Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...
fitness-guru

Norman, OK

#62187 Sep 12, 2014
high temperatures are no longer caused by global warming. the new computer model tells us that cold trmpratures are caused by global warming instead.
fitness-guru

Norman, OK

#62188 Sep 12, 2014
http://www.climatechangedispatch.com/america-... Obama/Kerry/gore = too freakin stupid.

“Save light, save coal.”

Since: Sep 09

Clarksburg, WV

#62189 Sep 12, 2014
fitness-guru wrote:
hey ADL ... whats the low temprature gonna be up there in Clarksburg at 5 am tomorrow morning. gonna be 49 here. are you guys have cold weather too ? out here in the Midwest we are.
Try turning over the page on your calendar. Eleven days to the Autumn Equinox.

“Save light, save coal.”

Clarksburg, WV

#62190 Sep 12, 2014
fitness-guru wrote:
<quoted text>
im not going to click on the internet extreme left blogger news site ..the daily kos.
That's fine, continue being an ignorant idiot. That's the only thing you're any good at.
fitness-guru

Norman, OK

#62191 Sep 12, 2014
Another Damn Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
Try turning over the page on your calendar. Eleven days to the Autumn Equinox.
that is true and its been certain for 3 billion years.
fitness-guru

Norman, OK

#62192 Sep 12, 2014
<quoted text>
That's fine, continue being an ignorant idiot. That's the only thing you're any good at.
im not ignorant and you know it don't you, so don't be stupid ok.
fitness-guru

Norman, OK

#62193 Sep 12, 2014
I cant wait for Obama to phhcuck up in Syria. anybody have a clue what happens when Syria sends it fighters up to meet the invading airspace Yankees or did obsama get assad/putins approval ? lets say asssad shoots one down. then whats Obama plan.

“Save light, save coal.”

Clarksburg, WV

#62194 Sep 12, 2014
fitness-guru wrote:
<quoted text>that is true and its been certain for 3 billion years.
Science alert! Right wingers will need to get their brains out of first gear or leave the room.

No. The day length and the year were not the same as they are now three billion years ago.

http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php...
<referring to 3.5 billion years ago>
It is not a matter of looking at one just data point (i.e. statistics for the modern era) and then extrapolating backwards. By looking at microscopic coral growth from 400 million years ago, scientists have determined that at that time a year was 400 days long and are able to calculate the length of a day at that point in time.

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index...
The earth was spinning faster in the past the reason it is slowing down is due to the influence of the moon which is moving away at 3cms per year and the earth's year is increasing by about 1.2 milliseconds a year. One well known indicator is the daily and yearly growth rings on rugose coral fossils. One group of fossils had been dated as 370 million years old, using radiometric analysis. Analysis of their growth rings indicated that there were about 425 days in each year when the coral was alive. This means that each day was only about 20.6 hours long when the coral was alive. As we go back in time, if we assume that the deceleration rate was constant at its present rate, a day would have shortened by about 11 microseconds each year. This would be 1.1 hours over 370 million years. One would have expected a 23 hour day if the corals were 370 million years old..
Using the stomatolite at Zhoukoudian, Beijing, China. It is a sedimentary structure mainly composed of blue-green algae which has formed "bright and dark laminas." They show yearly patterns much like rings in trees. They found that one billion years ago, a year was composed of about 516 days. Each day would have been on the order of 17 hours long.
The International Society for Astrological Research (ISAR) estimates the length of a day as about six hours, at a time 4 billion years ago.
An article in a popular Canadian newspaper column on astronomy estimates the length of a day at five hours some four billion years ago.
Still another article says that "Most scientists believe that the earth's rotation rate was originally an 8-hour day....A rotation rate of 8 hours would not cause a huge bulge at the Earth's equator. Even if the rate were much higher, any bulge formed at that time would have disappeared within the last 4.5 billion years due to tectonic activity."
Dalai Lama

Yawkey, WV

#62195 Sep 12, 2014
<quoted text>
So, you're saying that if a lefty posts an event that casts a righty in a bad light, it's an isolated incident, but if a righty posts an event that casts a lefty in a bad light, it's a major scandal worthy of dominating Fox Noise for weeks. Yeah, sure, gotcha. Righty tighty, lefty loosey. I don't think the comprehension problem is Bacon's. Or mine.
Wow you really are following the teachings of Baconliar. Where did I say "if a lefty posts an event that casts a righty in a bad light, it's an isolated incident, but if a righty posts an event that casts a lefty in a bad light, it's a major scandal" on anything remotely like it? Oh that is right, I didnt.

"You claim that I claimed(insert lie here)" routine. Find a new teacher please.

“Save light, save coal.”

Clarksburg, WV

#62196 Sep 12, 2014
Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow you really are following the teachings of Baconliar. Where did I say "if a lefty posts an event that casts a righty in a bad light, it's an isolated incident, but if a righty posts an event that casts a lefty in a bad light, it's a major scandal" on anything remotely like it? Oh that is right, I didnt.
"You claim that I claimed(insert lie here)" routine. Find a new teacher please.
You never admit to anything whether you said it or not. Are you sure you're not a lawyer?
fitness-guru

Norman, OK

#62197 Sep 12, 2014
<quoted text>
Science alert! Right wingers will need to get their brains out of first gear or leave the room.
No. The day length and the year were not the same as they are now three billion years ago.
It is not a matter of looking at one just data point (i.e. statistics for the modern era) and then extrapolating backwards. By looking at microscopic coral growth from 400 million years ago, scientists have determined that at that time a year was 400 days long and are able to calculate the length of a day at that point in time.
The earth was spinning faster in the past the reason it is slowing down is due to the influence of the moon which is moving away at 3cms per year and the earth's year is increasing by about 1.2 milliseconds a year. One well known indicator is the daily and yearly growth rings on rugose coral fossils. One group of fossils had been dated as 370 million years old, using radiometric analysis. Analysis of their growth rings indicated that there were about 425 days in each year when the coral was alive. This means that each day was only about 20.6 hours long when the coral was alive. As we go back in time, if we assume that the deceleration rate was constant at its present rate, a day would have shortened by about 11 microseconds each year. This would be 1.1 hours over 370 million years. One would have expected a 23 hour day if the corals were 370 million years old..
Using the stomatolite at Zhoukoudian, Beijing, China. It is a sedimentary structure mainly composed of blue-green algae which has formed "bright and dark laminas." They show yearly patterns much like rings in trees. They found that one billion years ago, a year was composed of about 516 days. Each day would have been on the order of 17 hours long.
The International Society for Astrological Research (ISAR) estimates the length of a day as about six hours, at a time 4 billion years ago.
An article in a popular Canadian newspaper column on astronomy estimates the length of a day at five hours some four billion years ago.
Still another article says that "Most scientists believe that the earth's rotation rate was originally an 8-hour day....A rotation rate of 8 hours would not cause a huge bulge at the Earth's equator. Even if the rate were much higher, any bulge formed at that time would have disappeared within the last 4.5 billion years due to tectonic activity."
you win this one. I will let it go cause the astro people are x 100 smarter than me when it comes to that. your just nit picking arnt you. you need a hobby.
HaveEYES

Clarksburg, WV

#62198 Sep 13, 2014
How the President and his wife spent September 11 . I don't even know where to begin

https://twitter.com/FLOTUS/status/51025209191...
fitness-guru

Norman, OK

#62199 Sep 13, 2014
HaveEYES wrote:
How the President and his wife spent September 11 . I don't even know where to begin
kaboom ? isnt that the stuff you mix in with Arizona iced tea and cough syrup making what they call "lean" the favorite new drug of the projects/gettos where the .. Obama phone losers and voters live ?
Mgtn Res

“Leg Humper!”

Since: Oct 13

Bad Dog! Bad Dog!

#62200 Sep 13, 2014
HaveEYES wrote:
As bad as this looks, the country is better off anytime you get that ignorant moron out of the White House. Which one is the ignorant moron? Take your pick, here's a hint…there is no wrong answer.
Kevin

Charleston, WV

#62201 Sep 13, 2014
<quoted text>
Their is more people on earth now and thats whats slowing down the spinning of the earth. Any moron should be able to figure that out. You obviously don't have any kind of thought process other than anal rhetoric.
fitness-guru

Norman, OK

#62202 Sep 13, 2014
Kevin wrote:
<quoted text> Their is more people on earth now and thats whats slowing down the spinning of the earth. Any moron should be able to figure that out. You obviously don't have any kind of thought process other than anal rhetoric.
yes... but that minor compared to all the sky scrapers. while the earth spins the skyscrapers hit the wind causing the earth to slow down. isnt that right ADL.
fitness-guru

Norman, OK

#62203 Sep 13, 2014
hey ADL. you know what happens when the wind turbines propellers spin real fast ?

“Our founders”

Since: May 13

NEVER COMPLIED

#62204 Sep 13, 2014
Kevin wrote:
<quoted text> Their is more people on earth now and thats whats slowing down the spinning of the earth. Any moron should be able to figure that out. You obviously don't have any kind of thought process other than anal rhetoric.
The new people are made of stuff that was already here though. We just reorganized it into people. No additional drag on the planet. I promise.

“Save light, save coal.”

Clarksburg, WV

#62205 Sep 13, 2014
Kevin wrote:
That's obviously how you figured it out so quickly.
If you laid all the morons in the United States end-to-end, they would reach the wrong conclusion.

“Save light, save coal.”

Clarksburg, WV

#62206 Sep 13, 2014
fitness-guru wrote:
<quoted text>
you win this one. I will let it go cause the astro people are x 100 smarter than me when it comes to that. your just nit picking arnt you. you need a hobby.
Goo, if you were wrong about this, you might be wrong about other things, too. Thank you for recognizing that scientists usually know what they're talking about. The earth isn't flat anymore.
I think I'll go plant the fall tomatoes in my greenhouse now.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Parkersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 5 hr legendfork 4,274
Is Rich Walter currently a informant 9 hr ohw 15
WVWE new guy 10 hr LZE 6
Ladies in market manor 12 hr Up for fun 1
Is Ames plant 1 or 2 on fire? 13 hr New 6
managers that sleep with their employees (Jun '11) 18 hr seethat 9
Lions Den or other Adult Stores?? (Sep '16) Sat To each their own 17

Parkersburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance