Former Lancaster-area teacher jailed ...

Former Lancaster-area teacher jailed for affair

There are 48 comments on the The York Daily Record story from May 25, 2010, titled Former Lancaster-area teacher jailed for affair. In it, The York Daily Record reports that:

A former Hempfield High School substitute teacher was sentenced to 3 to 23 months in prison Monday for having a relationship with a former student.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The York Daily Record.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
sista

York, PA

#1 May 25, 2010
that is messed up, she wants to see him, and the officials try to stop them? Kids have babies at the age of 16 now a days, why not lock up the guys who impregnated them also? Make em get jobs thru work release and pay for the kids and cut the welfare many get.
Ex Ambulance Crew

Cape Coral, FL

#2 May 25, 2010
And you can bet your ass he will be banging this girl again wait and see........ sorry folks she knew what she was doing don't just make him a bad guy after all she came back time and time again for more sex..
seriously---

Harrisburg, PA

#3 May 25, 2010
Right - she's 18 and he's 24. Big Deal - let them be together if that's what they want. Big Brother is getting a little out of control. (ps I don't think the student/teacher relationship was OK, but you can't unring that bell now)
David

Mount Wolf, PA

#4 May 25, 2010
She needed counseling worth almost $4000 yet wants to see him? Now that she is older let her, but fully expect him to use her for all he can get out of her until he tires of her.
And he is a rule follower? Not really mom.
Stupid

York, PA

#5 May 25, 2010
I think it's funny that they call her the "victim". No she's not! She wanted it just as much as he did. And at 16, she's more than capable of knowing what she's doing. I don't blame either one of them. It's stupid that he's getting in so much trouble over this. It was consensual!
No sympathy

Rockville, MD

#6 May 25, 2010
Her age NOW has absolutely no bearing on this case. Like the father said, he manipulated and groomed her at an early age. And yes you retards, 16 is still considered an early age. Especially when dealing with an adult in a position of authority.
WhyBother

Harrisburg, PA

#7 May 25, 2010
Lucky him...........getting her that young
boozehound

Woodland Hills, CA

#8 May 25, 2010
17 will get you 20, months at least!
Lord Humongous

United States

#9 May 25, 2010
I only dated one girl younger then myself. I was 19, she was 15 and then turned 16. She was incredibly intelligent and built like a 22 year old.

What this guy did as a TEACHER was wrong, and unethical. What he did as a 24 year old is NORMAL, and I'm sure she (even at 16) knew what she was doing. She didn't cry rape. She kept going back for more. C'mon. I think him losing his job due to ethics is fine, but throwing him in our already overcrowded jail system? Rediculous. If the father had been smart, he would have stuck a shotgun to the guy's back and forced them to marry at 18. That's what dads do here in York! lol.

This is total BS. Kids at 16 years of age are no longer "innocent babes", and know all about how things work. Anyone who says different is in denial. Due to all of the hormones and preservatives in food today, 16 year old girls have gigantic boobs and some look like models. Who can blame 20-something guys? Not me.

This judge is probably some old fogey who forgets what sex even is. Shame on him for crowding up our prisons even more. Haven't we learned anything from Mary Kay Laturnou and her young philiphino playtoy? If they wants it, let 'em have it.
No sympathy

Rockville, MD

#10 May 25, 2010
Lord Humongous wrote:
I only dated one girl younger then myself. I was 19, she was 15 and then turned 16. She was incredibly intelligent and built like a 22 year old.
What this guy did as a TEACHER was wrong, and unethical. What he did as a 24 year old is NORMAL, and I'm sure she (even at 16) knew what she was doing. She didn't cry rape. She kept going back for more. C'mon. I think him losing his job due to ethics is fine, but throwing him in our already overcrowded jail system? Rediculous. If the father had been smart, he would have stuck a shotgun to the guy's back and forced them to marry at 18. That's what dads do here in York! lol.
This is total BS. Kids at 16 years of age are no longer "innocent babes", and know all about how things work. Anyone who says different is in denial. Due to all of the hormones and preservatives in food today, 16 year old girls have gigantic boobs and some look like models. Who can blame 20-something guys? Not me.
This judge is probably some old fogey who forgets what sex even is. Shame on him for crowding up our prisons even more. Haven't we learned anything from Mary Kay Laturnou and her young philiphino playtoy? If they wants it, let 'em have it.
You don't even realize how lame that all makes you sound do you? For any man past high-school age to have ANYTHING in common with a young girl still in school is just sad. The maturity levels should be at such different stages of development that it would seem unthinkable. So it says a lot about you. I'm thinking after "gigantic boobs", your criteria for a girlfriend drops off drastically.
Please

East Greenville, PA

#11 May 25, 2010
So...if he were a nuclear engineer or a ditch digger or a whatever and bedded down with her and she was 16 or 17, what would be happening? If they both keep going back for more, I would say they BOTH knew what they were doing. What would have happened if she got pregnant and he wanted to marry her??? Seriously...a tad bit inappropriate, but certainly NOT manipulative. And they are now both over the age of consent, so why the "no touchy-feely?" It's moot at this point.
SAMCRO

Lititz, PA

#12 May 25, 2010
Now that she's 18, She can marry him and nobody can say or do anything about It.
No sympathy

Rockville, MD

#13 May 25, 2010
Please wrote:
So...if he were a nuclear engineer or a ditch digger or a whatever and bedded down with her and she was 16 or 17, what would be happening? If they both keep going back for more, I would say they BOTH knew what they were doing. What would have happened if she got pregnant and he wanted to marry her??? Seriously...a tad bit inappropriate, but certainly NOT manipulative. And they are now both over the age of consent, so why the "no touchy-feely?" It's moot at this point.
Children are impressionable and easily manipulated. Example: sometime in your youth someone must have convinced you that your opinion WASN'T completely retarded. Children need guidance from adults, not sex. If it were a rodeo clown or a neuro-surgeon, the outcome would be the same, jail time for the sicko grown man that finds sexual release in a teenage girl. Girl, not woman, girl. And like I said before, her age now means nothing. He broke the law, just because she got older doesn't change that. I almost can't beleive you need this simple sh!t explained to you. Tell you what, you have a 15 year old daughter? How many 24 year olds do you let her sleep with?
No sympathy

Rockville, MD

#14 May 25, 2010
This is a simple case of a grown man who is so socially retarded that he couldn't find a suitable sexual partner his own age. His maturity level was such that he could only relate to this teenager.
No Way

York, PA

#15 May 25, 2010
My son who is now 22, college student, is dating a 18 year old, who is a SR in high school. they have been dating since she was 18, at least that is what I was told.
The parents of the Girl allow them to date at the age of 17, when I heard "rumor" of it, I flew off the handle, called the girls mother etc....
they thought is was fine, I'm was scared to death that he would break up with her and go to jail!!!

My point at the age of 17 she knew what she was doing, as the girl in this story at the age of 16 say yes. The guy shouldn't have to serve time in jail for this, yes he shouldn't be teaching, but not jail time.
sista

York, PA

#16 May 25, 2010
No sympathy wrote:
<quoted text>
Children are impressionable and easily manipulated. Example: sometime in your youth someone must have convinced you that your opinion WASN'T completely retarded. Children need guidance from adults, not sex. If it were a rodeo clown or a neuro-surgeon, the outcome would be the same, jail time for the sicko grown man that finds sexual release in a teenage girl. Girl, not woman, girl. And like I said before, her age now means nothing. He broke the law, just because she got older doesn't change that. I almost can't beleive you need this simple sh!t explained to you. Tell you what, you have a 15 year old daughter? How many 24 year olds do you let her sleep with?
I see some of us have SEVERE issues, and are narrow sighted. The issue is now, not then but now - the age now! Then is gone! Now is here! Not everyone is so whatever you are...Bitter and Sarcasticly Negative perhaps
No sympathy

Rockville, MD

#17 May 25, 2010
sista wrote:
<quoted text>
I see some of us have SEVERE issues, and are narrow sighted. The issue is now, not then but now - the age now! Then is gone! Now is here! Not everyone is so whatever you are...Bitter and Sarcasticly Negative perhaps
Lol, guess you're dating one of the lame-asse$ I have been talking about. Well good for you and your low expectations! Try not to take it so personal, someday your man might not be such a disappointment. And so according to you, regardless of a crime being committed, if you just wait long enough it all just goes away??? Yep, that might just be the dumbest thing I ever heard.
And trust me, with your mental limitations you'll never have to worry about being "like me".
sista

York, PA

#18 May 25, 2010
No sympathy wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol, guess you're dating one of the lame-asse$ I have been talking about. Well good for you and your low expectations! Try not to take it so personal, someday your man might not be such a disappointment. And so according to you, regardless of a crime being committed, if you just wait long enough it all just goes away??? Yep, that might just be the dumbest thing I ever heard.
And trust me, with your mental limitations you'll never have to worry about being "like me".
I will take that as a BLESSING! lol
Oh Brother

Shrewsbury, PA

#19 May 25, 2010
No Way wrote:
My son who is now 22, college student, is dating a 18 year old, who is a SR in high school. they have been dating since she was 18, at least that is what I was told.
The parents of the Girl allow them to date at the age of 17, when I heard "rumor" of it, I flew off the handle, called the girls mother etc....
they thought is was fine, I'm was scared to death that he would break up with her and go to jail!!!
My point at the age of 17 she knew what she was doing, as the girl in this story at the age of 16 say yes. The guy shouldn't have to serve time in jail for this, yes he shouldn't be teaching, but not jail time.
Your son sounds like a loser. 22 years old and cruising the high schools.
York County

Bainbridge, PA

#20 May 25, 2010
No sympathy wrote:
<quoted text>
You are my hero! I agree with every word you said, every post. While today "Kids at 16 years of age are no longer "innocent babes", and know all about how things work", that doesn't mean they should be experimenting with things they are too young emotionally to handle. That is why there are parents and laws for those who don't understand why children need protected from situations they can't handle. Case in point!!

Socially retarded....lmbo!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Parkesburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Wachovia closing branches; community groups pro... (Dec '06) Dec '17 weapon X 6
News Peggy Ann Bradnick Jackson to open Fulton Fall ... (Oct '08) Feb '17 Snowflake 112
Dangerous Water in Coatesville! Stay safe now! (Feb '17) Feb '17 Masha 1
jamie Finnefrock (Nov '16) Nov '16 ok 1
Poll Who is ruining american society? (Nov '07) Jul '16 Diego-619 117
Debate: Marijuana - Coatesville, PA (Aug '10) Mar '16 Jacky 30
News Dinniman invites comment on new stations (Sep '14) Sep '14 paul 1

Parkesburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Parkesburg Mortgages