what are the chidren to do?
seriously

Savannah, TN

#63 Jun 3, 2012
well lets see there was the outside and a inside movie theater for the children of course but instead we have prostitution happening right in schools grounds theft of money happening at our schools and where are we finding them have they been checked out\\screend maybe eversooften do some kind of evaluation wats up people.
Panthers

Saint Marys, GA

#64 Oct 16, 2012
maybe we should lower the age to get into all the bars around the county so all the kids can get in there and have some cold beers

Since: Sep 12

#65 Oct 17, 2012
Seriously? I am raising my children in a pos town that i grew up in and the leaders of this town dont want to provide anything for our children they want to force out low income people, drug users and anyone else in this town that doesnt have the money to line their pockets, they are trying to make this a retirement town for wealthy older people who will turn a blind eye to their corruption. No jobs? No more industry here. We are in the process of moving its gotten so bad here. Oh and sara its a good thing u havent had or dont want kids they would probably end up killing theirselves with you as a parent. Jmo.
Really

United States

#66 Oct 17, 2012
wantstruth wrote:
Seriously? I am raising my children in a pos town that i grew up in and the leaders of this town dont want to provide anything for our children they want to force out low income people, drug users and anyone else in this town that doesnt have the money to line their pockets, they are trying to make this a retirement town for wealthy older people who will turn a blind eye to their corruption. No jobs? No more industry here. We are in the process of moving its gotten so bad here. Oh and sara its a good thing u havent had or dont want kids they would probably end up killing theirselves with you as a parent. Jmo.
If you don't use the services offered at the community center, libraries, parks and churches then it's your fault. Not the county.
If u have children, why do u depend on the county to provide activities for your children? This way of thinking is what's wrong with this country. If u don't like it, leave. Parsons gets more income from the rich people that come on the weekends to their "lake homes" than the regular people that live here. See, the rich people have money to buy things and not just food stamps. So having Parsons as a "retirement" community or one that thrives off of "weekenders" sounds pretty good to me. Let the people who leech off the government move. Good riddance.

Since: Sep 12

#67 Oct 17, 2012
Hey dummy if i didnt have money i wouldn't be moving, and i dont get food stamps or live off the goverment smart a-- i do go to the library and camp with my kids and spend time with them i just don't want them to grow up around idiots like YOU lol and i don't want them to grow up in a small minded POOR one horse town. Where the county (aka) the government, would steal money from programs already funded for our youth. Oh and by the way their won't be many rich weekenders coming here after the marinas close wich will probably happen regaurdless of the shoreliners alliance efforts, so stay your trashy behind with all the other trash while i move my family onto a more family oriented enviroment. By the way can you even read? If you can maybe you don't comprehend what you read? Either way i detect a learning disorder since your reply had absolutely nothing to do with my post maybe you should re-read it. You tell me to move when i have plainly stated that i am then go on a rant about free 'boring' stuff in community that there is.....hey re re i'm not looking for something free......don't you get that? No? Well.......what did i expect from a poorly educated hick like you from this one horse 'theiving' community hahahahahahahahaahaha
Really

United States

#68 Oct 17, 2012
wantstruth wrote:
Hey dummy if i didnt have money i wouldn't be moving, and i dont get food stamps or live off the goverment smart a-- i do go to the library and camp with my kids and spend time with them i just don't want them to grow up around idiots like YOU lol and i don't want them to grow up in a small minded POOR one horse town. Where the county (aka) the government, would steal money from programs already funded for our youth. Oh and by the way their won't be many rich weekenders coming here after the marinas close wich will probably happen regaurdless of the shoreliners alliance efforts, so stay your trashy behind with all the other trash while i move my family onto a more family oriented enviroment. By the way can you even read? If you can maybe you don't comprehend what you read? Either way i detect a learning disorder since your reply had absolutely nothing to do with my post maybe you should re-read it. You tell me to move when i have plainly stated that i am then go on a rant about free 'boring' stuff in community that there is.....hey re re i'm not looking for something free......don't you get that? No? Well.......what did i expect from a poorly educated hick like you from this one horse 'theiving' community hahahahahahahahaahaha
I'm one of the rich people that come there to to my lake house. All marinas won't close down. That's ridiculous. I'm in a private community anyway. See, I work and can pay for life's luxuries. I don't depend on the government or other people to entertain my kids. That's my jobs. And I don't consider myself trashy, my lot alone was 100,000 before I even built my house. So calling me trashy is comical. Sorry you don't have the luxury of having a lake house. The town is gonna be fine. I have tons of friends that have retired and brought their money there as well. Maybe if the town had better workers and not just crackheads, then more businesses would come to town. But since the gene pool in Parsons is shallow, don't expect much from the youth of Parsons. We will keep a few employed at FoodGiant,Fred's, The Red Door and especially Meo Mios......other places. We like to spend our money. Sounds like you need to move if you cannot appreciate the small town charm that Parsons has to offer. Good riddance ;)
tbh

United States

#69 Oct 17, 2012
As someone that grew up in Decatur county let me just say that I wish there was something to do other than go to church or smoke weed because that's about all there is to do in Decatur county as a youth... Everyone wonders why there's so much crime involvong youths and its because there is absolutely nothing to do in the whole county... During the winter you really can't go swim and be outside doing anything and that's all there is is two parks and going to the river... No arcade, no movie theater, nothing of interest to a teenager and its the county officials job to change that... They're too worried about offending Joe Don White or any of the other wealthy that fund the office than they are about having somewhere safe and drug free for kids to hang out... I personally got tired of having to go to Jackson to do anything of interest and I was a good kid that left the drugs alone... And when you have children that want to hang out with their friends a theater or arcade would be something good to have so that you know your kids are being supervised without having to crawl up their ass because let's be honest no teenager under driving age wants to be seen in public with their parents and younger siblings... They want time alone with their friends not time with their parents up their ass...

Since: Sep 12

#70 Oct 17, 2012
Your wasting your time if you are trying to explain anything to the funny guy who thinks anyone on topix gives two sheets about his silly lake house. They only come to town on the weekends to party so his opinion doesnt count. His rich brats will be cooking and smoking meth with the 'shallow gene pool' as he put it before long. Oh well........guuess thats the price you pay when your more worried about your 'party weekened' than you do your own childrens well being. And your really making yourself look stupid by saying the things you say like 'we will keep a few employed' red door galleria and food giant? Small business owners kept afloat by me shopping there....not you 'weekenders' You really sound silly bragging about your money and how much your house cost, but i think u already know this.
Mrs. Williamson

United States

#71 Oct 18, 2012
wantstruth wrote:
Your wasting your time if you are trying to explain anything to the funny guy who thinks anyone on topix gives two sheets about his silly lake house. They only come to town on the weekends to party so his opinion doesnt count. His rich brats will be cooking and smoking meth with the 'shallow gene pool' as he put it before long. Oh well........guuess thats the price you pay when your more worried about your 'party weekened' than you do your own childrens well being. And your really making yourself look stupid by saying the things you say like 'we will keep a few employed' red door galleria and food giant? Small business owners kept afloat by me shopping there....not you 'weekenders' You really sound silly bragging about your money and how much your house cost, but i think u already know this.
I am retired and live here. My children and grandchildren come on the weekends and during the winter some stay a few weeks. They bring a lot of business to Parsons. My grandson is building a house and instead of buying materials from lowes, he is using Buck's and other local stores. When my grandchildren visit, we go to the library. They love to read. We limit television because that rots their minds. The problem with people in Decatur County is that parents and grandparents that are raising their grandchildren depend on others to take care of them. It's not the burden of the county to educate and/or raise these children. Stop passing the blame and do what is right. Spend quality time with the children. Don't blame the people with money because they have money. Admire them for having an education and working hard. You are moving away because it's a "pos" town? This town is a wonderful place. Sure, it has is bad apples, but you do not have to associate with bad seeds.
River Breeze

United States

#72 Oct 18, 2012
wantstruth wrote:
Your wasting your time if you are trying to explain anything to the funny guy who thinks anyone on topix gives two sheets about his silly lake house. They only come to town on the weekends to party so his opinion doesnt count. His rich brats will be cooking and smoking meth with the 'shallow gene pool' as he put it before long. Oh well........guuess thats the price you pay when your more worried about your 'party weekened' than you do your own childrens well being. And your really making yourself look stupid by saying the things you say like 'we will keep a few employed' red door galleria and food giant? Small business owners kept afloat by me shopping there....not you 'weekenders' You really sound silly bragging about your money and how much your house cost, but i think u already know this.
Parents should take care of their own children. If you cannot afford to do so, there's adoption, abortion, the morning after pill or how about this..... Abstain from sex. Wow!!!! What a great concept. Don't have kids until you can afford to take care of them. Stay in school, go to college ( there are plenty of scholarships available) and make a life for yourself before bringing more mouths to feed and clothe into this already over populated world.

Since: Sep 12

#73 Oct 18, 2012
I have a college education, a degree, and wow, i am married, we have two kids and we attend church and all our free time with our kids, we don't have a terlevision because we don't believe in it. So none of your points make any sence to me. The bottom line is even people with money would like more family oriented entertainment in this town. Now of course if you don't live here you don't care. And a few bad apples? That's too funny considering decatur county has meth shops in ever other shopp or basement. Go ahead and look it up, you will find it as a fact, so if your bringing your children here instead of moving away don't be surprised when they call you up for bail money, or money to go to rehab, or for that abortion, because they don't want to raise kids here either.
Mrs. Williamson

United States

#74 Oct 18, 2012
wantstruth wrote:
I have a college education, a degree, and wow, i am married, we have two kids and we attend church and all our free time with our kids, we don't have a terlevision because we don't believe in it. So none of your points make any sence to me. The bottom line is even people with money would like more family oriented entertainment in this town. Now of course if you don't live here you don't care. And a few bad apples? That's too funny considering decatur county has meth shops in ever other shopp or basement. Go ahead and look it up, you will find it as a fact, so if your bringing your children here instead of moving away don't be surprised when they call you up for bail money, or money to go to rehab, or for that abortion, because they don't want to raise kids here either.
You are saying that it's the towns fault that some kids turn to drugs? That is ridiculous. Drugs are everywhere. It's up to the parents to steer the children in the right direction. Send kids to private schools, homeschool. Eventually, they have to go out into the world. Raise a child right and hope that they will remember the upbringing they were given. The town isn't at fault, it's the crack head parents that leech off the governments fault.
Angelina

United States

#75 Oct 18, 2012
seriously wrote:
ok we as a community should be seriouly concerned about the youth of this town, where do they go is there a park is there a arcade , maybe a beach where is there in decatur a place to go and enjoy the water summer is here and paticurly i like to be where i can cool off. We've been funded what twice for things that never got built, the outside theater or practice pulling my leg bs where did the funding go. we have alot of river access where does the children of this town go to swim, maybe nashville , thats a shame that the officials of this town is more concerned with lining they're pockets than to look ahead down the road at the youth now will soon be the leaders of our community, if they stay.
The community is not in charge of finding you and your children ways to entertain yourselves. Parents are responsible for their children. Not the government as MOST people believe. Dear God, everyone wants a free handout or someone else to do their job. Get up and do things for yourself and stop sucking up all that you can from tax payers. I'm sick of paying for poverty stricken children's lunches, school, college and then crazy checks monthly. I have my own children to take care of.

Since: Sep 12

#76 Oct 18, 2012
Oh no Mrs. Willamson I am not saying it is the town's fault. I am saying, if there are projects that have been funded and the town LEADERS have pocketed the money then it is not only disturbing, it is downright immoral and just plain wrong. Most of what you say i agree with, that is why we are moving to a nice little beach front property that we own in Florida. Been thinking about it for years and this town has become so horrible to raise children in, we have decided it is time. I agree with alot of what you are saying, but I think it is not the same everywhere, something is wrong when there is rampant drug use, houses and business' burning, women missing without a trace and people picking up guns and killing each other and nothing being done about it. These types of things happen, but not so often in such a small town.
DC Local Resident

Mcminnville, TN

#77 Oct 18, 2012
If we could just get PARENTS to start taking care of their babies and children around here, that would be a start! There are so many people dumping the babies and children off on their grandparents. Hey GRANDPARENTS, why don't you start saying, "No!!!"??????????

Since: Sep 12

#78 Oct 18, 2012
I can tell you why they don't, a little thing called a heart and then another little thing called love, parents of these children may be sorry as all get out but if the grandparents are good people that love the grandchildren they aren't going to turn them away to be raised by the system, it's not the child's fault that the parent is a pos.
DC Local Resident

Mcminnville, TN

#79 Oct 18, 2012
There is a fine line being being a loving grandparent with a heart and being an enabler. Where the line is, I don't know.
DC Local Resident

Mcminnville, TN

#80 Oct 18, 2012
I meant <between>

Since: Sep 12

#81 Oct 18, 2012
I am not a grandparent but i do agree with you on that
Ginger

United States

#82 Oct 19, 2012
wantstruth wrote:
I have a college education, a degree, and wow, i am married, we have two kids and we attend church and all our free time with our kids, we don't have a terlevision because we don't believe in it. So none of your points make any sence to me. The bottom line is even people with money would like more family oriented entertainment in this town. Now of course if you don't live here you don't care. And a few bad apples? That's too funny considering decatur county has meth shops in ever other shopp or basement. Go ahead and look it up, you will find it as a fact, so if your bringing your children here instead of moving away don't be surprised when they call you up for bail money, or money to go to rehab, or for that abortion, because they don't want to raise kids here either.
You have a college education and you cannot even spell "sense" correctly? Classic.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Parsons Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Authorities: 20 Year old Holly Bobo Abducted in... (Apr '11) 10 min Dont Drink The Ko... 245,837
Inman arrested 14 hr parsons places to... 6
Schools 15 hr YouSaidIt 9
charles allen 22 hr lmmfao 14
Junkies Wed Sad Town 5
Riverside video camera thread? Wed Really 30
Kim Wallace (Jul '15) Nov 28 Anon 2

Parsons Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Parsons Mortgages