sent a note a few posts back explaining Clints medical condition ( I'm not sure what, heard.a couple of things, but no way would go there're. But then again, if you take Xanax or valliium, I understand you are not supposed to take a poly.,
keV, it Don't take a " physic" to know which would be ready to reach any and everywhere!
By the way. You have my email I think on topix. Like I told the others, keep an eye on those posters. Probably just that many are taking page shots of the Internet and printing, but we are wanting to find out straight up why the reward money is so scarce ! It needs exposure. And a very big issue is to make sure no one is putting up contact numbers that are not TBI or SD.

“Single Moms Rock”

Decatur, AR

#11002 May 29, 2011
Mojo wrote:
<quoted text>Are you going to let us know what the other "angle in this case being whispered" is?
Are you going to wait until you hear back from locals regarding the reward posters?

What about the Holly Bobo fund? Who started that? Seems strange.
I wonder about the find too. Is it the one started at first bank in Parsons? Heard just a little about it. I wonder if they have the reward money or is this the way it works? I know I've had some people concerned, not over funds, but over fake ads of where to contact to do business. I would not give or donate unless you go to bank or family for a bit.
I read a note on a website yesterday they are no longer shipping the find holly t-shirts , but will sell them if you go to the florist in parsons.
I don't have a clue what the change is on The reward Vs funds. I'm not being invasive, everyone needs to know this, maybe soon I can get an explanation I trust enuff to tell.
As far as the others. We have all yelled since day 1 that more people need to belooked at... And the possibilty of maybe something other Than the boys.
We never know when we are a pawn in trying to get everyones focus off someone else, but after looking at all that has happened, I think we are seeing the places where we got turned around while heading to something promising.
In other words.... Holly's kidnapper has probably been close to the searches the entire time. Close to where the clues were put and even where the posters were hung. IMO, But he is either very smart and very close or our investigators have really screwed up. This is only my daily feeling.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Parsons Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bears in the colon? 3 hr Jimbob 1
Police officers in Decatur county ? 12 hr Concerned citizen 1
Election 12 hr Concerned citizen 5
July 4th Thu Tenn 1
Drugs and lots of traffic on Cooley ave Jun 17 Lowdown692004 6
Jason Autry (Apr '14) Jun 17 JER29 2,611
Black dodge flat bed Jun 11 Danielle n todd 2

Parsons Jobs

Personal Finance

Parsons Mortgages