Stanhope chooses new chief school adm...

Stanhope chooses new chief school administrator

There are 26 comments on the New Jersey Herald story from Mar 24, 2011, titled Stanhope chooses new chief school administrator. In it, New Jersey Herald reports that:

Photo by Lyndsay Cayetana Bouchal/New Jersey Herald Dr. Maria Cleary was appointed new chief school administrator of Stanhope schools beginning next fall.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at New Jersey Herald.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Jig Block

Irvington, NJ

#1 Mar 24, 2011
There is no reason why Netcong, Stanhope and Byram all have their own "Head Administrator"!! There should be ONE Superintendent that over-see's the entire district including Lenape Valley HS~~ what a waste of money!$$
clever

Carteret, NJ

#2 Mar 24, 2011
I hope that the school boards "get it" when we vote their budget down again. Stanhope appointed Fyffe at his full bloated salary, then gave him an assistant to do his job. Dennis is a pompous ass, but not a certified nut job like Art DiBenedetto. The school board dinosaurs better learn soon that the gravy train has dried up.

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#3 Mar 24, 2011
Jig Block...You are 100% correct. There is absolutely no reason that Netcong, Stanhope, and Byram should not share an administrator and save the taxpayers money. The only reason that each school needs its own administrator is that people like Porky Popelka are running our Boards of Education and just like to feed their own egos.
livid

Carteret, NJ

#4 Mar 24, 2011
The administrators have had us over a barrel for too long. Maybe that is changing.
Tom

Old Bridge, NJ

#5 Mar 26, 2011
Pepperoni21 wrote:
Jig Block...You are 100% correct. There is absolutely no reason that Netcong, Stanhope, and Byram should not share an administrator and save the taxpayers money. The only reason that each school needs its own administrator is that people like Porky Popelka are running our Boards of Education and just like to feed their own egos.
Pepperoni21.......Although I agree with alot of your Posts all over Netcong and Stanhope, I think that I would keep Officer Popelka and his Wife out of your Comments on here. If you read the Terms and Conditions for Topix it clearly states that they do comply with legitimate law enforcement. If he persues this I absolutely would not be in your shoes when he finds out who you really are. Not trying to stir up any BS....just an FYI to you. He is not one to mess with at all.

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#6 Mar 26, 2011
Tom...I was not referring to Officer Popelka or his wife. I was referring to Lynn Popelka, who is the president of the Netcong Board of Education. Also, I have broken no laws, I am simply telling the truth.
Tom

Old Bridge, NJ

#7 Mar 26, 2011
Pepperoni21 wrote:
Tom...I was not referring to Officer Popelka or his wife. I was referring to Lynn Popelka, who is the president of the Netcong Board of Education. Also, I have broken no laws, I am simply telling the truth.
Totally understand, but she is his Family. He is very protective of them....that's all.
Jay J

Melville, NY

#8 Mar 27, 2011
I agree somewhat with the past posts. The 2 smaller towns should share admins. Byram is just to big. The problem is Netcong does not want to be looped in with Stanhope because they think they are better than that. But if you look at the test scores they are not. Also all these kids end up together anyway at Lenape. So Netcong should just get over it. Stanhope needs change and I think the new lady they hired will bring it. Hopefully being a lady she will not put up with GT's crap like all the men did.
Hey

Huntington Station, NY

#9 Mar 27, 2011
Jay J wrote:
I agree somewhat with the past posts. The 2 smaller towns should share admins. Byram is just to big. The problem is Netcong does not want to be looped in with Stanhope because they think they are better than that. But if you look at the test scores they are not. Also all these kids end up together anyway at Lenape. So Netcong should just get over it. Stanhope needs change and I think the new lady they hired will bring it. Hopefully being a lady she will not put up with GT's crap like all the men did.
Hitting the bottle again?!!!!
WTF

Huntington Station, NY

#10 Mar 27, 2011
Jay J wrote:
You really don't know WTF you are talking about.
Sara

Old Bridge, NJ

#11 Mar 27, 2011
WTF wrote:
<quoted text>
You really don't know WTF you are talking about.
Yea O.K. do you know this Lady, because she is not what you say she is..........and she is just "The Acting Admin" until someone is hired.
Sara

Old Bridge, NJ

#12 Mar 27, 2011
Sorry WTF..........this comment was meant for Jay J. I totally agree with your input!
Greg

Old Bridge, NJ

#13 Mar 27, 2011
Sara wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea O.K. do you know this Lady, because she is not what you say she is..........and she is just "The Acting Admin" until someone is hired.
Sara Think you are on the wrong Discussion, this is the School not down in Town.
Sara

Old Bridge, NJ

#14 Mar 27, 2011
Greg wrote:
<quoted text>
Sara Think you are on the wrong Discussion, this is the School not down in Town.
OMG!!! You are so right. I meant to go on the Township Admin. discussion not this one guy's! I need more coffee!
Agreed

Houston, TX

#15 Mar 27, 2011
I agree we should all have the same administrator. but last year the Netcong board left the Stanhope board waiting at the alter. They were suppose to agree to the pay and responsabilities of the shared administrator when the Netcong board voted to terminate the discussions. the they walked out on the Stanhope board, it was a orgistrated by one particular board member with her cronies in support. They even surprised the president of their board with their actions. the president is Ms. Popelka, so if your going to throw her under the bus for this one no the facts. You can go to the board of education web sight and read the minutes for Netcong. There is a lot of things Netcong board does to distance themselves and or punish the children of Stanhope. Thes are the same kids that play Football, Baseball, and yes will go to high school together. One other thing did you GT matched the money the kids and parents raised to save the sports programs in Stanhope? A lot of self rightous people on here.
momo

Melville, NY

#16 Mar 28, 2011
And now it is money time. lets see what they do now. Will are taxes go up. Lets see how much and what the reasons are this year.
facts

United States

#17 Mar 30, 2011
FACT: Netcong BOE screwed Stanhope last year. I don't think there will be any agreements to share services going forward because the trust is gone. As a Stanhope parent, I am fine with not sharing school decisions with Netcong. Their BOE is a mess. At least Stanhope has brought in some new members and are getting us back on track.
FACT: on average, the new Stanhope school budget will cost taxpayers $3.20 per month. This is not a lot of money. And unfortunately we are not recovering any programs lost last year. Ultimately, our kids are losing out.
FACT: Gina Thomas matched the monies raised to reinstate Stanhope sports (and it was generous). Say what you want about Gina, but that was a very generous thing to do. Not everyone volunteers in this town. Its always the same people who get up and do something but she is always the only one getting slammed. Give it a break. If you don't like it, run for the Board. But no one does that either because the one seat that is up for reelection is running unopposed.
Just thought I would post some facts here because they always seem to be missing.
I fully support our right to free speech but get tired of seeing untruths posted here. Let's get involved, learn the truths and run for office if you don't like the way things are getting done.
billybob

Melville, NY

#18 Mar 30, 2011
Just to let you know I heard today at the drop off that Stanhope will be getting new windows and not losing any programs. Now the budget is going up next month but we are still going to have to pay for the windows if the budget passes or not so how does that work. OOOHHH I guess we will have to cut some of the programs that we were not going to cut because the money has to come from someplace. That is unless someone wants to take money out of there own pocket and pay for something else. I think that Gina is great for taking money out of her pocket and doing these things . The problem is that she should not have to. Lets make some smarter choices and this will not have to happen.
facts

United States

#19 Mar 30, 2011
Yes, the window plan is a five year commitment that will go regardless of budget I think. So its is scary that if budget fails then we lose more. I'm hoping $3.20 a month won't sink it (one less six pack a month....). I view the window replacement as the final FU from Brown. They should have been upgraded when the school was remodeled but instead he got paid a ridiculous sick pay benefit and put in a reflecting pond. I do think that Gil Moscatello is doing a great job and is a fantastic addition to the BOE.
billybob

Melville, NY

#20 Mar 30, 2011
yes Gil is a good addition but Brown was a few years back. This board approved the windows. Fyffe is in charge now not Brown. Brown got paid but we wrote and signed the check. I hate reliving the past but that is another mistake that we made. Now we have to pay lawyers for our { THE BOARDS} mistake.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Parsippany Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Wallington police blotter (Jul '11) Nov 12 scooby 2
News Challenger defeats Parsippany Mayor James Barberio Nov 9 tombuckley 1
News Teresa Giudice on blaming husband for her priso... Oct '17 lmfao 1
News Mayor asks Trump to deport accuser in kickback ... Oct '17 Angry frog 1
Entrepreneur Opportunity Aug '17 Speakspo 3
News Engagement: Scott Kappmeier & Danielle Ambrosio (Feb '15) Jul '17 Jerome 2
Mayor Dave Mayer makes History raising Highest ... (Jan '17) Jan '17 Recall Mayor Davi... 1

Parsippany Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Parsippany Mortgages