Unfriendly people in Parkersburg

Unfriendly people in Parkersburg

Posted in the Parkersburg Forum

Mars Blackman

Parkersburg, WV

#1 Jan 21, 2014
Could someone please explain to me why the people in Parkersburg are so unfriendly? I moved here about a year ago and to this day only can speak of one person that I would consider a friend. I could play the race thing but I do not think that is it. Now if anyone wants to answer please don't be rude. I really just want to know why people are so stand-offish here. I have asked this question of people here in town and they don't think that they are but yet I have had white friends of mine come visit me and they said the same thing. I am asking and am concerned because I really want to stay here. The area is beautiful to me. So please, could someone tell me what is up.
I dont know

Steubenville, OH

#2 Jan 25, 2014
I haven't really paid any attention to that, but I resided in a bad neighborhood and they were rude, standoffish, and unfriendly.
Nancy

Chesapeake, VA

#3 Jan 26, 2014
Most of the people in WV are unhappy and unfriendly! You just keep being friendly to them and hopefully your goodness will show and they will be better people because of you.
Noble Thieves

Parkersburg, WV

#4 Feb 2, 2014
I moved here from a small town and I have met some great people. I have seen and met some nasty mean people. You just have to watch out.
simon

United States

#5 Feb 15, 2014
yeah i moved from jax fl talk about nasty ppl there man glad im back'but i guess these day any town usa alot of ppl are that way' i just mind my own biz and keep on going
Friendly parkersburg girl

Parkersburg, WV

#6 Feb 15, 2014
Mars blackman--
I honestly believe that people here have this mentality that you have to be born and raised here to be trusted. I am guessing it is because this is such a rural area. Country folks don't trust outsiders, you know what i mean? I was born and raised here but lived literally 1000 miles away for several years. It was much different in the midwest in areas where they are used to transients. I moved back for personal reasons and most of my friends are people i grew up with. Believe me when my youngest graduates i will be on the road again! Best of luck to ya!
unknown

Parkersburg, WV

#7 Feb 16, 2014
you want to be around nasty people….go north on route 2 for about 30 minutes to St, Marys, WV….those are the nastiest people of a lll
Nancy

Chesapeake, VA

#8 Feb 17, 2014
unknown wrote:
you want to be around nasty people….go north on route 2 for about 30 minutes to St, Marys, WV….those are the nastiest people of a lll
There are times if I want to look at a nasty person, I will look at myself in a mirror, and then I realize that others don't look so nasty! Try it some times, It works!
Someone

Danese, WV

#9 Jul 3, 2015
I wish I new as well I moved here from Florida and lived in Georgia half my life. People here are afraid technology slow and stupid. Not all of them just 99% of them. Gossip drama and no life. And cowards on top of that. You confront some one they punk out. Cost of living is great though :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Parkersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Snitch Tracker 8 hr bastardguy 49
Parkersburg Brewing Company 8 hr Patriot 1
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 22 hr ScaryClown 4,472
The Gough Family Apr 15 bwahahaha 4
kevin davis of hill st. pedophile (Nov '14) Apr 11 Knoz it all 34
Justin Justin Justin Apr 11 Parkersburg 26
history of the a-z adult bookstore (Sep '17) Apr 9 Robert 7

Parkersburg Jobs

Personal Finance

Parkersburg Mortgages