Authorities: 20 Year old Holly Bobo Abducted in Decatur County

There are 219651 comments on the MidSouthNewz story from Apr 13, 2011, titled Authorities: 20 Year old Holly Bobo Abducted in Decatur County. In it, MidSouthNewz reports that:

Authorities in Decatur and Henderson County as well as the Tennessee Highway Patrol and Tennessee Bureau of Investigation are searching for 20 year old Holly Bobo.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at MidSouthNewz.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#87934 Mar 27, 2012
Just a mom wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have any idea why LE doesn't just lay out some basic information to slow down the wild speculation?
You seem to be close to this or know someone who is...It doesn't really matter, I guess, you would have your own reasons, but you seem to agree with the avenue LE has taken?
I do support LE, and I do want them to do what they need to do, but it just doesn't seem very "compassionate"(can' t think of an appropriate word) to just let family and everyone else who has heart invested in Holly, to just twist in the wind.
Don't mean to put you on the spot, but if you could respond that would be great. TIA
Well I the short answer is that it won't benefit the case to release anything and the properganda and misinformation is actually allowing investigators do their jobs. Sounds crazy but its true. Investigators job is to keep the case from being compromised and as uncompassionate as it appears it is being done for the greater good. Everything is done for a reason even if from the outside it don't make sense. It doesn't make it right or ok and it really is heartwrenching what the family has been through. I don't think someone could even make up what has happened its just horrific really and I know God says he won't give a person more then they can take and I pray that is true for Karen and Dana. I know they are really suffering and need prayers.
LaHere

Shreveport, LA

#87935 Mar 27, 2012
Hope this link works. This picture tells me a different story than any of the others.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php...
LaHere

Shreveport, LA

#87936 Mar 27, 2012
Sorry, scroll down almost halfway.

Since: Jul 11

Central KY

#87937 Mar 27, 2012
Karen said she and Holly texted several times a day. Holly sang all the time at home. She would go running through the house playing with her dog. They shopped togather,in short they were a close mother and daughter. I'm sure Dana was close to his daughter as well. If he is like most dads he helped her pick out her car,was paying for her education, and would have given her away in marriage. Clint not only lost a sister, I read he and Holly doubled dated. They spent time togather as a family. Maybe thats why so many have tried to tear down the bond this family has down,its unusual. A bright light is missing in the Bobo home and yes the Bobos need all the prayer they can get.

Location hidden

#87938 Mar 27, 2012
Not-a-blonde wrote:
<quoted text>
IMO, LE recognized a game was going to be played out by the perp and LE needed volunteers in this type of acting role of searching. You see, I believe the game was going both ways on the first few days following Holly's abduction until LE stopped the game by stopping the volunteer searches. The volunteer searchers were instructed not to touch or move anything that was found by them that appeared suspicious, but the item would be marked by the leaders in your group so LE could photographed and pick up the item later. These same volunteers were also instructed not to speak to others about what might be found on your searches. I also never got the sense that these searches were for the purpose of any volunteer ever being put in a position of actually finding Holly physically but maybe finding articles or possibly a location where someone may have been held up for a period of time.
I like the way you put that. Although I don't believe it was a game at first but became one after a short period of time. I don't think people get the amount of le and different agencies that were really involved. There was a method to the madness.

“Public Safety: "Saving Lives"”

Jasper, GA

#87940 Mar 27, 2012
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOP QRSTUVWXY

Jackson, TN

#87941 Mar 27, 2012
Anyone remember when that "just in case parade" is?
tia

“Public Safety: "Saving Lives"”

Jasper, GA

#87942 Mar 27, 2012
&fe ature=youtu.be

CUE National Missing Persons Conference 2012

WS

Location hidden

#87943 Mar 27, 2012
JER29 wrote:
Karen said she and Holly texted several times a day. Holly sang all the time at home. She would go running through the house playing with her dog. They shopped togather,in short they were a close mother and daughter. I'm sure Dana was close to his daughter as well. If he is like most dads he helped her pick out her car,was paying for her education, and would have given her away in marriage. Clint not only lost a sister, I read he and Holly doubled dated. They spent time togather as a family. Maybe thats why so many have tried to tear down the bond this family has down,its unusual. A bright light is missing in the Bobo home and yes the Bobos need all the prayer they can get.
Amen man.
There just is no words for it or way to understand that kind of suffering unless you have lived it. Thing may appear a lot of ways but I promise if you spoke to Karen or Dana you would be humbled.
KAOS

Jackson, TN

#87944 Mar 27, 2012
Fed_the_F_up wrote:
<quoted text>
I like the way you put that. Although I don't believe it was a game at first but became one after a short period of time. I don't think people get the amount of le and different agencies that were really involved. There was a method to the madness.
Bullsh!t ! I was there. That was some of the most disorganized mess you ever seen.
Road blocks 7 days later and who takes a break in the middle of a search to regroup and give searchers a break? Then you get 1 million texts and tweets saying she has been found and everyone just ups and goes home. Then LE says, oh no folks this is no hoax, please come back. Then LE goes in at night after searchers leave. I'm beginning to think LE planted all that stuff. Then there is that mystery searcher that got hurt and had to be airlifted? yeah right! Do you know how bad you need to be hurt to be air lifted? Especially when there is 100 ambulances and rescue vehicles at every crossroad. It's a mess now and has always been since day 1. If LE is confusing us, it's because they dropped the ball on the first 10 minutes and are trying to recover from the fumble.
Thank you for allowing me to get that off my chest.
Good-Nite

Location hidden

#87945 Mar 27, 2012
So was it a CUE volunteer that started the rumor about Holly being found? Anyone know?

Central KY

#87946 Mar 27, 2012
KAOS who was in charge initially? Was the same agency in control a week later?
I read a comment by Blink a few months ago thats stated the same thing,that the investigation was a mess.Hopefully they will figure it out soon.

Central KY

#87947 Mar 27, 2012
F.T.F.U. I"ve seen enough of the videos of both of them crying or trying to hold back the tears. I cant imagine calling LE everyday hoping to hear something and yet hoping it is good news. Dana said he had people to talk to at work and that helped some. Clint and Karen put their lives on hold until they find out something. I also think Drew is hurting too, he and Holly were planning a life togather thats hard to overcome. To have someone snatched from you at her home and maybe never see her again, isnt like getting to say goodbye, or I love you one last time.

Location hidden

#87948 Mar 27, 2012
KAOS wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullsh!t ! I was there. That was some of the most disorganized mess you ever seen.
Road blocks 7 days later and who takes a break in the middle of a search to regroup and give searchers a break? Then you get 1 million texts and tweets saying she has been found and everyone just ups and goes home. Then LE says, oh no folks this is no hoax, please come back. Then LE goes in at night after searchers leave. I'm beginning to think LE planted all that stuff. Then there is that mystery searcher that got hurt and had to be airlifted? yeah right! Do you know how bad you need to be hurt to be air lifted? Especially when there is 100 ambulances and rescue vehicles at every crossroad. It's a mess now and has always been since day 1. If LE is confusing us, it's because they dropped the ball on the first 10 minutes and are trying to recover from the fumble.
Thank you for allowing me to get that off my chest.
Good-Nite

I hear you and this is not the place to discuss some of this stuff but I stand by my statement that there was a method to the madness. Not outwardly but inwardly. Its just so God damn frustrating and that's why no one talks about it. Something has to give it just has too.

Location hidden

#87949 Mar 27, 2012
JER29 wrote:
F.T.F.U. I"ve seen enough of the videos of both of them crying or trying to hold back the tears. I cant imagine calling LE everyday hoping to hear something and yet hoping it is good news. Dana said he had people to talk to at work and that helped some. Clint and Karen put their lives on hold until they find out something. I also think Drew is hurting too, he and Holly were planning a life togather thats hard to overcome. To have someone snatched from you at her home and maybe never see her again, isnt like getting to say goodbye, or I love you one last time.
As a parent my worst nightmare would be knowing my child was in danger and not knowing where they were. I don't know what I would do. I can't even imagine if I knew it was someone in my community, someone close and they were walking free still.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#87950 Mar 27, 2012
LaHere wrote:
Hope this link works. This picture tells me a different story than any of the others.
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php...
Back again and out again....I think this is the only one I've ever seen of her not smiling. She definitely doesn't look happy here :(

Location hidden

#87951 Mar 27, 2012
I just caught this clip again from the JVM interview again when I was on SM to look @ Holly's picture. This is something that's always bothered me. He looked in the garage, saw 2 silhouettes, had no idea who they were, called Karen to ask if she knew who they were, she said Holly's supposed to be in school, he realized it must've been Holly. It doesn't make sense, like most things about this case. "Hey, mom, I see 2 silhouettes in the garage...do you know who they are? Is anyone supposed to stop by?" "No...Holly's supposed to be in school, so I don't know." "Oh, Ok, it must be Holly then." Why would he realize it must be Holly when Karen just told him she's supposed to be in school? Why wouldn't he say "well, if Holly's in school, I don't know who the 2 people in the garage are?" Again, I still at this point do not suspect any wrongdoing on the part of the family, but this sure as h*ll makes no sense.

C. BOBO: I saw the silhouette of two people in our garage. At the time I had no idea who either one of the people were. And then come to realize later that that was my sister and her abductor.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Wait, in the garage?

You were -- how do you -- when you`re asleep -- I`m just trying to get a picture. You`re asleep and then how do you see what`s going on in the garage? Ok, the dog barks, you wake up. Are you on the same level -- it`s all one floor.

C. BOBO: Right. Yes, we have a one story house?

VELEZ-MITCHELL: And you walk into the garage?

C. BOBO: No, I saw them from inside the house and they were outside the house in the garage.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: They were in the garage or outside the garage?

C. BOBO: They were inside the garage.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Ok so as you watched, it was a man inside the garage with your sister and then what happens?

C. BOBO: And then I got in touch with my mom and found out that Holly was supposed to be in school that morning and realized that that must have been her at the house and then I looked back out and saw Holly and a male walking towards the woods and that`s the last time I saw her.

Location hidden

#87952 Mar 27, 2012
(sorry for posting the clip of the JVM interview-I know we've all seen it 5 million times thanks to AS, but wanted to reference what I was talking about - I'll only post it once LOL)

Location hidden

#87953 Mar 27, 2012
Fed_the_F_up wrote:
<quoted text>
As a parent my worst nightmare would be knowing my child was in danger and not knowing where they were. I don't know what I would do. I can't even imagine if I knew it was someone in my community, someone close and they were walking free still.
ITA, I can't even begin to imagine. Losing a child has to be unbearable pain-but to have your child simply disappear...I think it would drive me either crazy or to suicide. I don't think I could handle the not knowing. As a parent, you do everything you can to keep your child from ever being hurt and like you said, knowing your child is in danger and not being able to get to them, to help them and protect them...just heartbreaking. To say goodbye to your smiling daughter and an hour later be thrust into a living nightmare..one way or another, I pray this family gets answers soon. If she is gone, at least if they know that, they can begin trying to heal. There is no grieving, no healing when you're in limbo.
<3

Washington, DC

#87954 Mar 28, 2012
Plick wrote:
<quoted text>T.B goes to court march 29th.
Do you people really think TB has anything to do with this- everyone of you will be so disappointed when nothing comes up in the trial.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Parsons Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ams 1 hr Girlrules 1
Heather Todd 4 hr Glorious 3
Michael Alexander (Jun '14) 11 hr MyNametoo2 27
HOT blonde 13 hr NB wat 3
unsafe/safe neighborhoods in parsons 15 hr baddaboombaddabing 2
Corner Grill 17 hr love to eat 9
Tiffani Shea Mon BlahBlahBlah 6
More from around the web

Parsons People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE