First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Law-abiding JT citizen

Lehighton, PA

#1 Feb 16, 2013
Why do the cops in JT find the need to harass law-abiding citizens when there are countless drug deals everyday in the burough? If someone can answer this question for me I would appreciate it. It makes some believe that the JT cops only "see" certain crimes.
McGruff

Lehighton, PA

#2 Feb 16, 2013
No...you're obviously just ignorant and probably upset because you got in trouble or got a ticket. Just plead guilty and pay the fine.

This is a common trait for characters such as you Mr. Law Abider. People like you tend to pass the attention on to something else of higher priority. Kind of like when someone gets in trouble and they say "Well it's not like I was robbing a bank or anything"

So get real and get a reality check. By the way...did you ever go fishing? If you have, did you catch ALL of the fish? Probably not.
Hmmm

Lehighton, PA

#3 Feb 17, 2013
Law-abiding JT citizen wrote:
Why do the cops in JT find the need to harass law-abiding citizens when there are countless drug deals everyday in the burough? If someone can answer this question for me I would appreciate it. It makes some believe that the JT cops only "see" certain crimes.
It is called "SELECTIVE ENFORCEMENT"!
Twink

United States

#4 Feb 17, 2013
If you are truly law abiding they would have nothing they could harass you about. Since you are most likely a FOOT you might as well move back to where you came from if you don't like it here. I I think that the current force is doing an excellent job especially if you compare it to the ones 10 years ago. Stop pissing off your neighbors and they will stop calling the cops on you.

PS I guess you prefer the good old days went toad was top cop and he was too busy doing his confidential informant and abusing mister time card to really do any real law inforcement
Twink

United States

#5 Feb 17, 2013
Talking about toad how is it that he sues the FOP for inadequate representations while his wife still drives around with FOP plates? I thought there were only for police officers and their direct family. Is he some secret undercover officer that he gets to keep the plates?
Law-abiding JT citizen

Lehighton, PA

#6 Feb 17, 2013
McGruff, obviously you are the ignorant one. There was no fine or ticket. This was for a very minor traffic stop. As I said the cops seem to see only the very minor issues. Maybe there is some type of payoff. It has happened before. Or, maybe you are so ignorant you do not see it yourself. If you even live in JT. Everyone knows at least a few druggies or has actually seen drug deals go down. Maybe you live in the same "shell" the cops live in. Everyone in this country needs to "wake up" to the truths in this country and see what is happening before it is too late. And, btw, it is the cops job to "catch all" of the fish not just some of them. Twink, I'd like to know what a "foot" is. If it is a person who moved here recently then you are again wrong. Unless you are a native american then you are also a "foot". The ignorance on this site is amazing! Hmmm, it is selective enforcement. I would just like know the reason. If it smells like a fish it probably is a fish.
Twink

United States

#7 Feb 17, 2013
McGruff, obviously you are the ignorant one. There was no fine or ticket. This was for a very minor traffic stop. As I said the cops seem to see only the very minor issues. Maybe there is some type of payoff. It has happened before. Or, maybe you are so ignorant you do not see it yourself. If you even live in JT. Everyone knows at least a few druggies or has actually seen drug deals go down. Maybe you live in the same "shell" the cops live in. Everyone in this country needs to "wake up" to the truths in this country and see what is happening before it is too late. And, btw, it is the cops job to "catch all" of the fish not just some of them. Twink, I'd like to know what a "foot" is. If it is a person who moved here recently then you are again wrong. Unless you are a native american then you are also a "foot". The ignorance on this site is amazing! Hmmm, it is selective enforcement. I would just like know the reason. If it smells like a fish it probably is a fish.
Actually if you were not born here you're a FOOT, being native american has nothing to do with it, since anybody born in the united states is a native american, including a lot of FOOT's. You're right they should catch all the fish, including you, even if was just a minor traffic infration you should have gotten a ticket. The cop lets you go and you still bitch about it. What a whining piece of crap you are. No go bitch in front of Turkey Hill like the rest of the area crybabies
McGruff

Lehighton, PA

#8 Feb 17, 2013
Mr. Law Abider:

In fact I am a native resident of JT, East Sider to be exact. Perhaps you are some yuppie transplant residing on Broadway or Race Street who thinks you are above all else because in the "city" it's not like this.

So you were stopped for a "minor" traffic violation and you were not issued a ticket? Seems to me as if the Officer utilized discretion and you got a break. Be thankful for that and show some appreciation. Instead you opt to be bitter and come on here to vent this.

Perhaps what you should do is gather some testicular fortitude in which you are clearly lacking and go see the chief, speak with the mayor, or attend a council meeting.

Again you keep directing the attention to other things other than your own. I'm sure the dept. is well aware of the drug issues, however thanks to ignorant, yuppie, tuba playing, fall foliage attending a-holes such as you, the system is more in favor of the bad guys. You know what I'm talking about, the ACLU, defense attorneys, invasion of privacy, etc, etc. The druggies have gotten smarter, just seen an article in morning call today where a drug dealer had bag of crack tied to his penis!

Wake up Law Abider, and please drive safe.
No sense

Lehighton, PA

#9 Feb 18, 2013
How you can you gripe the police are not doing their jobs? Cops use " Minor traffic stops" such as yours to get drunks off the road, so they don't kill a law abiding citizen like yourself. I would be complaining more when you see a police car parked at Turkey Hill instead of pulling somebody over. Stop being a sissy pants and take your tissues somewhere else.
Sarge

Narvon, PA

#10 Feb 18, 2013
Yea u jackwagon they have to go after little stuff to get big stuff.....you sir are a moron
airborne

Lehighton, PA

#11 Feb 18, 2013
they are afraid of any real conflict, thats why they only bust easy crimes
Frankie

Lehighton, PA

#12 Feb 18, 2013
They got me driving drunk after leaving Lyles on thirsty thursday
Cough

Jim Thorpe, PA

#13 Feb 19, 2013
i have aids
Set it straight

Allentown, PA

#14 Feb 19, 2013
Contrary to those with preconceived opinions and prejudice, information is readily available that minor traffic and equipment violations can lead to major arrests of drug dealers, DUI, wanted persons, and also just plain inform the public of safety concerns. Police don't know 90% of the persons they are dealing with day to day, and they don't know how important those individuals think they are. It's easy pick apart any mistakes or unsuccessful investigations that police do, rather than see the good impact they have on our community. Mainly because no one notices a LACK of crime, or NOT being hit by a drunk driver, or NOT being a victim of theft or other crimes.
The main problem with certain individuals is that they not only have a unwarranted feeling of self importance, but have been brainwashed by either their up bringing, or by media telling them its ok to disrespect and attack the people who have a very difficult job. Police are always the community whipping post, and it's because they are an easy target. It's no wonder why some cops come off mean or frustrated when everyday they are treated with such disrespect by so many.
Many in the community need to be reminded that THE POLICE DO NOT KNOW WHO YOU ARE. They want to go home at the end of the day just like anyone else. So next time someone says they are being "harassed", take a step back and think about what the job entails. We live in a scary, violent, and unforgiving world and police know this first hand. Police are not "harassing" you, look up the meaning of the word. What they are doing, is using the tools they have available to investigate and combat crime in our community.
The next time you see a Veteran, thank them for NOT being attacked by foreign threats and NOT living in a war zone. The next time you see a Police Officer, thank them for being able to lead a life free of chaos on the road, at home, and in public.
I know this may come as a surprise, but there are bad people in this world who want to rape, pillage, murder, or otherwise do things that adversely impact the our community's safety and security. If not for police, all this would be much more common.
I think that Jim Thorpe is a nice place to live and raise a family with relatively few problems. This is a testiment to the effectiveness of JTPD and the community that supports them; NOT attacks them. The rest do nothing more than become part of the apathetic problem with present day society.
airborne

Lehighton, PA

#15 Feb 19, 2013
being a police officer is just like any job, no need to thank them anymore than a cashier. any real man knows comes with the territory, u dont need any reconition
Set it straight

Allentown, PA

#16 Feb 19, 2013
airborne wrote:
being a police officer is just like any job, no need to thank them anymore than a cashier. any real man knows comes with the territory, u dont need any reconition
There's no need to thank them for service, and I don't think police expect recognition, just treat them like human beings like you would any cashier or plumber. If you disagree with me, your entitled to your opinion the same as anyone. Cops may expect to be treated with disrespect, but that doesn't make it acceptable. As far as the "real man" comment I'm not sure where you were going with that. PS. "Airborne" If you served our country, thank you.
No sense

Lehighton, PA

#17 Mar 13, 2013
http://www.tnonline.com/2013/mar/13/heroin-wo...

There you go Mr/Mrs.Law Abiding. Maybe you'll consider the reasons for a traffic stop a little less harassing after you read that. Good job JTPD!
Not such a good job

United States

#18 Mar 13, 2013
His neighbors have been complaining about his drug dealing for about 2 years. It wasn't a random stop, they knew he was muling a load up and the final straw is nodody pays $20K for 1100 packs, its more like $5K. If you could get $20K for 1100 packs, I'd be in that trade and rich
Toad Loosely

Lehighton, PA

#19 Mar 14, 2013
Poor Puddin Head was set up. Sounds like a former customer of Puddin Head set him up to save his own arse. Maybe the guy that just received numerous charges for fleeing the police in his car a week or so ago turned Mr. Puddin in to get his charges reduced. Just saying....
Fuzz

Lehighton, PA

#20 Mar 14, 2013
I'm thinking Mr. Law Abider was actually Cadugan and it ended up biting him is the rear end. See this simple failure to signal violation turns into a $20,000 heroin bust bada bing bada bung. Sure it was an investigation but it's all in how teh puzzle pieces fit together to make the case.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Parryville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Iraq hero to be honored with bridge name (Aug '14) 33 min duh 17
strong arm robbery in slatington behind turkey ... (Aug '15) Jun 27 Regina local artist 2
Opening art gallery Jun 27 Regina local artist 1
News Carbon County Personnel Jun 26 lazy bass turd 1
News Thorpe man arrested in Thursday drug... (Apr '15) Jun 25 AWOL 6
News Lehighton district silences frequent... Jun 14 rnn said no 9
Where to find "d" in lehighton (Jul '15) Jun 11 as the losers live 8

Parryville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Parryville Mortgages