Authorities: 20 Year old Holly Bobo A...

Authorities: 20 Year old Holly Bobo Abducted in Decatur County

There are 269989 comments on the MidSouthNewz story from Apr 13, 2011, titled Authorities: 20 Year old Holly Bobo Abducted in Decatur County. In it, MidSouthNewz reports that:

Authorities in Decatur and Henderson County as well as the Tennessee Highway Patrol and Tennessee Bureau of Investigation are searching for 20 year old Holly Bobo.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at MidSouthNewz.

Whatever

Panama City Beach, FL

#80748 Mar 1, 2012
Brea Ashley wrote:
<quoted text>
It's terrible.... But reality is reality. And if it were my daughter, I would rather that she be in heaven than being tortured and raped. And that's just honesty.
I agree.

Medon, TN

#80749 Mar 1, 2012
Hope 4 Holly wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, Will did work for a TV station. The Bobo's at the time were very quiet and not able to say much. As it should be. If you look back, very limited info is coming from them at all. Same reasons as I stated above. It would only hinder the case to lay all the cards on the table.
No one needs to say SHEET till the person responsible has a big enough case against him that he does NOT walk away a free man. What's so hard to understand about that?
Yes, some things get leaked, whether true, half true or what not. They have every right to change, deny or whatever they need to do to protect the integrity of the case. Once again, we, the public want to know, but have NO RIGHT to know anything that would feed the perp and help him evade.
Then why bother to involve the public in the first place? You have to take the good with the bad.It is not our fault the media can't keep their stories straight!I would be more upset if people weren't paying attention.Should we have said ok Holly is missing but the LE will handle it so no need to worry?Talk or keep our mouth shut? Little late now for either one of these options.

Medon, TN

#80750 Mar 1, 2012
*jmo
Abducton Skeptic

Canada

#80751 Mar 1, 2012
Neelie wrote:
Have they ever searched landfills?
Considering Holly's boyfriend and father's whereabouts on the morning of April 13th ... has an official grid search been conducted on Grandma's Bath Springs 60 acre property.
When my theory is considered ... I strongly feel that when the resting place of Holly Bobo is ultimately located ... it will be in a location/setting that is meaningful to her and her family. In other words ... Holly's remains were not dumped in a body of water ... were not left in the open for animals to devour and scatter ... where placed in a landfill and ... were not wrapped in a blanket and placed in a shed.
getreal

Jackson, TN

#80752 Mar 1, 2012
agree, can't have it both ways.
guest wrote:
<quoted text>Then why bother to involve the public in the first place? You have to take the good with the bad.It is not our fault the media can't keep their stories straight!I would be more upset if people weren't paying attention.Should we have said ok Holly is missing but the LE will handle it so no need to worry?Talk or keep our mouth shut? Little late now for either one of these options.
Abducton Skeptic

Canada

#80753 Mar 1, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>Then why bother to involve the public in the first place? You have to take the good with the bad.It is not our fault the media can't keep their stories straight!I would be more upset if people weren't paying attention.Should we have said ok Holly is missing but the LE will handle it so no need to worry?Talk or keep our mouth shut? Little late now for either one of these options.
Could it be that last weekend's search may have been a dog and pony show orchestrated by the TBI to convince the court of public opinion that the Holly Bobo case is still an open investigation.
Think about it. Why was this land not official searched long ago. TBI was aware from the getgo of the SOs who resided in the area.
DeKalb County Investigators Join Bobo Search
Last Update: 12:30 pm
Sheriff Harris says his deputies were contacted on February 14th and asked to help search near Lexington. The mounted patrol unit was dispatched and assisted for three days.
http://www.waaytv.com/news/local/story/DeKalb...
Henderson

Kernersville, NC

#80754 Mar 1, 2012
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
It may not be this way at all, but it does appear like someone is trying to protect SOMEONE, and they are just hoping the perp isn't whom they are afraid it is.

But on the other hand, no one would be trying to protect Terry Britt - everyone knows he is a scumbag.
Whatever, Bingo!
Something or someone is definitely being covered up in this case....starting with the very first days.

It only makes sense, the cover-ups/smoking mirrors, would NOT be to protect a SO or a stranger abduction....
I've noticed it very odd, no one is using the words, abduction, kidnapped, home invasion or in danger, left in fear of her life,....anymore.
Listed as only missing. That implies to me, someone is going 'soft' on the 'supposed' abductor.

If there wasn't an abductor, then what happened?

so is someone covering someone's' a*s ? IF so why? What happened to Holly and when???
countrt

United States

#80755 Mar 1, 2012
Abducton Skeptic wrote:
Why would Clint think for one minute that Drew would have carried a freshly killed turkey through the woods to the Bobo home to show Holly? I can only imagine that Holly had seen a lot of turkeys in her lifetime.
Think about it. The "turkey/silhouettes" segment of Clint's story did not emerge until four months following the alleged abduction of his sister. In the initial press conferences ... LE/TBI spokespersons stated that Clint looked out the window and observed Holly and a male dressed camouflage in entering the woods.
ISSUES WITH JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL
Aired August 4, 2011 - 19:00:00 ET
VELEZ-MITCHELL: So where did you find the blood?
C. BOBO: It was in the garage, under where I saw the silhouette of them kneeled down in the garage.
VELEZ-MITCHELL: When you saw them kneeling down did you think to ask them or approach them? How far away were you?
C. BOBO: No, I assumed -- I was inside the house and I assumed that that was Holly and her boyfriend Drew and he was dressed in full camouflage so I thought that Drew had been to the woods and killed a turkey and brought it back to the house and the two were sitting there over the turkey talking. After I saw the blood, I thought that was blood of a turkey that Drew had killed.
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1108/0...
Final hours with Holly Family, friends, police reconstruct time before Holly Bobo's abduction
October 8, 2011
“When I walked out the back door, I saw a small puddle of blood, and I still wasn’t alarmed because who I thought was with her boyfriend was dressed in camo,”
Clint said.“I thought,“He’s killed a turkey up here on this trail behind the house and brought it to the house to show Holly before she goes to school.”“The thing is there was not a turkey,” Clint said,“I wondered why they would take the turkey back to the woods unless they were walking back to put the turkey in his truck.
http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20120101/NE...
Guys show their wives / girlfriends their dead turkeys all the time. It's not like we care, it's just a guy thing. It's a country thing. If u don't understand, you are not from around here.
country

United States

#80756 Mar 1, 2012
Wolfscratch Glenn Adams wrote:
<quoted text>Whatever, ya hit the nail on he head...We touched on this a few days ago. This lack o9f communication is referred too as Linkage Blindnes; a term coined by Criminologist DR. Egger in the 1970's. The DC/AL Sheriff was simply left out of the investigative loupe by the TBI..IMO, the AL Sheriff was forced to change his original statement...

In the following article on investigative obstacles, simply substitute the term sexual predator(T. Britt) for serial killer. Many sexual predators escalate, hone their skills, and eventually become serial killers.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search...

* Obstacles to (sexual predator)Serial Murder Investigations – Associated …

*'Linkage blindness' is a key reason serial murders go undetected. A serial murderer and a mass murderer are two different categories of killer.…

Why was T. Britt; Sexual Predator, oblivious to Law Enforcement for over 3 decades?

Linkage Blindness – Murders occurring in many different jurisdictions may not be linked due to agencies’ lack of cooperation with each other or lack of information accessibility.

Thus a serial killer may go undetected for long periods of time due to linkage blindness between several cases.

Analyzing Previous Investigations – The failure to review previous investigators’ procedures in serial killer investigations is also a common problem. Prior serial killer cases, which have been solved, can give an investigative team vital information and direction on how to proceed with a current investigation. This information however, is rarely used.

This comment is not designed to be critical of law enforcement, only to point out the potential pitfalls inherent in a serial murder investigation. When one knows where the pitfalls lie, they can be avoided or a course over, around or through them can be charted.

(snipped - read more)

References

Apsche, J. 1993, Probing The Mind Of A Serial Killer

Egger, Steven A.,(2002), The Killers Among Us, 2nd Edition

WS
You seem to be entirely to involved with this. It comes off as creepy dude.
Whatever

Panama City Beach, FL

#80758 Mar 1, 2012
Henderson wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever, Bingo!
Something or someone is definitely being covered up in this case....starting with the very first days.
It only makes sense, the cover-ups/smoking mirrors, would NOT be to protect a SO or a stranger abduction....
I've noticed it very odd, no one is using the words, abduction, kidnapped, home invasion or in danger, left in fear of her life,....anymore.
Listed as only missing. That implies to me, someone is going 'soft' on the 'supposed' abductor.
If there wasn't an abductor, then what happened?
so is someone covering someone's' a*s ? IF so why? What happened to Holly and when???
A very good and insightful post, IMO.

“Public Safety: "Saving Lives"”

Since: Jul 11

Jasper, GA

#80759 Mar 1, 2012
Lies Within wrote:
<quoted text>
It's really sad - I sure wish they would pull it together. I was just over there reading about Terry Britt - I feel so sorry for the girl that is posting over there she sounds like he terrorized her. I sure hope he had nothing to do with Holly because I fear the worst after reading what she said. On the flip side there is still a possibility that she is alive and well. I just wish they would catch the perp.
RE: I was just over there reading about Terry Britt - I feel so sorry for the girl that is posting over there she sounds like he terrorized her.

Got a link, LW?

WS
saywhatfoo

United States

#80760 Mar 1, 2012
Momma knows wrote:
The family knows what happened.
I would be willing to bet there was some incest going on there and when she got a BF her brother got mad and went off and accidentally killed her.
the family is covering for him.
Or mom walked in and found bro and sis in bed doing the nasty and went off and accidentally killed her. Maybe she was mad because they were doing it and its incest or maybe she was mad because she got jealous because she was having an affair with her son
Mom was definitely faking the crying and knows where the body is.
Dad, I am not sure about but mom and bro both know the truth and they are in on it.
99% of the time its always a family member.
reminds me of jonbenet Ramsey just older.
hmmmmmmmmmm, the deets may be a bit ugly and unnecessary (one needed add what one doesn't know for sure) however this poster is going in the direction that supports the only for sure thing in this tragedy. Her brother saw her last and lied about his story. Nobody that is innocent has ANY reason to lie and pervert the course of the investigation.
Neelie

Harper Woods, MI

#80761 Mar 1, 2012
TimetoFindHer wrote:
<quoted text>
I've always wondered about that myself.
You always hear where they search landfills but we didnt hear that in this case. Wonder why?
Whatever

Panama City Beach, FL

#80762 Mar 1, 2012
Neelie wrote:
<quoted text>
You always hear where they search landfills but we didnt hear that in this case. Wonder why?
No landfills in the area?

Medon, TN

#80763 Mar 1, 2012
I would ask every neighbor within at least a 10 mile radious, to sit down and write everything and everybody they saw that morning.Ask friends,family etc. if people they know were where they were suppost to be.Somewhere,somebody had to see or hear something.Someone had to be out of place.Apparently the neighbors didn't see a vehicle.He heard scream so more than likely he looked toward their house.Told his mother,so she prolly looked out to see what she could see.Neighbor son left for work,what did he see or notice anything on the way?I would think if an atv was used,someone could have heard it.If only the neighbors son had just taken time to check things out for himself after the scream he might have caught them red handed.But he could have also gotten hurt or disappeared also.I would have been afraid to go onto work and leave my mother at home alone.If someone is screaming usually something is wrong.Sheriff Roy said in interview(live)mom was there when he arrived.jmo
Plick

White Bluff, TN

#80764 Mar 1, 2012
Wolfscratch Glenn Adams wrote:
<quoted text>
RE: I was just over there reading about Terry Britt - I feel so sorry for the girl that is posting over there she sounds like he terrorized her.
Got a link, LW?
WS
This is the link to the thread LW is talking about. The story the girls is telling is really sad and I hope she follows through and they keep him behind bars where he belongs!
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/parsons-tn/T1...
Whatever

Panama City Beach, FL

#80765 Mar 1, 2012
Must be one near Bob's Landing Road?

http://www.decaturcountytn.org/articles/solid...

“Public Safety: "Saving Lives"”

Since: Jul 11

Jasper, GA

#80766 Mar 1, 2012
http://merrimack.patch.com/articles/two-missi...

Two Missing Girls Found Close to Home

Merrimack Police are urging residents to register for their various alert systems after their Nixle text and email alerts have successfully brought three missing people home in the last seven days.

On Tuesday, the parents of two 7-year-old girls reported them missing to police at 3:58 p.m. The girls had been seen playing in the yard at 111 Baboosoc Lake Road approximately 30 to 45 minutes before their parents called police.

The parents told police they'd searched the area but hadn't found the girls. Officers also conducted a quick search of the property and checked with nearby neighbors to no avail.

"Due to the onset of darkness, the Merrimack Fire Department was notified along with State Police K-9 units to assist in the search," Lt. Dean KillKelley said in a press released issued Tuesday night. "Police activated the A Child Is Missing phone alert program along with the Nixle mobile phone and e-mail alerts, notifying residents of the missing girls."

The Nixle alert, sent at 4:29 p.m. informed residents that two little girls, Julia and Molly, were missing and had last been seen around 3:45 p.m. Julia was described as 53 inches tall with brown hair, wearing black pants, a pink jacket with a blue and white top. Molly was described as 56 inches tall, also with brown hair, wearing leggings, and a pink, white and blue jacket with peace symbols.

Within minutes of sending the alerts, police dispatch received three phone calls from Tanglewood Way residents who said they'd read the Nixle alert and had seen the girls in the woods on their road.

Police were able to located the girls and reunite them with their parents at 4:45 p.m., just 16 minutes after notifying the public, KillKelley said. Tanglewood Way is less than a quarter mile along the roads from 111 Baboosic Lake Road, however it is also separated by a small patch of woodland behind the home where the girls had last been seen.

Last Friday morning, police used the same alert systems to notify residents of a missing 87-year-old, memory-impaired man who'd wandered away from his 229 Daniel Webster Highway home sometime around 4 a.m.

Police sent the alert at 8:56 a.m. and minutes later received a call from a woman who said she'd seen the man, Robert Higgins, in the parking garage at Fidelity Investments. Higgins was confirmed found at 9:14 a.m.
TimetoFindHer

Parsons, TN

#80767 Mar 1, 2012
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
No landfills in the area?
There is a landfill in Bath Springs.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#80768 Mar 1, 2012
Why don't you all get off your fat behinds and go look for her remains instead of speculating on here? Idiots.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Parsons Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election 39 min wow 7
Bears in the colon? Sat Jus sayin 2
Police officers in Decatur county ? Jun 22 Concerned citizen 1
July 4th Jun 21 Tenn 1
Drugs and lots of traffic on Cooley ave Jun 17 Lowdown692004 6
Jason Autry (Apr '14) Jun 17 JER29 2,611
Black dodge flat bed Jun 11 Danielle n todd 2

Parsons Jobs

Personal Finance

Parsons Mortgages