Baby, Crime, Parkin, Arkansas, Baby D...

Baby, Crime, Parkin, Arkansas, Baby Death

There are 49 comments on the WREG story from Oct 5, 2010, titled Baby, Crime, Parkin, Arkansas, Baby Death. In it, WREG reports that:

Six week old Ivan Wooten's life was cut tragically short. Parkin Arkansas Police were called to his home Saturday after little Ivan was discovered not breathing.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WREG.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
sad

Memphis, TN

#1 Oct 5, 2010
sad news
jim

United States

#2 Oct 5, 2010
sad news about the baby death.bad news that at 18 she has 3 kids.
Dorothy

Arlington, TN

#3 Oct 5, 2010
If the young lady was at work that night and had paid a sitter, would it made a difference. I think that the investogators should not make the statements on what their personal beleif is with out facts.
guest

United States

#4 Oct 5, 2010
It could be worse. At least she didn't pour gas on two little dogs and set them on fire.
Lynne

Milan, TN

#6 Oct 5, 2010
How can you say she's a caring mother when she left her six WEEK old child to go out partying?

When my children were six weeks of age I NEVER wanted to be out of their sight.

This story makes me livid because it's a tragedy that could've been totally avoided.

Lynne
guest

Searcy, AR

#7 Oct 5, 2010
I totally agree my children are 6 and 4 and i havent been out partying since before i was pregnant with my 6 year old and I had her at when i was 18. I guess some people grow up when they have children and well others... i guess you can see what happens to them. It's sad that there are so many people out there that want a child and cant have one and then there are people that have them and just let whatever happen to them.
8Gauge

Philippines

#8 Oct 6, 2010
This happens all the time!! Very sad!!

I hope she gets what she deserves!!
pppaaa

Memphis, TN

#9 Oct 6, 2010
nothing suprise me n e more
memphisescape

Olive Branch, MS

#10 Oct 6, 2010
Who called the police? If she left the child unsupervised who was there to discover the baby? I don't see the other children calling the police if they were left alone an adult had to be there to call.
trace

Carlinville, IL

#11 Oct 6, 2010
very sad ordeal god rest his little soul !!!! if she had payed a baby sitter who she pay where was they ? they also need to be charged and put in jail .. how old was the other children? sounds to me that she could not of been a good caring mother to leave her 6 week old baby and her other 2 children to go partying... i have 2 kids 12 and 10 and am raising my sister 2 kids 12 and 11 and i dont let my children out of my site no more then to go to school ... let alone for me to go partying i woukd never imagine leaven my 6 week old .. god dont like ugly hope they get to the bottom of it and those get what the deserve !!!!
kaw

Decatur, MS

#12 Oct 6, 2010
Lynne wrote:
How can you say she's a caring mother when she left her six WEEK old child to go out partying?
When my children were six weeks of age I NEVER wanted to be out of their sight.
This story makes me livid because it's a tragedy that could've been totally avoided.
Lynne
Well that doesnt make her a bad mother because she went out. Everyone doesnt think like you.
MEE

Washington, DC

#13 Oct 6, 2010
well she is black, go figure that one!!!!! what a loser
Mississippi

Memphis, TN

#14 Oct 6, 2010
Yes,where were the auntie & mother PAID to watch the baby???
Mississippi

Memphis, TN

#15 Oct 6, 2010
kaw wrote:
<quoted text>
Well that doesnt make her a bad mother because she went out. Everyone doesnt think like you.
KAW-doesnt make her a bad mother for going out BUT, it shows that she wasnt a GOOD mother at the same time! She shouldnt have left AND, did I hear them say she is 19 yrs old? JESUS H CHRIST!! and TWO OTHER KIDS????????
She certainly should not have anymore ? Besides, if she's on goverment $$, where did she get the money to go out?????
BIG MOMMA

Washington, DC

#16 Oct 6, 2010
Now, I am a mother of 6 and if I have left someone in charge of my children, I would expect them to take care of my children. So, she went out to party, so what, but she left the child in her mother's custody. Why are they're not charged. For that policeman to say, what kind of mother would go out and party, then leave her 1 month baby in someone elses care! Please, you would be surprised. A lot of parents does this, but their child does not end up dead.
Concerned Momma

Collierville, TN

#17 Oct 6, 2010
Another partying mother and another dead baby....what a surprise. What's wrong with these women?
Lynne

Milan, TN

#18 Oct 6, 2010
kaw wrote:
<quoted text>
Well that doesnt make her a bad mother because she went out. Everyone doesnt think like you.
Yes it does!

I think it's incredibly irresponsible for her to be more concerned with partying than staying at home and caring for her six WEEK old newborn.

When you consider that she's nineteen years old and has two additional children it shows you were her priorities lie. Maybe she needs to be sterilized. It's obvious that she's incapable of controlling her own reproduction.

I'm quite aware that everyone doesn't think like me, but isn't it interesting that most of the posts on this forum do?

Lynne
Concerned Momma

Collierville, TN

#19 Oct 6, 2010
MEE wrote:
well she is black, go figure that one!!!!! what a loser
Why bring race into this? White people mistreat and kill their babies too.
WHEW

Memphis, TN

#20 Oct 6, 2010
memphisescape wrote:
Who called the police? If she left the child unsupervised who was there to discover the baby? I don't see the other children calling the police if they were left alone an adult had to be there to call.
GREAT POINT!!!
WHEW

Memphis, TN

#21 Oct 6, 2010
trace wrote:
very sad ordeal god rest his little soul !!!! if she had payed a baby sitter who she pay where was they ? they also need to be charged and put in jail .. how old was the other children? sounds to me that she could not of been a good caring mother to leave her 6 week old baby and her other 2 children to go partying... i have 2 kids 12 and 10 and am raising my sister 2 kids 12 and 11 and i dont let my children out of my site no more then to go to school ... let alone for me to go partying i woukd never imagine leaven my 6 week old .. god dont like ugly hope they get to the bottom of it and those get what the deserve !!!!
Bulls**t...you must not work. Neither does God like us passing judgement but you seem to have perfected that!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Parkin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dopers of Wynne 21 min Obamadolls 6
Boy y'all 2 hr guest 1
Word Game (Oct '10) 3 hr Mr Daily 752
Make Parkin Great Again Sun Kayla Stevenson 1
Mays Chapel School (Feb '08) Sun On of His 8
Jeremy AKA "catshit" Apr 26 Curious Bara 1
News City of Parkin/Cross County in lawsuit concerni... (Jun '11) Apr 18 Guest 17
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Parkin Mortgages