Jim Thorpe volunteer firefighter wants confessions disregarded ...

Apr 24, 2007 Read more: The Morning Call 131
A Jim Thorpe volunteer firefighter who has difficulty reading wants a judge to throw out his confessions to starting three fires and stealing $110, saying he didn't completely understand a form that explains ... Read more
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
ace

Whitehall, PA

#1 Apr 24, 2007
this dude is a firefighter...?...
Tank

United States

#2 Apr 24, 2007
A Firefighter that can't read, isn't that kind of important for this job? couldn't this maybe hinder him? should he still be on the job?
hazmat 1

United States

#3 Apr 24, 2007
All you need to be a fire fighter in Carbon County is 2 legs and 2 arms, brains are an option

“Rainbow Warrior”

Since: Feb 07

Northampton County

#4 Apr 24, 2007
Most volunteer fire company's routinely take on people with disabilities. Their duties as limited to their abilities however. Not every "fireman" actually fights the fire, there are plenty of other duties to perform, such as changing air packs, rolling hoses and so on. If in fact the boy actually does have a disability, some should have spoken up sooner than this.
Freedomcostsabuc kofive

Whitehall, PA

#5 Apr 24, 2007
Tank wrote:
A Firefighter that can't read, isn't that kind of important for this job? couldn't this maybe hinder him? should he still be on the job?
He's a volunteer. A professional actually has to take a test and do very well. In many cases hundreds test for only a few jobs. Thus, one must be pretty intelligent to become a career fire fighter.
SL Forrest

Bethlehem, PA

#7 Apr 24, 2007
hazmat 1 wrote:
All you need to be a fire fighter in Carbon County is 2 legs and 2 arms, brains are an option
And what is your role during a HazMat event, sir? Perhaps you serve as the first-due "canary" by letting the IC know if SCBAs are required for entry?
Your remark serves no purpose other than to insult Carbon County responders and to throw additional salt into their bleeding wound.
Grow up.
chris karper

Mountain Top, PA

#9 Oct 7, 2007
hey guys, the cops missed with my evidence and told me what to right in the staemants, and i asked for a lwayer and perants three times, because i am in special ed classes in school ,and the state law says there has to be a parent or lwayer presents during questioning.
My comment

Sussex, NJ

#10 Oct 8, 2007
Freedomcostsabuckofive wrote:
<quoted text>
He's a volunteer. A professional actually has to take a test and do very well. In many cases hundreds test for only a few jobs. Thus, one must be pretty intelligent to become a career fire fighter.
And besides being paid, isn't the result the same with a "professional" or a "volunteer": the fire is extinguished? Sorry, dude, I give our volunteers a lot of credit. For whatever reason they become involved in firefighting, money ain't on the list.
chris karper

Mountain Top, PA

#11 Oct 9, 2007
hey i didn't know what to write they told me what to write, ( the cops), then they went into my car when i was at the police station and they went into it with out a search warrant, and they cut a fuel line under my hood, my dad found it the next day, so when i get cleared of the charges on: October 16th, 2007 @ 9am, we are going to sue the county, and the police department and the fire department. so have fun making comments about me guys.
chris karper

Mountain Top, PA

#12 Oct 9, 2007
and i am from Jim Thorpe, PA am the firefighter you's are talking about, thanks a lot, i do have specail help in school and that because i can write something or say something and then i don't know what i said or wrote.
chris karper

Mountain Top, PA

#13 Oct 9, 2007
oh and oh_deer you better watch what u r saying because my mom and dad are making a list of people to sue, and i quote from what oh_deer said: "That kid knows damn well what he did! THe judge has to rule in favor of the commonwealth or this will open the door for every criminal to use this lame defense." and this is no lame defense this is the truth and now i have heart problems and i was in church on sunday and i collasped and my heart stopped and a lady rubbed my chest and it started beaten again, and at the hospital i was on life support because it stopped again, so i don't know whats wrong with my heart right now, it may because of all the stress i am under right now.
Whats Important

Hunlock Creek, PA

#14 Oct 9, 2007
Chris, what should be important to you right now is that you know the truth. You have the support and love of your family. You will see all kinds of comments posted here. Some that will support you and others that will hurt. So I think it is best that you stop reading the comments. Some people don't realize that people have feelings. Good luck. And thank you for being a volunteer.
champion

Bloomsburg, PA

#15 Oct 9, 2007
Whats Important wrote:
Chris, what should be important to you right now is that you know the truth. You have the support and love of your family. You will see all kinds of comments posted here. Some that will support you and others that will hurt. So I think it is best that you stop reading the comments. Some people don't realize that people have feelings. Good luck. And thank you for being a volunteer.
How true, this poor boy is making himself sick over comments from people that do not matter. Truth will prevail.

Since: Oct 07

Mountain Top, PA

#16 Oct 9, 2007
thank you: champion and whats important, i thank you for telling me that i know whats right, and i know what happen, and we have all the evidence we need, to sue everyone so, thank you for the support guys, and i if i am found nor guility which i am, my brother is putting my name in at his company fire department as a fire police personnla, since i have a blue and yellow light in my car already

Mountain Top, PA

#17 Oct 9, 2007
Thank you: champion and whats important, i thank you for telling me that i know whats right, and i know what happen, and we have all the evidence we need, to sue everyone so, thank you for the support guys, and if i am found not guility which i am, my brother is putting my name in at his company fire department as a fire police personnal, since i have a blue and yellow light in my car already
Bushwacker

AOL

#19 Oct 10, 2007
Whats Important wrote:
What are you writing back for, he claims he doesn't know what he reads or writes

Plymouth, PA

#20 Oct 10, 2007
i do have a letter from my brothers chief,so there guiseppe and i made three copies of it one for the chief, one for me and one for the state troopers
PeggyKay Karper

Plymouth, PA

#21 Oct 11, 2007
It did not say he could not read , it said he had problem with understanding some things he reads, he is a great kid and a great firefighter he helped the chief out with alot of things, was always there to help him with no matter what he asked and his own fellow firefighters do not even stand up for their own men, they believe a bunch of liars. I can not wait to see when he is found not guilty and the real person is behind bars where he belongs, then we will see if those firefighters will come and give him an apology for their actions, which he fully deserves.

who is being accused of something someone else did , he was chasing the real jerk who did it and the cops are not going after him cause the real person who did it is a drug informant and the cops in this town are ......
Tank wrote:
PeggyKay Karper

Plymouth, PA

#22 Oct 11, 2007
ace wrote:
this dude is a firefighter...?...
yes he is good one too, and will be again when he is cleared. he was falsly accused and he will join his brothers company , they can not believe how his one fellow fireman did not stand by him, even when one of them was the first on scene and called in a description of a person and car that did not describe the one that is accused
PeggyKay Karper

Plymouth, PA

#23 Oct 11, 2007
Rainbow Warrior wrote:
Most volunteer fire company's routinely take on people with disabilities. Their duties as limited to their abilities however. Not every "fireman" actually fights the fire, there are plenty of other duties to perform, such as changing air packs, rolling hoses and so on. If in fact the boy actually does have a disability, some should have spoken up sooner than this.
There are people in important jobs that have disabilities, including cops, medical people they all have some form of disability that is not reason to condemn and falsley accuse someone of something that he did not do just to protect the cops drug informant that really did it

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Parryville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Freeland woman dies in Jim Thorpe incident 15 hr hookah smoker 176
News JT woman's murderer gets life Apr 16 dont sweat it bruh 1
News Four women receiving Courage Awards Apr 13 God spoke 2
Low test scores concern Weatherly Apr 11 observation 2
News Thorpe man arrested in Thursday drug... Apr 10 Toad 2
News Slatington woman injured in Nesquehoning rollover Apr 9 CommSense 2
SCHLIECHER finances Challenge Petitions of othe... Apr 8 farmer john 2
More from around the web

Parryville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE