|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2012

Judged:

WTAP - We Televise Annoying People

Now they're going to have a monopoly on the area, unless someone can sneak in an ABC station, with a real news team of real journalists.

So now they have NBC, CBS, and two FOX stations, all owned by Gray. Lovely! Fluff newscasts full of errors, stale repeats day after day of recycled "news", and horrible advertising. Those annoying jingles sound like someone made them up in the shower before work.

Couldn't post anything like this on their website, they censor anything they don't like. Truth hurts.

Had to rewrite this rant, my critique of some of the annoying people was just too real.

A couple of the ladies are good looking and deliver decent reports, but they'll be moving on to a real tv station before long, and we'll get a new batch students. Whatever school is turning out some of these people, needs to shut down and fix their journalism program. OU?
Truth

Parkersburg, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2012

Judged:

WTAP is just like most any business around here. They hire in kids so they can get work for cheap, and put out a mediocre "product"

The Parkersburg News has a monopoly too. And they do the same.
You would be shocked to know just how little both places pay people.
Run by crooks.
oh jeesh

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2012

Judged:

You're right about that, I know in the 90s, they were paying minimum wage for at least some permanent full-time employees in the news dept.

The last time they had a decent newscast was in the 80s when Alan Jones was the anchor. Pretty sure the name is correct.
hardyhar

Parkersburg, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2012

Judged:

agreed. awful newscasts. awful everything. a waste.
yeah buddy

Vincent, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2012

Judged:

Might be lame news station but they are the best looking women around !!
joeschmo

Parkersburg, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2012

Judged:

yeah buddy wrote:
I dunno. Have you seen that new horse faced blonde. Her teeth are bigger than Mr. Ed's.
hardyhar

Parkersburg, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2012

Judged:

yeah buddy wrote:
You've obviously never watched any of the Charleston news channels, have you?
yeah buddy

Sioux City, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2012

Judged:

Horse face is pretty harsh but I'm sure your a hard 10 yourself right?HAHA what am I thinking your sitting here call people ugly on topix
oh jeesh

Ashton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2012

Judged:

The first time I saw that new one, I thought the sound was out of synch, but no, her lips just move that way.

Speaking of sound, someone is always playing with the buttons. You adjust your tv, then they change the sound level on you. The commercials are always set on BLAST.

Lauren Keeling sounds better on AM radio, those tv sound people could do her a favor by adjusting the tone level on her mic.

Got a good laugh though when one of the girls mentioned John "Fartney".
hardyhar

Parkersburg, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2012

Judged:

Fartney... LOL. That sort of flub doesn't surprise me in the least anymore.
hardyhar

Parkersburg, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2012

Judged:

Who remembers that blonde... oh, what's her name. She left a year or two ago. Can't even remember her name. That says something...

Anyway. she went to a station in Charleston (somehow). She couldn't complete a sentence on air if she wanted to. When she drew a blank (which was all the time) she'd stammer and just stare at the screen with a "help me" look. She's the reason I seldom watch that crap station anymore.

It's like a bad high school news broadcast.

WTAP. Employing the awful since they hit the air.
batboy5534

Parkersburg, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2012

Judged:

WTAP is one of the best. John fortney is awesome. Clear and concise reporting.
hardyhar

Parkersburg, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2012

batboy5534 wrote:
WTAP is one of the best. John fortney is awesome. Clear and concise reporting.
you must be smoking some of that wacky tobbackie. lol
batboy5534

Parkersburg, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2012

Judged:

hardyhar wrote:
<quoted text>you must be smoking some of that wacky tobbackie. lol
Yes sir.
Goodfellow

Clarksburg, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Judged:

Since the DTV conversion in '09, the result of which left us with no cable, we've not gotten 'TAP except online. Some of you folks are quite harsh, but that's how you see things. Since my family shops mainly in the Parkersburg-Marietta area, we'd like to see those awful commercials so we could take advantage of area deals. The name "Alan Jones" really rings a bell. He reminded me of a Weird Al Yankovich clone, but he did a great job with not much to work with back then. A typical high school broadcast probably had better equipment. I've seen the station, and they have taken quantum leaps to provide a quality product. Bottom line, we miss WTAP; we're outside the DMA, so access via DishNetwork isn't allowed, and all attempts to access them over the air failed.
1 post removed
realist

Youngstown, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

don t be so harsh its a place to start Frank Marzulo started at WTAP in about o2 he s now top anchor in cinninati and will probabaly go national soon.They try
Advice

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Mollie Lair is HAWT... God, how I'd lick that like a all day sucker!
dude

Parkersburg, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

I wud have to agree with that.
Hobiedan

Point Pleasant, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

WTAP was a good outlet. The Guy that runs it now was fired from his last position. His wife hunts ghosts in Parkersburg, if that tells you anything. We deserve better.
Hobiedan

Point Pleasant, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

The slant is toward the Fox Entertainment folks, the least informed of the public.Read the editorials, the author is attempting to parrot Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck, the right wing nuts.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of70
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Parkersburg Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Parkersburg Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Parkersburg People Search