Authorities: 20 Year old Holly Bobo A...

Authorities: 20 Year old Holly Bobo Abducted in Decatur County

There are 247736 comments on the MidSouthNewz story from Apr 13, 2011, titled Authorities: 20 Year old Holly Bobo Abducted in Decatur County. In it, MidSouthNewz reports that:

Authorities in Decatur and Henderson County as well as the Tennessee Highway Patrol and Tennessee Bureau of Investigation are searching for 20 year old Holly Bobo.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at MidSouthNewz.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#106426 Sep 17, 2012
JER29 wrote:
I dont think the Bobos know who took Holly. LE may have a prime suspect but they havent told anyone. I also think the family had some early ideas that may have changed as time goes on. I know 1 rso is still on a possible short list. He still has an unnamed associate.
I believe you are correct. Nothing that I see says that the Bobo's have any idea what happened. I don't believe they are the kind of people who would allow searchers to come in and waste valuable resources and time to search if they knew where Holly was. Now, on the other hand, LE is not audibly calling for public searches. We have no idea if what they are doing is related to the Bobo case or not when we see any movement at all or hear rumors.

I believe you could be correct, too, that their theory changed after the first days. Look at how many "viable" suspects these forums have discussed by name, not to mention the unnamed ones. However, I would expect that they've been personally able to rule out some folks but not others. It must be terrible living among folks and not being able to trust them all.

Since: Jul 11

Central KY

#106427 Sep 17, 2012
Ditcher all I remember is that everything was still there, nothing had been eaten. The lunchbox itself would have been beaten up if tossed out any speed. It was called a lunch purse so I dont know if it would survive being tossed out better than a more rigid container would. Nothing was mentioned about the food being wet either. Kind of sounds placed doesnt it just as the cell phone and card were? The location may be significant as was the place where the phone was found. Someone was said to have spilled there guts when questioned.

Central KY

#106428 Sep 17, 2012
ND2 I think that is life for a lot of locals. When you throw in all the phony stuff that happened and possible legit leads being sent to the wrong people no wonder this appears to be such a confusing mess. LE does have all the info and this still is a very active case but they are asking for help from others that know the missing pieces.
maybe

Kingsland, GA

#106429 Sep 17, 2012
One thing I noticed by looking at the picture in the shared file of the still frame of Karen pointing to where Holly's car was parked ( it was indeed the open shed and not the enclosed garage on the back of the property) was that the blood looks to have been seen on the front lip of the concrete in front of the car. There is a red circle drawn there on the picture. I'm not sure if someone is saying that's exactly where the blood was found or even where the spilled coke was found. But if that was the spot where the altercation took place, I suppose there is a possibility that Clint could have seen that from a kitchen window. I've never figured out how he seemingly saw people in the garage when there doesn't seem to be an attached window or door into the structure. It appears to be metal-walled, set up flush against the house with an entrance through a breezeway off the deck. If there's a local who knows better and wants to confirm or refute this description, it would be appreciated!
my point

Kingsland, GA

#106430 Sep 17, 2012
The negativity and aggression here are overwhelming. Other sites may be more productive. Not to be taken offensively or personally.
check this out

Kingsland, GA

#106431 Sep 17, 2012
You are all slowly brainwashing yourself's, get off topix n breath in some fresh air. You guy's have blammed everyone in the county and have went threw every ff the wall scenerio. At some point its no longer helpful/respectful to go aboutthis case this way. Also note, the one to solve this case will be someone out and about working on it not a keyboard attacker
here

Kingsland, GA

#106432 Sep 17, 2012
I believe it is within the power of the Governor to order the cesation of the use of citizen volunteers at any time and to call in units of the National Guard from around the State if he feels they would be better able to carry forward the search. Or conversely, to order the State Police and TBI to stand down and turn over the investigation to the FBI and Federal Marshalls already here. Perhaps a Federal Judge also has that power.

I can only conclude that the progress in the case, while not shared with the public at large, meets with the approval of the State and Federal officials.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#106433 Sep 17, 2012
Henderson wrote:
<quoted text>
JER29, What IF the Sheriff was the only person telling a straight story?? I for one believed him.
He did hint that "Things aren't what they seem", before someone possibly shut him up/shut him down.
Let's hope we won't be sitting here another 17 months wanting to hear what happened to H..
The silence and guessing games have gone on long enough, it's time someone clears this mystery up...what happened, when it happened and why it happened..IMO
TBI Director Mark Gwyn is the one who made the statement about things arnt always as they appear. He did a interview after the Easter search on open line. I think there is a grain of truth to a little bit of everything but a lot of statements were left open to interpretation and were not clear like one would expect from investigators. I do agree that the the Sheriff let a lot out that wouldn't of got out otherwise. Like the info about a neighbor calling 911 and the blood found.

Location hidden

#106434 Sep 17, 2012
ditcher wrote:
<quoted text>
About the lunchbox found i was wondering if the contents were smashed or messed up that would mean was thrown from a miving vehicle but if the contents were in perfect condition that mean it was placed to misdirect the direction of the search
Not necessarily! My kids used to throw their lunches around, but the padding kept them safe. Guess it would depend on how much the perp handled it and how he handled it from the Bobo's house to where it ended up.
agree

Kingsland, GA

#106435 Sep 17, 2012
Fed_the_F_up wrote:
<quoted text>
TBI Director Mark Gwyn is the one who made the statement about things arnt always as they appear. He did a interview after the Easter search on open line. I think there is a grain of truth to a little bit of everything but a lot of statements were left open to interpretation and were not clear like one would expect from investigators. I do agree that the the Sheriff let a lot out that wouldn't of got out otherwise. Like the info about a neighbor calling 911 and the blood found.
That's my take on it too or they could have been there for a totally different reason. That's the danger with the internet. Some kid just living his life is getting thrown under a bus to some extent.

Location hidden

#106436 Sep 17, 2012
Just a mom JAM wrote:
Why would le even consider involving an innocent 20 year-old
girl in something so dangerous? Why would her parents allow
them to?
Why do you think LE involved her in something and the family is allowing it?
agree

Kingsland, GA

#106437 Sep 17, 2012
NancyDrewToo wrote:
<quoted text>
Not necessarily! My kids used to throw their lunches around, but the padding kept them safe. Guess it would depend on how much the perp handled it and how he handled it from the Bobo's house to where it ended up.
Sorry this is an odd post

Location hidden

#106438 Sep 17, 2012
agree wrote:
<quoted text>
That's my take on it too or they could have been there for a totally different reason. That's the danger with the internet. Some kid just living his life is getting thrown under a bus to some extent.
You lost me with the kid on the Internet being thrown under the bus.
agree

Kingsland, GA

#106439 Sep 17, 2012
Fed_the_F_up wrote:
<quoted text>
In order to be a license social worker you have to already have a degree and take an exam. Are you sure he's a social worker, because you follow that statement up by saying he goes to night school working on a degree.

Location hidden

#106440 Sep 17, 2012
maybe wrote:
One thing I noticed by looking at the picture in the shared file of the still frame of Karen pointing to where Holly's car was parked ( it was indeed the open shed and not the enclosed garage on the back of the property) was that the blood looks to have been seen on the front lip of the concrete in front of the car. There is a red circle drawn there on the picture. I'm not sure if someone is saying that's exactly where the blood was found or even where the spilled coke was found. But if that was the spot where the altercation took place, I suppose there is a possibility that Clint could have seen that from a kitchen window. I've never figured out how he seemingly saw people in the garage when there doesn't seem to be an attached window or door into the structure. It appears to be metal-walled, set up flush against the house with an entrance through a breezeway off the deck. If there's a local who knows better and wants to confirm or refute this description, it would be appreciated!
??? My post from a page back???

Central KY

#106441 Sep 17, 2012
My point return to the other sites and we will continue, not to be taken personally or offensively.

Location hidden

#106442 Sep 17, 2012
here wrote:
I believe it is within the power of the Governor to order the cesation of the use of citizen volunteers at any time and to call in units of the National Guard from around the State if he feels they would be better able to carry forward the search. Or conversely, to order the State Police and TBI to stand down and turn over the investigation to the FBI and Federal Marshalls already here. Perhaps a Federal Judge also has that power.
I can only conclude that the progress in the case, while not shared with the public at large, meets with the approval of the State and Federal officials.
Not sure about the first part but agree with the last part.

Central KY

#106443 Sep 17, 2012
Check this out no one is brain washed, no one has to come here and read. The majority of regulars arent going anywhere and the air is fine.

Location hidden

#106444 Sep 17, 2012
Fed_the_F_up wrote:
<quoted text>
I think she is referring to the conversation we were having about the possibility that Holly could have been an informant, and maybe it was considered a "low-risk" assignment, though nothing like that is without risks. This is way low on my list of theory possibilities, but there are some who seem to think it's possible. I would think if LE sat Holly down and asked her to keep her eyes open in her circle of friends for strange illegal activity going on, her parents might have known about it. Very much a guess, though.

Location hidden

#106445 Sep 17, 2012
JER29 wrote:
My point return to the other sites and we will continue, not to be taken personally or offensively.
Amen and amen!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Parsons Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Coaches Corner owned by Dusty Rhodes (Jun '13) 20 min Blue 84
Sidebar 4 hr Long time poker 84
John and Angie!!!!!! (May '16) Jan 13 sas 14
jacked up red uck Jan 11 Anon 2
Rhinestone chicken Jan 9 Um hum 4
Riverside video camera thread? Jan 8 Urstupid 45
Crazy Ashley Jan 2 Low 1

Parsons Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance