Concerned

Parkersburg, WV

#1 Dec 19, 2013
Does anyone have any information on the cameras that have been popping up all over the intersections in Vienna during the last year?

since red light/speed cameras are outlawed in wv, what else could they be?
opinions?

United States

#2 Dec 20, 2013
Concerned wrote:
Does anyone have any information on the cameras that have been popping up all over the intersections in Vienna during the last year?

since red light/speed cameras are outlawed in wv, what else could they be?
I'm not sure what they could be for other than to spy. Possibly for facial recognition one day. I don't know ,but I don't like them. I will purposely pull down my visor day or night to avoid there glimpse.
Anon

Gassaway, WV

#3 Jan 15, 2014
The loops they have put for decades in the pavement to determine if cars are waiting break frequently. The cameras work as motion detectors for the signals.
anon

Parkersburg, WV

#4 Jan 15, 2014
[QUOTE who="opinions?"]< quoted text>I'm not sure what they could be for other than to spy. Possibly for facial recognition one day. I don't know ,but I don't like them. I will purposely pull down my visor day or night to avoid there glimpse.[/QUOTE]
I was told they were so emergency vehicles could change the lights from red to green.
Security

Athens, OH

#5 Jan 16, 2014
They are security cameras that can be admissible in court, to prove who ran what light and who is at fault. They've been popping up in smaller cities across the country. Police departments won't talk about them, but they are all connected to a central viewing/storage command center.
Wiley

Millington, TN

#6 Feb 23, 2014
test

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Parkersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WV How To Open A Beer With A Banana 21 min Rdge Runr 237
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 1 hr bacon hater 58,149
cps/dhhr Thu Just saying 16
Child custody lawyer - Parkersburg (Feb '13) Wed Client 4
Family Law Judge Tallman (Aug '11) Wed ctf 10
Places to get an inspection sticker Sep 15 Help 1
To the GREAT SATAN Sep 14 HAMAS 1
•••
•••

Parkersburg Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Parkersburg People Search