Boardings down at most W.Va. airports in 2012

Jan 31, 2013 Full story: WCHS-TV Charleston 10

The State Journal reports boardings were down about 11 percent at the North Central West Virginia Airport in Bridgeport and at the Morgantown Municipal Airport.

Full Story
the press

Huntington, WV

#1 Jan 31, 2013
greenbrier valley airport would be better with a new airport manager and a better airport authority board.
two six six

Nitro, WV

#2 Feb 10, 2013
time for changes at the greenbrier valley airport!
scooby

Rosemount, MN

#3 Feb 10, 2013
If boardings are down all over the state, does that mean that all the airport managers should be replaced? Or do you just have a problem with management at Lewisburg?
BigBully

Alexandria, VA

#4 Feb 10, 2013
Fares are high and large cities are close. I would live to support local airports, but I am saving $1000 on four tickets from Columbus. Most people will drive 5 hours (roundtrip) for $1k.
two six six

Charleston, WV

#5 Feb 10, 2013
scooby are you really that clueless? everyone other than the airport authority see what the current airport manager is doing to lwb,col gwinn build a great airport and over the past several years the current manager has destroyed it!!! yes there has been a lot of upgrades but our current airport authority and airport manager are clueless jokes and most everyone knows this.
scooby

United States

#6 Feb 10, 2013
No. I'm not cluless at all. I just read the title of the post referring to most WV airports and that being used to single out just the management at Lewisburg. It just struck me as ignorant. I was just curious where the blame was place for the other airports.
scooby

United States

#7 Feb 10, 2013
Oh, and the fact that figures weren't even listed for Lewisburg.

Since: Aug 12

Beckley, WV

#8 Feb 11, 2013
i see so many planes ...all the time.....down time......nope not sure about this.
looking

Parkersburg, WV

#9 Mar 31, 2013
These slow airports could do two things. Provide a place for locals to drag race Friday and Saturday nights during the summer season IF the runway isn't being used. Charge track fee and provide an area for a few refreshment vendors. That's income to the airport. Would be an excellent opportunity for local law enforcement support. Keeping it on the track and not on the public streets. Works in other cities, and I don't see why it wouldn't work here in our wonderful state of West Virginia.
Anonymous

West Milford, WV

#10 Mar 31, 2013
I know 5-10 guys that would go watch . The airport would be great place to watch local guys fix up cars and race.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Parkersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
skip draber (Jun '14) 7 hr real man 12
beware, be on the look out 15 hr Dingo 6
judge reed Thu who knew 13
CPS in wood county Thu who knew 7
men that post nudes on their snapchat stories Thu real man 2
boys that post nude snapchat stories Wed girly86 1
Review: Sundowner Used Auto Sales (Jul '08) Dec 21 Paul Lynch 03 Dakota 32
Parkersburg Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web