Corrections department ends men's boo...

Corrections department ends men's boot camp E ...

There are 9 comments on the Hays Daily News story from Jan 2, 2009, titled Corrections department ends men's boot camp E .... In it, Hays Daily News reports that:

The Kansas Department of Corrections says it has notified Labette County officials of its plans to stop operating the men's boot camp in the county.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hays Daily News.

JOSEPH B

Plano, TX

#1 Apr 24, 2009
I think it is a terrible mistake to discontiue the labette boot camp. this is a great alternative for people who are candidates to have a 2nd chance, and to better themselves as individuals, as opposed to going to prison, where they will be interacting on a day to day basis with hard core criminals. please reconsider, and keep this boot camp open. thanks for taking the time to read my comment!
Laci R

Parsons, KS

#2 Apr 28, 2009
I am an employee of the Camp, now at the mens facility, as I was as the female facility that was shut down on the 31st of December. I hope we get a lot more support. I believe in the program
%100. Its not just so I get a paycheck I believe not everyone should go to prison.For what? to learn how to be better criminals? Our numbers are proven, we offer job placement skills, work programs, the inmates can also obtain their GED while incarcerated at the facility. upon their graduation the inmates leave the facility with their head held high. They leave with a sense of PRIDE, which is also our motto.
PRIDE, Professional Results in Daily Efforts!
Thanks for your support!!!
lori

Manhattan, KS

#3 Feb 1, 2012
I'm so sad I was at the womens boot camp changed my life!! You only get what you put in, I owe all of my success on boot camp. My whole life changed because of that place. I have went and spoke to young women to help them in life from what I learned at boot camp. miss you Platton Mr charles!

It works if you work it!
michael

Fulton, MS

#4 Jul 17, 2012
i worked at the mens camp and i enjoyd working there. it was very good experince to work there and i wished it was opening bac up ause i would sre apply or a job there again.
About Time

United States

#5 Aug 2, 2012
I guess people do not pay any attention as to what goes on in their community in parsons and area. All the BS Politicians are bragging they got it reinstated and just spent all kinds of your tax payers dollars to refurbish it as if there really was something wrong with it to start. Just another pocket lining project for that oh so familiar circle of people over there in parsons and area.
Take a look at Mckinzy bragging about how he got a new contract out there and then also how he bragged about giving a job intended for a person to the city of parsons fire chief. Fire chief received a raise and what he did not get in the raise the city of parsons got. He did not save squat to the tax payer he just cost a job to someone that could of used it.
He proclaims that it was due to the amount of training and that cost,Which is highly bogus. According to the Adj.Generals office a person who takes the positions should but not required to by anyone pass 2 recommended courses all of which but one is online through the Civil Preparedness website for free. and has 2 years to accomplish this task.

As far as I am concerned it is another political lie in SE Kansas.
Have him tell you what has really been going on out there who has been getting all the contracts and whom are they related to and how dose this tie to the indstry park and who are those parties and how dose this tie to jobs inc, and who are there board members and memberst facinating how they keep tying to each other and some of the persons invovment.
Lets look at some names
Ann Charles, Robert Bartillie, Fred Gress, Patrick laforge,Rich Prhoel, to name a few and the list goes on and on contractors, bankers, insurance agencies, farming, real estate, County commissioners, City Commissioners, Who all dose this intake and who all dose it affect and is there a pattern here for the last 30 years. Is there a reason parsons has a total collapse of their info structure by being neglected for so long, NO GOOD WATER SUPPLY, NO GOOD STORM SEWER, NO GOOD SEWER, NO GOOD STREETS, NO GOOD STREET LIGHTING, NO GOOD TRAFFIC CONTROL, VEHICLES NOT MAINTAINED, VERY FEW MANAGING BODY WITH IN THE CITY LIMITS AND MANY OUT OF COUNTY. PAY RAISES TO THE ELITE FEW UPPER MANAGEMENT WHILE PAY FREEZES AND LAYOFFS OF EMPLOYEES, MAN HANDLING THE ELDERLY FOR ANY EXCUSE,CHANGE ORDER AFTER CHANGE ORDER could be a form of bid rigging. 4 Square CHURCH ONLY CHURCH IN TOWN ON BUDGET FOR EMERGENCY SNOW REMOVAL,CONFLICTS OF INTEREST, POSSIBLE BID RIGGING, FALSIFIED STATEMENTS BY CITY MANAGER ON SEVERAL TOPICS. SORRY FOLKS this is just some major concerns that actions have thrown red flag after red flag. Then finding the some that should do something are persons involved with the nonsense YOU HAVE TO QUESTION THEM ALL.

I bet you do not have to guess who all is getting your tax dollar Nor do you have to guess why they have to spend so much to save york at the poles.
I JUST WANT TO KNOW A FEW THINGS
Is there Political Corruption?
How deep dose it go?
How long has it been going on.
Who all is involved.
If so hold all involved liable and prosecutable.
adam bowey

Brighton, MO

#6 Mar 13, 2014
I was in the men's camp back in 2009 i was on of the last squads to grad from there. after my vist there i have been out of look up for the post six yrs. And i remember. one thing its called
PRIDE.
kbennet

Lansing, KS

#7 Mar 4, 2015
JOSEPH B wrote:
I think it is a terrible mistake to discontiue the labette boot camp. this is a great alternative for people who are candidates to have a 2nd chance, and to better themselves as individuals, as opposed to going to prison, where they will be interacting on a day to day basis with hard core criminals. please reconsider, and keep this boot camp open. thanks for taking the time to read my comment!
I was a inmate at the camp and it only helped me get my education rite and keep my self out of prison so i was able to go home to my family and support my children the rite way i haven't been in trouble since my stay o
and is good for the community hope they reopean thx always
the Ace of Spades

Petersburg, VA

#8 May 2, 2015
Fill er up with coons from Harlem
Luke L

Fairview Heights, IL

#9 Aug 16, 2015
I was also a inmate back in 2000 2001. Barracks B squad 13.Helped me change my life. Haven't been in a bit of trouble since I was released. Got married had children. Now I coach their baseball and football teams. Also able to hold a category 2 gaming license. Sure wish they had something around for people to get a chance to get back on their feet like this place did. Thanks LCCC.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Parsons Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stay away from Katy Days (May '12) Apr 20 Just DOC 8
Liberty, ks (Dec '14) Apr 14 Rocky 5
Is shane adamson a good divorice/custody attorney? (Sep '16) Mar '17 InTheKnowOnThisOne 4
Laura Whittley as Thayer City Clerk (May '12) Feb '17 kdb 24
Dan Goddard Contact Info (Oct '16) Feb '17 ERIC 7
Tawny Smith Jan '17 Concerned Oma 1
Think Twice about Parsons WAL MART Dec '16 X Walmart food buyer 1

Parsons Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Parsons Mortgages