Since: Dec 12

United States

#1 Dec 22, 2012
I just moved to Parsons from a big city a few weeks ago, and was wondering what kind of gay nightlife this town has. I heard there used to be a gay bar/pool hall on Main Street downtown but that it shut down a few years ago. I sure do hope I didn't make a big mistake by moving here. Are there any nice gathering spots in town where gay men can meet?
JeNnIfEr

Mchenry, IL

#2 Dec 24, 2012
your in the wrong part of Kansas for that. but Joplin Missouri isn't too far away and theres pittsburg Kansas but parsons isn't the place to be if your looking for entertainment. most the people there are on drugs and the only gay stuff going on is the addicts trying to get a fix. I was born in that horrible town and I got away as soon as possible. my gay friends always went to pittsburg
cool

Aransas Pass, TX

#3 Dec 24, 2012
Fred Figglehorn wrote:
I just moved to Parsons from a big city a few weeks ago, and was wondering what kind of gay nightlife this town has. I heard there used to be a gay bar/pool hall on Main Street downtown but that it shut down a few years ago. I sure do hope I didn't make a big mistake by moving here. Are there any nice gathering spots in town where gay men can meet?
my bedroom sounds like fun for you to go if u want gay sex

Independence, KS

#4 Dec 26, 2012
That's what I was afraid to hear. I have already heard about the huge drug problem. I have heard that even some of the cops on the local police department, including the police chief, are druggies. That is incredible. No wonder the the drug business is flourishing in this town. I had to move here due to family reasons. I hope to be able to get out of here in a few months. I already hate it here.
k,

Parsons, KS

#5 Dec 30, 2012
Don't let the door hit ya on the way out.

Independence, KS

#6 Jan 2, 2013
Oh don't worry, I won't.
no really

Ingleside, TX

#7 Jan 30, 2013
Run while you can. Every long term person here is so dead set in there ways. They all believe that there is hope in this town. There is no hope and there is no future. Everyone has high hopes and dreams but its not as easy as just a dream. When most of the town hopes that they can get a job at mcdonalds, then thats pretty sad. On that note, good luck getting you order right let alone a bun that isnt as hard as cement at our local mcdonalds. That town is pathetic and dying. just move on like the rest of us did!

Just an FYI, my defining moment was in Wichita 2007. I stopped at McDonalds and got a burger. It was the best burger I had ever had. I actually turned around and went inside to talk to the manager to tell him how good it was. Thats how pathetic this town is! I actually made a life decision on a McDonalds burger. Its sad but there is so much better out there!

On that note, if you cant get a good burger then you you probably can find an attractive nightlife!
John

Aransas Pass, TX

#8 Sep 3, 2013
no really wrote:
Run while you can. Every long term person here is so dead set in there ways. They all believe that there is hope in this town. There is no hope and there is no future. Everyone has high hopes and dreams but its not as easy as just a dream. When most of the town hopes that they can get a job at mcdonalds, then thats pretty sad. On that note, good luck getting you order right let alone a bun that isnt as hard as cement at our local mcdonalds. That town is pathetic and dying. just move on like the rest of us did!
Just an FYI, my defining moment was in Wichita 2007. I stopped at McDonalds and got a burger. It was the best burger I had ever had. I actually turned around and went inside to talk to the manager to tell him how good it was. Thats how pathetic this town is! I actually made a life decision on a McDonalds burger. Its sad but there is so much better out there!
On that note, if you cant get a good burger then you you probably can find an attractive nightlife!
You live in Independence... that town is as close as you can get to an exact copy of Parsons.
Home Boy

Herriman, UT

#9 Jan 27, 2014
I fear, too, that Parsons has become a dying town. It's not because of the lack of opportunities, but because people there are lazy. They need to quit whining about how the government isn't doing enough for them and put down their cigarettes and beer, and get involved with things. Quit being lazy and blaming the "government" for everything.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Parsons Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Teacher fired for having sex woth students work... Aug 24 Former Student 1
new sheriff Aug 10 Thatswho 1
jessica hinman - jessica merida (Sep '13) Jul '16 PKALLTHEWAY 6
Which are the good churches in Parsons? (Jul '15) Jul '16 Marlene 2
UFOs, Aliens, MIB Jun '16 Parsons Pround 21
Green country detail guy creeped me out Jun '16 Parsons Proud 14
Brother Against Brother Jun '16 Reptilian-pawn 6

Parsons Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance