Authorities: 20 Year old Holly Bobo A...

Authorities: 20 Year old Holly Bobo Abducted in Decatur County

There are 249201 comments on the MidSouthNewz story from Apr 13, 2011, titled Authorities: 20 Year old Holly Bobo Abducted in Decatur County. In it, MidSouthNewz reports that:

Authorities in Decatur and Henderson County as well as the Tennessee Highway Patrol and Tennessee Bureau of Investigation are searching for 20 year old Holly Bobo.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at MidSouthNewz.

Silent Observer

Charlotte, NC

#53503 Oct 26, 2011
Not-a-blonde wrote:
<quoted text>
And most of us didn't know we were living with multi-meth operations all around us, located in the woods until Holly was abducted. So many, the volunteer searchers couldn't keep from finding them. There was a huge number destroyed during that time, but can't remember the number. This was all verified by LE.
Oh I agree 100%...they probably ended up with much more than they bargained for with this one. But is doesn't (or shouldn't) preclude solving Holly's abduction. The drug labs can still be investigated. Those investigations should not take priority over the investigation into Holly. Hanging on to hope based on a "parallel investigation" is simply BS and I guess if my "panties are in a wad" it's because I'm sick of the excuses for an "easy out" when it comes to LE.

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#53504 Oct 26, 2011
Silent Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, well unfortunately, that sting failed but even more important, that is not what the "parallel investigation" is about or rumored to be about in Kyron's case. That parallel investigation is said to be something else.
I'm not trying to argue with you I was simply trying to rationalize to some extent what some of us have come to believe. None the less there is a parallel investigation and a missing persons case.
Silent Observer

Charlotte, NC

#53505 Oct 26, 2011
Wolfscratch Glenn Adams wrote:
<quoted text>
'Never would have thunk the'd be a youtube link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Wh1XMjJcfi0XX&feature=rel ated
Sam Marquez ~ Don't Get Your Panties In A Wad
WS
Good one, LOL

Since: Jul 11

United States

#53506 Oct 26, 2011
Silent Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
Never said my "panties were in a wad" sheesh...just a simple question that wasn't being understood correctly. I see once you got it...you were able to answer it. So now we have 4 NO votes to the "parallel investigation".
See, all I'm trying to do here is point out how many excuses are made for incompetent LE...."parallel investigation" my azz
And FYI, I don't think I did anything to you to deserve the snarky attitude, but if you want to play that way....
Sorry,should have included a lol or something,I just sensed your frustration,didn't mean it to be snarky.
Silent Observer

Charlotte, NC

#53507 Oct 26, 2011
Waytogo wrote:
Silent observer--In many abductions, parallel investigations take place when evidence suggests it, or when LE has POI/suspect (though we won't know who the person is). LE does victimology in these cases, and they have to know what kind of crowd Holly hangs around with, or what relationships she has had in the past. If any of these POI/suspects are involved in illegal activities then that would be an angle to look at, thus a parallel investigation is done. If the victim was a confidential informant (which I don't think Holly is) then that would also warrant a parallel investigation. One such case happened in Florida with Rachel Hoffman, who was a confidential drug informant. She was 23 years old. http://jacksonville.com/apnews/stories/051208... . Though, I don't know if this is what you are looking for. Also, Haleigh Cummings could also be considered a parallel investigation between her abduction and the drug angle, considering most POIs in her case are now in prison for drug trafficking through a drug sting set up by LE and an undercover officer). Parallel investigations are quite common in an abduction, but we rarely hear about them. JMO
See, that's it...I do hear about investigations that have several angles going at one time, but not to the exception of finding a missing child/person. The reasoning (if you can call it that) for those stating a parallel investigation may be going on in Holly's case is to claim that Holly won't be released (don't buy that) until the parallel investigation is wrapped up....Never heard of such a thing. If anyone is hanging on waiting for LE/TBI to wrap up the parallel investigation so Holly can come home...don't hold your breath. It doesn't work like that.
Justice4hollyPle az

United States

#53508 Oct 26, 2011
Havent been on for over a day. Came back to find that y'all are still going on about me. I would like to challenge you on this. What makes any of this 'cold hard facts'? Please tell me how you have verified anything that these women have said. Secondly... You say that I've contradicted myself and that is how you know I'm lying. Well... Please... Give an example. Thank you.
MJ from W TN wrote:
<quoted text>Listen, I haven't had a conversation with hypnosister. I have listened to the exact story that you posted being repeated to me in very distinct details, of which I took over 15 pages of notes on. It took 2 days of conversations, which consisted of me listening and taking notes intently, and Karma talking. To be honest, I lean more towards being a skeptic than many other folks here. I haven't developed a theory, because I honestly didn't know what happened to Holly. I don't fall for anything hook line and sinker without thinking it through and examining it in every different way in my mind. I am sure there are people here that would agree with that assessment. However, I AM born and raised in West Tennessee. All of my family is here and I am in Jackson right now as I type. This case hit close to my heart because of people close to my heart. There have been many things that have happened in 6 months, and I have learned many terrible secrets about my home state. Some of the things brought to light have been heartbreaking to me, while they are just pieces of the puzzle to others. You need to remember this, someone who does something like this has done it before and will do it again. Back to the subject at hand....I think that you brought two women into town that read you perfectly and picked up on your lies and deceit. One who makes dishonest remarks or comments tends to forget what one says. You know, your posts actually removed any doubt that I had in me about whether karma was truthful in the things that she told me. You see, you still don't understand. I haven't been tricked. To be honest with you, I feel like maybe God works things out sometimes, for His own reasons, and in His own ways. I also want you to know that I have not had dreams, nor visions, nor anything similar. I've never seen a ghost either. The conversations that I had might have contained information about physic things, but the things that caught my attention were cold hard facts, that you yourself reiterated. Besides, you've sorta exposed yourself here, and you told the exact same story she did, except she told me what she was thinking in response to you and your bs that didn't add up. I'm gonna do us all a favor and not get back on here at all until after I make it through this family crisis I have and also consult a friend in LE. Til then, adios.
Justice4hollyPle az

United States

#53509 Oct 26, 2011
PS. I am sorry that you are wasting so much time and energy on this. Its really too bad.
MJ from W TN wrote:
<quoted text>Listen, I haven't had a conversation with hypnosister. I have listened to the exact story that you posted being repeated to me in very distinct details, of which I took over 15 pages of notes on. It took 2 days of conversations, which consisted of me listening and taking notes intently, and Karma talking. To be honest, I lean more towards being a skeptic than many other folks here. I haven't developed a theory, because I honestly didn't know what happened to Holly. I don't fall for anything hook line and sinker without thinking it through and examining it in every different way in my mind. I am sure there are people here that would agree with that assessment. However, I AM born and raised in West Tennessee. All of my family is here and I am in Jackson right now as I type. This case hit close to my heart because of people close to my heart. There have been many things that have happened in 6 months, and I have learned many terrible secrets about my home state. Some of the things brought to light have been heartbreaking to me, while they are just pieces of the puzzle to others. You need to remember this, someone who does something like this has done it before and will do it again. Back to the subject at hand....I think that you brought two women into town that read you perfectly and picked up on your lies and deceit. One who makes dishonest remarks or comments tends to forget what one says. You know, your posts actually removed any doubt that I had in me about whether karma was truthful in the things that she told me. You see, you still don't understand. I haven't been tricked. To be honest with you, I feel like maybe God works things out sometimes, for His own reasons, and in His own ways. I also want you to know that I have not had dreams, nor visions, nor anything similar. I've never seen a ghost either. The conversations that I had might have contained information about physic things, but the things that caught my attention were cold hard facts, that you yourself reiterated. Besides, you've sorta exposed yourself here, and you told the exact same story she did, except she told me what she was thinking in response to you and your bs that didn't add up. I'm gonna do us all a favor and not get back on here at all until after I make it through this family crisis I have and also consult a friend in LE. Til then, adios.

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#53510 Oct 26, 2011
Okay, I forgot how "Verbage Intense" this forum can be. I am assuming that we common non LE people consider the term parallel investigation in this situation to be another ongoing investigation that is somehow related to Holly’s abductors with the term Big Fish meaning the person in charge of the crime as in a Ring Leader.
Silent Observer

Charlotte, NC

#53511 Oct 26, 2011
Lies Within wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not trying to argue with you I was simply trying to rationalize to some extent what some of us have come to believe. None the less there is a parallel investigation and a missing persons case.
No, I really didn't take it like you were arguing with me...sorry! I've just been running this parallel investigation crap through my head and it isn't working for me.
BTW, who said there is a parallel investigation going on here? I thought it was just Blink's opinion and some rumors?
And just FYI...Kyron's case was 2 investigations in one...the murder for hire and the abduction. It was rumored later that there is a "parallel investigation" and "sealed grand jury indicitments" but that whole BS has kinda fallen by the wayside since it has been a year and no arrests. But just because they were investigating the murder for hire, didn't mean they wouldn't have resolved the abduction if they had the opportunity...or the other way around if given the opportunity.
Here we have the "excuse" that the abduction CANNOT be resolved until the parallel investigation is completed.
Waytogo

United States

#53512 Oct 26, 2011
Silent Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
See, that's it...I do hear about investigations that have several angles going at one time, but not to the exception of finding a missing child/person. The reasoning (if you can call it that) for those stating a parallel investigation may be going on in Holly's case is to claim that Holly won't be released (don't buy that) until the parallel investigation is wrapped up....Never heard of such a thing. If anyone is hanging on waiting for LE/TBI to wrap up the parallel investigation so Holly can come home...don't hold your breath. It doesn't work like that.
I agree with you.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#53513 Oct 26, 2011
Silent Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh huh, I don't even want to delve into Mexican drug cartel's unless you think perhaps the Bobo family is somehow involved in that type of activity...(I don't)
Mexican drug cartels are capable of anything.
I was framing my question around cases that involved national media and missing persons/children here in the US.
geeeeezzz silent observer, i am in NO WAY going toward the Bobo family being involved in cartel drug activity!

but, you need to do a little more googling and reading. this is not some sleepy little county....it was named as one of the top counties in TN with meth labs and trafficking, and the state of TN has topped the chart in known busts.

these articles are old but i would wager even more relevant 6 years later.

"WASHINGTON – The ultra-violent, U.S.-trained elite, Mexican paramilitary commandos known as the "Zetas," responsible for hundreds of murders along the border this year, have expanded their enforcement efforts on behalf of a drug cartel by setting up trafficking routes in six U.S. states.

A U.S. Justice Department memo says the U.S.-trained units have recently moved operations into Houston, San Antonio and the states of California, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Georgia and Florida. They have been operating in Dallas for at least two years, according to the feds."

Read more: Mexican drug commandos expand ops in 6 U.S. states http://www.wnd.com/...

U.S. Drug Enforcement Agency
Added May, 2004
Drug Trafficking in the United States
"METHAMPHETAMINE"

Domestic methamphetamine production, trafficking, and abuse are concentrated in the western, southwestern, and midwestern United States. Methamphetamine is also increasingly available in portions of the South and eastern United States, especially Georgia and Florida. Clandestine laboratories in California and Mexico are the primary sources of supply for methamphetamine available in the United States.

Over the last decade, the methamphetamine trafficking and abuse situation in the United States changed dramatically. In 1994, ethnic Mexican drug trafficking organizations operating "super labs" (laboratories capable of producing in excess of 10 pounds of methamphetamine in one 24-hour production cycle) based in Mexico and in California began to take control of the production and distribution of methamphetamine domestically. Independent laboratory operators, including outlaw motorcycle gangs, previously maintained control of methamphetamine production and distribution within the United States, and continue to operate today on a lesser scale. The entry of ethnic Mexican traffickers into the methamphetamine trade in the mid-1990s resulted in a significant increase in the supply of the drug. Mexican criminal organizations, based in Mexico and California, provided high-purity, low-cost methamphetamine originally to cities in the Midwest and West with Mexican populations."

this entire article can be read here:
http://www.policyalmanac.org/crime/archive/dr...

Silent Observer

Charlotte, NC

#53514 Oct 26, 2011
Watching17 wrote:
<quoted text> Sorry,should have included a lol or something,I just sensed your frustration,didn't mean it to be snarky.
Apology accepted...yes, today is my day to be frustrated about this case. I was going to say thank God the fatal 4 haven't made an appearance, but I guess I am to late....sigh.

Since: Jul 11

United States

#53515 Oct 26, 2011
Silent Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I agree 100%...they probably ended up with much more than they bargained for with this one. But is doesn't (or shouldn't) preclude solving Holly's abduction. The drug labs can still be investigated. Those investigations should not take priority over the investigation into Holly. Hanging on to hope based on a "parallel investigation" is simply BS and I guess if my "panties are in a wad" it's because I'm sick of the excuses for an "easy out" when it comes to LE.
Your missing an important part of what some of us hope and believe,they have Holly but she can't come home for her own protection.I wouldn't begin to make excuses for LE,so I assure you that's not what this is about. I believe LE is up to their neck in the paralle investigation.
Abby

Orlando, FL

#53516 Oct 26, 2011
I thought when I heard "parallel investigation" and read some reactions that it meant Holly's abduction was related to a larger ongoing investigation. Because of that, the Bobo case takes a back seat and she could even be collateral damage. Could that possibly be true? Trust me, I don't know, just asking.
Justice4hollyPle az

United States

#53517 Oct 26, 2011
karma is a b wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah she showed up at our hotel because she was told we were staying there
Yeah. I told her where you were after I left and after I found out that you had made accusations against me. I don't doubt that Karen hugged you both and shook your hands. That's just how she is. But that gesture was not meant to retract what she went there to tell you. Yeah... She listened to what you had to say. Then she told you to turn what ever you had over to the TBI and stop what you are doing.

Secondly, I did pay hypnosisters way down here from NY. I have the receipt. And yes she did tell me to book a room. But, about a week before she got here she flipped out on me because I told her that I had told the family she was coming. initially she had said that it was okay for me to tell DB. But when I told her that I told Karen... She flipped. That's when she started telling me to cancel the hotel room. I sent DB and Karen both text messages telling them that she wasn't coming afterall... Just to appease hypnosister. After I did that, she agreed to stay in the hotel again. I wasn't about to pay somebody's way down here and then be kept out of the search! How would I even know that the search was really taking place?

Lastly, I spoke to one of the hotel employees today to ask why the receipt said '4 psychics'. He said that the receipt was not taken off the counter. But, he said that they take notes on their guests and that it does say that in the system. Once again, hynosister told me to tell the hotel owner who she was and what we were doing there because she knew her and she would give me a better rate.

Okay. I'm leaving again. Can't let this crap get to me. May check back tomorrow if I have the time. But I have a family to take care of and these crazies are just not worth my time. Peace.

Location hidden

#53518 Oct 26, 2011
Silent Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
imo, holly would not come home before significant and multiple arrests are made.
Silent Observer

Charlotte, NC

#53519 Oct 26, 2011
zzoey wrote:
<quoted text>
geeeeezzz silent observer, i am in NO WAY going toward the Bobo family being involved in cartel drug activity!
but, you need to do a little more googling and reading. this is not some sleepy little county....it was named as one of the top counties in TN with meth labs and trafficking, and the state of TN has topped the chart in known busts.
these articles are old but i would wager even more relevant 6 years later. SNIP....
Zzoey, I'm not trying to give you a hard time here....but I have made a career out of Criminal Justice in several capacities and there isn't much that hasn't been previously brought to my attention. I'm well aware of TN drug problems, especially in the area where Holly disappeared. I'm also aware that there is a Mexican connection. However, unless you believe Holly or her family are involved in that life, the profile for a cartel kidnapping does not match up with Holly's abduction. I'm not trying to be snarky, but I'm not going to discuss all the bad things I know or have seen unless they possibly relate to this case. It's just a time waster.
Silent Observer

Charlotte, NC

#53520 Oct 26, 2011
Abby wrote:
I thought when I heard "parallel investigation" and read some reactions that it meant Holly's abduction was related to a larger ongoing investigation. Because of that, the Bobo case takes a back seat and she could even be collateral damage. Could that possibly be true? Trust me, I don't know, just asking.
That is what the implication is intended to be....and I strongly disagree with that. I've never seen that happen in all my years, so I think someone is making excuses for "case is cold".

Location hidden

#53521 Oct 26, 2011
Silent Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
Apology accepted...yes, today is my day to be frustrated about this case. I was going to say thank God the fatal 4 haven't made an appearance, but I guess I am to late....sigh.
SO, this morning the convo has been very interesting, but with the return of the drama, i think i will take a break at this point.
enjoyed your questions and comments.
Silent Observer

Charlotte, NC

#53522 Oct 26, 2011
Justice4hollyPleaz wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah. I told her where you were after I left and after I found out that you had made accusations against me. I don't doubt that Karen hugged you both and shook your hands. That's just how she is. But that gesture was not meant to retract what she went there to tell you. Yeah... She listened to what you had to say. Then she told you to turn what ever you had over to the TBI and stop what you are doing.
Secondly, I did pay hypnosisters way down here from NY. I have the receipt. And yes she did tell me to book a room. But, about a week before she got here she flipped out on me because I told her that I had told the family she was coming. initially she had said that it was okay for me to tell DB. But when I told her that I told Karen... She flipped. That's when she started telling me to cancel the hotel room. I sent DB and Karen both text messages telling them that she wasn't coming afterall... Just to appease hypnosister. After I did that, she agreed to stay in the hotel again. I wasn't about to pay somebody's way down here and then be kept out of the search! How would I even know that the search was really taking place?
Lastly, I spoke to one of the hotel employees today to ask why the receipt said '4 psychics'. He said that the receipt was not taken off the counter. But, he said that they take notes on their guests and that it does say that in the system. Once again, hynosister told me to tell the hotel owner who she was and what we were doing there because she knew her and she would give me a better rate.
Okay. I'm leaving again. Can't let this crap get to me. May check back tomorrow if I have the time. But I have a family to take care of and these crazies are just not worth my time. Peace.
OMG....will you just go away and NOT come back. How many people have to tell you...NOBODY CARES ABOUT YOUR PERSONAL CHIT!! GET A ROOM!! Or in this case, open another thread for crying out loud. You don't need to do this on this thread!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Parsons Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sidebar 3 hr Long time poker 403
Love what matters 14 hr Love what matters 1
Angie Dickerson Sat Izzy-_- 8
paul ray prueitt (Jul '15) Feb 16 Lovely manq 2
News Holly Bobo suspect indicted on 2 counts of rape (Oct '14) Feb 15 Stalkers 144
News Possible plea deal discussed in Holly Bobo's sl... Feb 14 Read Occasionally 17
Beech Bend Park (Jan '12) Feb 12 Sandy 39

Parsons Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Parsons Mortgages