Farmer and subdivision at odds

Farmer and subdivision at odds

There are 3 comments on the HeraldTribune.com story from Apr 18, 2008, titled Farmer and subdivision at odds. In it, HeraldTribune.com reports that:

“I'm trying to keep my family afloat as a farmer”

After 35 years of running a family farm in Manatee County, Bruce Shackelford says he is struggling to make a living from growing crops. via HeraldTribune.com

Join the discussion below, or Read more at HeraldTribune.com.

harry

AOL

#1 Apr 20, 2008
Wish the county had approved his original request to sell to developer
Foxbrook residents may still be waiting for neighbors today now our future is looking dim
mary m

AOL

#2 Apr 20, 2008
I think he should concentare on the entrance to Foxbrook first instead of a 2nd project,it is a disgrace and he has let down so many people who wanted to lease at that project. It effects many families. I understand the preschool has pulled out . What a shame.
His integrity is suspicious to say th least!
Foxbrook and Lakewood Ranch have sinmilar unfinished projects (hockey area) but at Foxbrook it effects many families and it is very sad.
What is his ( Shackeford)problem?.
jaytei

Lakeland, FL

#3 May 5, 2008
Doesn't anyone get it???? Sure the borrow pits will save water but at what cost. Thats like saying i can save you 50 mpg on your car but you have to buy a $100,000 car. duh!!! WE will have to put up with loss in property values and pay for the road repairs as well, not to mention noise, dust, and safety, i dont think so. We are a cummunity, We are established. You dont see us with a proposal to breed tomato eating insects near his farm. o.k. so dont try to degrade and ruin our property and homes..... you can still grow tomatos and we can continue to live in a safe, quiet, nice, dust free environment. But no borrow pits...... Deal? BTW finish the project you started before you move on to something else that will ruin our neighborhood eg: the pathetic excuse for a shopping center on the corner that should have been completed by now. sounds like this guy is ticked a the Wells' and wants to cause trouble. Sounds fishy to me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Parrish Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
carl ruggles Jun 20 sasha 1
Ker's Winghouse Ellenton Jun 20 A Fan 1
Gas Please Jun 16 Awash88 1
Cheap car wash? Jun 13 frogman713 3
Dr. Howard A Goldman Arrested (Jun '13) Jun 10 Barbara16 67
2600 Meetings needed locally. Jun 9 Ashh 2
Boy, blues, heroin, dope, chick, Jun 9 Ashh 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Parrish Mortgages