Bradley

Marietta, OH

#1 Sep 23, 2011
Does anyone else agree that WTAP stands for "Worst Television Any Place?" I mean, seriously...Marietta College's students put on better newscasts than this. The news director there is a disgrace to broadcast journalism and should've been fired three days after he was hired and it became apparent how incompetent he is. Honestly, if anyone out there has a dream to be a broadcaster, do not intern with this place. Your career will be dead before it even kicks off. Also, if you're a male, do not bother applying here--unless you're really feminine like the weather guy on Daybreak. This trash pit of a news station is also a disgrace to the entire MOV, and people should just watch WSAZ or 10TV instead. WTAP continues to put out crap newscasts because they know you--the viewer--have no where else to go for local news...and also because they really don't think you're intelligent enough to get your news elsewhere. I honestly don't understand why this dung hill is still in business.
angelontheriver

Columbus, OH

#2 Sep 24, 2011
Bradley wrote:
Does anyone else agree that WTAP stands for "Worst Television Any Place?" I mean, seriously...Marietta College's students put on better newscasts than this. The news director there is a disgrace to broadcast journalism and should've been fired three days after he was hired and it became apparent how incompetent he is. Honestly, if anyone out there has a dream to be a broadcaster, do not intern with this place. Your career will be dead before it even kicks off. Also, if you're a male, do not bother applying here--unless you're really feminine like the weather guy on Daybreak. This trash pit of a news station is also a disgrace to the entire MOV, and people should just watch WSAZ or 10TV instead. WTAP continues to put out crap newscasts because they know you--the viewer--have no where else to go for local news...and also because they really don't think you're intelligent enough to get your news elsewhere. I honestly don't understand why this dung hill is still in business.
I agree.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Parkersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Local drug dealer getting busted!! 10 hr radio edit 10
Back to Bedd 11 hr kiddos being funny 2
Snow creates slick roads 11 hr abbagoochie 1
Bob Newell pictures on a flash drive 22 hr Ed Truck 3
Helicopter Mon buzzbuzz 13
skip draber (Jun '14) Jan 24 Uhhh 17
chris fowler Jan 24 ginger 7
Parkersburg Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web