Walmart employees should vote union

Posted in the Parkersburg Forum

missy

United States

#1 Jan 28, 2013
If the store employees vote 51% in favor it's federal law to allow them to join a union..I would research it and find a union representative to aid in the organization and if passed enjoy several benefits that a very rich company should provide anyway! Like affordable health insurance and paid vacation...hey! if European walmarts go the benefits....why shouldn't you? Be smart...organize and go union! More money..more happiness
getreal

Findlay, OH

#2 Jan 28, 2013
No
missy wrote:
If the store employees vote 51% in favor it's federal law to allow them to join a union..I would research it and find a union representative to aid in the organization and if passed enjoy several benefits that a very rich company should provide anyway! Like affordable health insurance and paid vacation...hey! if European walmarts go the benefits....why shouldn't you? Be smart...organize and go union! More money..more happiness
getreal

Findlay, OH

#3 Jan 28, 2013
If they pay union wages for minimum wage jobs prices will skyrocket.then stores that dont show nuff profit..they will shutmdown and youll be out of a job.this is a bad idea..if you dont like working at walmart go to k mart.if you dont like that get on welfare.obama will make the rest of us pay to support you and giv u a free cell phone.
The Messenger

Norwalk, OH

#4 Jan 28, 2013
Not no.. But HE LL noooo..
union man

United States

#5 Jan 30, 2013
If European walmarts do it....then why don't USA Walmarts do it? They got the money..
Trust me! 51% vote...
Hobiedan

Point Pleasant, WV

#6 Jan 30, 2013
Never going to happen, it should, but it won't. They scare the heck out of their slaves , and they will never vote in the union. Walmart is the sweatshop of our generation.
grand master flash

United States

#7 Feb 5, 2013
So true...I just hate all the profit Walmart.makes and all the P.R. they put out about helping America and us the workers...why does our European Walmart workers get more money and paid vacation? Really unbalanced..sad..and all unions ain't bad...
PowerRanger

United States

#8 Feb 5, 2013
Isn't the whole point of starting a business to make as much profit possible? No one is forcing these people to work here so to use the word slavery is pretty funny. If the employees don't like their job they can quit anytime. There are plenty of people out there who would be grateful to have a job right now. I'm sure I'll be called a greedy republican and everything else the libs can think of. Actually, I work a full time job and guess what I have to to pay 190/month for my insurance you don't hear me whining.
Ex employee

Elkton, KY

#9 May 26, 2013
bentonville has a union response team.when there is union talk they respond and take charge of that store.they have been known to close stores for union activities.
jimmy hoffa

United States

#10 May 26, 2013
Be strong!!! Have courage!! They have the capital to pay 20$ an hour!!! A union at Walmart paying 12$ an hour with 1 week vacation paid a year would encourage a stronger work ethic and all said and done would actually make more money for Walmart...bad enough they buy 90-99% of their merchandise from China...least go union and help the American people

Since: Mar 13

United States

#11 Jun 22, 2013
Greedy people wanting more money for menial jobs.

If you want $20 an hour, further your education like everyone else.

I worked at Wal-Mart while going to college.

If they unionize it, Wal-Mart will just close the store. They've done it before.

United States

#12 Jun 22, 2013
Ex employee wrote:
bentonville has a union response team.when there is union talk they respond and take charge of that store.they have been known to close stores for union activities.
And so they should. Unions has caused so many jobs to be shipped overseas. Now Obamacare is being forced through companies are now hiring more, but giving people less hours so they don't have to pay penalties .

McDonalds got a waiver out of Obsmacare.

We haven't even seen the beginning yet.

And no, not everyone will get this "free" insurance.
1 post removed
16 cents a ton

Anonymous Proxy

#14 Jun 27, 2013
GtarMan wrote:
Greedy people wanting more money for menial jobs.
If you want $20 an hour, further your education like everyone else.
I worked at Wal-Mart while going to college.
If they unionize it, Wal-Mart will just close the store. They've done it before.
You are a management boot licker pray tell kevy what 4 year accredited college did you graduate from?

Unionism is responsible for more Americans reaching the middle class than any other institution. Look it up.

Ask a union coal miner if he'd rather work non union.

Be thankful you don't work for tips like some folks.

Parkersburg, WV

#15 Jun 27, 2013
Lol.. management boot licker...
I'm not anti-union

Just union greed.

Henry Ford is more responsible for workers rights than Unions are.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Parkersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
jessica swisher 2 hr justApunk 1
judge reed 2 hr who knew 12
william (billy) nutter ... who knows him? (Apr '14) Fri Vienna man 14
Chad Burk Dec 18 worriedfriend 1
alyssa hendershot Dec 17 ABC123 3
skip draber (Jun '14) Dec 16 real man 10
Do you approve of Sharyn Tallman as Council Mem... Dec 16 who knew 3
Parkersburg Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web