Authorities: 20 Year old Holly Bobo A...

Authorities: 20 Year old Holly Bobo Abducted in Decatur County

There are 249926 comments on the MidSouthNewz story from Apr 13, 2011, titled Authorities: 20 Year old Holly Bobo Abducted in Decatur County. In it, MidSouthNewz reports that:

Authorities in Decatur and Henderson County as well as the Tennessee Highway Patrol and Tennessee Bureau of Investigation are searching for 20 year old Holly Bobo.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at MidSouthNewz.

southside

United States

#92929 May 2, 2012
JER29 wrote:
Southside on the places that need to be searched thread you said you were afraid to go look are you local? If there is a specific place that needs to be checked there are locals on this thread that will go look. They would need an exact location,after 1 year every lead needs to be investigated.
Whats your email address. Id be glad to send in hopes of it being checked out at least.
Really

United States

#92930 May 2, 2012
JER29 wrote:
MTOIO the perv in this case was dressed as a turkey hunter. If he was a coon hunter would he have been dressed in coon hunting camo? Anything else in season at the time of the abduction other than beautiful young blond haired women? Maybe he was a LE disguised as a turkey/coon hunter and showed his badge after Holly screamed. If he accidentally hit her with his badge when he pulled it out that could have caused the blood. Then they go skipping off into the woods for a picnic. Sorry Im having difficulty with this one.
Are you serious? I am anxious to know what you "think" coon hunters wear......please explain the difference between duck camo and coon hunting camo-

Since: Jul 11

Central KY

#92931 May 2, 2012
Southside click my name on this thread and it will take you to messages.Just type message and send,thank JER.
Hope 4 Holly

Henderson, TN

#92932 May 2, 2012
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you serious? I am anxious to know what you "think" coon hunters wear......please explain the difference between duck camo and coon hunting camo-
Coon hunters? They hunt at night.'Turkey' hunters have to be fully covered so as not to scare away the very alert turkeys. Duck hunting is yet another type.

Central KY

#92933 May 2, 2012
Really,I dont hunt but from what I have read there may be a difference in camo. Some say the military camo also differs from hunting camo. Clint specified a noninsulating type of camo in 1 interview. He also thought perp had a hat and gloves on but only saw him from the back at a distance for a couple of seconds. Im not sure how he could tell the camo was a noninsulating type from a glance. He did hunt so maybe just familiar with the type he saw.
The coon hunters comment was just me making a dumb statement.I have an unusual sense of humor sometimes.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#92934 May 2, 2012
mytakeonit ontario wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes lets all pray tonight together. It can't hurt.
Sure can't..it's seemingly all there is left to do :(

Since: Nov 11

Toronto, Canada

#92935 May 2, 2012
JER29 wrote:
If Hollys abduction is related to other kidnappings,is the perp a local? What stands out to me about 4/13 is the scream. Holly screamed loud enough at least once for a neighbor to hear her. There are a few homes besides this neighbors home next to each other. If anyone else was outside at the time they could have heard the scream as well. The perp then spends 20+ minutes with Holly at the home. Where were they at for this period of time? The blood was found by her car in the carport/garage.Clint said he saw them kneeling,this would have been a few minutes later. Did a sexual assault take place by her car or in her car and then more time passes before they leave? My point is perp knew Holly screamed and someone may have heard it but it didnt cause him to rush her away. Who would feel that comfortable at the house for this length of time? If this is a serial kidnapper LEs actions dont make sense. No warning to locals about other possible abductions was ever issued. That is what makes this look like a personal issue with someone and not random.
Very likely Jer but I keep going back to why Clint didn't hear it if the neighbor did and why the perp was seemingly in no hurry to leave. Another hmmmmmmm

Location hidden

#92936 May 2, 2012
Wolfscratch Glenn Adams wrote:
FYI-OT-
Mother of abduction/rape/murder victim Morgan Harrington - Gil Harrington..
From
Dan Harrington's FB Page-
'Gil Harrington's Thoughts from April 30, 2012'
Dear Morgan,
Scrap lumber, that’s what it really is, a pine board about 7 feet tall and 2 inches wide with a hole drilled in the top. Your grandfather made it. Actually he made two of them, one for each of you kids right after you were born – your special “grow sticks.” Poppy made the grow sticks so that the sprint of time couldn’t erase the dramatic changes that babies undergo to become adults.
Rather than inscribe a door frame with ascending hatch marks to note your increasing height, you always had your grow stick hanging in the bedroom to record that progression. All three bedrooms:
The first in Charlottesville that you shared with Alex when we brought you home from the hospital. Your second bedroom was here in Roanoke – a small room, but big enough for your crib and the room you insisted on because it was next to Allie. You took possession of your third, and last bedroom, as a middleschooler when you moved across the hall to a more spacious room that would better accommodate sleepovers and loud music. Your grow stick was installed next to the closet and you kept growing and recording the miraculous transformations life brings.
It is infinitely precious for me to translate the scratchy marks you made on that board next to the closet. Naturally the top mark is Dan, tall papa, rock of our family. I remember each and every notation on the wood. How excited you were when you were “officially” taller than me - 3/01. You were 12. As a little girl you were amazed to see the mark that showed “ how big I was when I got borned.” 7/24/89 you were 19 ½ inches long. The lowest marks near the ground are really hilarious, where you kept the pet record.
I smile to see that our kitten Zeb was 7 inches tall on 9/92. I recall the difficulty your 3 year old self had taking that measurement. Though it was not nearly as hard as making your parakeet Opal sit still long enough to be recorded on 4/99.
For the record Morgan, you have shrunk to a dimension of 10x10x4. The size of the cigar box where you now reside...
Memories permeate the marks you inscribed in the wood grain of your grow stick. Contemplating it is bittersweet but the sadness is tolerable because we had much fun with the silliness of the task.
What is still excruciating beyond bearing is the flip side of the board. That’s where you planned to chart the growth of your own children, your anticipated family. Those beloveds who will never exist were also stolen from us. The unmarked and forever empty expanse of wood on the flip side is invisibly inscribed with pain, a virtual Rosetta Stone of loss.
In the midst of agony Morgan, your family chooses strength. We choose survival. We choose love. We continue to choose, insist upon, and embrace growth.
Always, 241, Mama
ws
I used to read that blog and then I stopped..it was just too heartwrenching to read. My heart hurts for that family.

Toronto, Canada

#92937 May 2, 2012
Wolfscratch Glenn Adams wrote:
FYI-OT-
Mother of abduction/rape/murder victim Morgan Harrington - Gil Harrington..
From
Dan Harrington's FB Page-
'Gil Harrington's Thoughts from April 30, 2012'
Dear Morgan,
Scrap lumber, that’s what it really is, a pine board about 7 feet tall and 2 inches wide with a hole drilled in the top. Your grandfather made it. Actually he made two of them, one for each of you kids right after you were born – your special “grow sticks.” Poppy made the grow sticks so that the sprint of time couldn’t erase the dramatic changes that babies undergo to become adults.
Rather than inscribe a door frame with ascending hatch marks to note your increasing height, you always had your grow stick hanging in the bedroom to record that progression. All three bedrooms:
The first in Charlottesville that you shared with Alex when we brought you home from the hospital. Your second bedroom was here in Roanoke – a small room, but big enough for your crib and the room you insisted on because it was next to Allie. You took possession of your third, and last bedroom, as a middleschooler when you moved across the hall to a more spacious room that would better accommodate sleepovers and loud music. Your grow stick was installed next to the closet and you kept growing and recording the miraculous transformations life brings.
It is infinitely precious for me to translate the scratchy marks you made on that board next to the closet. Naturally the top mark is Dan, tall papa, rock of our family. I remember each and every notation on the wood. How excited you were when you were “officially” taller than me - 3/01. You were 12. As a little girl you were amazed to see the mark that showed “ how big I was when I got borned.” 7/24/89 you were 19 ½ inches long. The lowest marks near the ground are really hilarious, where you kept the pet record.
I smile to see that our kitten Zeb was 7 inches tall on 9/92. I recall the difficulty your 3 year old self had taking that measurement. Though it was not nearly as hard as making your parakeet Opal sit still long enough to be recorded on 4/99.
For the record Morgan, you have shrunk to a dimension of 10x10x4. The size of the cigar box where you now reside...
Memories permeate the marks you inscribed in the wood grain of your grow stick. Contemplating it is bittersweet but the sadness is tolerable because we had much fun with the silliness of the task.
What is still excruciating beyond bearing is the flip side of the board. That’s where you planned to chart the growth of your own children, your anticipated family. Those beloveds who will never exist were also stolen from us. The unmarked and forever empty expanse of wood on the flip side is invisibly inscribed with pain, a virtual Rosetta Stone of loss.
In the midst of agony Morgan, your family chooses strength. We choose survival. We choose love. We continue to choose, insist upon, and embrace growth.
Always, 241, Mama
ws
Thanks for that Glen - had tears in my eyes reading it. It is truly amazing the strength of the human spirit.

Central KY

#92938 May 2, 2012
CT its the most important thing you can do. GOD works in mysterious ways to the human mind. He even spoke to a prophet through a donkey. In fact HE still speaks through jackas-es today. When we pray HE moves in whatever way HE sees fit. HE uses people most of time to accomplish HIS purpose,so keep on praying.

Location hidden

#92939 May 2, 2012
<quoted text>
A very interesting lead for sure - Britanee Drexel went missing from around there as well
They have what seems to be a substantial lead in Britanee's case....I read last week too that they had a POI, a SO..trying to find that article. This is the one about the new lead.
http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx...

Central KY

#92940 May 2, 2012
I can understand why Clint didnt hear it if she was in the garage and he was asleep. Some people use fans to block out noise. Why the perp was in no hurry is a mystery.

Location hidden

#92941 May 2, 2012
<quoted text>
A very interesting lead for sure - Britanee Drexel went missing from around there as well
Duh - disregard that new lead post - that was 2011 - this was in Feb. this year - the POI that they're looking at.

idk either

Drummonds, TN

#92942 May 2, 2012
JER29 wrote:
Really,I dont hunt but from what I have read there may be a difference in camo. Some say the military camo also differs from hunting camo. Clint specified a noninsulating type of camo in 1 interview. He also thought perp had a hat and gloves on but only saw him from the back at a distance for a couple of seconds. Im not sure how he could tell the camo was a noninsulating type from a glance. He did hunt so maybe just familiar with the type he saw.
The coon hunters comment was just me making a dumb statement.I have an unusual sense of humor sometimes.
I am not familiar with hunting but I would think that if you're hunting anything concealment would be important. But I'm clueless when it comes to hunting :)

Location hidden

#92943 May 2, 2012
just looking wrote:
<quoted text> This has broken my heart this morning as i read. As my youngest finishes their senior year and my oldest with grandchildren I find myself growing an unreasonable fear of something going to happen all the time. I tell them everytime they go out the door if something happens to yell kick fight with all they got. This may sound terrible to some but i would rather be called to their death scene as to think i would never know what happen or if they were taken and tortured for days. I dont think i could mentally take it.
totally agree, JL, doesn't sound terrible at all. I've always said this myself..if someone were to grab me, I would do the same..I would make them kill me right there if they want to kill me. I would never go with someone out of fear because they have a gun, knife, whatever on me because they're going to kill you anyway, just later.

Location hidden

#92944 May 2, 2012
<quoted text>
What an amazing young woman she is.So touching yet you can almost feel her strength of character. Her mother must be a wonderful person as well.
I LOVE Elizabeth...I followed her case very closely from the day she went missing..OMG, did I ever cry when they found her. My husband called & said they found her and very dejectedly, I said "Oh, no...where?" He said "alive,walking down the street". Sweetest 5 words I've ever heard! She is a remarkable young woman..her whole family is.
Wondering About Things

Morristown, TN

#92945 May 2, 2012
Bluetoy wrote:
If I remember corectly Terry Britt was suppose to have a day in court yesterday. I live in California so no access to local news. Any word on the hearing in the news or TV. Thanks for sharing. I know most don't believe he is responsible~~I was just hoping for some kind of GOOD OUTCOME for Holly when he had his day in court. Although all the news since the one year anniversary doesn't seem favorible to her being in protective custody~~HOPE I am wrong. tyia
I don't know why people in Decatur County WOULDN'T think that he might be responsible.

It was reported to the local authorities that Terry Britt and his wife, who was employed by The News Leader at the time, enticed a woman into their van and gave her a Jello shooter that was drugged. When the potential victim came to, she was removed from the situation by Terry Britt's son.

What if Terry Britt's son hadn't been there?

What role did Terry Britt's wife play in this?

How often did the Britt's ride around and try to entice females into their vehicle?

Being locals, the Britt's could have known and easily learned PLENTY of information about Holly Bobo.

Are the Britt's intelligent enough to have pulled off the abduction of Holly Bobo? I haven't confirmed this, but I was told recently that Terry Britt's wife was the Valedictorian at her high school.

Toronto, Canada

#92946 May 2, 2012
JER29 wrote:
MTOIO the perv in this case was dressed as a turkey hunter. If he was a coon hunter would he have been dressed in coon hunting camo? Anything else in season at the time of the abduction other than beautiful young blond haired women? Maybe he was a LE disguised as a turkey/coon hunter and showed his badge after Holly screamed. If he accidentally hit her with his badge when he pulled it out that could have caused the blood. Then they go skipping off into the woods for a picnic. Sorry Im having difficulty with this one.
I'm having trouble trying to decipher what you're saying Jer - are you replying to something I posted?

Location hidden

#92947 May 2, 2012
JER29 wrote:
CT its the most important thing you can do. GOD works in mysterious ways to the human mind. He even spoke to a prophet through a donkey. In fact HE still speaks through jackas-es today. When we pray HE moves in whatever way HE sees fit. HE uses people most of time to accomplish HIS purpose,so keep on praying.
Agree...I've seen much proof of it in many, many ways..solid proof.

Location hidden

#92948 May 2, 2012
Wondering About Things wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know why people in Decatur County WOULDN'T think that he might be responsible.
It was reported to the local authorities that Terry Britt and his wife, who was employed by The News Leader at the time, enticed a woman into their van and gave her a Jello shooter that was drugged. When the potential victim came to, she was removed from the situation by Terry Britt's son.
What if Terry Britt's son hadn't been there?
What role did Terry Britt's wife play in this?
How often did the Britt's ride around and try to entice females into their vehicle?
Being locals, the Britt's could have known and easily learned PLENTY of information about Holly Bobo.
Are the Britt's intelligent enough to have pulled off the abduction of Holly Bobo? I haven't confirmed this, but I was told recently that Terry Britt's wife was the Valedictorian at her high school.
Agree...entirely possible. The one thing I think is a misconception, though, is that it took intelligence to pull this off..it could have been accomplished with stupidity, no common sense, brass gonads...and luck. It doesn't necessarily take intelligence, IMO.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Parsons Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Heather West/Walker 8 hr HWalker 5
Sidebar 16 hr G Who 369
Does anyone know a Joshua Grice? (Jan '13) Tue Just curious 11
mike bingham Mon susieq 1
Sherry Morgan, use to be Bibbs Mar 24 Come get it 3
Charles Allen Mar 22 luck of the irish 1
Ann Blankenship (Jun '14) Mar 22 yea rite 16

Parsons Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance