Teen hit by car in serious condition ...

Teen hit by car in serious condition -- Crime, Law and Justice,...

There are 22 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Apr 3, 2008, titled Teen hit by car in serious condition -- Crime, Law and Justice,.... In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

A Wonder Lake teen was in serious condition Thursday after he was struck by a car while walking across the street to catch the school bus, McHenry County sheriff's police said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
mom

Chicago, IL

#1 Apr 3, 2008
Teens reduce speed while you drive. Teens really have no business driving before they are 18 anyway. They can't even buy cigarettes, buy alcohol, etc yet they are licensed to be able to kill if there is an accident. It doesn't make sense why you would want a minor under 18 under your insurance if as a parent you have too much to loose. The teen is at risk as a driver and possibly ruining his life if he hurts someone because you are child under 18.
The Piper

Chicago, IL

#2 Apr 3, 2008
I love to speed!
cosmo kramer

Hightstown, NJ

#3 Apr 3, 2008
did the school bus have its stop sign enabled?

i hope the injured teen survives and thrives.

peace to all.
General Sherman 69

Phoenixville, PA

#4 Apr 3, 2008
The driver is 23 years old. Should know better. I pray for the victim's complete recovery.
pundit

Plano, TX

#5 Apr 3, 2008
I fail to see why a new driver who is 18 will be significantly better then a new driver who is 16. 16 or 18; they are both teenagers usually living with parents and etc. To me this issue has more to do with inexperience and insufficient training.
read_first

Antioch, IL

#7 Apr 3, 2008
The kid that caused the accident wasn't 18 he was 23 so everything about teen drivers is completely irrelevant, and as for the person asking about the bus... there was no bus, so no the sign was not out because no bus was there to begin with. I have personally talked to two different people that were present when the accident took place and Justin Lutker was neither speeding, nor drunk and the victim was too busy playing a hand held game to pay attention to traffic. This, however, does not mean that it wasn't the drivers fault. I take Thompson road every day and know first hand how many kids are there. The kids are always running into the street and this was bound to happen sooner or later. It was just unfortunate that the driver has had previous charges against him, but in no way should that be used to put him at fault for this. Just for the record I am not a friend or family member of either Brian Youngblood or Justin Lutker. My heart goes out to Brian Youngblood's family and I will pray for them, but people need to stop ranting about stuff that they have so obviously failed to educate themselves about.
at the scene

Huntley, IL

#8 Apr 3, 2008
the driver wasnt a teen but 23.
mom wrote:
Teens reduce speed while you drive. Teens really have no business driving before they are 18 anyway. They can't even buy cigarettes, buy alcohol, etc yet they are licensed to be able to kill if there is an accident. It doesn't make sense why you would want a minor under 18 under your insurance if as a parent you have too much to loose. The teen is at risk as a driver and possibly ruining his life if he hurts someone because you are child under 18.
at the scene

Huntley, IL

#9 Apr 3, 2008
the driver wasnt a teen but a 23 yr old
at the scene

Huntley, IL

#10 Apr 3, 2008
I hope you enjoy it enough to live with the guilt of the person you kill
The Piper wrote:
I love to speed!
Its me

Wheaton, IL

#12 Apr 3, 2008
This guys been in trouble before. He just stabbed someone.
http://www.google.com/search...
Hope the kid survives and lives a long and happy life!! My thoughts and prayers go out to family and friends.
cosmo kramer

Jersey City, NJ

#13 Apr 4, 2008
I read the story related to the stabbing. Ya, he was wrong to stab the guy twice in the belly, but the guy pretty much asked for it. I hope the driver (the guy who stabbed a guy for gropping his fiance and escalating a fight over it) gets over this streak of bad luck. I also hope the teen that was hit makes a miraculous recovery. The car accident was just that: an accident.(That is, assuming the witnesses accounts mentioned above are true.)

Peace.
Britches

Buffalo Grove, IL

#14 Apr 4, 2008
mom wrote:
Did you bother to read the story? And how about making sense? Your comments are totally asinine. "Licensed to kill..." boy, you sound like a real piece of work.

Anyway, I'm more fearful of some soccer mom with a cell phone pressed up against one ear, and the other arm flailing around, T-boning me at an intersection than I am of some teen speeding. I think people who talk on cell phones while driving should be arrested, taken to the station, and booked into jail. And if they have kids in the car, charged with child neglect with a DCFS investigation to ensue. Cell phone drivers are a menace to society.

I think nobody has any business talking on a phone while driving.
Wrong

Fox Lake, IL

#15 Apr 4, 2008
He was not playing any hand held game. You need to make sure you get the facts before you open your big mouth. I know first hand that he wasn't.
Wrong

Fox Lake, IL

#16 Apr 4, 2008
Thank you to everyone who have been praying for our family. He is expected to come home today.
Wonder Laker

Mchenry, IL

#17 Apr 4, 2008
FYI - Lutker has had SEVERAL brushes with the law including: disorderly conduct, theft of over $300 AND stabbing someone (whether the guy "deserved" it or not).
cosmo kramer

Hightstown, NJ

#18 Apr 5, 2008
Wrong wrote:
Thank you to everyone who have been praying for our family. He is expected to come home today.
This is great news! Thanks for the update. I hope he recovers completely! Peace and prayers.
saving to go to arizona

Woodstock, IL

#19 Apr 6, 2008
i find it funny how all of you are all sooo.. concerned with his past record when every thing you mention has absolutely nothing to do with driving so.. he's done some wrong haven't you all at one point it's not like he was trying to run him down it was simply an accident and if he was in the wrong please tell me how this is so i don't believe the kid the at was hit was in a cross walk??? so technically he was J-walking and in the wrong playing a hand held game or not
Just wanted to know

Saint Louis, MO

#20 Apr 15, 2008
Wrong wrote:
He was not playing any hand held game. You need to make sure you get the facts before you open your big mouth. I know first hand that he wasn't.
why did a 17 look both ways before crossing the street if he wasn't playing his hand held game?
I would think 17 year old would know how to look before you cross.
Just wanted to know

Saint Louis, MO

#21 Apr 15, 2008
Let me try that again, I need to work on my typing:
Why DIDN'T a 17 year old look both ways before crossing the street if he wasn't playing his hand held game?
adam

Rockford, IL

#22 Aug 9, 2009
justin lutker is a disgrace to humans

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Park Ridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 min loose cannon 243,007
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 9 min Noo 1,643,486
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 21 min SelfRefutingClima... 64,146
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 41 min _Zoey_ 11,540
Oregon the "33rd" state founded by Freemasons.. 4 hr Jesse Rishel 2
Cat's out of the bag. 5 hr Hmmmmmmmmmmm 4
Trump is A 5 hr Hillary Killer 76

Park Ridge Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Park Ridge Mortgages