Holly Bobo's Family
Curious

Quincy, FL

#1 Apr 24, 2011
I am just curious not trying to say anything bad at all my heart goes out to the family. Why hasn't the family done any other tv appearances other than that one. I would be pleading every day. But I do understand it may just be to hard. And why wasn't Clint in the tv appearance. Like I said I'm not trying to say anything bad was just wondering. I grew up in this town went to elementary school with Clint I always thought he was a nice person.(So no I am not accusing him)
Niki

Dundalk, MD

#2 Apr 24, 2011
They're busy making t-shirts for the Holly Bobo vacation fund.

Seriously though, it wouldn't hurt to come out and say something. Thank people from around the country who have sent money and donations and prayers.
Localdad

Mcminnville, TN

#3 Apr 25, 2011
Curious wrote:
I am just curious not trying to say anything bad at all my heart goes out to the family. Why hasn't the family done any other tv appearances other than that one. I would be pleading every day. But I do understand it may just be to hard. And why wasn't Clint in the tv appearance. Like I said I'm not trying to say anything bad was just wondering. I grew up in this town went to elementary school with Clint I always thought he was a nice person.(So no I am not accusing him)
It is my impression that the family is acting under the advice of law enforcement and/or council. With the abductor still at large and the case unresolved, there is a very real possibility for them to become targets for the unsub or for a copycat from anywhere in the country. This is only my personal opinion. But it is what makes sense in this situation.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#4 Apr 25, 2011
I'm sure the Bobo family is being directed by law enforcement on what to do. They probably have leads and information that they only share with the family, and don't want to take a chance on compromising the investigation.

And the ppl on the other threads pointing the finger at her family. Shame Shame. You better pray something like this never happens to someone you love.
Idiots

Columbia, SC

#5 Apr 25, 2011
I am a mother, a sister and a daughter. If my child, sibling or parent went missing, the last thing I would want to do is go on TV so the nosey public could get some sort of sick validation out of my suffering! I seriously doubt the Bobo family gives a crap about what the public thinks/wants to know. I imagine they are in *severe* pain right now. This family does not owe the public anything, period. Appeal for her return?! BS! If the sicko who took her saw her family on tv pleading, he would most likely get some sick satisfaction from it. There is plenty of publicity without this poor family being paraded in front of cameras.
What has happened to common sense?!
just wondering

United States

#6 Apr 25, 2011
I dont think its like anyone is pointing fingers, they family could speak or show up at things the public is doing for Holly and family . Vacation is the last thing that needs to be worried about
Couldnt Function

Cosby, TN

#7 Apr 25, 2011
If I had a daughter abducted and missing, I would be so emotionally and physically sick, I probably couldn't get out of bed, let alone do media appearances!
Localdad

Mcminnville, TN

#8 Apr 25, 2011
just wondering wrote:
I dont think its like anyone is pointing fingers, they family could speak or show up at things the public is doing for Holly and family . Vacation is the last thing that needs to be worried about
Her cousin very recently tweeted about the "vacation" flap. I am not a twit-er kind of guy, but maybe someone who is can find it since that seems to be a recurring bone of contention here.
Msu-mama

United States

#10 Apr 25, 2011
You know, Clint is being treated as an eye witness, tbi lady said that on a Memphis channel news report.....so it could be for his safety that he is hid. What if the perp thinks Clint knows exactly who he is and tied to 'off him'? There goes the ONLY eye witness and that leaves less of a chance to convict when things finally go to trail (and I'm hopeful someone will stand trial for this one day). I live in the country and I know high powered scopes and hunting rifles, it's probably a real concern they have thought about. Can you imagine how stir crazy and helpless this family must feel right now? I can't imagine and hope I never have to find out. My prayers are with them day and night.
longgone

United States

#11 Apr 25, 2011
This whole business just "STINKS TO HIGH HEAVEN"!!!!!
welllll

London, KY

#12 Apr 25, 2011
Msu-mama wrote:
You know, Clint is being treated as an eye witness, tbi lady said that on a Memphis channel news report.....so it could be for his safety that he is hid. What if the perp thinks Clint knows exactly who he is and tied to 'off him'? There goes the ONLY eye witness and that leaves less of a chance to convict when things finally go to trail (and I'm hopeful someone will stand trial for this one day). I live in the country and I know high powered scopes and hunting rifles, it's probably a real concern they have thought about. Can you imagine how stir crazy and helpless this family must feel right now? I can't imagine and hope I never have to find out. My prayers are with them day and night.
Well just a guess but if Clint knew exactly who he was they would have done arrested him or posted his picture to say be on the look out for this man
Msu-mama

United States

#13 Apr 25, 2011
welllll wrote:
<quoted text>
Well just a guess but if Clint knew exactly who he was they would have done arrested him or posted his picture to say be on the look out for this man
The person who abducted Holly is obviously far from 'sane' so what I was saying was, IF THE ABDUCTOR thinks Clint can identify him he might try something crazy to get rid of Clint. That is reason enough to stay secluded. Nobody knows what this guy that took Holly is thinking and if he is losing his cool with all the media attention ect.
just wondering

Jackson, TN

#14 Apr 25, 2011
well im thinking clint dont know or remember much , sorry but his "story" has changed so much.... i dont think he even seen her go toward the woods, the dogs had no scent to follow....
Schrodingers Cat

Mcminnville, TN

#15 Apr 25, 2011
just wondering wrote:
well im thinking clint dont know or remember much , sorry but his "story" has changed so much.... i dont think he even seen her go toward the woods, the dogs had no scent to follow....
The brother's story hasn't changed. The many mouths and talking heads have changed how they have reported his statement with their own interpretations. The dogs had scent to follow from the carport and followed it across the yard, thru the woods to a dim logging road. It was lost there. Hard to form an opinion based on facts when you use the wrong facts, believed to be truth because so many mouths have repeated them.
Sleepless

Saltillo, MS

#16 Apr 25, 2011
I'm thinking that the police probably misrepresented what Clint saw into what they believed happened to Holly. It has happened before in other cases. And, it was in the morning and i'm sure he had just woke up and was prolly headed to the shower. When I first wake up, it takes me until after my shower to be aware of whats really going on. So, I feel that its unfair to blame him. I'm sure that if he believed she was in danger, he would of been out there in a split second. I feel it was someone that she knew and probably felt comfortable with. The guy could of had a 4 wheeler parked 100 feet from their house. My parents live in the country and everyone travels on 4 wheelers at all hours day and night.. Especially during hunting season and nobody even thinks of it as unusual.. So it might not of struck anyone as odd if they heard an ATV
just wondering

United States

#17 Apr 26, 2011
Someone needs to. one out and state the truth then it would make it easier for the public to know what's what.i pray for the family during this time
not a local

Scottsville, KY

#18 Apr 26, 2011
Idiots wrote:
I am a mother, a sister and a daughter. If my child, sibling or parent went missing, the last thing I would want to do is go on TV so the nosey public could get some sort of sick validation out of my suffering! I seriously doubt the Bobo family gives a crap about what the public thinks/wants to know. I imagine they are in *severe* pain right now. This family does not owe the public anything, period. Appeal for her return?! BS! If the sicko who took her saw her family on tv pleading, he would most likely get some sick satisfaction from it. There is plenty of publicity without this poor family being paraded in front of cameras.
What has happened to common sense?!
My thoughts exactly! I'm sure when the time is right (and in the middle of an active investigation is not the right time) they will issue a more involved statement of thanks for the support of volunteers and all the people who have helped out, sent prayers, money, etc.

As for the tasteless, crass "Holly Bobo vacation fund" comment(s), I'm sure it (the fund) is a way for the family to cope, a defense mechanism. I hope I'm wrong but I would suspect the young girl is deceased. I think the t-shirt thing is a way for the family to keep their hope alive because they probably don't want to give in to the pain of knowing she's gone forever.

I for one will continue to pray for this child and her family. My God grant them peace.
zoey

Walnut Creek, CA

#19 Apr 26, 2011
just wondering wrote:
well im thinking clint dont know or remember much , sorry but his "story" has changed so much.... i dont think he even seen her go toward the woods, the dogs had no scent to follow....
JMO....woods "surround" the house and the driveway, which appears to be a couple hundred feet long. from the pix i have seen, the dense brush has been trimmed back in the wooded area surrounding the house and its open space perimeter, leaving trees only for maybe 100 to 200 feet once you are off the paved and yard areas.

bathroom windows must be on the back or side of house, therefore the brother would have a limited view. any direction he saw them walking would have been "towards" the woods, but not really in the woods.

i believe they did not enter the woods. as you say, dogs would have picked up the trail. i think there was a getaway vehicle parked partway up, or at the bottom of the driveway.

holly could have screamed at this point when she was being forced into the vehicle. remember, her brother is in the bathroom in the back or side of the house, and no mention if the window he saw her thru with the perp was open or not, he could have closed it for all we know as he continued his shower.

the brother would have no view of the front of the house and the driveway, and may not have even heard her scream due to the distance and the house at the point being between them.

however, a neighbor being outside and down the road would have heard her scream. just my take on this.
Middle TN

Springfield, SC

#20 Apr 26, 2011
the "real facts".
Schrodingers Cat wrote:
<quoted text>
The brother's story hasn't changed. The many mouths and talking heads have changed how they have reported his statement with their own interpretations. The dogs had scent to follow from the carport and followed it across the yard, thru the woods to a dim logging road. It was lost there. Hard to form an opinion based on facts when you use the wrong facts, believed to be truth because so many mouths have repeated them.
Praying in East TN

Spring Hill, TN

#21 Apr 26, 2011
Praying for Holly and her family. Hoping and praying that she is found soon. I think that all the rumors and speculations should stop. People that are talking crap about the family needs to stop. It is obvious they had nothing to do with this, try and put yourselves in their shoes. You would be totally devastated and feel helpless. People should be helping the situation not hindering. I will continue to hope and pray for Holly and her family that she is found soon and is safe.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Parsons Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Does any one know Pam Lancaster who lived on Do... 2 min easymoney 1
Rooster 31 min Dirty Old Man 4
Clint Bobo-Is he involved? (Sep '11) 1 hr From Maryland 940
News Authorities: 20 Year old Holly Bobo Abducted in... (Apr '11) 1 hr From Maryland 254,973
who is this "Ashley Maness" ?? 11 hr Truthful 109
Schools (Nov '16) Aug 17 getyourfactsstraight 19
Michael Alexander (Jun '14) Aug 17 JER29 67

Parsons Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Parsons Mortgages