Krystal Koons Chev. White Marsh WOW'e...

Krystal Koons Chev. White Marsh WOW'ed my 88 year old dad - ripped him off $600

Posted in the Parkville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Mondo

Belcamp, MD

#1 Mar 19, 2006
Did approx.$600 in authorized repairs to his vehicle and claimed he authorized the repairs after it broledown and was towed in.

An outright lie - the vehicle was in the shop for a new starter, a new battery and a fuel filter and nothing more was ever authorized.

Koons claims that they record telephone conversations and have the conversation with my dad on audiotape but when pressed to produce the tape then say it only has their portion of the conversation on tape and not the customer.

Recording a phone call without the customers consent would be illegal in MD. Since they know there was no such authorization they "qualified" their claim eitht he exclusion.

The service writer added on the brake adjustment, cleaning brake dust off the wheels, a power steering flush, cleaning the fuel injectors and replacing of the spark plug wires without authorization to the tune of $586.21 plus tax.

The service manager there is an icompetent lying pathetic little dweeb who would take no action in correcting the matter and called me a liar.

The Consumer Protection Division of the MD State Attorneys office is now investigating the matter.

Stay Away from KOON'S Chevrolet in White Marsh. RIPOFF!

The States Attorney recently fined Koon's white Marsh $25,000 due to deceptive advertising.

Krystal Koons is a leech! Hey Krystal BITE ME YOU EFF'ING THIEF!
Collete Benson

Mechelen, Belgium

#2 Apr 1, 2006
They did the same thing to us. They addeded on over four hundred dollars of repairs we never discussed or asked them to do. They wouldn't let us have out car until we paid the bill. When we tried to talk to the serivce manager there he wouldn't even speak with us.

I won't ever go back to the service department of Koons Chevrolet at White Marsh again.
A Johnson

United States

#3 Jun 13, 2006
I brought a truck from koon's white marsh and was rip off i thought we had a regular car loan and ended up with a ballon payment now that's it time for the truck to be paid in full i'am going to write the state attorneys office and let them know they need to be close down ripping off hard working people.
JAC

Baltimore, MD

#4 Jul 6, 2006
In The Spring, I Took My Truck In For A Factory Recall For Brake Sensor To Be Done, I Asked Them To Check The Brakes All Around, They Called Later And Said I Needed Rear Brakes And Rotor, They Quoted Me $865.00 For The Job, I Wasted No Time In Declining The Job, I Still Get Mail Today Saying I Still Need To Have The Work Done. I Had Brakes Put On The Rear 6 Months Prior At A Different Location, Needless To Say, I Will Not Go Back To Koon's White Marsh .
Gary

Woodstock, MD

#5 Aug 2, 2006
BEWARE of the bait and switch. I went to Koons Chevy in White Marsh to look at a vehicle I had seen on the internet. When I arrived I saw the vehicle was marked higher than the internet price. I told the sales person about the price difference and they spoke to someone and told me they would honor the internet price. After driving the vehicle and sitting down to do the paperwork I was told that the internet price was a MISTAKE and they could not honor it. I then asked to speak to the manager and in came the most unproffessional aragant person you could ask for. He told me that if I did not like the price I could leave. When I told him the bait and switch was illegal he said "I'll see you in court" it was not so much the price difference as I went to another dealer and spent more on another vehicle, it was the principal and the way I was treated. Please let this be a lesson to all and just look at the nice buiding they have as you drive by to another dealer!!!!!
Harold

AOL

#6 Aug 16, 2006
I TOOK MY SON VEHILCE TO KOONS FOR A HIGH TEMP SENSOR WHICH WOULD NOT PASS INSPECTION I WAS TOLD IT NEEDED 2500.00 DOLLARS WORTH OF WORK AFTER SPEAKING WITH THE SERVICE ADVISOR ,I WAS ABLE TO GET THE PRICE TO 1200.00 TO GET IT PASS INSPECTION

ONCE THE CAR WAS REPAIRED MY SON TOOK IT FOR INSPECTION AND IT FAILED FOR THE SAME ITEMS KOONS WAS SUPPOSED TO HAVE SERVICED, WHEN I TOOK BACK THEY TOLD ME I HAD TO GET THE OTHER ITEMS FIX .

AFTER BECOMING VERY VOCAL THEY REPAIRED WHAT WAS SUPPOSED BE REPAIRED AND THE CAR PASSED INSPECTION
John

Nottingham, MD

#7 Aug 24, 2006
Alex Hafer is the general scumbag...oops, I mean general manager of Koons Chevrolet in White Marsh. He insulted me and told me and my family to leave the dealership and never come back. I have never been so humiliated and insulted in my entire life. All of this because I asked to speak to the manager after noticing unauthorized charges on our invoice! My kids didn't know what was going on as we were basically forced out of the dealership! Mr. Koons, why would you let this tyrant run your dealership with such a Nazi regime? Don't worry, I WILL see you and he in court!
Karl

Abingdon, MD

#8 Sep 1, 2006
Bought a new 05 Suburban. Was told I'd get a complimentary 1st oil change. Confirmed 3 times on the phone. Dropped off the car fro a recall, so figured I'd save a few $$ and once again, asked If I could get the complientary oil change while there (It wasn't worth the hour round trip drive to just save $15 on an oil change alone, but since I already had to go for the recall, I figured why not.) I then get an email stating "Customer Pay - requests 9,000 mile service" I call, they now say they know nothing of this. After a half hour on the phone, they agree to write off the oil change.
ehoberg

Washington, DC

#9 Sep 22, 2006
same thing happens every where. went to a dealer in F'berg va that said they found the cause of the problem for which I took the car in.$1,700 later and a ten of a mile from Bill Britt VW, the problem reoccurs. I went back to the dealer and while waiting for the manager, reviewed my bill (different paper than the estimate) and it says right there, "could not find the problem." I pulled into a quickmart on the way home, some drunk guy gets on the ground and looks under my car and diagnoses the problem instantly. Jiffy Lube left the old gasket on when they were changing the oil so there were two gaskets, causing smoking.

they are everywhere. I can litanize the list of crooks and crooked places we've encountered since coming here. This place is more crooked than LA, especially in the Stafford/Fredericksburg area.
Edward

Alexandria, VA

#10 Dec 14, 2006
I am living a nightmare with Koons Tysons Corner Chevrolet. I had my 02 Malibu towed in from their College Pk, MD location on August 25 to the TC location and it is still there. They have supposedly done a engine tear down to diagnose what's causing the knocking sound. It's going on 4 mths. My family and I have no means of personal transportation in the interim. The level of service supposedly provided by the Service Advisor is completely horrific. It appears that I have no advocate. A claim has been opened on the vehicle and the insurance adjuster is still waiting on the repair cost estimate and diagnostic report from the dealership. I've since called the Customer Relations Spclst and the Service Director to express this experience, only to receive their voicemail. It is sad to say, neither one has followed-up with a return call. I am planning on taking this entire ordeal public so no else will have to experience what I am enduring at this time.
Joe

Sykesville, MD

#11 Mar 4, 2007
I had agreed on a price with Koons on a mustang and everything was fine.....but when we sat down to do some paperwork they increased some numbers.(as if I would just sign something without reading it. After alerting them to the dicrepenacy, they said hey could't honor the price. Thier comment was..."Oh its only a couple of hundred bucks" I agreed and said your right so it should be no problem for you to honor your quote. They refused and the unbelievable part was the sales manager refused to come out and speak with me. Not only is he a dishonest crook, he is a COWARD! Even if you have to pay more...BUY ELSEWHERE....YOU WILL SAVE MONEY IN THE LONG RUN>
alex haher

Suffolk, VA

#12 Sep 1, 2007
sorry your miss informed the general mgr at the time of your situation was richard blaine i left
white marsh april 5 2006 !!!!
alex haher

Suffolk, VA

#13 Sep 1, 2007
sorry to hear you had a bad experence,i left koons
april 5 2006. who did you speak too.?????????
alex hafer

Suffolk, VA

#14 Sep 1, 2007
soory you had a bed experence, i left koons april,2 2006 .!!!!!!!!! who are you refering too.?????????
alex hafer

Suffolk, VA

#15 Sep 1, 2007
LEFT KOOS 0N APRIL 5, 2006 !!!!!!!!
alex hafer

Suffolk, VA

#16 Sep 1, 2007
LEFT KOONS APRIL 5 2006!!!!!!!!!!
alex hafer

Suffolk, VA

#17 Sep 1, 2007
LEFT KOONS APRIL 5 2006 !!!!!!!!!!
Jim Deep

Dover, DE

#18 Feb 21, 2008
Krystal Koons and Billy Mays from those other annoying commercials should breed.
Ed Woodward

Royal Oak, MI

#19 Mar 11, 2008
I took my silverado in to have warranty work done to the brakes (the rotors were falling apart) they would not warranty it. Had to take it to bob bell to have it replaced. They gave me shit and actually got pissed at me for wanting it repaired under warranty.
Cyndi

North East, MD

#20 Nov 4, 2008
I Bought a 04 Pacifica from koons white marsh in february 08. since i have had the car it has been makings noises after taking back to koons the told me it was wheel stoppers i was hearing and i should take it to a chrysler dealer, well i did put new brakes on the car and still have the problem, so i just started taking the car for its maint. there at the chrysler dealer untill they closed down. so now we took the car to a independent dealer who is a inspection station goes to change the oil finds out that the whole passenger side of the frame is rusted all the way through. Everyone that i have spoke with says that in the 8 months that i have had the car there is no way possible that this has happened and this car should and would not pass inspection. I would love to get feed back and sugesstions so please reply to this ad.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Parkville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dead cat on Allegheny Nov 7 Game Saint 1
noise pollution Oct '16 trixie 1
Why is Jody LeCornu's case not solved? Jenny Le... Sep '16 JennyLeCornuCarrieri 1
News Should Pit Bulls Be Banned in Towson? Readers R... (May '16) May '16 Fitus T Bluster 1
News Hundreds show support for housing bill in Balti... (Apr '16) Apr '16 Fitus T Bluster 1
Jolly Shows carnival returns to White Marsh Mal... (Apr '16) Apr '16 montydad5000 1
It's a Happy New Year for Truck Driver, who is ... (Jan '15) Jan '15 Prayer 1

Parkville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Parkville Mortgages