Bradenton church owner investigated: ...

Bradenton church owner investigated: Toronto paper probes 'extr...

There are 4 comments on the Bradenton Herald story from Mar 6, 2007, titled Bradenton church owner investigated: Toronto paper probes 'extr.... In it, Bradenton Herald reports that:

A Canadian televangelist with Bradenton connections is under scrutiny for living an 'extravagant lifestyle' while his church, whose congregation of working-class minorities faithfully tithe, spends relatively ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Bradenton Herald.

Brittany

United States

#1 Mar 8, 2007
If this story is true, I think the authority shoul allow the Melnichuk to return the money to the people, I think their home and luxery should be taken away from them and be made poor just like the people they rob.I also think that they should not be jailed if found guilty.just let them be poor.
mismas

Odessa, FL

#2 Apr 2, 2007
Why is it a bad thing for this guy to do this but for Billy Grahm it is ok????? I like how people look at people in different lights. They are both doing the same thing...
phil

East Greenwich, RI

#3 May 1, 2007
I think I found the answer to why people allow these preachers to rip them off.
It is simple. The preachers give them what they want. They enjoy the state of trance they experience at the temple. It is a good feeling. And it is addictive. It is like paying fo drugs.
All the preacher has to do is help them fall in this state and give them a good show.
Thomasd38

Tampa, FL

#4 May 20, 2007
Why are people always tring to blame others for their stupidity? If a person knew nothing of Christ (ya' know..."give to the poor, and follow me") some sort of "mental red flag" should wave when a man proclaims to be of God, and has the riches of this world. "Man cannot serve both God and Mammon, for he will cling to the one, and hate the other" Gods will for us is to be happy in the betterment of others. Not to nesessarily be poor (it is harder for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven..." not impossible. But the concept of "he with the most toys wins" is 180 degrees from God. For a man to place his comfort in posessions, instead of in pleasing the will of God, is a sure sign that the man might not be as righteous as he claims. You know what kind of tree it is by the fruit it produces. This responsibility of free will (not gift, Jesus taking our sin is a gift, our burden to do the right thing is no walk in the park) lays it upon us to choose WISELY the men or women we exalt as religious leaders. If we choose poorly we must face and learn from our mistakes. of course, how our laws might deal with fraud (even in Gods house) is another story! If the "preacher" claimed the money was for God's work, prompting people to tithe, then kept it, that constitutes fraud!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Parrish Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who is the woman yelling at Lucas Shamblin? Aug 11 Don't 2
News Human bones lead to arrest (Jun '06) Aug 7 oh 13
News Phony cop stop lands Palmetto man in jail (Sep '13) Jul 28 paragonventures 15
Judge Susan Maulucci Manatee County (Oct '15) Jul 27 operation gladio 23
Kay Hine is "Murdered" not "Missing" in 1972. (Aug '08) Jul 22 Major 88
Does anyone know what's going on with Comfort C... Jul '17 BaconBooty 1
Anybody know Rick Levecchi Jul '17 NOWADOGA 1

Parrish Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Parrish Mortgages