Guess Who

Townsend, GA

#261 Mar 27, 2013
They showed bits of the "old logging road" on local newscasts. It's still just a semi-circular driveway basically.

Now they may have put it in originally for easements to clear the land, but that never happened and is still wooded.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#262 Mar 27, 2013
ncider wrote:
<quoted text> Wow, taste a little venom in that response. Please save it for someone that deserves it. First , you assume too much about my screen name. I ask because Leonard sold his duck blinds this fall via leaflets put out at big sandy blind drawing. I believe it said on those posters that he was selling out to move to fla. Lots of posts connecting the family to fla is the reason i ask. Nothing more.
Bobo side has family in FL but not aware of LB moving there.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#263 Mar 27, 2013
Ponderings wrote:
<quoted text>
Two years in a hospital sure is a long time for therapy - hope they have good insurance! As for me, I'm still not buying into that theory. I also don't think that if this were the case, that the media and others wouldn't have found it out and spilled the beans long before now. It is highly unlikely that kind of 'secret' would still be intact. And the reason no one yet, including the locals, haven't let it slip as to what happened, is because no one KNOWS what happened, except for those involved, IMO.
Actually, a hospital would be a pretty good place to hide. Privacy laws are very stringent! As for the bill--well, maybe that's what some of these ongoing fund raisers are for. And it occurred that maybe when family members and friends are said to be out searching, that's a cover story for going for visits to see Holly. Just my opinion--obviously!

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#264 Mar 27, 2013
Guess Who wrote:
<quoted text>
Worse than that, for over a year they tried to tell people she had some contraption called a "lunchpurse". A white half-lunchbox, half-purse, which LE had trouble with themselves as did media calling it a "pail", a "bag", etc. Then, out of the blue when
coming back and naming brands and such they decide, shazzam, she
did have a purse with her, a little pink one.
I was furious when I read Dana's new laundry list of clothing items, no pun intended. So apparently, she needed two purses.
Considering she and friends were known to eat at various drive-ins,
I'd be curious to know how often she allegedly, "brown-bagged", I mean, white lunchpursed it.
Maybe it was bought and packed after the fact, just to plant as evidence. Without all the planted evidence there is no substantiation for an alleged abduction, at all.
Just a tall tale that I am sure cops never really bought.
cops to go on
Wasn't it stated in one of the later stories detailing a "normal day in the life of Holly Bobo" that she went to her Grandma's house many days for lunch? I know when I went to my Grandmother's, it was never BYOL (bring your own lunch!) Granny cooked for an army, even if it was just me coming! Why would Holly need a lunch if she generally went to Grandma's?

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#265 Mar 27, 2013
Fed_the_F_up wrote:
<quoted text>
Bobo side has family in FL but not aware of LB moving there.
FTFU you have been consistent in defending the family, but you've always presented the defense through reason and logic more than unsubstantiated emotion - IMO. I've appreciated your contributions.

Lately it appears your remarks are not as much analytical as they are self-assured relying on the insider information that you cannot disclose. I can understand not being able to disclose entrusted secrets. I am curious however - is this situation with HB's case to the point that you do not have access to the reason and logic that you once used, and you are forced to rely on this secret knowledge as your defense for lack of interactive and exploratory dialogue?

Genuinely not trying to be disrespectful, and hope I didn't come across that way to you.

Since: Feb 13

Decaturville, TN

#266 Mar 28, 2013
Fatjackntrixie wrote:
<quoted text>
Right neighborly of you to come on a public forum and gossip about them. Bet they'd bump you to the top of the Christmas card list if they knew what a good friend you're being. You "churchies" cover this kind gossip under the guise of "sharing", though, so no worries that you'll suffer any eternal damnation.
Nothing gossipy in my post. I stated that I had been in church with them (and others) and I quoted KB and DB as to what they said on TV. I said they have faith and hope. Nothing gossipy.

Gossip is something that you hear and you know you shouldn't repeat but it's so juicy you can't help yourself. None of that mess applies to what I said.

Hallelujah and Amen.

Since: Feb 13

Decaturville, TN

#267 Mar 28, 2013
kas61 wrote:
<quoted text>
IMO that is a completely natural thing for the family to do ... hope and have faith that she is alive if they haven't had any evidence to the contrary. I'm sure at this point they may feel that is all they have left. Regardless, whether Holly is 3 or 30, she is still Karen's child. Unless she physically sees Holly's deceased body, I believe she will always hold on to that hope that her daughter is out there somewhere. She won't stop looking. I don't believe she could even if she tried. As a mother myself, I understand that.
What else would a family do? Give up without answers? No no no no no. I think I would act the same. I'm sure there are fears but giving up is not an option as long as there is no conclusion.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#268 Mar 28, 2013
Prayer Brings Peace wrote:
Maybe those in the know can shed some light on just why they might be going to Nashville so much? That IS where Holly was allegedly taken -- Vanderbilt. Hmmm.....interesting! I might just try looking into all the rooms there the next time I have to go to Vandy, which isn't all that far away. Then, if I find Holly, I can collect that 85,000 reward. Hmm....
You'd spend the rest of your natural life checking out rooms at Vandy! Do you know how big that place is? My guess is that if Holly were badly injured--like with a head injury that required rehab--that she would be transferred to more of a rehab facility instead of a hospital. Most hospitals don't keep you that long anymore! You get your week or two there, and then you go home, to long-term care, a nursing home, or hospice.

The more I consider the behavior of all parties, I think it could be a real possibility that she's alive and being protected. I think she might resurface when and if she can testify to all the details of that day! JMO, of course!

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#269 Mar 28, 2013
ItsAFactJack-- wrote:
<quoted text>
You'd spend the rest of your natural life checking out rooms at Vandy! Do you know how big that place is? My guess is that if Holly were badly injured--like with a head injury that required rehab--that she would be transferred to more of a rehab facility instead of a hospital. Most hospitals don't keep you that long anymore! You get your week or two there, and then you go home, to long-term care, a nursing home, or hospice.
The more I consider the behavior of all parties, I think it could be a real possibility that she's alive and being protected. I think she might resurface when and if she can testify to all the details of that day! JMO, of course!
That was more tongue in cheek. I go to Vandy every three months to get shots for my back and knee. I do know how big that place is, and it would be relatively impossible to find someone there without some knowledge of the type of injury they had.

I've been up most of the night, going back and watching old interviews and news magazine type shows to see if there is anything there we may have missed.

It seems that early on,(within a week of Holly's disappearance) people thought about a PC theory, or someone who just walked off from her life. I don't know, but I just can't get with either of those theories completely.

I cannot get past the 'lack of tears.' I know I've mentioned this before. But the 'dry' sniffles, and the fact there are NO tears at the 'plea' to her daughter's kidnapper. Her make-up is perfect, no runs, and she does not have puffy eyes. It all just feels too staged. As I've said before, I could understand if she'd cried so much, she simply did not have any tears left. But why TRY to cry and not be able to? And if she'd cried so much she couldn't cry anymore, it looks like there would be a puffiness to her eyes.

I know, as everyone knows, there's just more than meets the eye here. I don't really buy a PC theory, but it looks like the only thing that would account for NO TEARS. Of course, there are those who adamantly deny that is the case.(The PC theory) But how else can you explain the absence of tears if your daughter is missing and you have no idea where she is or her condition?

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#270 Mar 28, 2013
Prayer Brings Peace wrote:
<quoted text>
That was more tongue in cheek. I go to Vandy every three months to get shots for my back and knee. I do know how big that place is, and it would be relatively impossible to find someone there without some knowledge of the type of injury they had.
I've been up most of the night, going back and watching old interviews and news magazine type shows to see if there is anything there we may have missed.
It seems that early on,(within a week of Holly's disappearance) people thought about a PC theory, or someone who just walked off from her life. I don't know, but I just can't get with either of those theories completely.
I cannot get past the 'lack of tears.' I know I've mentioned this before. But the 'dry' sniffles, and the fact there are NO tears at the 'plea' to her daughter's kidnapper. Her make-up is perfect, no runs, and she does not have puffy eyes. It all just feels too staged. As I've said before, I could understand if she'd cried so much, she simply did not have any tears left. But why TRY to cry and not be able to? And if she'd cried so much she couldn't cry anymore, it looks like there would be a puffiness to her eyes.
I know, as everyone knows, there's just more than meets the eye here. I don't really buy a PC theory, but it looks like the only thing that would account for NO TEARS. Of course, there are those who adamantly deny that is the case.(The PC theory) But how else can you explain the absence of tears if your daughter is missing and you have no idea where she is or her condition?
I knew you were somewhat joking! But I think all of us who truly care about the case have been tempted to do our own searches, since nobody is telling the public anything.

I've watched that interview multiple times! I did not get the feeling that K was faking, and D seemed sincere and believable! However, when LW ( I believe it was) pointed out that she seemed angry, that rang true! She was sniffing, and that seemed to be involuntary--kind of like a very upset child does after a good cry.

I just really cannot reconcile all the behaviors of folks with this case. If the Bobo's were part of a big conspiracy to spirit Holly away to protect her from something or someone, why would they continue to print flyers, search, and follow up on leads? They could have easily faded into the sunset, and no one would have thought anything about it. We rarely hear from victim's families when years have passed.

If, on the other hand, the family perpetrated some type of fraud, I can't imagine TBI and other agencies just letting that slide and not setting the record straight. Sure, local officials anywhere can be "bought off" or do "favors" for folks in their immediate areas. But I can't think of a good reason that state and federal LE would cover for an average family like the Bobo's.

For those two reasons alone, I think that Holly was really taken by someone. I haven't decided yet if I believe she was found at some point and was stashed away. I feel more has to be revealed before that can be determined. JMO, MOO

Since: Mar 13

Mesa Az

#271 Mar 28, 2013
Trixie From Dixie wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing gossipy in my post. I stated that I had been in church with them (and others) and I quoted KB and DB as to what they said on TV. I said they have faith and hope. Nothing gossipy.
Gossip is something that you hear and you know you shouldn't repeat but it's so juicy you can't help yourself. None of that mess applies to what I said.
Hallelujah and Amen.
You may want to go refresh yourself on what the christian bible says about that.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#272 Mar 28, 2013
deesnutz_n_dc wrote:
<quoted text>
FTFU you have been consistent in defending the family, but you've always presented the defense through reason and logic more than unsubstantiated emotion - IMO. I've appreciated your contributions.
Lately it appears your remarks are not as much analytical as they are self-assured relying on the insider information that you cannot disclose. I can understand not being able to disclose entrusted secrets. I am curious however - is this situation with HB's case to the point that you do not have access to the reason and logic that you once used, and you are forced to rely on this secret knowledge as your defense for lack of interactive and exploratory dialogue?
Genuinely not trying to be disrespectful, and hope I didn't come across that way to you.
No disrespect taken-

It gets old when everything you say gets twisted and people assume shit that is way off. They cant make sense of it so they assume the worst and judge based on their crazy assumptions. I think that is what has changed and added more emotion to my posts but you wont hear me ever trash Karen, Clint or Dana on here. I don't agree with everything and cant say I understand everything they have said or done but I know for a fact that they are going through a living hell every single day and barely hanging on right now. Karen prays to God he will just kill her and put her out of her misery. Their pain and consistent nightmare is very very real.

I don't think there is a way to discuss this situation responsibly on a public forum or with people who do not have local knowledge. That's just my opinion though.

Since: Mar 13

Mesa Az

#273 Mar 28, 2013
Fed_the_F_up wrote:
<quoted text>
No disrespect taken-
It gets old when everything you say gets twisted and people assume shit that is way off. They cant make sense of it so they assume the worst and judge based on their crazy assumptions. I think that is what has changed and added more emotion to my posts but you wont hear me ever trash Karen, Clint or Dana on here. I don't agree with everything and cant say I understand everything they have said or done but I know for a fact that they are going through a living hell every single day and barely hanging on right now. Karen prays to God he will just kill her and put her out of her misery. Their pain and consistent nightmare is very very real.
I don't think there is a way to discuss this situation responsibly on a public forum or with people who do not have local knowledge. That's just my opinion though.
"Karen prays to God he will just kill her and put her out of her misery"? is ok in your books though. She'd love for that to be discussed on a public forum. Gotcha. BTW your God is a killer? Hmmmmm eye for eye?

Since: Feb 10

Huntsville, AL

#274 Mar 28, 2013
Prayer Brings Peace wrote:
<quoted text>
A good example is the road that leads to the "Old Furnace". That road is little more than a logging road with all the deep ruts and washed out places, and it's considered a 'county' road!
Would you happen to know where this road to the "Old Furnace" is? This isn't the first time I've seen mention of this. The poster Modgellin mentioned in a couple of his posts about a furnace. I thought maybe he was just in one of his bizarre rambling episodes but is there really an old furnace in the area?

Brought forward ...

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/parsons-tn/TT...

Modgellin
Orlando, FL
"Welded it shut. Buried it in Parsons. Then acted nice towards the family. Who might that be?"

and this one ...
http://www.topix.com/forum/county/decatur-tn/...

Modgellin
"... <clipped> Remember and believe: it was her boyfriend and her brother. Furnace, sealed up, buried. Brothers smiling all the time, knowing they'll never get caught. Remember."

Holly Bobo is in a sealed furnace, buried in Parsons. This is how funny it is to them. Right under your noses.

Since: Feb 10

Huntsville, AL

#275 Mar 28, 2013
Sorry ... the last part of that post should have had quotes around it. It was part of Modgellin's original post. Certainly not my opinion! LOL

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#276 Mar 28, 2013
Fatjackntrixie wrote:
<quoted text>
"Karen prays to God he will just kill her and put her out of her misery"? is ok in your books though. She'd love for that to be discussed on a public forum. Gotcha. BTW your God is a killer? Hmmmmm eye for eye?
Quit playing games fool. Your a walking contradiction.

Since: Mar 13

Mesa Az

#277 Mar 28, 2013
kas61 wrote:
Sorry ... the last part of that post should have had quotes around it. It was part of Modgellin's original post. Certainly not my opinion! LOL
That poster is just a sad attention hoor.

Since: Mar 13

Mesa Az

#278 Mar 28, 2013
Fed_the_F_up wrote:
<quoted text>
Quit playing games fool. Your a walking contradiction.
How is calling somebody a fool NOT disrespectful? Sorry, if you are unable to understand some levels of conversation. I won't "dumb it down". You get out your dictionary and thesaurus.

Since: Feb 10

Huntsville, AL

#279 Mar 28, 2013
Fatjackntrixie wrote:
<quoted text>
That poster is just a sad attention hoor.
Possibly ... I'm just looking at all angles. I probably would never have thought about his bizarre posts again after reading it the first time if the furnace had not been brought up again by another poster. Now I'm curious. Every theory under the sun has been brought into Holly's disappearance with maybe the exception of alien abduction or getting dragged off by Bigfoot and I'm just waiting for someone to claim they saw strange lights in the sky or a size 17 footprint that morning for that to get started also.

Since: Jul 08

Lexington, Va.

#280 Mar 28, 2013
Fatjackntrixie wrote:
<quoted text>
It's amazing "camo-guy" got as far as he did with Holly!

He better have had a uhaul waiting on the road for all her stuff.

A large box of bandaids for her torn up feet from him making her hike in flip flops carrying all that stuff.
He likely would have had that dogs chompers implanted in his body somewhere as well. His mistress is in distress?

He isn't following along like they're going on a stroll. No way. I call BS on the Bobo's.....
`

Fatjackntrixie, There was alot of things thrown in a lot of locations. Does anyone have a list of the items??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Parsons Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Authorities: 20 Year old Holly Bobo Abducted in... (Apr '11) 23 min concerned 205,415
Samantha Dameon Mullen and shayna garrett 19 hr Grossed out 2
nita Fri clp 14
Found Chihuahua Dog...Tan Dec 26 ITM_Slaves 3
Hot girls of Decatur County Dec 26 Towboat man 13
Clint Bobo-Is he involved? (Sep '11) Dec 24 guessing 874
Chase Pearcy Dec 23 MyNametoo2 2
Parsons Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Parsons People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Parsons News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Parsons

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:19 pm PST

Yahoo! Sports 1:19PM
Colts bounce back, go 6-0 in AFC South
Bleacher Report 1:53 PM
Bucs Secure No. 1 Pick in 2015 Draft
NBC Sports 2:10 PM
Titans clinch second pick in draft, lose to Colts
NBC Sports 2:25 PM
Two Seahawks turnovers help them into 6-0 hole
NBC Sports 3:52 PM
Seahawks take lead after intercepting Shaun Hill