So. Idaho county bans residents from owning Pit Bulls

Full story: KREM.com 74
Do you think Pitbulls should be banned as pets? Dog owners react Payette County has had enough, no more pit bulls. Read more
Robster

Olympia, WA

#22 Jan 17, 2008
My deceased granny had only one use for dogs: in a stew pot. I agree. Dogs are seemingly nothing but slobbery, smelly, attention-giving substitutes for you dog owners who don't get enough attention from your human partners. As for the more vicious breeds, they are nothing but a fur-bearing shotgun with four legs, that you can legally own.
aj pitbull luvr

Mccall, ID

#23 Jan 30, 2008
pitbulls are not born mean they are actually very loving, and kind dogs i have a beautiful red-nosed pitbull and she is the sweetest thing. pitbulls are mean because of how they are raised. any dog can be a dangerous dog it isnt just pitbulls german shepards are just as mean but no one saya any thing about them.
myndi

Boise, ID

#24 Mar 16, 2008
wisher97 wrote:
knew a guy had a pit bull for 17 years fed and loved him everyday..the dog turned and took 3 inch hnad size chunk out of his leg..they are crazy dogs..man made for one purpose..to fight..
I'M SORRY BUT YOU ARE SO WRONG ABOUT PITS...THEY ARE THE MOST LOVING-KIND ANIMALS YOU CAN EVER HAVEAND THEY ARE NOT MAN MADE !!
GOD MADE ALL OUR ANIMALS INCLUDING PIT BULLS SO WHY DON'T YOU GO TO THE LIBRARY AND READ UP ON THEM ????
myndi

Boise, ID

#25 Mar 16, 2008
aj pitbull luvr wrote:
pitbulls are not born mean they are actually very loving, and kind dogs i have a beautiful red-nosed pitbull and she is the sweetest thing. pitbulls are mean because of how they are raised. any dog can be a dangerous dog it isnt just pitbulls german shepards are just as mean but no one saya any thing about them.
THANK YOU FOR CLARIFYING THAT !!! I HAVE A PURE BRED AMERICAN PIT AND HE IS THE MOST LOVING PET THERE IS !!
~PITBULLS~ 4~ LIFE~
myndi

Boise, ID

#26 Mar 16, 2008
OH MY GOD THIS IS JUST CRAZY !!! BANNING PITBULLS ??? WELL THEY MUST BE CRAZY !! THEY ARE THE MOST LOYAL AND LOVING PETS YOU CAN HAVE , SOME PEOPLE JUST USE THEM FOR THE WRONG REASONS , SO WHY DON'T WE BAN THE PEOPLE THAT BREED THEM TO FIGHT ?? OR RAISE THEM TO ATTACK ?? IT JUST AMAZES ME THE LAWS NOW DAYS.... I AM A PROUD PITBULL OWNER !!!!!!!!!!
Kate

Spokane, WA

#27 Mar 16, 2008
Do you have to yell all the time. Is there no peace in your life.

Since: Feb 08

San Antonio

#28 Mar 16, 2008
Capitalization is not yelling! It may be for added emphasis or it may be that having caps lock on makes it easier to see what is being typed. In any case, since there is no way to ban ignorant people, the only thing to do is PROTECT the breed by banning IT. They can't make you get rid of your beloved pitbull. They can just stop others from getting and mistreating them.
myndi

Boise, ID

#29 Mar 16, 2008
Kate wrote:
Do you have to yell all the time. Is there no peace in your life.
YES KATEI HAVE A VERY PEACFULL LIFE SO WHY DON'T U JUST SHUT UP !!!!!!!!!! HOW'S THAT FOR YELLING ? HAHA
Kate

Spokane, WA

#30 Mar 17, 2008
Yeah right, I had a neighbor as a kid who had his pit bulls turn on him and they found him dead in his own home. His family said they were the sweetest things and would never hurt anyone. Tell their family that pit bulls aren't nasty. I agree they should be banned. Just for the sake of saving people from them and their inbreeding for perfections.

Since: Feb 08

San Antonio

#31 Mar 18, 2008
Yes, stopping ignorant people from over-breeding and in-breeding is another good thing this ban will accomplish. About 25 years or so ago this same conversation was going on about german shepards and doberman pinschers. Any time a breed sustains popularity with the masses, over-breeding and inbreeding follow - with predictable and unwanted consequences. This is the exact point veterinarians and actually accredited breeders have been trying to make for years. If you cannot document the lineage and temperment, don't buy/get the animal! Not only would this preserve your safety, it would end puppy mills and any number of awful practices.
myndi

Boise, ID

#32 Mar 23, 2008
Well the law won once again.
I had 2 hours to "GET RID OF"
as they said , I say "FIND A HOME",for my American Pit or go to JAIL.
You know I can understand why they take the pits that have done damage but it is all about how the owner raises them,
I am deeply hurt that I no longer have my best friend.
I am saving money to find a new home so I can have my dog back.
Christina

Londonderry, NH

#33 Mar 25, 2008
I grew up in Payette and I remember being afraid of tied up, or not, "aggressive" dogs. I also lived down the street from a family who had the nicest German Shepherd I have ever met. My family owned a Black Lab and a German Shepherd, and their bark was a lot worse than their bite. Unfortunately, there are those who do get dogs just because they will act as a security system, or because they see a particular breed as a status symbol. I can understand those whose point of view is that no breed of dog should be banned because it is similar to racism for humans. However, if it is in the best interest of the dog then perhaps there should be a compromise: Get a special license to own an "aggressive breed" such as Rotweilers, Pit Bulls, Dobermans, etc. If people love their dogs regardless of breed as much as they claim, they would be willing to file, and if necessary, pay for a special license to own one. We require licenses for guns, vehicles, even for fishing and hunting...what makes owning a dog any different? If we make a law similar to this idea, not just for rural areas but around the nation, we would have less issues with abandoned pets and "aggressive" ones.
mindy

Boise, ID

#34 Apr 27, 2008
myndi is a dip @%IT
mindy

Boise, ID

#35 Apr 27, 2008
dip stick dip stick, myndi is a dip stick
Pony

Dayton, TN

#36 Apr 27, 2008
Proud Native American wrote:
You sound like a real inbred hillbilly bob!!! Your so stupid if you think YOU have more of a right to be in North America then Native Mexicans do. They have been in North America for thousands of years and your inbred disease infested A## has been here what 200-300 years. I'd like to rid the world of pieces of s67t like you who have no common sense at all.
<quoted text>
You have the right to be legally but if you are not legal go take care of your country and clean it up.
me_me

Driggs, WY

#37 Jun 5, 2008
I AM A LITTLE DISSAPOINTED IN WHERE THIS FORUM HAS LEFT OFF. IT DOES HOWEVER GIVE PEOPLE A BETTER IDEA OF WHERE ALL THE IGNORANCE AND HATE COMES FROM.
BAN A BREED, BAN A RACE?????? COME ON PEOPLE.
I AM AGAINST THE BAN OF PIT BULLS. I OWN THREE RED NOSE PIT BULLS, AND A LAB. MOST OF MY FAMILY
ARE PIT BULL OWNERS, AND NO WE DON'T ENGAGE IN ILLEGAL ACTIVITY.
THIS BREED IS VERY LOYAL, DUE TO THE LACK OF EDUCATION OF OWNERS THIS BREED HAS GOTTEN A VERY BAD RAP. I FIND MYSELF ALL THE TIME LEARNING SOMETHING NEW FROM ONE OF MY ANIMALS, THEY THEMSELVES ARE VERY GOOD TEACHERS, AS WELL AS STUDENTS.
I WOULD ASK THAT PEOPLE STOP THE VIOLENCE AGAINST
THESE ANIMALS DUE TO YOUR OWN IGNORANCE. FOR THOSE WHO SAY THAT THIS BREED IS MAN MADE KILLERS,
I SAY TO YOU, " WHAT ELSE HAS MAN MADE THAT IS KILLING MORE OF US THAN THIS BREED OF DOG?"
GUNS
TABACCO
SOME MEDICATIONS ect. ect. ect
cherie card from idaho

Kellogg, ID

#38 Jul 25, 2008
Robster wrote:
My deceased granny had only one use for dogs: in a stew pot. I agree. Dogs are seemingly nothing but slobbery, smelly, attention-giving substitutes for you dog owners who don't get enough attention from your human partners. As for the more vicious breeds, they are nothing but a fur-bearing shotgun with four legs, that you can legally own.
What a complete asshole.Dogs are the sweetest most loving animals on the planet you cold hearted freak......
cherie card from idaho

Kellogg, ID

#39 Jul 25, 2008
I totally agree with you.My family have owned pitt bulls for the last 15 years.they are intelligent,so sweet,ball chasers,protective.as I think any dog can be.It depends like you said on who and how we as humans raise them. My family now has four pitt bulls and they are all the sweetest most loving dogs because they are treated so well(like all animals should be)People are so closed minded on this subject and its us that has done it to these poor abused dogs.Thay didnt have the choice to be abused or in a living family. My pitt bull is my fifth child.He is treated that way too. I have been chased by many dogs none of which were pitt bulls. People need to quit listening to the newscast that give these dogs a bad name even when they have done nothing wrong.You ever notice when there is a story about a dog they usually just say dog unless its a pitbull then its there was a pitt bull thats such discrimination. I am glad to read your comment and hope there are many more like you lout there. thanks
me_me wrote:
I AM A LITTLE DISSAPOINTED IN WHERE THIS FORUM HAS LEFT OFF. IT DOES HOWEVER GIVE PEOPLE A BETTER IDEA OF WHERE ALL THE IGNORANCE AND HATE COMES FROM.
BAN A BREED, BAN A RACE?????? COME ON PEOPLE.
I AM AGAINST THE BAN OF PIT BULLS. I OWN THREE RED NOSE PIT BULLS, AND A LAB. MOST OF MY FAMILY
ARE PIT BULL OWNERS, AND NO WE DON'T ENGAGE IN ILLEGAL ACTIVITY.
THIS BREED IS VERY LOYAL, DUE TO THE LACK OF EDUCATION OF OWNERS THIS BREED HAS GOTTEN A VERY BAD RAP. I FIND MYSELF ALL THE TIME LEARNING SOMETHING NEW FROM ONE OF MY ANIMALS, THEY THEMSELVES ARE VERY GOOD TEACHERS, AS WELL AS STUDENTS.
I WOULD ASK THAT PEOPLE STOP THE VIOLENCE AGAINST
THESE ANIMALS DUE TO YOUR OWN IGNORANCE. FOR THOSE WHO SAY THAT THIS BREED IS MAN MADE KILLERS,
I SAY TO YOU, " WHAT ELSE HAS MAN MADE THAT IS KILLING MORE OF US THAN THIS BREED OF DOG?"
GUNS
TABACCO
SOME MEDICATIONS ect. ect. ect
Wendy

Boise, ID

#40 Jul 31, 2008
any dog at 17 years old would be agressive. face it they shouldnt live that long. I have two pits that are the most well behaved dogs ive ever owned. They are smart, loyal and very easy to train. They are a good gard dog with out being agressive cuz so many people are afraid of them. Some one robbed my house with my dogs in the house... just give them love, attention, and I never say BAD DOG.
Redcrown

Englewood, CO

#41 Aug 18, 2008
Dave wrote:
I think the problem is with the fact that many of them have owners that are training them to be violent. The issue is many of the owners that are the reason Payette County is doing this run meth labs out of their homes. I have talked with Payette County Sherriff's deputies before who stated that a violent pit bull is almost 100% certain to be guarding a meth lab.
<quoted text>
If violent pitbulls(American Staffordshire Terriers) are usually gaurding methlabs, then police should be using them to track down meth labs. Just have everyone register their dogs and follow the people that buy them. It would give police a reason to go in their houses to make sure the dogs are properly liscenced and registered. Or you could just follow one cranked out person around town and find about 2 to 5 dealers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Parma Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Girls ever find some messing with your panties ... Jan '15 JackAttack198 1
deer flat methodist church Dec '14 Dawn 2
News Where are dogs allowed? Therapy dog rules unclear Nov '14 Vince Stead 1
News Remember the Dodge Raider (Aug '14) Oct '14 Running raider 2
Review: Eklektik Chic (May '14) Jul '14 Queensophia 3
chec k this out! (Sep '13) Sep '13 Raul Kats 1
Jacksons (Sep '11) Sep '11 Toots 1
Parma Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web