Local & State News - Tampa Bay's 10 - tampabays10.com

Full story: WTSP Tampa Bay 6
Manatee County Sheriff's investigators have located items belonging to kidnapping victim Clay Moore. Full Story
shahnaz

Largo, FL

#1 Mar 2, 2007
I think that kids need to learn more ways to potect themselvs.
Steve Oakes

Brooklyn, NY

#2 Mar 2, 2007
This story has a lot of holes in it and I'm not sure why nobody else has noticed it.
Why did the kidnapper allow Clay to play with a sharp safety pin and put it in his mouth? How did Clay pick up a branch with his mouth? Even if he could pick one up, how did he pick up the safety pin with the stick and then transfer it to his bound hands? How did he hold the pin in his hands and was able to poke tape on his wrists?(Try it and see that you aren't able to reach the tape!) How did Clay know which direction to go for help? Why did he walk and not run? Why did he call his stepfather and not his mother or father? Why did Clay's stepfather say he was going over the story with Clay, the night before the press conference?(Sounds like the stepfather may have doubted him too.) Why did America's Most Wanted cancel airing this case this week to catch the kidnapper, since this is a subject that strikes home with John Walsh? It all doesn't make sense, does it?
Fl girl

Tampa, FL

#3 Mar 2, 2007
I don't know what Steve Oakes is trying to get at with his comment, but I think that the boy was very brave for everything that he did. I believe that he did what he had to do to get away safely, and isnt that what REALLY matters, that he is at home and safe with his family? Clay, I think you are a hero and I commend you for all that you did. And anyone that thinks any different should keep their comments to themselves!

Since: Mar 07

Brooklyn, NY

#4 Mar 3, 2007
"Fl girl", did you even read what I wrote? If you had read it you would have known "what I was trying to get at". To reiterate; I said that the story had a lot of holes in it and it didn't make sense to me. I asked a lot of questions that haven't been answered. Can you answer any of them? The strangest part was America's Most Wanted cancelling their profile of the case so they can catch the kidnapper before he leaves the country (if he hasn't done so already). John Walsh had his own son kidnapped and murdered in Florida, so I think this would be a priority for Mr. Walsh. There may be logical answers for all of the questions I asked, however nobody has answered them to date.
Robert

United States

#5 Mar 5, 2007
This story has a lot of holes in it and I'm not sure why nobody else has noticed it.
Why did the kidnapper allow Clay to play with a sharp safety pin and put it in his mouth? How did Clay pick up a branch with his mouth? Even if he could pick one up, how did he pick up the safety pin with the stick and then transfer it to his bound hands? How did he hold the pin in his hands and was able to poke tape on his wrists?(Try it and see that you aren't able to reach the tape!) How did Clay know which direction to go for help? Why did he walk and not run? Why did he call his stepfather and not his mother or father? Why did Clay's stepfather say he was going over the story with Clay, the night before the press conference?(Sounds like the stepfather may have doubted him too.) Why did America's Most Wanted cancel airing this case this week to catch the kidnapper, since this is a subject that strikes home with John Walsh? It all doesn't make sense, does it?

Quit the over-analysis, idiot. Give me two hours and tie me up with duct tape, I'm sure I could get out.
Robert

United States

#6 Mar 5, 2007
"Fl girl", did you even read what I wrote? If you had read it you would have known "what I was trying to get at". To reiterate; I said that the story had a lot of holes in it and it didn't make sense to me. I asked a lot of questions that haven't been answered. Can you answer any of them? The strangest part was America's Most Wanted cancelling their profile of the case so they can catch the kidnapper before he leaves the country (if he hasn't done so already). John Walsh had his own son kidnapped and murdered in Florida, so I think this would be a priority for Mr. Walsh. There may be logical answers for all of the questions I asked, however nobody has answered them to date.

Hey idiot, you can start with the news media...I've heard several versions of the same story, what makes you think YOUR version is correct? Or moreover, the media RARELY get a story right. Take the Atlanta bus accident. All the news reported the bus went off the ramp. Later we find out the bus didn't go off the ramp, it went over the edge of the overpass after exiting the ramp and crossing six lanes of traffic. So, if the news can't even get the location of a bus right, what makes you think the 'safety pin' story is reported accurately?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Parrish Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
James Linwood Price (Dec '11) Dec 11 Johnny Folk 5
Looking for Joyce Beasley Dec 11 USER ID 2
Bradenton woman arrested after fight with twin ... Dec 11 dragoon70056 7
Review: LWR Air Conditioning Dec 9 Bobby Donahue Bra... 2
Manatee concrete company buys Bradenton factory Dec 5 jordennancy23 1
Phony cop stop lands Palmetto man in jail (Sep '13) Nov 29 zionist MOCKINGJAY 5
Deer rescued from manhole in Parrish Nov '14 Christshariahns 2
Parrish Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web