CONCERNED CITIZEN

Parkersburg, WV

#1 Dec 30, 2011
I hear that jan-care might be coming to our area, any truth to this? Post if you have any info.
EMS

Marietta, OH

#2 Dec 30, 2011
We can only hope that a company as organized as Jan-Care does come to the area! Contracted with Ruby Menorial Hospital, and Children's Miracle Network! They must be doing something right.
Tom

Washington, DC

#3 Dec 30, 2011
They're also contracted with the VA hospitals. If they're good enough for our Vets and Children, they're good enough for Parkersburg! I've heard a lot of great things about this company.
Bobbi

Washington, DC

#4 Dec 30, 2011
Jancare brought me home from the hospital when I was at Ruby. They were extremely nice and very professional. I recommend JanCare!
Realist

Marietta, OH

#5 Dec 30, 2011
We couldn't get that lucky.
JanCare

Marietta, OH

#6 Dec 30, 2011
Jan-Care, serves West Virginia and Ohio and offers a full range of medical transportation services ranging from the most advanced high-risk critical care emergency transports such as neonatal and ventilator patients as well as patients requiring cardiac surgical intervention, to emergency and non-emergency services, including pre-scheduled admissions and discharges, emergency scene response, transportation to and from doctors' offices and nursing homes as well as other treatment centers such as dialysis, radiation and physical therapy. Jan-Care also serves as the primary 911 provider in many of the communities that we serve. In addition to state-of-the-art medical transports, we provide a one of a kind communications center staffed with certified Emergency Medical Dispatchers to coordinate transportation to meet your needs at no added cost but significant benefit to our patients and customers. Jan-Care will work with individual hospitals, nursing homes, and other medical facilities to coordinate an appropriate and timely response to your needs.
Patient

Marietta, OH

#7 Dec 30, 2011
I've had to be picked up by JanCare twice this past year and received outstanding care, better than the care I received at the rehabilitation center. They made sure I was comfortable on the long trip home and they were very pleasant to talk too. I've been picked up by other companies and was thrown on the cot, and never spoke to again until they were throwing me back off the cot an into my bed. JanCare is an A+++ company in my book.
Patient

Marietta, OH

#8 Dec 30, 2011
Concerned citizen, what is it you are concerned about?
1 post removed
BIGmike

Chicago, IL

#10 Feb 29, 2012
Am I the only one that thinks the author of this thread is also the one responding to it? I've been in EMS for a long time. Wood County absolutely does not need a Jan-Care in this area. That company is awful. It treats it's employee's terribly and offers sub-par services. I do know a few providers that work there that are awesome, but they are few and far between. If you want a more honest portrayal of these folks, check out their threads from the Beckley forums. Keep these clowns outta your towns. Deuces, douches!(alliteration intended)
JC Employee

Marietta, OH

#11 Mar 1, 2012
LOL at Big Mike.... Really?! And what do you prefer, LIFE? They can't even make their employees bathe.
BIGmike

Chicago, IL

#12 Mar 9, 2012
JC Employee wrote:
LOL at Big Mike.... Really?! And what do you prefer, LIFE? They can't even make their employees bathe.
I'd PREFER anyone but Jan-Care!
Hmm

Marietta, OH

#13 Mar 31, 2012
Matter of opinion I guess. I prefer anyone but LIFE Ambulance.
Zeke

United States

#14 Apr 10, 2012
You're just mad that you don't work there anymore, jonna. Fory money, I want Camden-Clark.
Roger Lemley

United States

#15 Apr 17, 2012
JC Employee wrote:
Stay in Raleigh County and do the toting, stay in Raleigh county and keep paying your EMTs 7.50 per hour, running ALL BLS trucks 23 hours out of a 24 hour shift, pulling ALS trucks off of pagers ti do what and return doctor appointments, leave the real EMS to CCMH and ST. Joe
decent white woman

Orlando, FL

#16 Apr 25, 2012
Dear sweet Jesus, when we were visiting WV and my husband had an anaphyllactic reaction from a bite,we were transported by LIFE. I smelled a strange odor and it was the EMS. I asked him if he bathed before coming to work. He said no mam, me and my ole lady was havin a little whoopie and lost track of the time. Never again.
Frank

Parkersburg, WV

#17 Apr 27, 2012
EMS wrote:
We can only hope that a company as organized as Jan-Care does come to the area! Contracted with Ruby Menorial Hospital, and Children's Miracle Network! They must be doing something right.
Yes, they are doing something right - they are the lowest bidder. That doesn't necessarily mean that they give bad service.

Worst thing about the ambulance service around here isn't the service, it's the fact that they seem to go out of their way to dispatch an ambulance from as far away as they can instead of sending a nearby one. I used to think, "Well, the ones based close by the person that is having the medical emergency must just all be on calls." But after listening to the scanner for a few years, I have come to realize that they do this so consistently - and often when there were no other recent calls for an ambulance in that area - that it must be deliberate.

Maybe it isn't because they're getting kickbacks for sending certain ones out on the majority of calls (there is a lot of money involved). It might be that they treat the situation in much the same way that they do having to call a wrecker - which is to call "the next one on the list" unless the person needing it requests a particular one or there is a strong reason to call the nearest one such as a safety issue due to traffic, location, or the accident blocking a significant portion of the roadway. But that is not a correct way to dispatch ambulances, either - they should always send the nearest ambulance to an emergency call. Not only because the health of the patient is potentially at stake, but because someone who (rightfully) feels that their health/safety was affected by this could sue the city/county for negligence/etc.

Sad, really. But with all the welfare-"mothers" around here using the emergency room as their family doctor - often doing so when there isn't even any need to take their child to a doctor in the first place, let alone the hospital - and half of them calling for an ambulance because they aren't the ones that have to pay for it (and because they don't care a bit that the ambulance they've tied up might be the one that would have helped save the life of someone who really needed it)... Maybe the ambulance crews and those who dispatch them have learned that often there is no need to send the closest ambulance.
Zeke

Naperville, IL

#18 Apr 28, 2012
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, they are doing something right - they are the lowest bidder. That doesn't necessarily mean that they give bad service.
Worst thing about the ambulance service around here isn't the service, it's the fact that they seem to go out of their way to dispatch an ambulance from as far away as they can instead of sending a nearby one. I used to think, "Well, the ones based close by the person that is having the medical emergency must just all be on calls." But after listening to the scanner for a few years, I have come to realize that they do this so consistently - and often when there were no other recent calls for an ambulance in that area - that it must be deliberate.
Maybe it isn't because they're getting kickbacks for sending certain ones out on the majority of calls (there is a lot of money involved). It might be that they treat the situation in much the same way that they do having to call a wrecker - which is to call "the next one on the list" unless the person needing it requests a particular one or there is a strong reason to call the nearest one such as a safety issue due to traffic, location, or the accident blocking a significant portion of the roadway. But that is not a correct way to dispatch ambulances, either - they should always send the nearest ambulance to an emergency call. Not only because the health of the patient is potentially at stake, but because someone who (rightfully) feels that their health/safety was affected by this could sue the city/county for negligence/etc.
Sad, really. But with all the welfare-"mothers" around here using the emergency room as their family doctor - often doing so when there isn't even any need to take their child to a doctor in the first place, let alone the hospital - and half of them calling for an ambulance because they aren't the ones that have to pay for it (and because they don't care a bit that the ambulance they've tied up might be the one that would have helped save the life of someone who really needed it)... Maybe the ambulance crews and those who dispatch them have learned that often there is no need to send the closest ambulance.
More shameless self-promotion by the orange and blue. Jan-Care is a TRAINWRECK! The market up here is saturated as it is. We certainly don't need a bunch of low balling here. They are the cheapest by volume and we all know the quantity does NOT mean quality. They certainly could bully their way up here and snag a few contracts but ultimately it will be the citizens who will suffer. Keep this company out of here by ANY means necessary!
Roger lemley

New York, NY

#19 Apr 29, 2012
Zeke wrote:
<quoted text>
More shameless self-promotion by the orange and blue. Jan-Care is a TRAINWRECK! The market up here is saturated as it is. We certainly don't need a bunch of low balling here. They are the cheapest by volume and we all know the quantity does NOT mean quality. They certainly could bully their way up here and snag a few contracts but ultimately it will be the citizens who will suffer. Keep this company out of here by ANY means necessary!
As long as they never get a pager in Parkersburg it will be ok, and I don't think that will EVER happen so it's ok.
Jonna

Marietta, OH

#20 May 20, 2012
@ Zeke?! I do not wish to work for LIFE Ambulance. I work for JC and every Friday I receive a pay check unlike LIFE employees.:) I'm not at all interested in the drama and teenage bs that goes on at station 24 either. Grow up. I did when i moved on and I'm very happy now. Have a great life.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Parkersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for U.S. House in West Virgi... (Oct '10) 4 hr Frank 143
Disaster is haunted house plot 8 hr Always Good 2
Hey Mayor, tell your street department to finis... 21 hr obvious 1
Records broken as cold grips W.Va. (Jan '14) Wed -zaphod- 84
WTAP DUI arrest Oct 20 WTAP viewer 4
More bias news WTAP and Par Oct 20 Vienna Guy 13
Any one know Leigh ann mcgee Oct 20 Vienna Guy 6
Parkersburg Dating
Find my Match

Parkersburg Jobs