|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Sam I Am GEAM wrote:
<quoted text>
Completely incomplete answer. It depends on the length of their incarceration.
I don't think so. The longer you keep someone in prison, the cost goes up, sure, but it still doesn't even compare to the cost of executing them.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

RACE wrote:
Each person put to death on death row prevents another 18 murders from happening. multiply that 18 by all their associated costs, and it is really cheaper to off the 1st murderer
<quoted text>
I've never heard of such a thing.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Aisle Sitter wrote:
<quoted text>
Cool for you!(sez teh one who has less than no interest in going there)
Same here. I have no interest in going to crowded, smelly India especially in the summer.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Ha, tried to type "Yolo" and auto correct on my phone tried to correct it to "tool". Texting J about this:

http://theclicker.today.com/_news/2013/04/01/...

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Aisle Sitter wrote:
<quoted text>
What level was studied- a state? the US? Just wondering...
I mostly want this case done for the families so that they aren't subjected to teh details at appeal after appeal.
Oh, sorry I didn't cite the source or give you more info! I was sorta in a rush to get outta work.

Those figures are based on the state of California only.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
OMG, OMG, OMG...It's been confirmed. I leave for Chennai, India on June 7. Excited would be an understatement.
VERY cool! Who else is going from your job? Does your husband get to join you for a mini trip?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
Ha, tried to type "Yolo" and auto correct on my phone tried to correct it to "tool". Texting J about this:
Sounds like he was with his uncle in the truck when they both died? Drug OD?

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Since: Feb 13

Huntingdon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think so. The longer you keep someone in prison, the cost goes up, sure, but it still doesn't even compare to the cost of executing them.
I know you don't like to let things like information and facts get in the way of what you say, but look at post #83323 for some basic math.

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Since: Feb 13

Huntingdon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
So this show I watch with my bf had an episode a couple of weeks ago with a bad guy who went by YOLO, and he ended up getting killed by the guy he was torturing (played quite well by Patton Oswalt). Now if only someone could actually kill that acronym.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

http://news.yahoo.com/ipad-bad-children-10300...

"Like a magician quieting a group of children by pulling a rabbit out of a hat, my sister reached into her purse and produced two shiny Apple iPads," handing one to each child. The kids fell "eerily" silent for the rest of the meal.
This is hardly a unique occurrence. In restaurants, churches, and other public places all over the U.S.(and probably the developed world), harried parents pull out their tablets or smartphones for a spell of peace and quiet for them and any other adults around them. And, like Bilton's sister, many of these parents feel "slightly guilty."

Guilty??!?! HAH! I feel overjoyed! The only negative feeling I have is envy, cause in order to quiet them down *I* can't play with my phone while I wait for my food. Need to remember to bring the old phones with us next time we go out to eat.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

I suspect that part of the cost of execution includes a more expensive housing expense for death row inmates.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
VERY cool! Who else is going from your job? Does your husband get to join you for a mini trip?
I told him he could, but I don't think he's going to. There's a bunch of people going, but like 6 from my area, nobody I know really well. One guy is from Chennai. Hope he knows he's going to be our defacto tour guide/translator, ha ha.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
I told him he could, but I don't think he's going to. There's a bunch of people going, but like 6 from my area, nobody I know really well. One guy is from Chennai. Hope he knows he's going to be our defacto tour guide/translator, ha ha.
Haven't read it. Just saw the headline. Enjoy.

http://news.yahoo.com/india-study-says-sex-at...

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I suspect that part of the cost of execution includes a more expensive housing expense for death row inmates.
I don't think so. I think the extra cost is factoring in all the costs to the government associated with the multiple appeals process.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index...

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Haven't read it. Just saw the headline. Enjoy.
http://news.yahoo.com/india-study-says-sex-at...
Yeah, I've been reading up on that stuff. My company is covering their asses pretty well with chaperones and drivers and such. I'm not too worried.

Was just talking to a co-worker from there, but she's been *here* for 20 years. Her advice was pretty much the advice I'd give to someone visiting Chicago. Be careful with your money and ID, don't give money to beggars, act like you know where you're going, etc.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
•Using conservative rough projections, the Commission estimates the annual costs of the present (death penalty) system to be $137 million per year.
•The cost of a system which imposes a maximum penalty of lifetime incarceration instead of the death penalty would be $11.5 million per year.
That's an eye opener.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Bleeding heart. He wasn't too concerned about the humane treatment of his victims.
I may or may not be a bleeding heart but I look at it more logically, not emotionally. I'm not too concerned about what the perpetrator is feeling or what he was/is concerned about, although generally I believe mental illness is something to take into consideration.

It's just too easy to say "fry him".

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>I don't think so. I think the extra cost is factoring in all the costs to the government associated with the multiple appeals process.
I know about all of that -- including mandatory appeals, etc. I just think that you have not onyl that (which is the bulk of the expense), but they often get housed in their own wings, and there is a lot more security involved with housing them, so it's going to cost more.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
I may or may not be a bleeding heart but I look at it more logically, not emotionally. I'm not too concerned about what the perpetrator is feeling or what he was/is concerned about, although generally I believe mental illness is something to take into consideration.
It's just too easy to say "fry him".
My only argument with the death penalty is the possibility that we fry the wrong person. Barring that, I have zero problem with "legal murder". I'm down with an eye for an eye.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Park Ridge Discussions

Search the Park Ridge Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min DBWriter 1,082,723
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 min LRS 175,016
Adult Nursing Relationships (May '11) 24 min Jimkirk 132
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 1 hr raphael 3,839
Six-year-old girl watches in horror as police '... 1 hr LuckyGirlDidnt BARE Teeth 6
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr CDC 48,966
murder on ash street (Mar '13) 1 hr FIRESTARTER 8
•••
•••
•••
Park Ridge Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Park Ridge Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000