Town seeks county help in new wastewa...

Town seeks county help in new wastewater plan Parksley officials...

There are 2 comments on the The Daily Times story from May 21, 2007, titled Town seeks county help in new wastewater plan Parksley officials.... In it, The Daily Times reports that:

“We could consider the option of maybe looking at some of this land you've got there because it's reserved as a drainfield”

PARKSLEY -- The Accomack County Board of Supervisors made no decision on Wednesday night regarding a request from Parksley town officials for $312,000 for a sewage treatment system in the town's central ... via The Daily Times

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Daily Times.

baysider8

Stockton, CA

#1 May 21, 2007
The land by the elementry school is the place for parksley business' to pump sewage. The fact of building's on top of there septic systems can aquire a tank system to be pumped every 6 month's. This cost is appr. the same as getting your grass cut.
Native

Townsend, GA

#2 Jun 10, 2007
I was born on the shore and was shocked to see the conditions of the beautiful small villages. There needs to be some strong leadership to improve sewage problems, the sad state of many of victorian homes and the dismal deterioration of many of the lovely villages on the water. The shore should stop fighting the influx of people. Instead they should welcome them. For more people means a need for the natives on the shore to open more businesses, and a reason for the young people to stay. The shore needs to step up and give tourist a reason to stay. Refresh your towns with a little paint and a lot of smiles. The only reason Walmart will cause stores to close, is if, you use it as an excuse. The shore desperately needs better shopping opportunities. Step up and give it to them. Villages - your goal should be to form committies - paint what needs to be painted. Fix up, or tear down if necessary, eyesores in your town. Plant flowers. entice your visitors to stay. A Lover of the Shore

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Parksley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Emails about the mystery in the sky (Mar '09) Oct '16 DJR 226
News Man Arrested for Shooting Four People In Parksley (Dec '14) Dec '14 wobbly boy 1
Election Who do you support for Member House of Represen... (Oct '10) Jun '14 Mr Ed 5
Know of any online surveys I can take that are ... (Dec '13) Dec '13 visupiduqen 2
Why is my experiance score way higher than my e... (Dec '13) Dec '13 bijunuqolot 2
Are excess scholarships taxed by the Canadian G... (Dec '13) Dec '13 nalovakewil 2
I need the simalarities and diffrences between ... (Dec '13) Dec '13 tawibugaxewa 2

Parksley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Parksley Mortgages