Authorities: 20 Year old Holly Bobo A...

Authorities: 20 Year old Holly Bobo Abducted in Decatur County

There are 242684 comments on the MidSouthNewz story from Apr 13, 2011, titled Authorities: 20 Year old Holly Bobo Abducted in Decatur County. In it, MidSouthNewz reports that:

Authorities in Decatur and Henderson County as well as the Tennessee Highway Patrol and Tennessee Bureau of Investigation are searching for 20 year old Holly Bobo.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at MidSouthNewz.

Citizen with Healthcare

Columbia, TN

#71895 Jan 26, 2012
kas61 wrote:
<quoted text>
Key words there Anon ... "common sense" and "normal" LOL
I guess it is normal and common sense to accuse someone of something without a motive.

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#71896 Jan 26, 2012
Citizen with Healthcare wrote:
<quoted text>Whats your theory and proof old wise one LOL? Was it something I said in another post perhaps?

Oh lucky citizen with healthcare, i dont need to provide proof, you do! You made the tax return claim which was never mentioned before...let me guess..your proof is from an email from the good ol tactical sar team
josy

United States

#71897 Jan 26, 2012
The first day local LE, FBI, & TBI were there. If I remember right, later on they said they were going to have new people come in and look at the case. Hell everybody was there the first day who would be left?
Could the new pew people coming in maybe was to come in and look how LE handled it?
anon

Bedford, OH

#71898 Jan 26, 2012
Lies Within wrote:
This is not an unsolved mystery – We just don’t have all the facts.
You got to figure the things that confuse us are already known to the family and TBI…
The 911 calls, timeline of the phone calls between Clint and Karen and everyone else. Any evidence we are not aware of, what was actually going on in Holly’s and her family’s life at the time – TBI has access to all that info and this is not their first rodeo.
We can read between the lies and come up with a 25 min. timeline in which every detail of the abduction occurred. TBI has enough info to narrow that down just by looking at the call logs. They also have statements from everyone close to Holly so a simple observation of the statements will show the conflicts.
We are no longer hearing from the family or TBI - Why is that?
I figure it as this, either they know who is involved but don’t know where Holly is or they know who was involved, know where Holly is. But either way they cannot prove it.
I think they have knew this from the issuance of the statement that they were “only one clue away.”
I think anyone who thinks she just walked away is nuts. For those that think Clint was involved if he was he had to have help. If she is alive she then she is being held either by the perp or LE – Let’s hope and pray it is the latter.
Totally agree!You and I are on exactly the same page.
anon

Bedford, OH

#71899 Jan 26, 2012
emb1234 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh lucky citizen with healthcare, i dont need to provide proof, you do! You made the tax return claim which was never mentioned before...let me guess..your proof is from an email from the good ol tactical sar team
LOL That wouldn't surprise me. Lots of problems with that, one being that being in school, she'd be a dependent on her parents' return, the other being she worked part-time, likely for minimum wage, how large of a return could it be?
anon

Bedford, OH

#71900 Jan 26, 2012
Citizen with Healthcare wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess it is normal and common sense to accuse someone of something without a motive.
I know you're not speaking of me, because you've never seen me accuse him...but a tax refund on likely a couple thousand dollar income would hardly be a motive.
Gambler

Townsend, GA

#71901 Jan 26, 2012
mountain mama wrote:
<quoted text>
Copied and pasted from BOC Ricky. Maybe this is where you read it.
In approximately 40 minutes, when Clint headed outside to start his day, he noticed Holly’s car in the driveway, and immediately called Holly’s boyfriend, who is not considered a suspect, to inquire what the two were up to.
Holly’s boyfriend, whose name is intentionally being withheld, had no idea what Clint was talking about, and soon afterward, Clint observed blood on the macadam on the carport area of the family’s home. Bobo immediately called 911, as did his Mother Karen, a schoolteacher, after she learned what was suspected to have happened, from her son. Neither call has been released.
Great sleuthing, MM!
Sooooo, who released his name to the media then?

And why oh, why was Clint allowed to change his account
about whether he got hold of Drew, from, "I don't know what
you are talking about to...uh, it rang 5 times and went to voice mail"?
mountain mama

Buckhannon, WV

#71902 Jan 26, 2012
Gambler wrote:
<quoted text>
Great sleuthing, MM!
Sooooo, who released his name to the media then?
And why oh, why was Clint allowed to change his account
about whether he got hold of Drew, from, "I don't know what
you are talking about to...uh, it rang 5 times and went to voice mail"?
Both good questions and we will probably never know the answers. However, as I said earlier, I don't know how reliable that article is.
Gambler

Townsend, GA

#71903 Jan 26, 2012
Btw., I found the link for the early reports I wrote about Karen being there when the story was being characterized as a home invasion if anyone is interested.

The quote is..."Thursday Police say Clint's mother Karen witnessed the abduction".

“Public Safety: "Saving Lives"”

Since: Jul 11

Jasper, GA

#71904 Jan 26, 2012
Lies Within wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you on that – Wolfscratch put out a story about the Rogers murders in Florida way back in a May post, I think. That’s exactly what LE did in that case. It had gone cold, they released more info and that is exactly how they caught the killer.
1979 billboards were used & newspaper with sketch & handwriting of suspect. Cold case was solved due to an aware citizen and a detective determined that good would trump evil, no mater the cost..

1998— Feature Writing

Angels and Demons

Sunset - Chapter 1
By:
Thomas French

The Pulitzer Prizes | Angels and Demons

www.pulitzer.org/archives/7892

Angels and Demons. Sunset - Chapter 1. By: Thomas French ... "I believe there are demons all around us," he would say, "just as I believe there are angels all ...

Murder at Sunset
http://investigation.discovery.com/tv/on-the-...

This Sunday, Don't Miss The Two-Hour Special Starting at 9pm

When Jo, Michelle and Christie Rogers went on a vacation to Disney World, no one could have imagined they would wind up victims in a horrifying triple homicide. When their bodies were discovered bound and gagged in Tampa Bay, police realized almost all the evidence of who had killed them had been washed away. After a year of round the clock investigation, police found a report of another crime that had many similarities. Would the survivor of a sexual assault be able to lead them to the man who murdered the Rogers? This special two-hour On The Case features the first ever interview with the woman whose courage helped break the case.

ws
Citizen with Healthcare

Columbia, TN

#71905 Jan 26, 2012
emb1234 wrote:
<quoted text>
In answer to your question, I know nothing about "tactical sar" team.

Jasper, GA

#71906 Jan 26, 2012
Eileen wrote:
<quoted text>
No one comes here any longer.
All we do is fight whos right whos wrong
none of us have the answers. But it seems less and less come here any more.
'Eileen, you have followed abduction & missing/murdered persons cases long enough to know that their lulls in the news, as well as the forums analogous to a roller coaster ride. This forum has gone through these lulls in the past, yet here it is almost 10 months later and we are still here.
I have noticed that topix has moved the thread from Parsons to Scotts Hill, and seems like some other community before this. The viewer count has also been removed, or indicates only 5 viewers..
Prolly due to compaints, IMO...

WS
Whatever

Panama City Beach, FL

#71907 Jan 26, 2012
Gambler wrote:
Btw., I found the link for the early reports I wrote about Karen being there when the story was being characterized as a home invasion if anyone is interested.
The quote is..."Thursday Police say Clint's mother Karen witnessed the abduction".
This all goes back to the local media tripping over each other, trying to be 'first' with the news.
Gambler

Townsend, GA

#71908 Jan 26, 2012
mountain mama wrote:
<quoted text>
BOC is blink on crime and just go to blinkoncrime.com and scroll way down. Macadam used to mean a gravel surface, but nowadays it could be tar and chip or even blacktop. Who knows?
The choice to use "macadam" as a descriptive term is very unusual.
For the very reason illustrated. Most people aren't familiar with
the term.

I felt like it was almost intentionally ambiguous because it could be used to describe a concrete type patio surface, to the gravel driveway, to even their asphalt-type front driveway.

It seems to make the location of blood be as loosely pinpointed as possible.

Normally it means any aggregate surface paving material.

Jasper, GA

#71909 Jan 26, 2012
Lies Within wrote:

This is not an unsolved mystery – We just don’t have all the facts.
You got to figure the things that confuse us are already known to the family and TBI…
The 911 calls, timeline of the phone calls between Clint and Karen and everyone else. Any evidence we are not aware of, what was actually going on in Holly’s and her family’s life at the time – TBI has access to all that info and this is not their first rodeo.

We can read between the lies and come up with a 25 min. timeline in which every detail of the abduction occurred. TBI has enough info to narrow that down just by looking at the call logs. They also have statements from everyone close to Holly so a simple observation of the statements will show the conflicts.
We are no longer hearing from the family or TBI - Why is that?

RE: TBI has access to all that info and this is not their first rodeo.

Ya know, LW, many times a lot of truth is contained in jokes..
Couple years ago, I attended my first rodeo which happened to be in TN. The rodeo clown somehow got a hold of the mic. He said, "if their was a contageous disease in TN, the only folks wh wouldn't be quarantined is the TBI, because everyone knows that they can't catch nothin"...

WS
Gambler

Townsend, GA

#71910 Jan 26, 2012
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
This all goes back to the local media tripping over each other, trying to be 'first' with the news.
There was no media at the scene that day, so I don't
know what you mean.

All reports came out no earlier than 8pm Wed. evening.
Plenty of time to nail down a story with quotes, eh what?
mountain mama

Buckhannon, WV

#71911 Jan 26, 2012
Wolfscratch Glenn Adams wrote:
<quoted text>
'Eileen, you have followed abduction & missing/murdered persons cases long enough to know that their lulls in the news, as well as the forums analogous to a roller coaster ride. This forum has gone through these lulls in the past, yet here it is almost 10 months later and we are still here.
I have noticed that topix has moved the thread from Parsons to Scotts Hill, and seems like some other community before this. The viewer count has also been removed, or indicates only 5 viewers..
Prolly due to compaints, IMO...
WS
If you are talking about this thread, I still go to the Parsons Forum to see it and it shows 65 now viewing.
Gambler

Townsend, GA

#71912 Jan 26, 2012
Also, you may have noticed that the story said Police said THURSDAY...

Again, plenty of time to have spoken with the individuals and determined who was there and
who was not.
josy

United States

#71913 Jan 26, 2012
"As I was writing my statement, I guess I kind of had a feeling that we might not get Holly back right away," Clint said.

Tennessee Bureau of Investigation Special Agent John Mehr said the INFORMATION his agents RECORDED THAT MORNING DID NOT LEAD HIM TO BELIEVE people coming into the yard HINDERED THE INVESTIGATION.
"I don't believe that was the case," Mehr said. "We have to believe what was told to us by the initial responders, and the other thing is that we have a written record of what we saw and what we were told that morning. OTHER PEOPLE MAY TRY TO REMEMBER WHAT HAPPENED OR WHAT THEY SAID, BUT WE HAVE A RECORD OF IT. And I have no doubt the initial responders told us the truth."

There is a reason for him to believe people walking around the crime scene wouldn't hurt the investigation. What did he see that morning that made him come to that conclusion?
mountain mama

Buckhannon, WV

#71914 Jan 26, 2012
Gambler wrote:
<quoted text>
The choice to use "macadam" as a descriptive term is very unusual.
For the very reason illustrated. Most people aren't familiar with
the term.
I felt like it was almost intentionally ambiguous because it could be used to describe a concrete type patio surface, to the gravel driveway, to even their asphalt-type front driveway.
It seems to make the location of blood be as loosely pinpointed as possible.
Normally it means any aggregate surface paving material.
It's also possible that the writer of the article chose the word. This case is so confusing, almost nothing can be taken for granted. JMO

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Parsons Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Coggins test regulations in TN (Nov '11) Fri Dgs 9
Praters taters Fri Lost in your eyes 1
Dawn Gulledge (Dec '13) Thu uknowwhoboo 26
Looking for someone to cut and buy timber (Dec '13) Aug 22 We havin steak to... 15
Girls who's the best in bed (Nov '15) Aug 21 the best 32
Brandon Kelley (Aug '11) Aug 18 Memphis10 58
News Holly Bobo suspect trials not expected until 2017 (Nov '15) Aug 17 ItsAFactJack-- 56

Parsons Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Parsons Mortgages