Arrest warrant issued for suspect in Tampa-area teen's abduction

Authorities issued an arrest warrant Sunday for a man suspected of kidnapping a 13-year-old boy at gunpoint from a school bus stop. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Moderate Republican

United States

#1 Feb 25, 2007
Wouldn't a name and description help ?
Jen

King Of Prussia, PA

#2 Feb 25, 2007
He hasn't been arrested yet... you want someone to tip him off?
adeleon

Kissimmee, FL

#3 Feb 25, 2007
My heart goes out to the boy and his family. He is very brave. Unfortunately, this will randomly happen at every bus stop in America, if an adult is not present. I don't think the nation is up to speed with the enormity of this problem. I drive my children to school. I know everyone does not have this option. However, I pass housing developments everyday where children are waiting for the bus in groups of two to ten. There is rarely an adult waiting with them. I don't understand why! I'm sure a system could be created by the parents (to take turns) to protect their children. Nobody thinks it going to happen to them. If we think differently, we'll act differently. If you have to get to work, hire somebody in the development to do the job (I'm sure they'll do it for free)!!
Brads Father in Metrowest

AOL

#4 Feb 25, 2007
His name is Hispanic and he was a migrant worker. I wonder if he's here legally?
Common Sense

Orange City, FL

#6 Feb 25, 2007
adeleon wrote:
family.I don't think the nation is up to speed with the enormity of this problem. I pass bus stops were children are waiting for the bus in groups of two to ten. There is rarely an adult waiting with them. I don't understand why! If you have to get to work, hire somebody in the development to do the job (I'm sure they'll do it for free)!!
WHAT PLANET DO YOU LIVE ON ?!?! Don't you think working parents agonize over this on a daily basis?!?! My boss requires that I get to work at 7:30 am each morning. You would be the first person to complain if the office you walked into wasn't properly staffed to suit your needs. As for hiring someone ...... do you honestly think I can afford to hire someone if I am off busting my butt to work ?? Why are YOU volunteering to sit at a bus stop ?? Better yet, why don't you WALK your kids to school and get a little exercise and watch what is going on ??
The best we can do is educate our children and pray.
Steve

Wildwood, FL

#8 Feb 25, 2007
Brads Father in Metrowest wrote:
His name is Hispanic and he was a migrant worker. I wonder if he's here legally?
that was my first thought also. of course, if he is illegal, the media wont reveal that fact. no, only honest, law abiding, hard working illegals ever cross the border. why, to suggest otherwise is surely just being racist. the fact that someone breaks our laws to enter our country shouldnt be construed to mean that individual would disrespect our laws. it would be hard to believe an individual from a dysfunctional society, infected with violent drug gangs and corruption, a country where many peolpe in many ways do not share our values and culture, wouldnt automatically make a fine u.s citizen. thinking otherwise is simply bigotry.
i think i'll start squatting in one of those mansions in windemere. when they come to arrest me, i'll complain i deserve to be there because i work hard. then i'll sue for discrimination.
Hambone

Apopka, FL

#9 Feb 25, 2007
When are we going to stop immigration?!
junes_reston

United States

#11 Feb 25, 2007
The Washington Post reported an updated version noting the name of the suspect.

Detectives searched a house early Sunday and found enough evidence to seek an arrest warrant for Vicente Ignacio Beltran Marina, Manatee County Sheriff Charlie Wells said in a press conference Sunday.
Ronald99

Hartselle, AL

#13 Feb 25, 2007
They said a ramson note was found,This person needs to be arrested ASAP.I wonder if this was a intentional act against the family,or a predador looking for young boys,The Manatee county sheriff dept,and all other Law Enforcement,Has done a excelent job so far,Hurry and get this person,so that another child does not have to endure what young Clay did,Ronald99
Ronald99

Hartselle, AL

#14 Feb 25, 2007
Common sense,THAT WAS THE MOST INSENSITIVE STATEMENT A PERSON COULD EVER MAKE.Why would you say such a terrible thing,Clay demonstrated more courage and a will to survive,than you will ever know.Maybe you can take the time and learn from the people around killarney area.You live in a much better area.You need to go to the nearest hospital,and request a Heart.Ronald99
D Lucille

West Monroe, LA

#16 Feb 25, 2007
The article said he's a native of Mexico, more than likely, he and his family are illegal immigrants. My first reaction to the suspect was that he is an illegal immigrant- that is why they had so much trouble finding him. Only an immigrant would think that Clay Moore's family had money! Just because you live in a nice home doesn't mean you have money, quite the contrary, his family probably just makes ends meet like the rest of us!!
bje

Willow Springs, IL

#17 Feb 25, 2007
Kudos to this young man for having the presence of mind and self-sufficiency to free himself and seek help. I have a 13-year-old son and he would be mortified if I went with him to the bus stop. Having an adult present wouldn't necessarily have prevented the abduction. Frankly, I've never understood why the media seem reluctant to identify a criminal as an illegal immigrant. The citizens of this country are going to have to stand up and loudly object to the illegal invasion of our country (protests, writing letters to elected state and national officials and encouraging our local officials to pass ordinances that penalize employers of illegals). If we do not, our country will be taken without a fight.
just like I said

Sanford, FL

#18 Feb 25, 2007
I wrote a message on this board a day or so ago that there was the possibility that this kid was being kidnapped for ransom. 99% of the posts on this board just assumed it was some crazed pedophile. You people have bought into this media onslaught that there is a predator lurking on every corner in America. There is hysteria in this country that predators are out to steal, rape, and murder every kid alive.

That just ain't so. This is the biggest myth being perpetuated by the media.

According to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, your child has a far better chance of being abused by a relative that you know and trust than a stranger.

The media does a tremendous disservice by perpetuating the myth of stranger abuse and abductions. They do it for ratings, period. TV is awash with this filth, from the "To Catch A Predator" series to blaming MySpace for abusive acts against kids. I know of a mother who won't let her kids be photographed because she believes some predator is waiting to kidnap them if the pictures fall into the wrong hands. Then, of course, some idiot legislator passes some knee-jerk law that does nothing to protect kids in order to look good at election time.

There are a only a handful of cases each year where a predator kills a child. There were over 1500 cases (in 2003) of children being murdered by their parents. Which one gets the national spotlight???

If we really want to protect kids - make sure they have health care and adequate food and clothing - and make sure parents have viable, affordable alternatives for before and after-school care.

More than likely, this case will fizzle away from the public's interest very quickly because it doesn't involve some pedophile nutcase. Just watch and see...
Metrowest Hypocrite

Deland, FL

#19 Feb 25, 2007
Gee, it only took four posts for the racists to appear. I wonder if that's a record? Have you checked the green cards of your landscapers?
FPV

AOL

#20 Feb 25, 2007
I live in Manatee County, Florida. Congratulations to the student and his parents. Also, a Big Congratulations to our law enforcement team. Young Mr. Moore is a credit to teens everywhere. He was aware of his surroundings, gave descriptions of the truck and driver to law enforcement and kept presence of mind to do what many adults could not have done. All of us need to learn from this and help protect one another, especially our young people.
D Lucille

West Monroe, LA

#21 Feb 25, 2007
Metrowest Hypocrite wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee, it only took four posts for the racists to appear. I wonder if that's a record? Have you checked the green cards of your landscapers?
Please, before you call someone a racist, check the definition in the dictionary. Can you then please be more specific as to why this comment is racist?
Metrowest Hypocrite

Deland, FL

#22 Feb 25, 2007
"His name is Hispanic and he was a migrant worker."

Figure it out yourself, Lucy!
Altalando

Kissimmee, FL

#23 Feb 25, 2007
Come on, Sentinel.....CNN has had the guy's picture up for some time now. Don't you think that it would be a good idea to post it on your front page, seeing the FBI needs help locating him?
http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/02/25/florida.abdu...
Steve

Wildwood, FL

#24 Feb 25, 2007
Metrowest Hypocrite wrote:
<quoted text>
my landcaper ??? guess we come from different sides of the railroad tracks. And if I did have a landscaper who was illegal, i would do everything in my power to have him deported. i would love to be able to pick and choose the laws i wanted to obey also
Metrowest Hypocrite

Deland, FL

#25 Feb 25, 2007
Steve wrote:
<quoted text>
my landcaper ??? guess we come from different sides of the railroad tracks. And if I did have a landscaper who was illegal, i would do everything in my power to have him deported. i would love to be able to pick and choose the laws i wanted to obey also
No, your landscaper. That message was for the hypocrite living in Metrowest, not someone who can't spell landscaper, much less afford one.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Parrish Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
opiates where they at?? just moved here and bored Jan 23 dat man 1
Blues (Jul '14) Jan 23 dat man 3
cant find percocet anywhere!? (Aug '13) Jan 23 dat man 3
lopking for percocet in bradenton! (Aug '13) Jan 23 dat man 7
Village Green Murders (Jul '11) Jan 23 jenna 7
Review: Metal Mafia Customs Jan 16 SCHINDLER PIST 2
Bradenton psychologist charged with smuggling d... (Jan '12) Jan 16 MOSSAD PSYOPS 11
Parrish Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Parrish People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:47 pm PST

NBC Sports 2:47PM
Bucs dip into college ranks for new quarterbacks coach
Bleacher Report 5:36 PM