Authorities: 20 Year old Holly Bobo A...

Authorities: 20 Year old Holly Bobo Abducted in Decatur County

There are 236699 comments on the MidSouthNewz story from Apr 13, 2011, titled Authorities: 20 Year old Holly Bobo Abducted in Decatur County. In it, MidSouthNewz reports that:

Authorities in Decatur and Henderson County as well as the Tennessee Highway Patrol and Tennessee Bureau of Investigation are searching for 20 year old Holly Bobo.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at MidSouthNewz.

Neelie

Harper Woods, MI

#80711 Mar 1, 2012
Gambler wrote:
<quoted text>
I find the use of the word "Authorities" useless.
If it was a TBI spokesperson, then why not say that?
If it came from another source, name them.
It's too poufy vague for the subject matter.
Don't you think?
I agree it would come from Kristen Helm....
Neelie

Harper Woods, MI

#80712 Mar 1, 2012
LOL has anyone checked out whitney duncans FB page!
She is asking her fans to fund her new cd
Her record label dropped her and she is on her own now...
These ppl are sending her money !
Gambler

Townsend, GA

#80713 Mar 1, 2012
Neelie wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree it would come from Kristen Helm....
It's a bit strange for a "news" outlet to miss a golden
opportunity to clear up the matter by saying it came from
KH, or another named spokesperson from the TBI, if that is indeed
who confirmed use of cadaver dogs.

I am not so sure who they consider the Authority in this case.

Would they print a story based on search individuals without
having that confirmed as well, by "The Authorities"?
Like you need to get a confirmation on dogs but not what they supposedly found?
I mean we are talking about reportedly finding a body or remains!!!
Just a mom

Jonesboro, AR

#80714 Mar 1, 2012
Gambler wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, it's like this. The TBI didn't hold a presser.
Sheriff Harris didn't have a presser.
He didn't arrive back in Alabama and ring up the media and
say, hey guess what we've been doing and look what we found?
The Alabama media didn't have any idea this was ongoing to ask.
There are no investigative journalists.
So who told them anything?
Who sent out a press release to the media in Alabama, but not to the media in Tennessee about this search?
I think there is a PR team involved very closely with this case and always has been.
Skewing information the way they choose to? Sad. And for what purpose, if you are correct? I just don't get it. There was a post the other day by someone who was sort of ranting about the possiblity of LE keeping certain facts (my words)away from public for the safety of others in the community...or that is how I interpreted what was posted. Giving accurate information and not giving potential witness names/specifics, etc. are two different things altogether in my view.

Obviously I am not an LE basher, but if I lived in that community--knew the Bobos personally...I would probably be in trouble for the fit I would at least TRY to throw over this case!

I really hope & pray when this is all said and done--we will all know why things have been handled the way that they have...

I just wish Holly's family would not have to sit back and go through the anguish they must be experiencing over losing Holly, and not having a clue to what all is being done to find her.:(
Whatever

Panama City Beach, FL

#80715 Mar 1, 2012
Neelie wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to admit that was sure a visual to me that the dogs had to be carried of the thick brush! that is so not true! Dogs can go anywhere lol
The report indicated that the handlers didn't want their dogs to be scratched up and injured in the underbrush, so even in April the woods must have been quite thick - doesn't matter anyway, as a good search dog can pick up a scent in the air. I think it is a non-issue.
Neelie

Harper Woods, MI

#80716 Mar 1, 2012
Gambler wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a bit strange for a "news" outlet to miss a golden
opportunity to clear up the matter by saying it came from
KH, or another named spokesperson from the TBI, if that is indeed
who confirmed use of cadaver dogs.
I am not so sure who they consider the Authority in this case.
Would they print a story based on search individuals without
having that confirmed as well, by "The Authorities"?
Like you need to get a confirmation on dogs but not what they supposedly found?
I mean we are talking about reportedly finding a body or remains!!!
Well no one is saying Sheet now!
They must be having a pow wow to see how they get themselves out of this one!

I have never seen a case like this ever!

The TBI did they they contacted them to search!
Why the conflicting info on what was or was not found.
Unless someones remains were found.... but i do think they would have to say remains were found but then again this is parsons tennessee and everything comming out of there is conflicting no matter who says it!
Ricky

Bixby, OK

#80717 Mar 1, 2012
Neelie wrote:
<quoted text>
True that i live in florida we have very dense brush here also.
But if the dogs couldnt get thru then Holly and camo man didnt either.
I agree that if certain parts were too thick for dogs, then it would be too thick for humans too. People that have never seen really thick stuff is hard to imagine for them. A funny story is one time, we encountered some really REALLY thick stuff and it was so thick, we would jump on top of it + crawl on top, and it held us up off the ground. We literally crawled over the top of the thick brush without ever touching the ground. It was hilarious and we had a blast in that stuff.
Whatever

Panama City Beach, FL

#80718 Mar 1, 2012
Wolfscratch Glenn Adams wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever, ya hit the nail on he head...We touched on this a few days ago. This lack o9f communication is referred too as Linkage Blindnes; a term coined by Criminologist DR. Egger in the 1970's. The DC/AL Sheriff was simply left out of the investigative loupe by the TBI..IMO, the AL Sheriff was forced to change his original statement...
In the following article on investigative obstacles, simply substitute the term sexual predator(T. Britt) for serial killer. Many sexual predators escalate, hone their skills, and eventually become serial killers.
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search...
* Obstacles to (sexual predator)Serial Murder Investigations – Associated …
*'Linkage blindness' is a key reason serial murders go undetected. A serial murderer and a mass murderer are two different categories of killer.…
Why was T. Britt; Sexual Predator, oblivious to Law Enforcement for over 3 decades?
Linkage Blindness – Murders occurring in many different jurisdictions may not be linked due to agencies’ lack of cooperation with each other or lack of information accessibility.
Thus a serial killer may go undetected for long periods of time due to linkage blindness between several cases.
Analyzing Previous Investigations – The failure to review previous investigators’ procedures in serial killer investigations is also a common problem. Prior serial killer cases, which have been solved, can give an investigative team vital information and direction on how to proceed with a current investigation. This information however, is rarely used.
This comment is not designed to be critical of law enforcement, only to point out the potential pitfalls inherent in a serial murder investigation. When one knows where the pitfalls lie, they can be avoided or a course over, around or through them can be charted.
(snipped - read more)
References
Apsche, J. 1993, Probing The Mind Of A Serial Killer
Egger, Steven A.,(2002), The Killers Among Us, 2nd Edition
WS
We also don't know what kind of relationship is going on right now between the Decatur Co. LE and the TBI - it could be strained due to the way this case was handled and other organizations were brought in, leaving them behind in the search efforts.
Whatever

Panama City Beach, FL

#80719 Mar 1, 2012
Neelie wrote:
<quoted text>
True that i live in florida we have very dense brush here also.
But if the dogs couldnt get thru then Holly and camo man didnt either.
Exactly - and they didn't, IMO. That is why the dogs could not pick up a scent pass the tree line.
Gambler

Townsend, GA

#80720 Mar 1, 2012
Neelie wrote:
LOL has anyone checked out whitney duncans FB page!
She is asking her fans to fund her new cd
Her record label dropped her and she is on her own now...
These ppl are sending her money !
Yikes!

Prepare to throw icons!

What is with these people and fundraisers?
If Warner Bros. is dropping her, having fans pay for her
albums is not going to save her career anyway.
She knew that she didn't have much of a music career or she
wouldn't have been a cast on "Survivor".

JMO

Ready, aim, fire at will!!
Neelie

Harper Woods, MI

#80721 Mar 1, 2012
Ricky wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree that if certain parts were too thick for dogs, then it would be too thick for humans too. People that have never seen really thick stuff is hard to imagine for them. A funny story is one time, we encountered some really REALLY thick stuff and it was so thick, we would jump on top of it + crawl on top, and it held us up off the ground. We literally crawled over the top of the thick brush without ever touching the ground. It was hilarious and we had a blast in that stuff.
LOL you can make a fort in it!
Neelie

Harper Woods, MI

#80722 Mar 1, 2012
Gambler wrote:
<quoted text>
Yikes!
Prepare to throw icons!
What is with these people and fundraisers?
If Warner Bros. is dropping her, having fans pay for her
albums is not going to save her career anyway.
She knew that she didn't have much of a music career or she
wouldn't have been a cast on "Survivor".
JMO
Ready, aim, fire at will!!
Not only that she is using the ruse that she is going to write a song for Holly!

come on!!!!!!!!!!

How to milk your fans!

Since: Feb 10

Huntsville, AL

#80723 Mar 1, 2012
Brea Ashley wrote:
<quoted text>
I think she was abducted and she's either dead in the river or woods or a sex slave in another country. Don't you people watch Investigation Discovery? Happens all the time. And have u ever seen the movie Taken? Now unless Liam Neeson is going to look for her, chances are, she won't be found. And it's almost been a year so chances of her being alive are slim to none. Very sad but probable.
Well aren't you the epitome of "Little Miss Susie Sunshine"! Listen, I understand what you are saying. However, I have to ask. If it were YOUR daughter out there, would you have this attitude about her also? And how would you feel if others around you had this attitude about YOUR daughter? Would you just give up and say, "Well, it's been almost a year. She is either dead in the river or woods or worse (yes there are things worse than death)." Or would you never give up hope, and pray that every time the phone rang or there was a knock on your door that it would bring news of your daughter's safety and with it the knowledge that you would soon be able to wrap your arms around her once again? Wouldn't you cling to the very last thread of hope in your being and gain solace in your heart by knowing that others around you felt the same way?

It is easy for one to lean toward the negative when they are on the outside looking in. This isn't a movie. This is real life. Just like you said, "it happens all the time". And I agree ... tragically, it really does. Regardless of the continuous evolution of theories on what happened to this young woman, one thing is constant. She is still someone's child, sister, grandchild, best friend and is generally loved dearly by a great deal of people. Dead or alive, Holly's and many other lives have been forever altered by this tragedy. Where we all have the luxury of being able to log off and go on with our lives, for these people, this is a lifetime emotional investment. A tad of empathy and sensitivity toward the family and frankly, toward Holly herself would be nice and I'm sure, would be well appreciated.

Liam Neeson? Really??
Neelie

Harper Woods, MI

#80724 Mar 1, 2012
Gambler wrote:
<quoted text>
Yikes!
Prepare to throw icons!
What is with these people and fundraisers?
If Warner Bros. is dropping her, having fans pay for her
albums is not going to save her career anyway.
She knew that she didn't have much of a music career or she
wouldn't have been a cast on "Survivor".
JMO
Ready, aim, fire at will!!
funny thing is ppl are telling her not cheat on her new BF like she cheated on her husband .....
Ricky

Bixby, OK

#80725 Mar 1, 2012
Just a mom wrote:
<quoted text>
Skewing information the way they choose to? Sad. And for what purpose, if you are correct? I just don't get it. There was a post the other day by someone who was sort of ranting about the possiblity of LE keeping certain facts (my words)away from public for the safety of others in the community...or that is how I interpreted what was posted. Giving accurate information and not giving potential witness names/specifics, etc. are two different things altogether in my view.
Obviously I am not an LE basher, but if I lived in that community--knew the Bobos personally...I would probably be in trouble for the fit I would at least TRY to throw over this case!
I really hope & pray when this is all said and done--we will all know why things have been handled the way that they have...
I just wish Holly's family would not have to sit back and go through the anguish they must be experiencing over losing Holly, and not having a clue to what all is being done to find her.:(
I totally agree. Most all of us just want LE to hurry up and solve this so that the family can heal. It has been way too long.

I don't understand why everything from the very beginning has been wrought with confusion and contradictions. It did not have to be this way. If some evidence was found, that would be good news in a kind of way, so I don't understand them wanting to squash that news. They don't have to provide any details, just acknowledge some things were found and are being looked at. May turn out to be nothing, but why twist + hide the truth about things. It doesnt make any sense, and it causes more questions to be raised.

This whole case has been like this from very beginning, and it didn't have to be this way, if they would just be honest + open about things, and they dont have to provide any specifics about anything is fine. But, by leaving everything a mystery and no information provided, it is ridiculous and very sad.
IMO only of course.
Gambler

Townsend, GA

#80726 Mar 1, 2012
Neelie wrote:
<quoted text>
Not only that she is using the ruse that she is going to write a song for Holly!
come on!!!!!!!!!!
How to milk your fans!
I saw her song.
Then I went to check out her lyrics for
other songs she has written.

To be perfectly honest, I thought this looked
like it could have taken 10 minutes on the back
of an envelope compared to others she's done.

It appeared to me to be a cya move because it had never
occured to her before to write a song for Holly until
now when her career has hit the skids.

Icon Umbrella Shield ~activated!~
Whatever

Panama City Beach, FL

#80727 Mar 1, 2012
Ricky wrote:
<quoted text>
I totally agree. Most all of us just want LE to hurry up and solve this so that the family can heal. It has been way too long.
I don't understand why everything from the very beginning has been wrought with confusion and contradictions. It did not have to be this way. If some evidence was found, that would be good news in a kind of way, so I don't understand them wanting to squash that news. They don't have to provide any details, just acknowledge some things were found and are being looked at. May turn out to be nothing, but why twist + hide the truth about things. It doesnt make any sense, and it causes more questions to be raised.
This whole case has been like this from very beginning, and it didn't have to be this way, if they would just be honest + open about things, and they dont have to provide any specifics about anything is fine. But, by leaving everything a mystery and no information provided, it is ridiculous and very sad.
IMO only of course.
It may not be this way at all, but it does appear like someone is trying to protect SOMEONE, and they are just hoping the perp isn't whom they are afraid it is. But on the other hand, no one would be trying to protect Terry Britt - everyone knows he is a scumbag.
Neelie

Harper Woods, MI

#80728 Mar 1, 2012
kas61 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well aren't you the epitome of "Little Miss Susie Sunshine"! Listen, I understand what you are saying. However, I have to ask. If it were YOUR daughter out there, would you have this attitude about her also? And how would you feel if others around you had this attitude about YOUR daughter? Would you just give up and say, "Well, it's been almost a year. She is either dead in the river or woods or worse (yes there are things worse than death)." Or would you never give up hope, and pray that every time the phone rang or there was a knock on your door that it would bring news of your daughter's safety and with it the knowledge that you would soon be able to wrap your arms around her once again? Wouldn't you cling to the very last thread of hope in your being and gain solace in your heart by knowing that others around you felt the same way?
It is easy for one to lean toward the negative when they are on the outside looking in. This isn't a movie. This is real life. Just like you said, "it happens all the time". And I agree ... tragically, it really does. Regardless of the continuous evolution of theories on what happened to this young woman, one thing is constant. She is still someone's child, sister, grandchild, best friend and is generally loved dearly by a great deal of people. Dead or alive, Holly's and many other lives have been forever altered by this tragedy. Where we all have the luxury of being able to log off and go on with our lives, for these people, this is a lifetime emotional investment. A tad of empathy and sensitivity toward the family and frankly, toward Holly herself would be nice and I'm sure, would be well appreciated.
Liam Neeson? Really??
LOL go read her posts on the other forums that was tame!
Neelie

Harper Woods, MI

#80729 Mar 1, 2012
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
It may not be this way at all, but it does appear like someone is trying to protect SOMEONE, and they are just hoping the perp isn't whom they are afraid it is. But on the other hand, no one would be trying to protect Terry Britt - everyone knows he is a scumbag.
EXACTLYYYYYYY!!!!!
Neelie

Harper Woods, MI

#80730 Mar 1, 2012
Gambler wrote:
<quoted text>
I saw her song.
Then I went to check out her lyrics for
other songs she has written.
To be perfectly honest, I thought this looked
like it could have taken 10 minutes on the back
of an envelope compared to others she's done.
It appeared to me to be a cya move because it had never
occured to her before to write a song for Holly until
now when her career has hit the skids.
Icon Umbrella Shield ~activated!~
I think she ruined her own career!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Parsons Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mason Niece 9 hr guest 16
News Autry talked of jailhouse conversion (May '14) 10 hr JER29 49
shanna duke inman 19 hr Waiting 7
Amanda candler Fri Cameron 32
News Holly Bobo suspect indicted on 2 counts of rape (Oct '14) Thu hmm 135
Conway (May '14) Jun 23 MyNametoo2 310
big bust in parsons?? (May '12) Jun 22 Mizzmaness 264
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Parsons Mortgages