Authorities: 20 Year old Holly Bobo A...

Authorities: 20 Year old Holly Bobo Abducted in Decatur County

There are 267365 comments on the MidSouthNewz story from Apr 13, 2011, titled Authorities: 20 Year old Holly Bobo Abducted in Decatur County. In it, MidSouthNewz reports that:

Authorities in Decatur and Henderson County as well as the Tennessee Highway Patrol and Tennessee Bureau of Investigation are searching for 20 year old Holly Bobo.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at MidSouthNewz.

“Public Safety: "Saving Lives"”

Since: Jul 11

Jasper, GA

#93791 May 9, 2012
Hope 4 Holly wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, the public is a great "right arm of the law" but I feel that in our "neck of the woods" and children involved, it would be best to leave that to LE. See him, yes, call 911. But otherwise, I feel they are making the right call on that. JMO
Hope 4 Holly, I was born & raised in 'your neck of the woods'..Where I live in GA is synonymous to rural TN & MS. The overwhelming majority of the folks are law abiding, patriotic, christian families, that only want to see this tragedy end safely and Justice for the Bain family. I am confident that they would do the right thing and dial 911...

WS

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#93792 May 9, 2012
Hope 4 Holly wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, the public is a great "right arm of the law" but I feel that in our "neck of the woods" and children involved, it would be best to leave that to LE. See him, yes, call 911. But otherwise, I feel they are making the right call on that. JMO
If he is driving around wearing a wig or a hat they will never find him without that vehical discription. He can stop off back roads to relieve himself, If there is another adult with him he can aquire food and gas without being identified.

Location hidden

#93793 May 9, 2012
Wolfscratch Glenn Adams wrote:
<quoted text>
Hope 4 Holly, I was born & raised in 'your neck of the woods'..Where I live in GA is synonymous to rural TN & MS. The overwhelming majority of the folks are law abiding, patriotic, christian families, that only want to see this tragedy end safely and Justice for the Bain family. I am confident that they would do the right thing and dial 911...
WS
The problem with all that is that the video is 8 days old and he may be across the country by now and nowhere near that neck of the woods. Israel Keyes, Samantha Koenig’s killer made it from Alaska to Texas.
Hope 4 Holly

United States

#93794 May 9, 2012
Lies Within wrote:
<quoted text>
If he is driving around wearing a wig or a hat they will never find him without that vehical discription. He can stop off back roads to relieve himself, If there is another adult with him he can aquire food and gas without being identified.
It won't last forever. He will be caught.

Jasper, GA

#93795 May 9, 2012
Lies Within wrote:
<quoted text>
'LW, I was visualizing him being disguised as a nun'..

My issue with the reasoning being, that the FBI is not releasing the vehicle description, due to vigilante justice. Why would they release the physical descriptions? Wouldn't this also result in vigilante Justice?

I followed the search by LE/FBI for 4 killers; 3 serial & 1 spree killer. Once the description, including vehicle was released to the public via the national media. Three were captured within 24 hours & the spree killer/gaffney SC was killed by LE within 36 hours. All were from tips by an aware public...

'For those who believe that I only criticize LE & their strategies, please read the following':

Serial Killer on the Loose in Gaffney, SC | Robert Lindsay

http://robertlindsay.wordpress.com/2009/07/03...

Jul 3, 2009 – This is the second photo released of the Gaffney, SC serial killer...... Wolfscratch: this is why the SC serial killer's sketch was promptly released ...
Hope 4 Holly

United States

#93796 May 9, 2012
From WBBJ-7---ABC

More reward money announced this morning in the Bain kidnapping case:

Gov. Haslam is offering $15,000 for information leading to the apprehension, arrest and conviction or the person or persons who have committed, attempted to commit or conspired to commit the kidnapping of JoAnn Bain and her three children Kyliyah, Alexandria and Adrienne Bain.

In addition, should another party issue a reward for information leading to a conviction; the state will match the reward up to $5,000. Twenty-Fifth Judicial District Attorney General Mike Dunavant made the reward request.

“It is my sincerest hope that this reward will lead to new information that brings those responsible for this crime to justice,” Haslam said.

Location hidden

#93797 May 9, 2012
Hope 4 Holly wrote:
<quoted text>
He should have already been caught. They are making mistakes Big Time on this one and the longer it takes them the less chance those little girls may have!

I don't expect LE to be supermen - I have two in my family and I know they are not but these, keeping a lid on it, playing it close to the vest, hush hush tactics they are using are costing lives!

Central KY

#93798 May 9, 2012
LW getting cozy with tc,Ive suspected it all along. I think your slip is showing want to borrow mine?

Jasper, GA

#93799 May 9, 2012
Hope 4 Holly wrote:
<quoted text>
'Adam Mayes' sister in law said that he was a loner/antisocial, did drugs, drank alcohol, lived with his parents & never held a full time job'...Mayes, lacked goals, direction, discipline, and is obviously very narcissistic...
Mayes, demeanor in the convenience store video portrays that of a psychopath...He lacks empathy, and is void of a human conscience...

"IMO, these are all traits that add up to a very volatile situation".
'Yes H4H, it won't last forever, but their are a number of tragic scenarios that can play out'..'Suicide/by cop, is only one of these scenarios...

'Time is very critical for a safe outcome for the Bain girls'..

WS

Central KY

#93800 May 9, 2012
He will be recognized when he pulls his black dress up and relieves himself most females squat when theyre out.

Jasper, GA

#93801 May 9, 2012
Interesting from FB

http://www.facebook.com/search/results.php... #!/pages/Help-Find-Jo-Ann-Thom pson-Bain-and-Girls/3836394083 43945

Rita Roberts - this guy was at my house sunday atternoon but i didnt realize it was him till yesterday

Rita Roberts he was walking he came to my door asking for cogerettes i called tbi and gave them the info
3 hours ago via mobile · Like · 8

Rita Roberts i live in booneville ms
3 hours ago via mobile

footnote-Adam Mayes sold everything he owned on the days before the abduction(april 22/2012):

Abby White &#8206;@Robin... I said I knew for sure about the tires and like I said this was the week before. The 22nd to be exact. Yes it does add up but I'm sure they aren't eating fast food everyday... Too many people know his face now. Just giving a suggestion about how he may have some money.
58 minutes ago via mobile · Like

Central KY

#93802 May 9, 2012
Most females dont squat when theyre out,this is confusing?

Location hidden

#93803 May 9, 2012
JER29 wrote:
LW getting cozy with tc,Ive suspected it all along. I think your slip is showing want to borrow mine?
HA Ha Ha Jer, I don't wear other peoples under garments but thanks for the offer!LOL

Location hidden

#93804 May 9, 2012
Where is our little pet troll has she run off? I haven't seen her since my return from the Derby.

Jasper, GA

#93805 May 9, 2012
JER29 wrote:
Most females dont squat when theyre out,this is confusing?
'What's in, your coffee, JER29'?

WS
just looking

United States

#93806 May 9, 2012
On the page for missing Jo Ann and girls they are telling people not to post info about locations, they think there is a mole on there last night. Someone must be reading and helping him.

Location hidden

#93807 May 9, 2012
Wolfscratch Glenn Adams wrote:
<quoted text>
'Adam Mayes' sister in law said that he was a loner/antisocial, did drugs, drank alcohol, lived with his parents & never held a full time job'...Mayes, lacked goals, direction, discipline, and is obviously very narcissistic...
Mayes, demeanor in the convenience store video portrays that of a psychopath...He lacks empathy, and is void of a human conscience...
"IMO, these are all traits that add up to a very volatile situation".
'Yes H4H, it won't last forever, but their are a number of tragic scenarios that can play out'..'Suicide/by cop, is only one of these scenarios...
'Time is very critical for a safe outcome for the Bain girls'..
WS
Every minute counts, He apparently has no problem killing people he once cared about. I have read that most psychopaths are truly cowards and afraid to die even though they lack empathy for others they have a self preserving nature and a superiority complex. Van Der Sloot is a prime example just taken to the nth degree because his family had influence.

No tellin how this will all play out. Let's just keep praying they find him with the girls safe!

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#93808 May 9, 2012
Clonethis wrote:
<quoted text>
Just trying to see it from LE's point of view, they do have to use discretion when they issue Amber alerts..if she just decided to change the plans & drive to AZ with Adam & the kids, false alarm & too many false alarms, people aren't going to pay attention to the Amber alerts so I can see it not being issued immediately, BUT very bad judgment call not issuing it the moment they found her abandoned vehicle. It just frustrates me to see how some people are so against LE that they can do NOTHING right in their eyes (people in general, not focusing on WS...a lot of people do it). I'll bet if they ever have a child or family member missing or murdered, they'll be glad LE is around. They're only human, just like all of us. They're not perfect. I'm sure there are officers losing sleep and sick to their stomachs that the alert wasn't issued sooner. They're working 24/7 trying to catch Mayes.
Now in Holly's case, IMO, different story. Not just one mistake or bad judgment call, but many and even I can't give them the benefit of the doubt any more. The only way they're going to catch the perp now is by accident or sheer luck. But again, it's not like they didn't/don't WANT to catch him, I just think they were very ill-prepared for this kind of situation and those first minutes/hours were crucial.
A lot of great points and I agree.

Location hidden

#93809 May 9, 2012
RHFH wrote:
<quoted text>
We also need to remember that Mays wasn't missing, the police did go talk to him, he did not become a suspect until LE tried to talk to him a second time and he was gone. So no suspect, no vehicle description, the kids are with mom, no signs of foul play= no Amber Alert.
Good points RHFH. If we could only walk in the shoes of LE for one day, I think we would see how hard their jobs are in this land.

Location hidden

#93810 May 9, 2012
Lies Within wrote:
Oops - I meant CT -? Need more coffee!
I thought I needed more coffee and coke. LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Parsons Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
tennessee river flooding (Jul '13) 1 hr AstWipe McButtocks 3
News Tyson Foods: New facility in Tennessee to creat... 1 hr Retribution 11
Grove 4 hr Crazynan 3
Best Place to buy.... 6 hr Surgeon general 3
Little David Wilkins, Country Singer Mon Jen 2
Dylan Adams Mon Could not care 3
News Taylor Parsons of Mountain City is Miss Tenness... (Oct '08) Sun just DO IT 9

Parsons Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Parsons Mortgages