Needles recall effort gathers steam

Jul 23, 2008 Full story: Mohave Valley Daily News 14

Proponents of an initiative to recall Councilmember Roy Mills received their accepted petition back from the city of Needles on July 15.

Full Story
Arizona Bubba

Prescott Valley, AZ

#1 Jul 29, 2008
In observing the constant juvenile behavor of the recall people. If you want a recall, please create a petition to recall the Mayor. He is obviously incompetent, as he has no knowledge of Roberts r
Rules of Order, cannot run and control a simple meeting, and has not performed his duties or oath of office. He has no professional background in city affairs, and is paid by the county of San Bernadino. He stated he is a private contractor for the San Bernadino County Attorney's Office. Who do you think signs his checks. This a blatant conflict of interest in anything he has to do with that involves the County of San Bernadino. He has never recused himself from any of these decisions. His outrageous support of anything the County wants to do is another indication of this conflict. The attacks of anyone who is in conflict with the County on any issue simply supports this premise, and an investigation into his behavior and possible financial conflicts should be investigated. With the possibility of conflicts that may be involved with the previous hospital owners who are in another State, Federal laws may come into effect in regards to any activities that may be brought into the discovery due to interstate activities. The people of Needles need to be assured that their officals are above reproach, and have unquestioned integrity. Let a recall begin, and if they want to do one of the members of a board, let's get 2 for 1, it is the same cost to the citizens of Needles, and you can get rid of those who act like children.
Needles Native

Fort Mohave, AZ

#2 Jul 30, 2008
to Arizona Bubba:
Roy, is that you? Sure sounds like you. How would an "Arizona Bubba" from Cottonwood, AZ and supposedly not physically in Needles, CA attending Coucil meetings be spouting the exact same rhetoric and misinformation as Counciman Mills?
Roy Mills

Bullhead City, AZ

#3 Jul 30, 2008
That's NOT me. This my first trip to this site.(someone called me) And I don't think that a person has to be "ME" to be on the right track. I beleive that "Arizona Bubba", is right on. I think that the only reason Jeff is not being recalled is that you cannot recall an official 90 days from the end of his term. I beleive that that is the right number but I could a little off. This recall is an abuse of the system. These guys want to spend $25,000.00 or more to recall a person that makes a dollar a month and they call "ME" irresponsible. Now, I'll ask you are you the same question are you Jeff or his brother? Answer? Or will you just hide behind anonymous posts?
Arizona Bubba

Prescott Valley, AZ

#4 Jul 30, 2008
Old Needles pioneer families live in CA,AZ.UT,NV but keep up on things. They sometimes stop back in Needles to get a pulse on the current goings on and sometimes sit in the back of meetings.

Also, what does a person in Bullhead AZ care about what is going on in Needles, CA. He can't vote he can only throw tantrums about something that is non of his business. Is this Bullhead person old enough to vote?
Needles Native

Fort Mohave, AZ

#5 Jul 30, 2008
ROY MILLS: Sorry to disappoint you, Roy, but Iím not Jeff or his brother. You really need to get over this Williams brothers persecution complex that you have. As far as hiding behind anonymous posts, how about asking the same of your friend,ďArizona BubbaĒ, or does that apply only to someone who doesnít see things your way.

ARIZONA BUBBA: Looks like Iím not the only one this blog has located in Arizona. It shows Roy being in Fort Mojave. If youíre not an alternate identity of Royís, why donít you visit www.needlesnotetaker.wordpress.com ? Thatís where all the traffic is.

Anyway, Iím outta here. This blog is boring.
Informed Citizen

Bullhead City, AZ

#6 Jul 30, 2008
Arizona Bubba wrote:
In observing the constant juvenile behavor of the recall people. If you want a recall, please create a petition to recall the Mayor. He is obviously incompetent, as he has no knowledge of Roberts r
Rules of Order, cannot run and control a simple meeting, and has not performed his duties or oath of office. He has no professional background in city affairs, and is paid by the county of San Bernadino. He stated he is a private contractor for the San Bernadino County Attorney's Office. Who do you think signs his checks. This a blatant conflict of interest in anything he has to do with that involves the County of San Bernadino. He has never recused himself from any of these decisions. His outrageous support of anything the County wants to do is another indication of this conflict. The attacks of anyone who is in conflict with the County on any issue simply supports this premise, and an investigation into his behavior and possible financial conflicts should be investigated. With the possibility of conflicts that may be involved with the previous hospital owners who are in another State, Federal laws may come into effect in regards to any activities that may be brought into the discovery due to interstate activities. The people of Needles need to be assured that their officals are above reproach, and have unquestioned integrity. Let a recall begin, and if they want to do one of the members of a board, let's get 2 for 1, it is the same cost to the citizens of Needles, and you can get rid of those who act like children.
This person obviously had not heard a word of truth. Mayor Williams has stated numerous times that he has a "Private Investigating Company". One of his slients is the Public Defender's Office. He has several other clients. Instead of spewing hearsay of suspected criminals, why not do Mr. Williams the common courtesy of asking him yourself instead of repeating the lies of a bitter rival. "It is better to remain quiet and thought a fool, than it is to open your mouth and remove all doubt".
As for not being able to run a meeting, when you are dealing with people who have a power intoxication, thinking they are above the law, how would you suggest this be accomplished. There is no respect even for there own positions, and ethics have left the building.
Informed Citizen

Bullhead City, AZ

#7 Jul 30, 2008
Roy Mills wrote:
That's NOT me. This my first trip to this site.(someone called me) And I don't think that a person has to be "ME" to be on the right track. I beleive that "Arizona Bubba", is right on. I think that the only reason Jeff is not being recalled is that you cannot recall an official 90 days from the end of his term. I beleive that that is the right number but I could a little off. This recall is an abuse of the system. These guys want to spend $25,000.00 or more to recall a person that makes a dollar a month and they call "ME" irresponsible. Now, I'll ask you are you the same question are you Jeff or his brother? Answer? Or will you just hide behind anonymous posts?
Oh Roy- What tangled webs you weave. It would be amuzing if it weren't so tired and pathetic. Is this the only hope you have to make a run for Mayor? More lies and deception. You are being recalled for numerous reasons. You make it a habit to be a bully to other council members, staff, and county officials. The policies you initiate are not business friendly and down right irresponsible. Now you and your cohorts are trying to execute the exact same rhetoric and tactics you used for the hospital, against the sheriff's. Why the "special" meeting at 1;00 tomorrow? To put back in the verbage to mislead the public into thinking if they vote for the municipal police, magically their electric bills will go down. RUBISH
As far as the recall being irresponsible, maybe the proponents have the constitutional right to protect themselves from abusive officials they thought were going to represent them and not you. Maybe they think it would be cheaper to remove you, than it would be to leave you in office where you can do even more damage than you have already done.
community watch

Fort Mohave, AZ

#8 Aug 1, 2008
Mr. Mills just remember, you are representing the ENTIRE city and community of NEEDLES. You are not the only person living within the city limits! Before you clean try to clean up Mr. Williams' backyard, you need to work on yours!
Arizona Bubba

Prescott Valley, AZ

#9 Aug 1, 2008
In regards to Roy Mills, don't know him, and never met him. I never mentioned this Roy Mills in my comment on recall. It is the recall itself which is unfortunately destructive to any community. If they do a bad job, don't elect them next time. The recall process always polarizes people in any community, and can destroy relationships with friends and business. In some cities, and small towns in particular, some businesses have lost them because many of the people will not shop there anymore. That is not only a sad thing for the owner, but bad for the community also. I do know what the deal is about Roy Mills and quite frankly don't care. It would be interesting though if he has committed any criminal acts to actually see them. But what if has not committed any, and is cleared completely. Are you going to personally apologize to the guy?
In regards to the mayor not having control over his meeting and letting others push him around. The chair has the sole responsibility in the conduct of the meeting. I was only at one, and passing through. It was amatuer hour. He can buy a copy of Roberts Rules of Order at any bookstore, and the city probably has one he can have for free. It would go a long way in correcting his meeting problems and enhance his image.
community watch

Fort Mohave, AZ

#10 Aug 2, 2008
Arizona Bubba:
Are you back tracking? You seemed to be on a personal vendetta July 29th why the change now? How would you, having attended ONE council meeting "just passing through" know the politics or think you know the politics of the Roy Mills recall? The mayor does what he can when he can during a council session. Ever try controlling kindergarten children after recess? It's not easy!
Needles Local

Bullhead City, AZ

#11 Aug 5, 2008
Heh, Community watch..You don't have to personally "know someone" to be able to see all of the events unfold and form an opinion. I live here (over 40 years) and know ALL the performers in this play, maybe even YOU! I have attended a lot of the Council and Hospital Board meetings and personally have witnessed Mr.Williams act like a venonmous snake, when no one else was anything but pleasant. By the way, it seems to me that Arizona Bubba is probably a former Needles local by his previous response, ARE YOU! Last I checked,the Needles Desert Star can still be sent in the mail to former residents that are still interested in what happens here. Take note, that I HAVE also seen the juvenile behavior in action of these so called "Saviors of Needles from Roy Mills". My money is on Roy Mills.
Needles Local

Bullhead City, AZ

#12 Aug 5, 2008
Just to let you know, I do live in Needles and this post shows Mohave Valley, AZ. So, you can't always go by what it says below you name for your location.
Arizona Bubba

Prescott Valley, AZ

#13 Aug 5, 2008
My oh My, let the vitrol flow. Your quote on a fool keeping quiet is most appropriate, and you should disconnect your computer. your hatred and vitrol and persons like you in Needles is the reason the city went from "The gateway to California" to a cesspool. You have no business, no good education, no good housing no good services and like short people, no reason to live.
(My apoligies to Hughie)
I am not from the familey of El Garces, but Jedediah Smith is close.
Most snakes will avoid people, but you must be a Mohave Green. Just keep doing your toxic best and the entire city will be on welfare as you most likely are. If you are not, why are you living in a city that the government has declared an "Economically Disadvantaged Community". I'm sure you "who knows all" that this only applies to the lowest 2% of all low income communities on record. Does that make you so proud?
Also, you did say if you would publically apologize to the recall guy if no wrong doing is proven?
In regards to my opinion of the Mayor conduct at the meeting I attended, I have chaired and conducted hundreds of meetings and they were run according to the protocols. This meeting was a joke, and run by one of your kindergarden kids.
"Hanta Yo"
community watch

Fort Mohave, AZ

#14 Aug 7, 2008
Read my comment again...personally "knowing someone" was not mentioned. I have been in and out of this community over 20 years and it still remains the same. If we are not happy with the politics, change them. That's it...Change things. Instead of bitching about what's fair or unfair change the way things are run. As to your metaphors Arizona Bubba; snake or not once shot we as all animals know, bleed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Parker Dam Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Vagos motorcycle club targeted in Southern Cali... (Mar '06) Jan 19 Dave 4,811
the music thread (Apr '12) Nov '14 texas pete 24
Winners and losers under Obama's immigration plan Nov '14 could happen here... 1
Needles in brief - a collection of area events. (Feb '09) Nov '14 FYI 24
Hot girls in Needles (Sep '13) Nov '14 cbw 5
your thrown out incumbents of needles Nov '14 3 strikes your out 1
they're screwing you again citizens Oct '14 No more 1

Parker Dam News Video

Parker Dam Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Parker Dam People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]