Topix Chitown Regulars

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#97378 Apr 3, 2014
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Baseball on the park has turned into a proposition that only rich people can afford. The price of transportation and /or parking, the ticket and the overpriced drinks and food for 2 people is real high.
The kids will grow up to watch on TV... a bunch of overpaid guys with short work life expectancies who, in baseball, don't even look like they are in particularly good shape
(End of grumble... but its true)
It is way too costly.

And concerts.

Any good concert is getting way too expensive. If you want decent (not the best) seats for two you'll have to shell out at leasts $300 minimum.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#97379 Apr 3, 2014
Final Four result predictions?

Since: Mar 09

Hollywood, FL

#97380 Apr 3, 2014
Sublime1 wrote:
Final Four result predictions?
I don't know if you'd call it a prediction, but I'm definitely rooting for my Gators.

I'll be at a conference next week with an event on Monday night. So the ONLY bright side if the Gators don't make it to the finals is that I won't miss them win it all. But I'd rather they make it and I miss it!

This conference is usually mid-March and while I don't mind the idea of moving it to April because of weather, whoever planned this clearly isn't a sports fan. I'll be noting that on my evaluation. And the real kick in the nuts is that there are usually events on both Monday and Tuesday night of the conference, but this year it's just Monday. If only they would have switched days!

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Chicago, IL

#97381 Apr 3, 2014
Mister Tonka wrote:
How dare someone have an opinion on something!?

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Chicago, IL

#97382 Apr 3, 2014
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
It is way too costly.
And concerts.
Any good concert is getting way too expensive. If you want decent (not the best) seats for two you'll have to shell out at leasts $300 minimum.
Oh, it aint that bad. I've always gotten pretty good concert seats for around $60-70 maybe. Tickets for a ball game aren't too bad either, If you don't mind the cheap seats. Yeah, it's gonna you some money, but hell, what doesn't anymore?

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#97383 Apr 3, 2014
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
How dare someone have an opinion on something!?
How dare someone be judged on the content of his opinion!

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#97384 Apr 3, 2014
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, it aint that bad. I've always gotten pretty good concert seats for around $60-70 maybe. Tickets for a ball game aren't too bad either, If you don't mind the cheap seats. Yeah, it's gonna you some money, but hell, what doesn't anymore?
The cheapest tickets at Yankee Stadium at $23.80 each. Plus a fee for ordering them, plus parking or subway ticket. That is not unreasonable, except that I would not sit in the bleachers with my kids. They need better security in that area, plus the fans there are drunk, foul-mouthed boors who regularly chant "F@&$ you,(player's name)" at the opposing team.

Location hidden

#97385 Apr 3, 2014
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know if you'd call it a prediction, but I'm definitely rooting for my Gators.
I'll be at a conference next week with an event on Monday night. So the ONLY bright side if the Gators don't make it to the finals is that I won't miss them win it all. But I'd rather they make it and I miss it!
This conference is usually mid-March and while I don't mind the idea of moving it to April because of weather, whoever planned this clearly isn't a sports fan. I'll be noting that on my evaluation. And the real kick in the nuts is that there are usually events on both Monday and Tuesday night of the conference, but this year it's just Monday. If only they would have switched days!
Well that sucks for you.

I am rooting for my Badgers, of course and I am just so happy they made the final 4, even if they don’t go any further.

If I left my heart out of it and had money on the line, I think Florida would be my pick, but I can see any of these teams winning it.

Both U Conn and Wisconsin have beaten Florida during the regular season (only two teams who did it). So, it should be exciting.

Considering Kentucky lost 3 times to Florida and Wisconsin beat them, I am feeling pretty good about the game against Kentucky, but I think any of the final games can go either way. I think they will have a tough time guarding Frank Kaminsky. He was unstoppable against AZ.

I’m excited about next year too, as the Badgers have pretty much their whole team coming back, except I think for one player.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#97386 Apr 3, 2014
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Baseball needs to be smarter? Those comments did not come from MLB. They came from a radio guy who is paid to get people listening and a former football player. "Baseball" has no beef with this player.
Indeed...actually Baseball's players union, has it in their agreement, each player is allowed up to 3 games off, for paternity leave a season.....the Met's 2nd baseman took two games.....

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#97387 Apr 3, 2014
I believe its 3 days, not games.
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> Indeed...actually Baseball's players union, has it in their agreement, each player is allowed up to 3 games off, for paternity leave a season.....the Met's 2nd baseman took two games.....

Hollywood, FL

#97389 Apr 3, 2014
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well that sucks for you.
I am rooting for my Badgers, of course and I am just so happy they made the final 4, even if they don’t go any further.
If I left my heart out of it and had money on the line, I think Florida would be my pick, but I can see any of these teams winning it.
Both U Conn and Wisconsin have beaten Florida during the regular season (only two teams who did it). So, it should be exciting.
Considering Kentucky lost 3 times to Florida and Wisconsin beat them, I am feeling pretty good about the game against Kentucky, but I think any of the final games can go either way. I think they will have a tough time guarding Frank Kaminsky. He was unstoppable against AZ.
I’m excited about next year too, as the Badgers have pretty much their whole team coming back, except I think for one player.
Yep, we're out for revenge.
:)

In the context of football, I've heard that it's tough to beat the same team twice in a season (i.e. 1996 when we lost to the Noles in the regular season but beat them for the national championship) but I don't think the same holds true for basketball. So it's not a given that we'd win or lose to any of the teams for that reason. Kentucky has a young team though so I think that's part of why we've beaten them multiple times.

Location hidden

#97390 Apr 3, 2014
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, we're out for revenge.
In the context of football, I've heard that it's tough to beat the same team twice in a season (i.e. 1996 when we lost to the Noles in the regular season but beat them for the national championship) but I don't think the same holds true for basketball. So it's not a given that we'd win or lose to any of the teams for that reason. Kentucky has a young team though so I think that's part of why we've beaten them multiple times.
If you guys beat U Conn and Wisconsin on your way to the title, that would be quite the statement.

Hollywood, FL

#97391 Apr 3, 2014
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you guys beat U Conn and Wisconsin on your way to the title, that would be quite the statement.
That would be awesome.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#97392 Apr 3, 2014
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be awesome.
No. It would really suck.

Location hidden

#97394 Apr 3, 2014
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be awesome.
No it wouldn't.:p

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#97395 Apr 3, 2014
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No it wouldn't.:p
Majority rules!

It would suck.

Hollywood, FL

#97396 Apr 3, 2014
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Majority rules!
It would suck.
Since when is one person the majority over two?

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#97397 Apr 3, 2014
its programmer math.
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>

Location hidden

#97398 Apr 3, 2014
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Him and I both think it would suck if FL won.

I want Wisconsin to win it all.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#97399 Apr 3, 2014
Naw, the Wildcats will take it all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Park Ridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min President Trump 1,394,989
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 min GEORGIA 8,875
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 24 min IB DaMann 60,062
Observations 36 min Raydot 134
Word (Dec '08) 37 min GEORGIA 6,412
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 38 min RACE 1,667
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 39 min RACE 2,690
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Park Ridge Mortgages