VALLEY DIGEST With Roscoe Barnes III:...

VALLEY DIGEST With Roscoe Barnes III: Road reopens; beacons ready to protect pedestrians

There are 2 comments on the Public Opinion story from Dec 12, 2010, titled VALLEY DIGEST With Roscoe Barnes III: Road reopens; beacons ready to protect pedestrians. In it, Public Opinion reports that:

Marsh Run Road has been reopened to traffic after having been closed since mid-June for a bridge replacement project, according to Greg Penny, spokesman for the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation, District 8. Construction crews had closed the Marsh Run Road bridge over the West Branch of Antietam Creek near Waynesboro in Washington Township.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Public Opinion.

Roads Scholar

Gettysburg, PA

#1 Dec 13, 2010
Waynesboro needs to do something to prevent head-on collisions especially at night, until such time as the roadway marking fiasco is corrected. Physical barriers on the yellow line are absolutely essential.

I would recommend that folks ride through at night to see what I am talking about but it is too dangerous to do so.

The joint sealant material used here makes the joints appear as white lines.

I inspected road construction for 35 years in MD and this is absolutely the worst roadway marking abomination that I have ever seen.
Just Another Bubba

Chambersburg, PA

#2 Dec 13, 2010
Mr Scholar, you sir are 100% correct, the joint sealer relects more light than the lane marking paint. Worse in the rain or snow.

I thought it was my eyes playing tricks on me.

Of course the fancy Victorian lighting downtown, although pretty, doesnt cast enough light onto the street to allow good visibility either.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Parkesburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Who is ruining american society? (Nov '07) Jul 3 Diego-619 118
Debate: Marijuana - Coatesville, PA (Aug '10) Mar '16 Jacky 30
Bruce Johnston Gang (Nov '14) Nov '14 Len 1
News Dinniman invites comment on new stations (Sep '14) Sep '14 paul 1
News Chambersburg teachers experience the Chinese ed... (Jul '14) Jul '14 RayH 1
Review: EMB Specialty LLC Chester County Pa In... (Mar '10) Feb '14 V Lopshire 10
News Latest search warrant shows early morning timel... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Johnnomads 1

Parkesburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Parkesburg Mortgages