Help on way for Camden Clark Employees

Help on way for Camden Clark Employees

Posted in the Parkersburg Forum

Tired nurse

Parkersburg, WV

#1 Jan 29, 2014
A union that has experience with acute care hospitals has been contacted and are going to start talking to Camden Clark employees about unionizing. We are done with cutting staff, cutting available beds, and adding more work on less patient care staff while hiring more people to walk around and give orders. Keep watching the paper for informational meetings times and places. Some smaller group meeting will be arranged in homes to protect the employee from retaliation from hospital administration. Together we can make our community hospital a safer and more employee friendly place to work.

Did you know that the CEO of CCMC earns more than the president of the United States? It's all on the WV health care authority website.

See you at the rally.
TCB

United States

#2 Feb 1, 2014
Big mistake trying to bring in a union.
Employee

Parkersburg, WV

#3 Apr 13, 2014
Most of the staff is with you.
Tired

Parkersburg, WV

#4 Apr 13, 2014
Yes, we are,
With you

Marietta, OH

#5 Apr 14, 2014
Moral is at it's worse ever. One raise in five years. We can't take care of our patients because of no staff. Nurses aren't able to be nurses anymore! Bring it!!!
No Soup for You

Parkersburg, WV

#6 Apr 14, 2014
Play fewer card games on night shift, I bet you discover lots of time to care for patients!
Really

Marietta, OH

#7 Apr 14, 2014
Is that what you think healthcare employees do???
No Soup for You

Parkersburg, WV

#8 Apr 15, 2014
No, it's what I've seen them do! In the intensive care unit no less.

Imagine being in critical condition, severe pain, and fighting for your life. Then imagine being awakened every five minutes by the shuffling of cards and cackling of hens.
Really

Marietta, OH

#9 Apr 15, 2014
Sorry that you have had that experience. I can assure you that not all healthcare employees are like that. Most are very hard working and compassionate.
No Soup for You

Parkersburg, WV

#10 Apr 15, 2014
We all know of the incompetence that thrives at CCMC, this is why we avoid you like the plague. Wouldn't trust you to flip a burger!
a mess

Parkersburg, WV

#11 Apr 16, 2014
combining both hospitals in next few weeks
Kitchen and housekeepers on SJ not needed after move
open staff positions not being filled
lay offs for low level managers coming in weeks
old finince president being investigated with money missing rumors
corp headquarters on the ass of our leaders cause they don't know what they are doing
long time employees bailing out
elevators broken all winter with, no money to fix them
to many people walking around in dress cloths doing nothing
Many Leaders making over 200,000 a year
er a mess with people being mean to patients
not enough nurses to take care of patient
hiring doctors to be hospital employees with no money for other things
no pay raise this year after being to,d we would get one
selling training center to Walters insurance so we can buy there cuddling and tear it down
st joes a ghost town
New doctors for pts in hospital are nasty and mean

where is the union? now is the time to organize.

Should I go on?
Painful truth

Parkersburg, WV

#12 Apr 18, 2014
I know I am sick of the SJ staff whining. Lets face it, it was Not CCMC that allowed SJ to rot. Those that are angry should take it up with the previous owners of SJ that never put ant money in it. Camden has sunk more capital in the SJ campus in two years than the previous owners did in the 15 years before that.
I'm also sick of hearing the SJ staff say "I don't know how to do that", "we don't work this hard on the SJ campus", "we never had to do that before", and every other excuse in the book when they come to the memorial campus. What a group of spoiled brats they are. Their lack of caring, lack of fiscal concern, lack of individual responsibility, is what brought SJ to its knees.
Don't blame Camden Clark, blame the former owners and employees who think they should get a check and not have to work. I can't wait till the self centered SJ workers get to us so they will find out what real hospital work is like. I bet most of them quit in six months because for once they are going to be held accountable.
No Soup for You

Parkersburg, WV

#13 Apr 19, 2014
" lack of fiscal concern"

Of course, because at CCMC it's not about healthcare for the patient, it's about money!
My opinion

Parkersburg, WV

#14 Apr 19, 2014
No, it's not. However if you run your facilities in the ground, don't manage your budget, don't fire slugs that should have been gone years ago, what happens? Your hospital gets sold four times since the mid-90s.
You idiots that think there is no fiscal responsibilities are the same ones that think the SJ campus is a good safe working and patient environment. If you believe that, just take a good tour of the SJ campus.
Running a hospital budget is no different than running your household budget. If you spend more than you make, you go under (understand that SJ?). These holier than thou SJ nurses need a dose of reality and they are going to get it. The memorial nurses are sick of their whining and lazy work habits.
What did Sam Cooke say in his song? "CHANGE GONNA COME". Lol
what a joke

Parkersburg, WV

#15 Apr 19, 2014
CCMH should look at fiscal concern
Vienna 2

United States

#16 Oct 7, 2014
My opinion wrote:
No, it's not. However if you run your facilities in the ground, don't manage your budget, don't fire slugs that should have been gone years ago, what happens? Your hospital gets sold four times since the mid-90s.
You idiots that think there is no fiscal responsibilities are the same ones that think the SJ campus is a good safe working and patient environment. If you believe that, just take a good tour of the SJ campus.
Running a hospital budget is no different than running your household budget. If you spend more than you make, you go under (understand that SJ?). These holier than thou SJ nurses need a dose of reality and they are going to get it. The memorial nurses are sick of their whining and lazy work habits.
What did Sam Cooke say in his song? "CHANGE GONNA COME". Lol
I've been at ccmc since the closing of sj. and to my surprise, its been the ccmh nurses that are the ones doing the complaining about "working too much"... who are the ones that have been calling off constantly....? who never picks up shifts...? I will tell you, it's the sj nurses that have picked up the slack, and has improved the care and reputation of CC. so unless you know your facts about the staff, why open your mouth? I do agree that there are too many people in dress clothes walking around micro managing. perhaps if some of them lost their desk job, maybe they could hire more nursing staff, to actually give PT CARE.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Parkersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 17 hr Hickabilly BR549 1,341
Parkersburg Karaoke 21 hr matt86cle 1
Highmark (May '14) 22 hr Clark Kent 5
Mongoose Deception Sun Abacus 1
Rick Sears Sun Reporter 1
Todd Nutter (Jan '15) Jun 24 nutter2016 13
News Drug Addiction Epidemic Town Hall Meeting set f... Jun 24 Politics 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Parkersburg Mortgages