Authorities: 20 Year old Holly Bobo A...

Authorities: 20 Year old Holly Bobo Abducted in Decatur County

There are 263858 comments on the MidSouthNewz story from Apr 13, 2011, titled Authorities: 20 Year old Holly Bobo Abducted in Decatur County. In it, MidSouthNewz reports that:

Authorities in Decatur and Henderson County as well as the Tennessee Highway Patrol and Tennessee Bureau of Investigation are searching for 20 year old Holly Bobo.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at MidSouthNewz.

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#92564 Apr 27, 2012
Wolfscratch Glenn Adams wrote:
<quoted text>
O42, The obvious question that comes to mind is what took so long to figure this out. VICAP originated in 1985-over 26 years ago..
This map shows the more than 500 cases in our Highway Serial Killings Initiative database; the red dots mark where bodies or remains have been found along highways over the past 30 years.
http://www.fbi.gov/news/&#8203;stories/20...
Snipet from above link:
RE: First, some background. The victims in these cases are primarily women who are living high-risk, transient lifestyles, often involving substance abuse and prostitution. Theyíre frequently picked up at truck stops or service stations and sexually assaulted, murdered, and dumped along a highway..
" I disagree, many of the victims are runaways & women/girls that were hitchiking(some with companions), or in the wrong place at the wrong time"...
Wolfscratch
I can imagine it took several years plowing through documentation, gathering information, collecting data from each state, continually updating and determining cases. We didnít have the sophisticated page scanners we have now 26 yrs ago (1986) all this info was kept on paper in files. We didnít have the communication systems, and we also didnít have the elite data base applications we have now which make it so much easier to compare data. That stuff takes a lot of time. We didnít even have Amber Alert until 1996. Also, if you consider the manpower from then to now and the amount of trained people and budgets it starts to become clear.

Now days, we have the capabilities and knowledge to gather and pass this information within minutes right from our own homes. If someone goes missing and it is communicated the entire country knows about it within hours. It is documented that day and everyone is on alert simultaneously. Information is compared quickly allowing determinations to be made right away.

I think we are just reaching a point in our infrastructure where all of this information and all of these data bases are being combined and we are now clearly seeing the big picture Ė And It AINíT PRETTY!

Thank God we have reached this point now and have people like Monica who have the stomach and determination to make a difference! The information is one thing - the ground work is a totally different animal.

Location hidden

#92565 Apr 27, 2012
Watching17 wrote:
<quoted text>I feel some Carly Simon coming, maybe I'm psychic? Just catching up, I know I'm way late but couldn't help making a prediction.:)
Boy are you in for a surprise cuz that's not how the story ended!LOL - My face is still red!LOL

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#92566 Apr 27, 2012
Lies Within wrote:
<quoted text>
I can imagine it took several years plowing through documentation, gathering information, collecting data from each state, continually updating and determining cases. We didnít have the sophisticated page scanners we have now 26 yrs ago (1986) all this info was kept on paper in files. We didnít have the communication systems, and we also didnít have the elite data base applications we have now which make it so much easier to compare data. That stuff takes a lot of time. We didnít even have Amber Alert until 1996. Also, if you consider the manpower from then to now and the amount of trained people and budgets it starts to become clear.
Now days, we have the capabilities and knowledge to gather and pass this information within minutes right from our own homes. If someone goes missing and it is communicated the entire country knows about it within hours. It is documented that day and everyone is on alert simultaneously. Information is compared quickly allowing determinations to be made right away.
I think we are just reaching a point in our infrastructure where all of this information and all of these data bases are being combined and we are now clearly seeing the big picture Ė And It AINíT PRETTY!
Thank God we have reached this point now and have people like Monica who have the stomach and determination to make a difference! The information is one thing - the ground work is a totally different animal.
Excellent post. Agree.

Location hidden

#92567 Apr 27, 2012
Unchained Troll wrote:
http://www.wsmv.com/story/1646 4858/i-team-new-details-in-sea rch-for-holly-bobo-case
Wonder how often TC reads this :)
He probably took it to Kinkoís had it enlarged and framed and itís hanging on the wall next to his kitchen table so he can enjoy his 5 min. of fame with his morning coffee!

Toronto, Canada

#92568 Apr 27, 2012
Lies Within wrote:
I am sorry everyone - I have totally made a fool of myself today!
Ok you're forgiven...LOL
We all have at one time or another

Toronto, Canada

#92569 Apr 27, 2012
horsepoor wrote:
<quoted text>
I think they meant Brian Duke, Henderson County Sheriff.
Yes I stan corrected

Toronto, Canada

#92570 Apr 27, 2012
Stand corrected - now I have to correct myself LOL

Location hidden

#92571 Apr 27, 2012
Clonethis wrote:
<quoted text>
The proposed bill has nothing to do with "harrassment" of individuals on Topix. LOL what a dope. That said, I think harrassing others in email and PMs, threatening them & calling them filty names & hacking their computers needs to be stopped :) Too funny, always claiming to be a victim of harrassment when there's so much written proof to the contrary. How ironic.
Ohioan42 wrote:
<quoted text>
I know. I read about it and it has nothing to dow with that. He's so stupid. On your other points, you are very correct. A LOT of written proof and perhaps recorded proof. He's a victim by his own hand, if he is a victim. LOL
Heís just jealous of Topix because we can still communicate. Since he was shut down Ė he wants everyone shut down. When they took his computer away he lost his chance of claiming the reward money! Thatís what he gets for being such a dirt bag and only being involved for the money, heís certainly no victim.

Location hidden

#92572 Apr 27, 2012
Lies Within wrote:
<quoted text>
He probably took it to Kinkoís had it enlarged and framed and itís hanging on the wall next to his kitchen table so he can enjoy his 5 min. of fame with his morning coffee!
Hadn't thought of that. Being the narcissist that he is, it stands to reason.

Location hidden

#92573 Apr 27, 2012
Lies Within wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Heís just jealous of Topix because we can still communicate. Since he was shut down Ė he wants everyone shut down. When they took his computer away he lost his chance of claiming the reward money! Thatís what he gets for being such a dirt bag and only being involved for the money, heís certainly no victim.
Ditto.

Since: Jul 11

Tarpon Springs, FL

#92574 Apr 27, 2012
TC enemy wrote:
<quoted text>what a complete moron! this bill is about protecting our nation from hackers while preserving privacy issues. its not about a sniveling pathetic man or his equally pathetic female counterpart's attempts to garner fame. they want so very badly to be considered legit, yet they themselves are the ones that have shown everyone what they are made of. btw, the spell you made especially for me didn't work assholes! Tell your witches i said they are fakes and have no powers! This camp has what the witches coven doesn't...buried treasure. One should remember this when they are gathering their change to try to eat off the dollar menu at mcdonalds. Broke, stupid, and pathetic. He who laughs last laughs loudest! I know something you don't know :)
stranger and stranger, where have all the good witches gone?

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#92575 Apr 27, 2012
TC enemy wrote:
<quoted text>Very much has backfired. Wonder what he's gonna think when his cronies are systematically arrested for cyber crimes?????? Word to the wise, if you lay down with the dogs, you rise with fleas. I think there's a bunch of folks with itching all over. Fleas multiply and are very difficult to get rid of.
Witches? Spells? Pirates? Buried treasure? WTH are you talking about? Word to the wise, come back to planet earth. I cannot speak for anyone but myself, of course, but I can assure you that I am not involved in any "cyber crimes". Have never hacked anyone or written and codes (don't have a clue about that stuff). I prefer a more tangible and legal approach. BTW, did you have a nice vacation?

Central KY

#92576 Apr 27, 2012
welfarestate did you change names,its hard enough just keeping up with the regulars? No scholar here just sharing a little of my unusual personality as my wife puts it.
Plick

Dickson, TN

#92577 Apr 27, 2012
Lies Within wrote:
<quoted text>
Boy are you in for a surprise cuz that's not how the story ended!LOL - My face is still red!LOL
I saw that post and started to post BTO's song You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet.....lol

Tarpon Springs, FL

#92578 Apr 27, 2012
Lies Within wrote:
<quoted text>
I suck at being psychic, I think I may try being a good witch. My face has been red many times over the past year,I'm feeling ya.

Central KY

#92579 Apr 27, 2012
W17 I like Dorthys answer better -- are you a good witch or a bad witch? Im no witch at all.

Toronto, Canada

#92580 Apr 27, 2012
Wolfscratch Glenn Adams wrote:
<quoted text>
Catwoman, Lies Within posted this earlier:
For those that missed itÖ
The next episode of AMW airs tonight on Lifetime 8 pm Central it is Season 10 Episode 21 that means Hollyís Story was on Season 10 Episode 20 which also airs at 9pm.
CW, RE: Has any good leads for Holly came out?
It has been over a year since a TBI update on Holly's abduction. Doubt if they would say, publicly.. Seems, they disagree with the power of the American public in missing persons cases..
AMW reported that some leads/tips were reported...
WS
I agree WS we won't know until they arrest somebody - if ever by the looks of it. Interesting that this Train guy can brag about taking her according to a local poster and thay haven't hauled his ass off to jail. Even though he discounts it when sober. Any thoughts anybody?
Hope 4 Holly

Humboldt, TN

#92581 Apr 27, 2012
Sounds like Train may need to be questioned if he hasn't been already. Maybe when he isn't sober he either lets his guard down and tells things that when he's sober, he knows he shouldn't...or...he's just a drunken braggart. Either way, he needs checked out thoroughly.

Location hidden

#92582 Apr 27, 2012
mytakeonit ontario wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree WS we won't know until they arrest somebody - if ever by the looks of it. Interesting that this Train guy can brag about taking her according to a local poster and thay haven't hauled his ass off to jail. Even though he discounts it when sober. Any thoughts anybody?
If he's a known local, they prob know him well enough to know that he didn't take her. But, I think they should still haul him and question him when he's drinking. Or, when he's sober keep his ass sitting in a chair all night long and don't allow him to sleep. Give him a polygraph. too.

Location hidden

#92583 Apr 27, 2012
mytakeonit ontario wrote:
<quoted text>
If he's a kmown local, they prob know him well enough to know he's full of crap. But I think they still should question him. Do it wiht him drinking or if they do it sober, make his ass sit in the chair all night with no sleep till he confesses if he's guilty. Give him a polygraph too. If he's lying, I think they should make him stay a night in jail for distress caused to the family for running his mouth.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Parsons Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dylan Adams 16 min JER29 61
Jason Autry 22 min JER29 4
When will there be justice for Wesley? 30 min JER29 14
Natalie Bobo / Holly Bobo? (Aug '11) 31 min JER29 869
Emily Jordan 11 hr blackbeard 1
holly Bobo's Relatives... 15 hr Alj 26
Zach Adams trial 15 hr MaryC 170
Jason Autry (Apr '14) 21 hr Nope 2,545

Parsons Jobs

More from around the web