Beech Bend Park
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Quincy, FL

#1 Jan 31, 2012
Beech Bend Park used to be such a beautiful area and a great place to take your family. On a recent visit, I noticed how much the park has been let go. The bath house was in a terrible state. Limbs and debri were everywhere. The lots all looked like they had not been touched for quite a while with leaves and trash on them. It is ashamed that this park has been let go to such extreme. Don't think I will take my family back there. Lots of drinking and partying going on down there last summer and lots of traffic coming through the park all hours of the night.
Mae Hemm

Clayton, NC

#2 Jan 31, 2012
Well, grab a trash bag and help out. Budgets are tight everywhere. It would be great opportunity to teach your family civic responsibility and service.

Please don't lose your caring nature.
local

Lexington, TN

#3 Jan 31, 2012
Thats what the manager gets paid to do
Camping

Deltona, FL

#4 Feb 1, 2012
There was no hot water last time I was there. I can live with the rest, but not cold showers.

Quincy, FL

#5 Feb 1, 2012
local wrote:
Thats what the manager gets paid to do
Exactly.

Quincy, FL

#6 Feb 1, 2012
Mae Hemm wrote:
Well, grab a trash bag and help out. Budgets are tight everywhere. It would be great opportunity to teach your family civic responsibility and service.
Please don't lose your caring nature.
I have grabbed a trash bag, racked leaves and even cleaned a toilet seat so my children and I could use it. Took my own toilet tissue and left it so others would have some. Also cleaned the shower before showering. I thougth the park managers were there and were paid to do these things. I wasn't trying to be ugly by posting. I just had remembered this being a great place to take my family and how it has gone down and slightly unruly at times. Guess we will be searching for another place to vacation this year.

Since: Feb 10

Huntsville, AL

#7 Feb 8, 2012
Wow ... Beach Bend. I haven't been there in MANY years. Do they still have the drag races there?
nunya

Quincy, FL

#8 Feb 12, 2012
beech bend is a DUMP

Quincy, FL

#9 Feb 13, 2012
It use to not be.
what what

Tullahoma, TN

#10 Feb 14, 2012
who is the manager?

Since: Jul 11

Central KY

#11 Feb 15, 2012
It used to be owned by the Garvin family. I think it was sold and bought back. Im not sure who owns it now. The NHRA stopped coming in the late 70s. The park was never in great shape. I took swimming lessons in the mid 60s. A couple of biker weekends durning peak family camping times helped it become a relic. Even when the zoo and rides were in bad shape the camping still brought in a lot of visitors.
Different Parks

Manchester, TN

#12 Feb 15, 2012
I think you people might be talking about two different parks.

Quincy, FL

#13 Feb 15, 2012
Thurman Moore is what it says on the sign going in. Only saw his wife when she came to get the lot rent.
Dang

Washington, DC

#14 Feb 15, 2012
Beech Bend is a picnic area in Decatur County.
Beech Bluff is where the dragstrip is in Madison County.

Quincy, FL

#15 Feb 15, 2012
It is a campground on the TN River

Central KY

#16 Feb 15, 2012
I didnt know there was more than 1 Beech Bend, the 1 I was talking about is in Bowling Green, KY.

Huntsville, AL

#17 Feb 16, 2012
JER29 wrote:
I didnt know there was more than 1 Beech Bend, the 1 I was talking about is in Bowling Green, KY.
That's the one I was referring to. The one in Bowling Green. It is an amusement park with rides, drag strip, stock car races, campground, etc. I looked them up on line. Looks like they are still around and going strong.

http://www.beechbend.com/

Huntsville, AL

#18 Feb 16, 2012
Looks like we were talking about two totally different places.

Central KY

#19 Feb 16, 2012
The last time I was at Beech Bend it was in bad shape. They hosted the Grand Sport Nationals every spring. I owned a GN at the time and enjoyed watching them drag and show their cars. From the link it looks like someone invested a lot of money. It looks better now than any other time I can remember.
parsonian

Quincy, FL

#20 Feb 18, 2012
They need to get some different manangers. That is what they are there for to keep it up and looking nice. Just my opinion. Place looks a mess.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Parsons Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Authorities: 20 Year old Holly Bobo Abducted in... (Apr '11) 15 min sigh 225,094
judy onan 9 hr Good person 3
Tin Roof 19 hr fridayeveningtraf... 8
Blacks everywhere you look! Fri Winner 24
Dana clark/coleman Fri Cant save her 1
How to Make Money in Decatur County Fri Mohammed Ali Khan 1
Kim Inman Fri Mohammed Ali Khan 18
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Parsons Mortgages