Parkersburg tour a popular haunt for ...

Parkersburg tour a popular haunt for ghost hunters

There are 21 comments on the Charleston Daily Mail story from Oct 19, 2006, titled Parkersburg tour a popular haunt for ghost hunters. In it, Charleston Daily Mail reports that:

The first time Susan Sheppard says she saw a spirit she was 4 years old, playing on the lawn at her grandmother's house in Doddridge County.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Charleston Daily Mail.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
jim

United States

#1 Dec 20, 2006
This not uncommon. Any where there are children that died, their spirit could still be found were they lived or died.
just stating my opinion

Middlebourne, WV

#2 Jun 15, 2007
I went on the Haunted Parkersburg Ghost tour this past October and I can assure anyone that has not gone that it is a joke! They had children and others dress up like dead people to go along with there probally made up stories. We did not see anything and it was just dumb. I could take people on the same damn tour and tell them the same stuff for nothing. We paid $8 a person and I promise that it was not even close to being worth it. Hell if I had it to do all over again I wouldn't even pay 50 cents to go on it! If you want some real history and chills just go to The Moundsville Prison. Now that was well worth the money spent!
You Must Be Stupid

Victoria, TX

#3 Aug 14, 2007
You must really be a moron whoever wrote the previous post. Ghost Tours in other cities average $20 dollars per ticket and do not meet inside any buildings nor do they include graveyards or go up to actual haunted houses. You obviously know aboslutely nothing about the nature of hauntings to realize that ghosts being seen on ghost tour almost never happen and visits to Moundsville cost $50, Dude.
PLus, TAPS the Ghost Hunters did not find any paranormal activity there whatsoever.
Ben

Charleston, WV

#4 Oct 4, 2007
haunted parkersburg rocks
Ben

Charleston, WV

#5 Oct 4, 2007
hi
Ben

Charleston, WV

#6 Oct 4, 2007
smithers rocks your socks
Holly

Athens, OH

#7 Oct 9, 2007
What does Susan show on the tour? and how much is the actual ticket for the tour?I tried to look it up but I didn't see the information anywhere.
Thanks=)

“Hey people......I am bored!!”

Since: Jan 08

Athens, OH

#8 Jan 6, 2008
THAT YOUR IS THE BEST EVER!! OMG
Mary

United States

#9 Jan 7, 2008
I went on one of the Parkersburg Ghost Tour's and I thought it was a huge joke.
Hearing the haunted stories was good but the same stories can be found online for free.
and what is up with the custumes? I thought that was so idiotic.
I have had alot of experiences with the spirit world and I have seen and touched alot more then "orbs" and I talk my experiences and I will tell the people about the Haunted history of Parkersburg For FREE
Local Resident

Washington, DC

#10 Jan 18, 2008
The Tour is a complete ripoff. It is stupid and disorganized. It is just a way for Shepard to make a bunch of tax-free money. Cash only, no receipts. Someone should report her to the IRS.
The Watcher

Harrisville, WV

#11 Jan 22, 2008
We have ceased to progress, to learn, to understand the world around us. We are doomed to live in the dark, afraid of shadows we have created, slaves to belief instead of masters of knowledge. I pity all of you.
monroe

Cincinnati, OH

#12 Jan 26, 2008
jas

Dunbar, WV

#13 Feb 11, 2008
wish i could go on the tour!!!!!!!!!!111
Susan Sheppard

Parkersburg, WV

#14 Oct 11, 2010
Mary wrote:
I went on one of the Parkersburg Ghost Tour's and I thought it was a huge joke.
Hearing the haunted stories was good but the same stories can be found online for free.
and what is up with the custumes? I thought that was so idiotic.
I have had alot of experiences with the spirit world and I have seen and touched alot more then "orbs" and I talk my experiences and I will tell the people about the Haunted history of Parkersburg For FREE
Dear Mary, I'm sorry I didn't see this sooner. You are the joke. MY GHOST stories posted for free are the ones I WROTE! I researched THEM ALL and they have been ripped off by other websites. You don't know anything about the haunted history until I wrote them down. No one had. The tour started in 1994.
Susan Sheppard

Parkersburg, WV

#15 Oct 11, 2010
just stating my opinion wrote:
I went on the Haunted Parkersburg Ghost tour this past October and I can assure anyone that has not gone that it is a joke! They had children and others dress up like dead people to go along with there probally made up stories. We did not see anything and it was just dumb. I could take people on the same damn tour and tell them the same stuff for nothing. We paid $8 a person and I promise that it was not even close to being worth it. Hell if I had it to do all over again I wouldn't even pay 50 cents to go on it! If you want some real history and chills just go to The Moundsville Prison. Now that was well worth the money spent!
This is Susan Sheppard. You reveal your ignorance by stating you expected to see a ghost. How many ghosts did you see at Moundsville? You're a plain and simple fool.
Hopefully Resonsible

West Union, WV

#16 Oct 12, 2010
Susan Sheppard and her husband conduct some of the best historical tours I've been on. The tours have a haunted Parkersburg theme, but the draw for me is the local history they provide.
Susan

Oroville, CA

#17 Nov 13, 2011
I have not been on the tour yet, but I will be going in little over a week and am really looking forward to doing so. Ghost Tours ARE history tours and that is what is so wonderful about them. If you get to see a ghost on a tour it is a rare and wonderful thing. Obviously a couple of you didn't learn much when you went and that is your fault not the fault of the tour.

-Kevin-

Since: Nov 09

Smirk .. ;-)

#18 Nov 19, 2011
Too bad they tore down DeSales Heights.
Christine Dodd

Parkersburg, WV

#19 Sep 24, 2013
The ghost tours here in Parkersburg, WV is about the history of this city and it's citizens. I went on a tour once and took a picture at the Holiday Cemetery and captured a few orbs, a mist-like figure near the sign and a vortex. The guides are professional and Susan Sheppard is an amazing person. The stories that are told on the tour have been researched by Susan Sheppard and don't expect to see any ghosts unless you are taking photos and capture orbs on your camera.
hoopnshout

Parkersburg, WV

#20 Sep 25, 2013
Great job Susan Shepard. Love your tour.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Parkersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Justin Anderson, USMC 18 min Obvious 15
What does Jody Purkey know about being a magist... Mon Citizen 1
Jason E Riggs (Sep '15) Mon friend 5
tiffany from backpage (Sep '15) Jan 15 zayne143 14
Trash Jan 14 Serious black 1
Jennifer Efaw (May '15) Jan 14 zayne143 5
Farm house off 7th Jan 14 zayne143 8

Parkersburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance