So. Idaho county bans residents from owning Pit Bulls

Full story: KREM.com

Do you think Pitbulls should be banned as pets? Dog owners react Payette County has had enough, no more pit bulls.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of68
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Chelsea Beernink

Redmond, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2007

Judged:

People are so arrogant these days they think getting rid of Pitbulls will resolve their dog issue what happens when Rotweilers become popular again? Why don't they just ban dogs! The biggest reason why pitbulls are a "problem" is because they are the majority of our dog population...if everybody owened a lab then their would be problems with labs also. We need to have awarness and maybe need to have stronger laws if someone wants to own any kind of dog. We have to have a license to drive but not to be completly responsible for something that no matter what dog breed is potentially dangerous. Someone needs to come up with a creative solution other then just banning one breed because that is not a solution!
Suzi

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2007

Judged:

The problem is not so much with the breed of the dog but the quality of the owner. Any dog is the product of its enviroment. True the pit has a nasty reputation. and they are notoriously hard to train. I feel that if one wants to own a pit or any other breed, they had better to be willing and able to care for and train their animal or by pass the opportunity. A dog should, in my opinion, be a part of your family and is just as important as one of your children. If you just want to buy one to tie up in the back yard and ignore, then you are going to have a problem no matter what breed.

If you take on a dog. Be prepared to make it part of your life. For the entire life of the animal.
China -boise id

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2007

Judged:

I am the owner of 2 wonderful pits. Never an issue with either one. You can contribute aggressive behavior of ANY dog back to the owner. There are bad dogs in EVERY breed. Actually, studies show that labs have the most reported attacks on people. The only reason pits are so publisised is because of the damage they do when they do attack. People need to stop fearing what they don't know and quit being so ignorant and open their minds. This breed is loyal, loving, fearless-just amazing.
kiki eagle id

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2007

Judged:

LET ME SAY THIS... WHEN I MOVED HOME MY MOM WAS SO SCARED, I HAD BROUGHT A PIT HOME AND SHE WASNT BUDGING!!! WELL TO SAY THE LEAST SHE LAYS ON THE FLOOR AND PLAYS WITH HIM AT NIGHT BEFORE SHE GOES TO BED!!! MY PIT LOVES HIS FAMILY AND PROTECTS US TO THE FULLEST, NEVER SHOWS AGGRESSION TO ANYONE AND EVERY TIME I LOOK AT HIM I KNOW THAT THIS IS GOING TO BE THE ONLY DOG I'LL EVER OWN!!!
UsANDThem

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2007

Judged:

China -boise id...my feelings, exactly!
"loyal, loving, fearless-just amazing."
Joey M - Weiser

Chehalis, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2007

Judged:

I have 2 pits right now and have had several others over the years. They are not "notoriously hard to train". They are, in fact, notoriously easy to train. Loving owners have naturally loving dogs - mean, agressive people have agressive pit bulls. Banning bullies (the people) would solve a lot more problems. Show your kids love and they will show their pets love. Then those kids will grow up having loving dogs. Pretty simple? Yup.
Dave

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2007

Judged:

I think the problem is with the fact that many of them have owners that are training them to be violent. The issue is many of the owners that are the reason Payette County is doing this run meth labs out of their homes. I have talked with Payette County Sherriff's deputies before who stated that a violent pit bull is almost 100% certain to be guarding a meth lab.
Chelsea Beernink wrote:
People are so arrogant these days they think getting rid of Pitbulls will resolve their dog issue what happens when Rotweilers become popular again? Why don't they just ban dogs! The biggest reason why pitbulls are a "problem" is because they are the majority of our dog population...if everybody owened a lab then their would be problems with labs also. We need to have awarness and maybe need to have stronger laws if someone wants to own any kind of dog. We have to have a license to drive but not to be completly responsible for something that no matter what dog breed is potentially dangerous. Someone needs to come up with a creative solution other then just banning one breed because that is not a solution!
Dave

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2007

To give myself authenticity, I am a former resident of New Plymouth, ID, in Payette Co.
Bully breed lover

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2007

Judged:

I am the Proud owner of three georgous american red nose pit bulls and i have grown up around the breed my whole life they are the most loving trusting loyal breed on the planet. I have numbers of people approach me while walking my dogs and pet them putting their faces within inches of my dogs and then the minute they ask what kind of dog it is and i tell them its a pit bull they say oh my these dogs are mean and start walking the other way its people like that in this world who are so closed minded and ignorant to the point where they the breed will never be let down the impression of a natural born killer
stephen stolley

Coeur D Alene, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2007

Judged:

Pit bulls are not bad dogs olny the people who raise them.. sumtimes dogs bite out of fear or they get startled thats not thair fault my dog bit my nose one time when startled him by waking him up from a dream... then he cryd for a few minouts and sulked around feeling bad about it some times its just a natral reaction... most bites are not just bad dogs herting people there are reasons examples , fear , bing taunted , beatin , misstreated , or neglectied, and there are a few others. Dogs rarly bite for no reason

“im just me , no more , no less”

Since: Jul 07

Martinez Ca ~ Now in WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2007

They are DOGS , they are OUR pets , nots the other way around.... if a dog is not behaving as should , its the "trainer/owner" that is the problem and should be the one answering questions . not an age old breed that has been nothing but loyal even to royalty
Mike

Boise, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2007

Judged:

Stupid, absolutely stupid. To ban a breed of dog is as bad as racial segregation. The public officials that start this kind of crap should be booted from office pronto. If they are so misguided and uneducated to pass BSL, (breed specific legislation) I certainly do not want them making ANY OTHER important decisions.
wisher97

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2007

Judged:

knew a guy had a pit bull for 17 years fed and loved him everyday..the dog turned and took 3 inch hnad size chunk out of his leg..they are crazy dogs..man made for one purpose..to fight..

Martinez Ca ~ Now in WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2007

Judged:

wisher97 wrote:
knew a guy had a pit bull for 17 years fed and loved him everyday..the dog turned and took 3 inch hnad size chunk out of his leg..they are crazy dogs..man made for one purpose..to fight..
No dog is man made !! thats just idiosy to even say , and they werent Breed for fighting thats way they say PIT BULL they were used to bring BULLS into the PITS for ranchers .... Mine is a very sweet loyal and loving dog, as was any that i have owned , they are great with the heards , horses and my children, it takes a good person to raise such a smart dog , if half our population was as smart and loyal as these breeds which are TERRIERS we would have the problems we do...

Martinez Ca ~ Now in WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2007

*woundnt have :)
Not Pet People

Caldwell, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2007

Judged:

The problem I have run into here in Canyon County is ,forgive the finger pointing at a race, Mexican Pit Bull owners. Many of them are getting Pit Bulls as a status symbol and do not treat them as pets, but property.
My neighbor has four, and one night none of them were tied up. One of the dogs was very aggressive and ran at me when taking the trash out. They put a pile of dog food in the driveway to feed their dogs.
On one occasion in Lakeview Park, I witnessed a Mexican man screaming at his Pit Bull. You don't treat an animal that's part of your family like that. The problem is growing exponentially as they breed them like crazy.
They don't seem to even consider getting any other breed, which leads me to believe it's only because of the "tough" reputation that Pit Bulls have. I love all breeds, but if banning will stop people from irresponsibly raising them, then that's what is needed. The authorities are not able to control the problem as it is right now.

Martinez Ca ~ Now in WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2007

Judged:

Not Pet People wrote:
The problem I have run into here in Canyon County is ,forgive the finger pointing at a race, Mexican Pit Bull owners. Many of them are getting Pit Bulls as a status symbol and do not treat them as pets, but property.
My neighbor has four, and one night none of them were tied up. One of the dogs was very aggressive and ran at me when taking the trash out. They put a pile of dog food in the driveway to feed their dogs.
On one occasion in Lakeview Park, I witnessed a Mexican man screaming at his Pit Bull. You don't treat an animal that's part of your family like that. The problem is growing exponentially as they breed them like crazy.
They don't seem to even consider getting any other breed, which leads me to believe it's only because of the "tough" reputation that Pit Bulls have. I love all breeds, but if banning will stop people from irresponsibly raising them, then that's what is needed. The authorities are not able to control the problem as it is right now.
i say ban the damn race.... more then half shouldnt be here to begin with but thats a whole other story, it was reported several months ago that over half our country is now illegals per capita !!! go home !! Im damn tired of having to press a buttom to speak my native damn english ! I want to keep MY dog and english as a primary, since some cant understand what the words training and family pets mean maby they shouldnt be here just like if you dont understand what stop and hands up mean , you deserve to be shot ... no brainer realy
kristy featherville ID

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2007

Judged:

I have to say banning Pit Bulls is soooooooo stupid I've been raised with Pit Bulls and Dobermans my whole life and I have to say my Pit is the most loyal pet I have ever had. People need to relize its the idiots of the mean ones that ruin it for the ones who really do love and care for the Pit. My dog is with me where ever I go and around many different people and cultures I have never had a problem with him what so ever. So what is the city going to do? are they going home to home and checking for Pit Bulls? Do people relize little dogs do damage too?
Proud Native American

Peoria, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2007

Judged:

You sound like a real inbred hillbilly bob!!! Your so stupid if you think YOU have more of a right to be in North America then Native Mexicans do. They have been in North America for thousands of years and your inbred disease infested A## has been here what 200-300 years. I'd like to rid the world of pieces of s67t like you who have no common sense at all.
Tabby wrote:
<quoted text>
i say ban the damn race.... more then half shouldnt be here to begin with but thats a whole other story, it was reported several months ago that over half our country is now illegals per capita !!! go home !! Im damn tired of having to press a buttom to speak my native damn english ! I want to keep MY dog and english as a primary, since some cant understand what the words training and family pets mean maby they shouldnt be here just like if you dont understand what stop and hands up mean , you deserve to be shot ... no brainer realy

Martinez Ca ~ Now in WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2008

Judged:

Proud Native American wrote:
You sound like a real inbred hillbilly bob!!! Your so stupid if you think YOU have more of a right to be in North America then Native Mexicans do. They have been in North America for thousands of years and your inbred disease infested A## has been here what 200-300 years. I'd like to rid the world of pieces of s67t like you who have no common sense at all.
<quoted text>
LOLOLOL thats funny , glad to see you have an opinion about something :) however this IS my native land .....
Wa is working in the right direction to get good publicity for these wonderful creatures , the new valley police dog is a beautiful Black and white Pit bull terrier :) What an awsome thing to see these dogs respected again in some places :)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of68
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Parma Discussions

Search the Parma Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Thanking Veterans 11 hr Keith Nielson 1
Review: Battery The Exchange Mar 21 Luis Vega 1
Caldwell Idaho's Canyon College Never Authorize... Jan '14 Linda 1
anyone awake????!!! Dec '13 wondering 1
ID Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Idaho in ... (Oct '10) Dec '13 Keith 4
chec k this out! (Sep '13) Sep '13 Raul Kats 1
ID Who do you support for Controller in Idaho in 2... (Oct '10) Dec '11 Post name 2
•••
•••
•••
Parma Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Parma Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Parma People Search