“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Chicago, IL

#97358 Apr 2, 2014
RACE wrote:
Some people raise dumb to an art form
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/woman-a...
Two counts of unlawful use of a telephone? Unlawful use of a telephone!? A TELEPHONE??!!

“reign in blood”

Chicago, IL

#97359 Apr 2, 2014
j_m_w wrote:
Does there seem to be a trend of men becoming whiney drama batches lately? A real man wouldn't have given this a second thought

"I'm going to my friend's wedding this weekend."

"Kay, have fun. Guess I'll be getting drunk with the guys this weekend."

Dude needs to man up and quit sobbing into his purse

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#97360 Apr 2, 2014
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Does there seem to be a trend of men becoming whiney drama batches lately? A real man wouldn't have given this a second thought
"I'm going to my friend's wedding this weekend."
"Kay, have fun. Guess I'll be getting drunk with the guys this weekend."
Dude needs to man up and quit sobbing into his purse
Either that or her friends have hot dates and he's worried.

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#97361 Apr 2, 2014
j_m_w wrote:
Not that my husband would mind if I hung out with my fiends solo, but I would be pissed off if he was specifically excluded from an invitation where other couples were going to be I attendance (even before we were married).

If the fiancee (and I hope they are formally engaged, not just calling each other that because they like the sous better than boyfriend/girlfriend) doesn't get upset about her friend's thoughtlessness, then the LW should rethink his decision to spend the rest of his life with this woman.

Since: Mar 09

West Palm Beach, FL

#97362 Apr 2, 2014
ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>
Not that my husband would mind if I hung out with my fiends solo, but I would be pissed off if he was specifically excluded from an invitation where other couples were going to be I attendance (even before we were married).
If the fiancee (and I hope they are formally engaged, not just calling each other that because they like the sous better than boyfriend/girlfriend) doesn't get upset about her friend's thoughtlessness, then the LW should rethink his decision to spend the rest of his life with this woman.
I agree.

From a guy's perspective, I understand Sublime's and edog's takes on this. But at the end of the day, it's rude to exclude ONE person for no apparent reason. This is taking the letter at face value, of course.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#97363 Apr 2, 2014
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree.
From a guy's perspective, I understand Sublime's and edog's takes on this. But at the end of the day, it's rude to exclude ONE person for no apparent reason. This is taking the letter at face value, of course.
I actually put it both ways.

It really depends to me on which shoes I am in.

If I were the person not invited, I would be more concerned about how my SO behaves and how this reflects on our relationship.

If I am the person who had my SO not invited, Iím would be more concerned about how my friends have behaved and how they have insulted and disrespected me.

I would act very differently in each situation.

If I were being excluded and I knew my SO wanted me to be there and wasnít happy about me not being invited, thatís all I REALLY need to know. In that situation Ö Iím good Ö she can go have a fun time if she wants go Ö Iíll be fine and here after she gets back Ö if she doesnít wanna go and is mad at her friends, I think she has every right to be and she can stay home with me, but itís her choice.

On the other hand if I were invited and my SO were being excluded, then I have an issue with my friends, and Iím not going to have very kind words about the situation and I wouldnít attend. Why would I be mad at my friends, but not her friends; because I expect more from my friends than I do from my SOís friends ... not that I still wouldn't think my SOs friends are dooshes.
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#97365 Apr 2, 2014
RACE wrote:
School of hard knocks, with a 4year apprenticeship, finished up with a 2yr degree from a community college.
Which explains my low 6 figure income.
<quoted text>
And your 1986 Trans Am?

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#97366 Apr 2, 2014
cheluzal wrote:
<quoted text>
And your 1986 Trans Am?
All black with T-Tops, baby. We call him Bandit. You know he made it to Texarkana and back in 24 hours? Never been done before.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#97367 Apr 3, 2014

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#97368 Apr 3, 2014

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#97369 Apr 3, 2014
Ha, older than that. Prolly older than you!
cheluzal wrote:
<quoted text>
And your 1986 Trans Am?

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#97370 Apr 3, 2014

#97371 Apr 3, 2014
Ha! I was surprised to hear Esiason say something so ignorant!

His wife would have probably told him to shove it if he said that. Unless his wife has the IQ of Melba toast.
Mister Tonka wrote:

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#97372 Apr 3, 2014
Mister Tonka wrote:
Mike Francesa is an a$$. I used to listen to his show, but I got too angry between his crap and the idiots who would call in.

3 days away from the team is nothing when you play 162 games, especially at the beginning of the season. This is not like the QB missing 3 football games.

I think that at this point, professional sports need to think about making their images more family friendly. I love the Mets, even if they disappoint every year.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#97373 Apr 3, 2014
ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>
....3 days away from the team is nothing when you play 162 games, especially at the beginning of the season. This is not like the QB missing 3 football games.
I think that at this point, professional sports need to think about making their images more family friendly. I love the Mets, even if they disappoint every year.
Seriously, what is three days going to do? Even if it was longer, I think baseball has got to be a bit smarter. Those little kids that go to the games grow up and spend money on their kids to go to the game.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#97374 Apr 3, 2014
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously, what is three days going to do? Even if it was longer, I think baseball has got to be a bit smarter. Those little kids that go to the games grow up and spend money on their kids to go to the game.
Baseball needs to be smarter? Those comments did not come from MLB. They came from a radio guy who is paid to get people listening and a former football player. "Baseball" has no beef with this player.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#97375 Apr 3, 2014
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Baseball on the park has turned into a proposition that only rich people can afford. The price of transportation and /or parking, the ticket and the overpriced drinks and food for 2 people is real high.

The kids will grow up to watch on TV... a bunch of overpaid guys with short work life expectancies who, in baseball, don't even look like they are in particularly good shape

(End of grumble... but its true)

#97376 Apr 3, 2014
Even the owner of the team supports his doing this!
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Baseball needs to be smarter? Those comments did not come from MLB. They came from a radio guy who is paid to get people listening and a former football player. "Baseball" has no beef with this player.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#97377 Apr 3, 2014
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Baseball needs to be smarter? Those comments did not come from MLB. They came from a radio guy who is paid to get people listening and a former football player. "Baseball" has no beef with this player.
Well, I agree. I should have said "this baseball broadcaster needs to be smart".

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#97378 Apr 3, 2014
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Baseball on the park has turned into a proposition that only rich people can afford. The price of transportation and /or parking, the ticket and the overpriced drinks and food for 2 people is real high.
The kids will grow up to watch on TV... a bunch of overpaid guys with short work life expectancies who, in baseball, don't even look like they are in particularly good shape
(End of grumble... but its true)
It is way too costly.

And concerts.

Any good concert is getting way too expensive. If you want decent (not the best) seats for two you'll have to shell out at leasts $300 minimum.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Park Ridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min someone else 1,220,923
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 10 min Hister 187,435
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 34 min Red_Forman 5,921
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr Red_Forman 5,207
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 1 hr Red_Forman 865
No one works in 1 of 5 families in the USA. 1 hr Entitlements 1
Cartel-like warnings hanging mannequins found o... (May '14) 1 hr Tina 2
More from around the web

Park Ridge People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]